Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 RIP "The Minister of Defense" 
Romosexual!

Post RIP "The Minister of Defense"
http://espn.go.com/classic/obit/s/2004/ ... 53400.html

Reggie White dies Sunday morning

Former NFL star Reggie White died Sunday morning at his home near Huntersville, N.C., his wife said.

"Reggie White was the greatest defensive end of all time, but as great as he was on the field, he was that much greater off the field. I'd like to take a moment to tell you what kind of person Reggie White was. I had the pleasure to play with Reggie from 1987-1992, and those were five wonderful years because he was there. He was a man who led wherever he went whether it was on the football field or off it. When he chose a path, he stuck to it, and that's part of the reason why he was great on and off the field.
"He was one of my closest friends off the field, and I'm extremely sad that I'm here to have to eulogize such a great man. White is the second member of that defensive line who was taken too quickly from us. Jerome Brown was the first, and their friendship proves the beauty and power of football. Jerome and Reggie couldn't have been more different. While one was a religious man, the other was not quite as religious, but off the field they were great friends. Football was the common denominator that brought us all together, but it isn't what made us great friends.

"I will miss Reggie, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Sara, and his two lovely children." -- Mike Golic of ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike"

The former Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles defensive end, a lock for the Pro Football Hall of Fame who retired as the NFL's all-time sacks leader in 2000, turned 43 on Dec. 19.

Through the family pastor, Sara White confirmed her husband's death, saying that she believes White died of respiratory failure related to his sleep apnea. An autopsy is to be performed to determine the exact cause of death.

"Today our beloved husband, father and friend passed away," Sara White said through the pastor. "His family appreciates your thoughts and prayers as we mourn the loss of Reggie White. We want to thank you in advance for honoring our privacy."[/i]

:) He's in a better place now.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:47 pm
Extraordinary

RIP.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-