Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pistons-Pacers brawl 
I'm Batman

So who is going to score for Pacers now? Fred Jones? They are screwed big time, unless Tinsley turns into Allen Iverson, and Reggie Miller turned back the clock for 10 years.

And if Reggie Miller unbroke his finger and wasn't done for awhile.

Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:44 pm
Forum General

This is bullshit. Artest should not have been suspended for the entire season.

Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:59 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

I agree. It should have been a lifetime ban!

Now hopefull they can identify some of the fans and prosecute them too.

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:24 pm
Extraordinary

Artest got Fucked bad.The punishment was to harsh.

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

Are you serious?
Artest was punished to harshly. He was fuckin attacked. Yes he should have been punished, but for the whole damn season

Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:33 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

TonyMontana wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Are you serious?
Artest was punished to harshly. He was fuckin attacked. Yes he should have been punished, but for the whole damn season

My arguments have largely been laid out above. But, to gloss over a few points once again: Artest's extreme overreaction and attack on an innocent fan put everyone at risk and sparked a full scale riot. Artest got hit with a plastic cup from an idiot 20 feet away. The "fan" that did it deserves to be arrested and is an idiot to out it mildly, but Artest's reaction and attack on a fan that didn't even throw the glass was just as bad, if not worse. I would be very surprised if Artest was not brought up on criminal charges.

Artest has a history of losing his temper in an extreme way and has been suspended so many times it's tought to keep count. The NBA does not need people like Artest, and he is bringing down the entire reputation of the league.

I went and saw the Pacers play a few years ago, and they are one of my favorite teams. So, while I feel really bad that this could destroy the Pacers season, I think the NBA doesn't need players like Artest. I do think in light of his past history that a lifetime ban would not have been out of the question. Hell, he doesn't even want to play anymore and has said that this might be his last season anyways as he was going to focus on his rapping.

Artest is a ticking time bomb. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually did something that will seriously hurt someone. As a Pacer fan and an NBA fan, I say Artest is not worth the risk to soil those good names.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:05 am
I'm Batman

Stern said that had it been a different person his decision might have been different. So...I don't even know what to say because it's so mind boggling why he would even say that.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:29 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Stern said that had it been a different person his decision might have been different. So...I don't even know what to say because it's so mind boggling why he would even say that.

It's just like a court of law. If you have a repeat offender, it is wise to take more severe action.

Artest has been in the league for 6 years and has a very long history of losing his temper and getting suspended. He was suspended 13 games in the 2002-2003 season alone for various offenses in which he let his anger get the best of him. On one occassion in Boston, he lost his temper and smashed a high definition camera worth over 6 figures. Not to mention the countless times he lost it and committed flagrant fouls attempting to seriously injure other players, such as the time he was suspended for intentionally hitting Derrick Coleman in the face with his elbow.

Stern would be an idiot for not weighing in past history. Artest shows a pattern of behavior, and if Stern did not act accordingly the league could be held liable and responsible if they do not recognize this and take action.

Personally, I hope they make him take anger management therapy as a requirement before he can rejoin the league. The guy needs some help.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:10 am
Squee

BacktotheFuture wrote:

It's just like a court of law. If you have a repeat offender, it is wise to take more severe action.

Artest has been in the league for 6 years and has a very long history of losing his temper and getting suspended. He was suspended 13 games in the 2002-2003 season alone for various offenses in which he let his anger get the best of him. On one occassion in Boston, he lost his temper and smashed a high definition camera worth over 6 figures. Not to mention the countless times he lost it and committed flagrant fouls attempting to seriously injure other players, such as the time he was suspended for intentionally hitting Derrick Coleman in the face with his elbow.

Stern would be an idiot for not weighing in past history. Artest shows a pattern of behavior, and if Stern did not act accordingly the league could be held liable and responsible if they do not recognize this and take action.

Personally, I hope they make him take anger management therapy as a requirement before he can rejoin the league. The guy needs some help.

Like Milton Bradley!! (although Milton's dumb thing was much more understandable, as a bottle was thrown at him, NOT a plastic cup. Granted, the bottle might have been plastic, but it doesnt LOOK plastic, so I'm not so sure Bradley knew it was plastic and not glass..) Dumbass fans need to be taught a fucking lesson. Some things idiots have done could be really dangerous. Carl Everret got hit in the head by a cell-phone thrown from the upper-deck, someone throwing a bottle at Bradley. Some of these things can really hurt the players. Despite how much you're "paying" them, you have no fucking right to treat athletes like fucking dogs.

:glare:

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:28 am
George A. Romero

artest got what he deserved. i think his suspension was just right. if he had shown some restraint and not gone into the stands, this would have just been a minor scuffle. but he just couldn't handle the fact that he got hit with a plastic cup of beer....BEER!!. he completely went off the deep end for something minor and it sparked a huge riot. he should have let security do their job. they get paid to deal with morons like that fan. he needs to seek some serious psychological counseling during his time off.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:30 am
Can you imagine if this was Philadelphia or Cleveland? They probably would have killed Artest. He's just luck the Pistons fans had mostly cleared out at that point and the remaining ones weren't the best fighters.

I know I shouldn't be laughing but this post is pretty funny.

Artest was EXTREMELY lucky that he picked that particular game to go crazy at. If it wasn't random white guys, I think the outcome of the fight would of been very different. Then again, in all honesty, I doubt Artest would of jumped into a sea of rapid fans and started swinging.

