Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 138  Next
 superman returns predictons 
Romosexual!

revolutions wrote:
Congrats Positive Jon on pretty much winning the bet. :cry: I'm gone for a month as soon as weekend estimates are up.

SR sooo deserves at least $75 OW. :mad: DAMN U AMERICANS!!!

I lowered the bar to $60M after it moved to Wednesday, then called the bet off after upping my prediction to $66M. Damn you Jon, DAMN YOU. :nonono:

:sweat:

you still would've won.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:19 am
Mod Team Leader

dont worry about it. as long as we get a sequel idont care how much dough it makes.

PLAN G!! :hahaha:

Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:10 am
Profile WWW
The Original

I am pretty sure Superman will do very well in WW market (where Superman is much more known as Batman, X-Men and FF4 together .....face it).

Mark my words. It will outgross the most sucessful X-Men movie.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:04 am
ef star star kay

90+ for first 5 days
220+ for total gross

Is that disappointment??

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:16 am
Mod Team Leader

I am pretty sure Superman will do very well in WW market (where Superman is much more known as Batman, X-Men and FF4 together .....face it).

So lets see,

If Supes makes 16 mill today
And 17 mill tomorrow
and 14 mill on Sunday

That's a 47 mill weekend. Make sure you keep that in your signature. :roll:

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Wall-E

FILMOre McGilmore wrote:

So lets see,

If Supes makes 16 mill today
And 17 mill tomorrow
and 14 mill on Sunday

That's a 47 mill weekend. Make sure you keep that in your signature. :roll:

I think he's refering to the international takes..Which werent that spectacular...

X3
Domestic: $226,483,394 53.6%
+ Foreign: $195,692,547 46.4%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $422,175,941

X2
Domestic: $214,949,694 52.7%
+ Foreign: $192,607,919 47.3%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $407,557,613
X-men
Domestic: $157,299,717 53.1%
+ Foreign: $138,950,336 46.9%

= Worldwide: $296,250,053

Superman

Domestic: $134,218,018 44.7%
+ Foreign: $166,000,000 55.3%

= Worldwide: $300,218,018

Superman II

Domestic: $108,185,706
Cant find a foreign take

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

But what I am saying Rich, is that when I said that my 47 mill OW, people laughed at me. Even if it makes 55 for the weekend, my 47 is a hell of a lot closer than what all the myopics predicted.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:30 am
Profile WWW
The Original

In the end when youre gonna watch that list

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Supes will be ahead of any X-Men movie.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:34 am
Wall-E

But what I am saying Rich, is that when I said that my 47 mill OW, people laughed at me. Even if it makes 55 for the weekend, my 47 is a hell of a lot closer than what all the myopics predicted.

Ahh. Yea, I'm off on this one myself. When the original release was set for Friday I figured easily a weekend take over 80mil, closer to 100. With the date pushed to Wednesday I was guessing maybe between 60-70mil weekend, maybe just hoping.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

60+ in opening weekend
90+ for first 5 days
220+ for total gross

Is that disappointment??

With a 209M production budget for Singer's film, 100-150M in marketing, and another 50-70M in costs for previous production for a film that was supposed to be one of the highest grossing films of the year. Yeah, that's awful.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

JURiNG wrote:
60+ in opening weekend
90+ for first 5 days
220+ for total gross

Is that disappointment??

With a 209M production budget for Singer's film, 100-150M in marketing, and another 50-70M in costs for previous production for a film that was supposed to be one of the highest grossing films of the year. Yeah, that's awful.

I guarantee it will not make 220...GUARANTEE!!

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

:2thumbsup: @RAWSAW

Plan H: Fuck domestic take, its all about the international gross!!1

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:49 am
Profile WWW
The Original

FILMOre McGilmore wrote:

:cry: Its not always about US. We are also humans :cry:

:shades:

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:51 am
Mod Team Leader

Positive Jon wrote:
FILMOre McGilmore wrote:

:cry: Its not always about US. We are also humans :cry:

I agree, WW matters more. But we were discussing the domestic first and foremost.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Sorry for laughing at you. :unsure: You'll be alot closer than the majority.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:55 am
College Boy Z

excel wrote:
i give it 100 million opening
325 million total

Maverikk wrote:
This will be huge with kids, and that will push it over 300 million. unless Bryan Singer tries to make Supes "edgy", which would be a mistake and an insult to the character and his fanbase.

Shack wrote:
83/315

Shack, have you ever stuck to your initial prediction? :tongue:

excel wrote:
their not kissing 200 million good bye at all...does anybody remember a while back to the reactions when the first harry potter trailer premiered? it was a lot like this one...rather be exciting...it was clips from scenes we already knew about. we know superman can fly. we know he grew up in smallville. we know his parents found his ship. we know he came from a huge space city. by watching this trailer you can guess what that scene is for the harry potter trailer was the same way. aint nothing wrong with that.

this is a TEASER trailer. its about as good as a sign hanging above earth saying NEW SUPERMAN MOVIES COMING. Then at the super bowl hype will be big due to special effects trailer. then hype grow due to trailer with v for vendetta...then hype huge after w.b. pulls incredible theatrical trailer ala goblet of fire/matrix reloaded/potter 1 then everythign is unloaded.

basicaly, what will people remember better-a huge barage of exciting tv spots a week before release, or a super exciting teaser 7 months before the film comes out?

you tell me.

as for it being boring, this is how the film will be-WWWWHAT?!? please explain who you could spend 250 MILLION+ on a PRODUCTION and have the film come out BORING?!? WHAT? does.not.make.sense.

