Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Mayor of DC signs $1B for MLB Must be on crack again 
Speed Racer

Post Mayor of DC signs $1B for MLB Must be on crack again
For those of you who do not remember the Mayor of DC was actually caught on video tape smoking crack back in the 80's, seems his successor is out of mind too.

DC is broke and he just signed a $1B deal for a LAST place team, my main problem is this: MLB is not a charity, and I looked in my piggy bank and I didnt have the $584 million they needed for a new stadium for a last place team, so I couldnt help that leaves you, do you have $584 million??. Just when you thought it was safe to give out the dumbass of the year awards, some one goes and throws their hat in the ring on the 29th of Dec.!! Good luck Williams!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X ... onbaseball

Legislation bringing big-league baseball to capital is signed into law

By HEATHER GREENFIELD, Associated Press Writer
December 29, 2004
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Beaming like a kid who just met his favorite sports star, Mayor Anthony A. Williams signed legislation Wednesday to bring major league baseball back to the nation's capital.

``This is one of my proudest days as mayor,'' Williams said.

His signature came after weeks of political wrangling as several members of the District of Columbia Council balked at an earlier plan to finance a new stadium along the Southeast waterfront.

Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]