He did the equivalent of beating up a girl or old person.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:00 am
He'd be dead if he did that thing around these parts.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:34 am
Angels & Demons

I still can't believe it all happened. I have to agree that while its not necessarily in their contracts, they have to endure a whole bunch of stresses that come with the job. Is that fair? No, but it goes with the territory.

I have to second the notion that repeat offenses really are a matter that needs to be regarded higher. I dont follow basketball that closely really, but I do follow sports pretty darn well. This is the same guy with previous offenses, who demanded a month off to take time and relax/promote his forthcoming rap album? If this is his life (for which he is earning that $5 mil/year), maybe this will breath a little sanity into him.

And I'm not completely anti-players in this situation. Heck, I thought when Tie Domi (a couple years back in Toronto vs. Philly) had the dude (who was yelling at him like crazy) fall into his penalty box, was deserved in that sick kind of way.

I agree he could have just held restraint. He could have just gone after the piston player, but he purposely laid down on the timer's table, and was mocking the other guy? That isn't very professional at all either. Were they right for throwing beer & crap at him? No. Did they have reason to be upset? Yes.

But the line was crossed the second he did enter the stands. This is not the street or some alley where he can fight the guy one on one. I'm sure there will be charges against him, which will get waived because he is a rich celebrity, who will continue to not own up to his actions. I'd also be surprised to see him in the league a few years from now.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

TonyMontana wrote:
Can you imagine if this was Philadelphia or Cleveland? They probably would have killed Artest. He's just luck the Pistons fans had mostly cleared out at that point and the remaining ones weren't the best fighters.

Artest was EXTREMELY lucky that he picked that particular game to go crazy at. If it wasn't random white guys, I think the outcome of the fight would of been very different. Then again, in all honesty, I doubt Artest would of jumped into a sea of rapid fans and started swinging.

Exactly! He singled out the scrawniest white boy he could find in the audience. There were some big brothers sitting near that kid, but somehow Artest ruled them out as suspects. It's just a good thing there were no kids in that area, as Artest was clearly going for the smallest weakest person he could find.

I must admit that the look on that guys face when he realized Artest was going after him was priceless. $10 says he needed some new underwear.

I'm still amazed that nobody was packing heat in the audience. I mean, this is Detroit we're talking about! I would have thought that Artest would have left the crowd looking like a Wisconsin deer hunter.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:53 am
Angels & Demons

loyalfromlondon wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

Exactly! He singled out the scrawniest white boy he could find in the audience. There were some big brothers sitting near that kid, but somehow Artest ruled them out as suspects. It's just a good thing there were no kids in that area, as Artest was clearly going for the smallest weakest person he could find.

I must admit that the look on that guys face when he realized Artest was going after him was priceless. $10 says he needed some new underwear.

I'm still amazed that nobody was packing heat in the audience. I mean, this is Detroit we're talking about! I would have thought that Artest would have left the crowd looking like a Wisconsin deer hunter.

no kidding. what was it the '90 or '91 finals where after they won gunshots were fired?

Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I agree with the punishments, however I think that Big Ben should have been given at least double what he got 12 games sounds like a better fit.

$10 not one fan is punished. It's just going to be to hard to figure out whose who.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:43 am
Angels & Demons

I agree with the punishments, however I think that Big Ben should have been given at least double what he got 12 games sounds like a better fit.

$10 not one fan is punished. It's just going to be to hard to figure out whose who.

I'm not sure? I saw an interview with the first pistons jersey dude (the one who didn't get clocked)..

with today's media I bet they will find out. Repercussions... maybe not. Actually I was more wondering how much the league is going to have to dole out either in reparations or hush $.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Well, it looks like you owe us $10. According to the Prosecutor's Office they have identified the fan and he will be facing charges...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/b ... ml?cnn=yes

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:40 pm
Angels & Demons

actually after I really looked online, they had a pretty darn clear of 'the dude in white' who started it, and punched him in the back of the head.

odds are either through credit transactions, or just word of mouth they know.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Wow,Ive been watching the watching the video over and over and IMO after watching closely i have concluded that a woman was the one who threw that cup of water at artest,Anyone agree?It was a black woman with a pistons jersey I think.When artest jumped up the camera showed a much wider shot andf there was a woman with a throwing motion as if she threw something.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Wow,Ive been watching the watching the video over and over and IMO after watching closely i have concluded that a woman was the one who threw that cup of water at artest,Anyone agree?It was a black woman with a pistons jersey I think.When artest jumped up the camera showed a much wider shot andf there was a woman with a throwing motion as if she threw something.

really? everyone seems to be focused on the white dude in white (I know that sounds awful).. who threw the beer in the first place?

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Yeah,That white dude also could have been the one to throw it.
I think it was probably the white dude,but the woman did throw something also,maybe she thought artest was going after her her.
Did you see the fat guy getting clocked? He derseved it.Lol!

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Yeah,That white dude also could have been the one to throw it.
I think it was probably the white dude,but the woman did throw something also,maybe she thought artest was going after her her.
Did you see the fat guy getting clocked? He derseved it.Lol!

That was the best!

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:48 pm
Commander and Chef

http://www.basketbrawl.us/video.php

Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

This was a total disgrace and a terrible waste of beer

Why would you throw a $7 beer at some asshole, it makes you even dumber for wasting it. Here take this, boy that will teach him......

If these guys cant handle the pressure they can always go back to their high paying jobs at Wal Mart

Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next