Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

First batch of reviews are "fine/good." Current consensus seems to be improved gameplay and mechanics (among the best in the series), but worst graphics and performance issues that hold it back.

Turning Pokémon into an annual franchise has caught up with Game Freak it appears, and it's probably The Pokémon Company's fault ($$$). As others have said, the graphics and technical problems (the latter especially) can't be fully blamed on a nearly 6 year old console when a number of bigger games look/play better.

There has been 5 mainline Pokemon games in 5 years... 5.5 games if you count the DLC expansions for Sword/Shield in 2020.

The reviews being on par (maybe a little lower) than Sword/Shield doesn't turn me away, but I hope whoever is responsible for pumping out so many games so fast can chill a bit. Chances seem high Game Freak is always on a deadline they can barely meet now by doing some bare minimum work here and there, and have no time to optimize their games.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:08 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The technical issues are disappointing considering we usually expect Nintendo games to release very polished. Guess they're just like everyone else now. :pinch:

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Unfortunately (or fortunately), Pokémon seems to be the only major Nintendo franchise to fall into this.

It's pretty frustrating. It's easy to argue that every Switch entry of a major Nintendo franchise has been peak, or at least among the very best in their respective franchises. Except for Pokémon... Now, Nintendo isn't part of the development, so it's a Game Freak/Pokémon Company problem, but now having a Switch entry that surpasses or meets the highs of the past yet is annoying.

Still looking forward to Scarlet/Violet though. Sword/Shield receives a mixed reception from fans, but I largely still liked them (especially since the DLC gave them more of a proper post-game, it's just annoying it cost $30...).

It sounds like they do make a lot of improvements and are strong titles, it's just performance/tech issues that didn't get refined or optimized that's the problem when it shouldn't be a problem. Many other Switch games can do a consistent 30fps with a rare dip here or there (like grassy areas in Breath of the Wild) just fine. Either Game Freak doesn't have enough time to improve it, or they don't have the talent to do so and need some assistance.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Wasn’t Pokemon Arceus well received? Was that a different style of game than the classic formula Sword / Shield and Scarlet / Violet? Honestly I haven’t played a Pokemon game since Game Boy Advance, they seem repetitive and like too much work.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I didn't play Arceus (still might get it down the road), but yeah, it took an open world approach and made the focus on completing the Pokedex (it's set in the past). And it did received largely positive reviews (83 on MC), with, again, basically just the performance issues being criticized (various points of frame rate issues, outdated textures, etc.).

Scarlet/Violet seems to have taken the open world even further than Arceus (but with the traditional battle mechanics), but being unable to fix those issues in Arceus is making the performance issues more noticeable/prevalent than ever here. It's really the only thing I've seen mentioned negatively in reviews, it's just that those tech issues have gotten worse and more frequent than in Arceus which gamers/critics say were manageable.

The reviews read like they're actually the best entries in a long time in terms of gameplay, an actual "evolution" if you will for the series, but the frequent performance issues just keeps them from achieving that title. Many of the 7s they've gotten would easily be 8s and likely 9s for instance.

I'm still excited to play them with the hope some patches can improve any significant performance issues. But I won't expect as such because they're likely already working on the inevitable DLC and another game for 2023/2024... Just wish Game Freak/The Pokémon Company wasn't struggling and/or rushing things since SO MANY other big titles have little/no performances issues on the Switch while also achieving better graphics and worlds.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:51 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'm just gonna wait a few weeks and hope for a patch to fix the issues. Still pretty excited cause they look like exactly what I want out of the pokemon series on switch - one big wild area.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:25 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

They're probably be a little overblown too. I've seen people say they've had some issues but nothing extreme.

And I don't know if this is true, but a few are now saying that a "memory leak" appears to be a main cause. If you notice the game slowing down or being buggy often, then save and restart. That apparently fixes things until it acts up again.