BJ wrote:
BJs Prediction:

Opening Wknd: 112m

Domestic Total: 425m

:hahaha:

Oh, and I love this one...

excel wrote:
You guys CANNOT be serious?

anybody who is predictiing UNDER 200 million for this is out fo their mind.

Period.

This film is costing 250 MILLLOIN DOLLARS.

Please.hwo in the whole fucking world. can that. possibly.translate. to. a. boring. movie.

also please. these "BATMAN BEGINS got 200, so supes cant beat it" arguments are bullshit.

batman begins was restarting a franchise that had once been HUGE. But only 8 years. in short, Batman was viwed as COOL in 1989-1997. after 1997 it totally stopped. people forgot about him. it takes alotmore then 8 years for a character to become cool again. and incase you didnt notice ,thats true. batman had virtually no public hype heading into its opening weeked cause anybody under the age of 20 had seen a batfilm and remembered them. they could remember them intheaters. and their toys. in short batmman wasa a figure of their childhood that was now old. itd be like trying to reintroduce beanie babies again today. itd just be very hard,

its like this. imagine have spiderman in 2002. now imagine sony waiting till 2010 just to totally redo it.

thats the situation batman had. except when he left everybody hated him.

superman is DIFFERENT. Unless you were borin in 1982- or before, you wont remember seeing a superman film in theaters. so just in terms ofthat the arguments done. superman hasnt been on the big screen in 19 years. baman was 8. so that argument is pointless. a superman movie will be much more fresh then a batman ever was because its been so long since one.

now in terms of a film-dont worry. actor/crew have all said-when compared to the donner movies-this film is much morefun and light. the teaser might seem very serious but that isnt how the film will be. this film-incase you couldnt tell from the plot-will be very similar to BATMAN in terms of plot. itll be about that good. this will just be a lot of fun.

so please. no bat comparisons. they dont work.

back to the argument.....zingaling, you said you want a reason for 400 million...give us a reason for under 200 million. supermans appeals to every possible genre but unlike fantasic four this is getting respect, will be a much better film, a waaaay bigger character name.

also look at it like this. in 05 everybody seemed to be waiting all may to seestar wars. now tell me what movie in june appeals to adults? like star wars was in may, people will be waiting for superman to come cause theyll be so much liottle kiddie crap.

Oh and for the record, bryan singer personally said, ayt princeton, that the films second teaser is ocming very soon. the point of the harrypotter one was just to tell theworld this films coming.

as of right now-superman is way more mainstream then batman. batman doesnt appeal to kids or women or people looking for comedy, while those are 3 of superman biggest audiences, while still having the action/drama/suspense to fall back on.

plus it 250 million. do you really think that there is even the SLIGHTEST CHANCE that w.b. wont market this movie? or an even slighter chance that they wont show off the effects in the trailers? please. this film has more tie ins fantastic four as is. it HAS to be marketed if w.b. doesnt weanna be sued.

personally, i think we should pay for close attention to goblet of fires numbers as i thinktheyll be similar...

this film is a legit lock for 200 million with 250 million at probably 85%

so to sum up....you think batman will beat this?what?

superman returns-which is being promised as the marketing event of next year and predicted by most as next years biggest offering(just check its numbers at hollywoodstock exchange if you dontbelieve me)- will outgross batman begins in 10 days or less.

150 million 5 day. 175 first weekend with 40 minmum second week.

It's fun to look back at the early pages of this thread.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:26 pm
Extraordinary

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:40 pm
Superfreak

then w.b. would have to think the sequel will go up A LOT.

i think well get one once worldwides come in.

WE BETTER!!!

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:44 pm
Homo Dperious

I was always torn on this one. I didn't want to bet against such a well known character, but I suppose WB's marketing can always manage to do the trick.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:08 pm
Profile ICQ
Superfreak

they had a great tv spot campaign n even shack agreed.

this film not being a sequel is whats really hurting its opening.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:09 pm
Too Brilliant for Introductions

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

what? how? that if anything is the real truth.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:36 pm
Too Brilliant for Introductions

Thing is it still won't reach $200 million because of that.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:43 pm
Mod Team Leader

I hope there is a sequel. I still want to see more Superman, but with a much much better script and a much much better villain.

And for all those Superman myopics out there, :hahaha: :mad: :hahaha:

I'm kind of kidding..as I have said before, we all make outlandish predictions at times.

Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 138  Next