I don't know much of this, but people are claiming a memory leak is a pretty simple issue to patch. So, if all true...hope that's the case. But seriously...how wasn't this caught and fixed before release if it's true? We'll see I suppose.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:45 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'm now reading that the gyms don't scale in level?? So the whole concept of the open world and making your own journey was all just a bunch of bullshit? Like sure, you can go right to the city with the ice gym, but those level 45 will stomp your level 13 team right back into oblivion. And if you wait till end game for the bug gym then its level 20 pokemon will present absolutely no challenge and sap the fun out of it.

What a mess. Yesterday I was complaining about this being like all the other unfinished games that get launched before they're ready. Today I'm wondering if this is actually Nintendo's Cyberpunk...

So I started up Horizon Forbidden West instead (finally!) to remove the temptation to buy it. And if the urge to catch them all becomes too great, maybe there will be a black friday sale to get Diamond/Pearl remake back down to $20 like it was earlier in the year. :hahaha:

Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:17 pm

Nintendo games are usually super polished. I am sure Nintendo is pissed with Game Freak

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:22 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pokémon S/V thoughts after 10 hours (just one gym badge so far, and no progress on the other two paths):

Spoiler tag just in case. I'm not spoiling anything that wouldn't be in an average review though.

Spoiler: show
Pros:
-Very fun. So far, I haven't had a moment of boredom or wanting to immediately go to the next destination. And this is ultimately the main thing. Not an excuse to ignore the problems I'll mention in the Cons, but if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be playing.

-Wild Pokémon are surprisingly active in the world. They're not just walking around aimlessly/lifeless. Some run away from you, while others run at you. And they are interactive with one another as well. Sometimes they take a nap under a tree, sometimes they go for a swim if a pond is nearby. They can travel between land/sea/sky in an area depending on their type (e.g. Magikarp can leave the water and splash around on land, pre-evolutions will sometimes gather around their evolved form if nearby). And more. SO... this has been a big highlight for me. It adds a LOT of life to the world, and the wild Pokémon are quite plentiful.

-The non-scaling. This will be mixed, most likely, but I like that each area from the wild Pokémon, the trainer battles, and what I presume will also be the gym leaders and other story-related battles, aren't being scaled for you like it's holding your hand along the way. I ventured into an area that was too high of level for me to really catch anything (without major challenges, not to mention they wouldn't listen to me even if I used them), and the trainer I challenged was nearly too much. This *can* limit where you explore, yeah, but it's not exactly stopping you either. It can be used if you want more of a challenge, for instance, and makes it feel more "organic" to me.

-Pokémon models are better than ever. Graphics are in the cons below, but that doesn't apply to the Pokémon models. They could have just brought over the older models, I suppose, but they did, at least, take the effort to make them look better here. Also, in the world, they look to be to scale. The Pokémon that are 1 foot or less really are in the wild, making them small/hard to spot sometimes. And I've seen some of the same Pokémon, when they're close to one another, differ a slightly in size, too, making it more "realistic."

-Tera raid battles are MUCH faster than the Dynamax raid battles in SW/SD. Unsure if I prefer the Tera forms over Dynamax forms (or Gigantamax forms) yet, but the additional typing adds another level of strategy. The competitive scene is going to be much more interesting since, I believe, any Pokémon can have any tera typing (I've seen 3 different tera typed Dunsparce for example).

-Quality of life changes. Optional trainer battles. I still battle everyone I see, but it's nice to have the option to choose when to challenge them. You don't need to go to a move tutor to remember moves, or worry about going back to a town or Pokémon center so much. And with the new TM crafting system, you can gain access to a more varied set of moves that might be unavailable for a long while. (You still need what look to be harder to obtain wild Pokémon fur, claws, etc., for the best TMs that are likely only found in higher leveled areas, but it's a good overall change. More options = better.)

-Day/night and weather system. Instead of matching your system's internal clock, the world moves between day/night cycles. I prefer this since if there are any Pokémon only out during different parts of the day, you just have to wait a short period for that to change versus actually playing when its that part of day in the real world. And the weather isn't fixed to a certain type for a day like in SW/SD. It rotates throughout the day, which, again, means that Pokémon that appear under certain weather conditions can be obtained in a single sitting versus waiting an unknown amount of real-life days for it to change in one area for that one Pokémon. It's a more natural way to do it. Your character also reacts to the weather (cowing, hunkering when a thunderstorm is happening, for example).

Cons:
-Performance issues (framerate drops being #1) aplenty. However, none of them have been game-breaking or horribly glitchy at least. But the camera moving inside the world if a battle is happening on an incline/cliff, etc. is glaring (even if it only occurs for a moment), big slowdown when many (a dozen or so) wild Pokémon are on screen is frustrating, and some of the text boxes are oddly placed. It does feel the game was released unfinished in order to make the holiday season, unfortunately. Patches, assuming they have any, can fix some of this, but I doubt they'll be able to (or willing to) fix the majority.

-Outdated graphics. Pokémon has always been behind the times here, and they don't affect the gameplay exactly, it just seems like they could do more by now. There are some areas that look "fine" (the trees sway, and the grass moves, so that's a plus now), but most of it always has me wondering why they couldn't have done a little more. Just a little!

And that's really it for the cons so far, but they are two BIG cons.

And in-between issue is the story so far. It's not bad, or good, but I'm very early in the game itself still since I just explore an area for hours to try and cover as much of it as possible to fill the Pokedex and train up the new Pokémon. I want to mention it though because I feel that once I progress some more, there's more potential here for one of the better stories in the series. We'll see. Not expecting some super-compelling story, obvious, but one that is interesting to follow (since there are three paths to complete at once) will be welcomed.

And I haven't played with online on yet to interact with other players in the open world. This will probably add to the performance issues, which has be a little concerned because I'm, overall, really enjoying it so far. But I know this is a big aspect of these games, so I'll enable it soon-ish and see if it changes anything. Because right now... I can largely ignore the performance issues.

That's a lot. :funny:

Short version: If you can largely get over the framerate drops and occasional minor glitches (from my experience) and outdated graphics, it's a very fun game I'd recommend right now to anyone who enjoys Pokémon. It seems like it could end up being the best in the entire series... it just runs poorly.

Nintendo and/or Game Freak aren't really known to release any significant patches outside of fixing game-breaking issues (or cheating methods), they don't really need to since they usually don't require them, so I don't know if waiting for a significant patch that fixes all the performance problems is a good idea if interest in playing them is there.

Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Corpse wrote:
Pokémon S/V thoughts after 10 hours (just one gym badge so far, and no progress on the other two paths):

Spoiler tag just in case. I'm not spoiling anything that wouldn't be in an average review though.

Pros:
-Very fun. So far, I haven't had a moment of boredom or wanting to immediately go to the next destination. And this is ultimately the main thing. Not an excuse to ignore the problems I'll mention in the Cons, but if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be playing.

-Wild Pokémon are surprisingly active in the world. They're not just walking around aimlessly/lifeless. Some run away from you, while others run at you. And they are interactive with one another as well. Sometimes they take a nap under a tree, sometimes they go for a swim if a pond is nearby. They can travel between land/sea/sky in an area depending on their type (e.g. Magikarp can leave the water and splash around on land, pre-evolutions will sometimes gather around their evolved form if nearby). And more. SO... this has been a big highlight for me. It adds a LOT of life to the world, and the wild Pokémon are quite plentiful.

-The non-scaling. This will be mixed, most likely, but I like that each area from the wild Pokémon, the trainer battles, and what I presume will also be the gym leaders and other story-related battles, aren't being scaled for you like it's holding your hand along the way. I ventured into an area that was too high of level for me to really catch anything (without major challenges, not to mention they wouldn't listen to me even if I used them), and the trainer I challenged was nearly too much. This *can* limit where you explore, yeah, but it's not exactly stopping you either. It can be used if you want more of a challenge, for instance, and makes it feel more "organic" to me.

-Pokémon models are better than ever. Graphics are in the cons below, but that doesn't apply to the Pokémon models. They could have just brought over the older models, I suppose, but they did, at least, take the effort to make them look better here. Also, in the world, they look to be to scale. The Pokémon that are 1 foot or less really are in the wild, making them small/hard to spot sometimes. And I've seen some of the same Pokémon, when they're close to one another, differ a slightly in size, too, making it more "realistic."

-Tera raid battles are MUCH faster than the Dynamax raid battles in SW/SD. Unsure if I prefer the Tera forms over Dynamax forms (or Gigantamax forms) yet, but the additional typing adds another level of strategy. The competitive scene is going to be much more interesting since, I believe, any Pokémon can have any tera typing (I've seen 3 different tera typed Dunsparce for example).

-Quality of life changes. Optional trainer battles. I still battle everyone I see, but it's nice to have the option to choose when to challenge them. You don't need to go to a move tutor to remember moves, or worry about going back to a town or Pokémon center so much. And with the new TM crafting system, you can gain access to a more varied set of moves that might be unavailable for a long while. (You still need what look to be harder to obtain wild Pokémon fur, claws, etc., for the best TMs that are likely only found in higher leveled areas, but it's a good overall change. More options = better.)

-Day/night and weather system. Instead of matching your system's internal clock, the world moves between day/night cycles. I prefer this since if there are any Pokémon only out during different parts of the day, you just have to wait a short period for that to change versus actually playing when its that part of day in the real world. And the weather isn't fixed to a certain type for a day like in SW/SD. It rotates throughout the day, which, again, means that Pokémon that appear under certain weather conditions can be obtained in a single sitting versus waiting an unknown amount of real-life days for it to change in one area for that one Pokémon. It's a more natural way to do it. Your character also reacts to the weather (cowing, hunkering when a thunderstorm is happening, for example).

Cons:
-Performance issues (framerate drops being #1) aplenty. However, none of them have been game-breaking or horribly glitchy at least. But the camera moving inside the world if a battle is happening on an incline/cliff, etc. is glaring (even if it only occurs for a moment), big slowdown when many (a dozen or so) wild Pokémon are on screen is frustrating, and some of the text boxes are oddly placed. It does feel the game was released unfinished in order to make the holiday season, unfortunately. Patches, assuming they have any, can fix some of this, but I doubt they'll be able to (or willing to) fix the majority.

-Outdated graphics. Pokémon has always been behind the times here, and they don't affect the gameplay exactly, it just seems like they could do more by now. There are some areas that look "fine" (the trees sway, and the grass moves, so that's a plus now), but most of it always has me wondering why they couldn't have done a little more. Just a little!

And that's really it for the cons so far, but they are two BIG cons.

And in-between issue is the story so far. It's not bad, or good, but I'm very early in the game itself still since I just explore an area for hours to try and cover as much of it as possible to fill the Pokedex and train up the new Pokémon. I want to mention it though because I feel that once I progress some more, there's more potential here for one of the better stories in the series. We'll see. Not expecting some super-compelling story, obvious, but one that is interesting to follow (since there are three paths to complete at once) will be welcomed.

And I haven't played with online on yet to interact with other players in the open world. This will probably add to the performance issues, which has be a little concerned because I'm, overall, really enjoying it so far. But I know this is a big aspect of these games, so I'll enable it soon-ish and see if it changes anything. Because right now... I can largely ignore the performance issues.

That's a lot. :funny:

Short version: If you can largely get over the framerate drops and occasional minor glitches (from my experience) and outdated graphics, it's a very fun game I'd recommend right now to anyone who enjoys Pokémon. It seems like it could end up being the best in the entire series... it just runs poorly.

Nintendo and/or Game Freak aren't really known to release any significant patches outside of fixing game-breaking issues (or cheating methods), they don't really need to since they usually don't require them, so I don't know if waiting for a significant patch that fixes all the performance problems is a good idea if interest in playing them is there.

What a review... :noway: Whatever you write, you always deliver quality... :noway:

Short version: wow :shock:

Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I just wanted to anyone reading it to know that the worst reactions online aren't really founded and are *probably* getting too much attention (like the user review bombing on MC). I mean, I think it ultimately comes down to one's tolerance to framerate drops and outdated graphics though. And while I'm not discounting any game crashes or major glitches that some have reported (and gone viral), neither I nor my husband have encountered anything like that yet.

On the other hand, the response to some of these issues have turned "positive" in a sense of getting a laugh. I don't think many have responded to them with anger or true regret of buying the game or anything.

But it's weird. I don't want people to hold off or even skip these games because, personally (and the husband agrees), they're a lot of fun and have finally taken Pokémon in the direction many have been wanting for years. However, at the same time, maybe a *little* bit (or enough) of gamer complaints could reach Nintendo/Pokémon Company/Game Freak and they really do put in the effort to fix many of the performance issues here, and then do their best to avoid it next time.

It's like... thank you for this REALLY fun game, I'm glad you have "evolved" after so long... BUT FIX THE FRAMERATE AND HIRE BETTER TEXTURE ARTISTS! I'm closer and closer to joining the "best Pokémon games if it they were polished" camp.

I'll put the next part in spoilers again since it's an expansion (playing in a group) on my early review above:

So, my husband and I formed a group (just the two of us) so we could play together in the same world. Neither of us experienced any issues that we hadn't playing solo (framerate being the prevelant problem as before).

If you view the map, you can see where one another currently is, which is cool. And you can set a marker to guide you to them if they found a cool TM or item. The map/world is quite large. I saw someone post online that it takes around 40 minutes to walk from one end to the other, and another say it's ~15x the size of the wild area in SW/SD.

The day/night cycle and weather seems to be set to the person who started the group. But as I mentioned before, this isn't linked to your system's clock or anything now, so it rotates in a relatively short amount of time. (I'm guessing a 24 hour cycle, morning to day to night (and any in-between parts), takes ~30 mins in game maybe?)

The wild Pokémon spawns seem to be independent (what I saw wasn't always what he saw), but I'm not 100% sure that's how it works. And version exclusives seem to crossover into the other's game because I caught a Misdreavus which isn't in my version (Scarlet). So that's a really cool feature. If players with both versions are playing together, maybe it creates a sort of "hybrid" space where exclusives can be found in either version while playing. Lastly, the Tera Raid crystals (like the Dynamax dens in SW/SD) are specific to the player. Mine were mine, and his were his, both existing in the same world. I couldn't just go and solo any of his and vice-versa, they remain solo only if they are yours or invite only.

So it gives the games an MMORPG feel when in a group. And I believe connecting to the online server allows all sorts of players in a region/worldwide to see and interact with one another. I'm going to try this later today to see if that's where some of the bigger performance issue complains are coming from.

Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:12 pm
Profile WWW

I also maintained that graphics as a standard of quality is overrated and tend to make hollow games that look nice, but frame rate can be annoying.

Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:14 am
The Kramer

I usually play on performance mode for ps5 games. The 60 frames per second makes a bigger difference to me than 4k ultra hd.

But its good to know the games are still very fun. I'll stick to my plan of getting Scarlet once a patch or two is out. There's plenty to play while waiting.

Though I confess myself a little disappointed at these weak black friday deals. Dying Light 2 would be $20 by now in previous years, now all I see is $30 ... for the ps4 version. Cult of the Lamb is only 25% off on the digital store too. Cmon! :P

Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't seen any deals worth it, really. I either have the game(s) already, or just not really interested. But that's fine. Lots to play still.

I still need a new Switch Pro Controller, but I haven't spotted any sales on them. I don't think I've ever seen a sale, and if I have, they'd only been marked down like $10. And paying $60-70 for a controller just never sits right with me... I'll hold out as long as my original continues to last.

I'll also need a new SD card soon, and there are some good deals on them, but I also think they've gradually gone down in price in recent years. ~$20 (256gb) and ~$30 (528gb) seems like the standard pricing now, so getting them for about $5 off right now is "nice" but also kind of skippable, really.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:35 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I got mine for $50 at some point but I've never seen it go lower.

Downloaded Vampire Survivors on Game Pass and am highly addicted. I said "just one more run" to myself about seven times last night. Aloy is giving me a judgy girlfriend look but I swear I can play Horizon too. :funny:

Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'd bite at $50. Highly doubt it'd ever go below that mark, and as you said, you've never seen it lower. But I've never seen it at $50 myself.

Marvel's Midnight Suns is receiving good/great reviews. I'll admit I'm a little surprised. Not sure when I'll get it though. It'll probably be marked down by the time I get to it.

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Looks like Gamefreak is releasing a patch for Scarlet/Violet next week. Lemme know if/how much the performance issues change.

Horizon has been good so far. As I feared, the constant dynamic and thrilling action of Elden Ring has taken the luster out of running around a map, checking boxes. But the core combat and story missions have been fantastic. Taking down a giant robot dinosaur with a bow n arrow will never get old.

Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

There was a patch a few days ago, but it wasn't to address the performance issues (fixed a duplication cheat and some music bug). However, Nintendo did say they were aware of the problems, so there is that. It's uncommon for acknowledgement of such issues, so I'll take this as a good sign.

And really, if the performance issues are largely fixed (namely framerate), there's little doubt these will be considered the best Pokémon games yet. Some, maybe even myself, already consider them as such. I'm 70 hours in now and just wrapped up the second of the three story paths (looks like they'll converge for a final part too). And I'm up to the final exam in all my classes at the academy. Pokedex is up to 338 caught, 368 seen.

The gameplay breaks free of the old Pokémon formula and delivers a satisfying result. There's almost always something to find or new to catch in the open world, and it's generally fun to explore (just a few boring/empty parts). The new Pokémon designs are very good. The music is among the best, easily. The story is arguably the best (Gen 5, Black/White being the main competition here). The supporting characters (three main ones) are the best in the series by far. I was actually hoping they'd have voice actors, which is something I don't really care about in Pokémon, so that says something.. They excel at everything, it's just brought down by the performance issues (although some can be pretty fun/funny). They're not nearly bad enough to make me think negatively (no crashes or crazy glitches), but I can understand where some players are annoyed.

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hades 2!!!!!!

I was hoping for DLC but this is so much better!

Also, lets go Elden Ring!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:22 pm

So I decided to go with Splatoon 3 based off your praise of the game Corpse.

Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:23 pm
The Kramer

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
So I decided to go with Splatoon 3 based off your praise of the game Corpse.
Good choice. It won Best Multiplayer Game!

Yay for Elden Ring!

Good show. Lots of good previews shown.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:04 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hades 2 is an insane announcement! Easily up there as a personal all-time most anticipated game. I'll have to get a new pro controller just for it.

It's going to be perfect, no doubt. It can just copy/paste the first and be amazing, but you know they'll build upon it with amazing additions.

And perfect time to get Splatoon 3, DIB! The first ever Big Run is this weekend. Might be quite the intro into the game for a new player, but better to enjoy it now vs waiting two months (Assuming Splat Fest and Big Run alternate months).

Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:07 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Playstation wrap-up!

21 games played

1. Elden Ring - 230 hours (40%)
2. WWE 2K22 - 93 hours
3. Modern Warfare - 51
4. Modern Warfare 2 - 44
5. Overwatch 2 - 29

No surprise at Elden Ring domination. As usual, I'm kind of shocked at how much I played the online games though. A large amount of that must be time spent in the menus lol. Then again, my other favorite PS exclusive of the year Stray was very short and I'm still in the early goings of Horizon or it would at least have knocked out one of the shooters. Oh and Cyberpunk would have been up there too if I hadn't foolishly bought it the week before Elden Ring eclipsed the rest of the gaming world. I'll have to get back to that one day cause it was pretty cool now that they fixed it.

Xbox doesn't send out recaps, but a little bit of digging shows -

1. Vampire Survivors - 24 hours
2. Death's Door - 19 hours
3. Halo Infinite - 10.5
4. Bug Fables - 7
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - 4

Edit* - Nintendo recaps are out too!

1. Splatoon 3 - 63 hours
2. Astral Chain - 10 hours
3. SNES Classic - 8
4. Civ 6 - 4
5. Smash Ultimate - 3

Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 91  Next