Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Rank streaming services 

Which streaming service would you bring to desert island?
AppleTV 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Amazon Prime 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Disney+ 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
HBO Max 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Hulu 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Netflix 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paramount+ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Peacock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Rank streaming services 
Devil's Advocate

Post Rank streaming services
According to which has the best original content between Amazon Prime, AppleTV, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, Paramount+, Peacock

If you haven't seen anything from one then just put it at the bottom or rate by level of interest

Sun May 29, 2022 2:59 am
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Rank streaming services
1. AppleTV
2. HBO Max
3. Amazon
4. Disney+
5. Hulu
6-8. Netflix, Peacock, Paramount+

Apple has more shows I care about than the rest combined (Severance, Servant, Foundation, The Afterparty, Mythic Quest, even some I see obvious flaws in like The Morning Show, For All Mankind or Ted Lasso I still kind of like) 2-5 have at least one decent show. HBO Max: Hacks, Amazon: The Boys, Disney: The Mandalorian, Hulu: Only Murders in the Building, edge to HBO Max since I started Raised by Wolves and it's pretty interesting so far. Netflix I remain a hater of their original content quality, Paramount I only tried Halo and it was BAD, and Peacock also did nothing for me on the ones I tried.

Sun May 29, 2022 4:40 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

The best is HBO Max without question due to their library content though I watch a fair number of their originals.

Hulu has been great in the original content game this year. I hate their interface but programming has been fantastic.

Netflix is quantity over quality a lot of the time but I do love some of their flagship shows like Stranger Things.

Apple I feel like if you get hooked on a show it's at least consistently good. So many of their programs fly completely under the radar though.

Amazon I'll find an original here and there I enjoy.

Peacock has Girls 5Eva, One of Us Is Lying and I also used it to binge Angelyne and Thing About Pam recently. Also it was home to the fantastic Saved By The Bell reboot (RIP). They'll also be carrying Love Island US soon which is a guilty pleasure.

Disney+ I've only used for the Marvel shows and of those I only really found Hawkeye and WandaVision enjoyable.

Have yet to find an original on Paramount+ that I enjoy and have stuck with.

Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Profile YIM
Hold the door!

1. Disney Plus
2. HBO Max
3. Netflix
4. Amazon Prime
5. Hulu
6. Peacock
7. AppleTV
8. Paramount+

I'm a movie, not shows watcher, so the appeal of streaming services for me is the movie back catalogue.

Mon May 30, 2022 10:45 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

1. Disney+
2. Funimation
3. HBO Max
4. Amazon Prime

That's it for monthly services. When a show comes out (Stranger Things on Netflix, for example, but I'm waiting until S4P2 is released first), I'll do a one month deal then drop it until something else comes out I'm interested in.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon May 30, 2022 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

1. HBO
2. Disney

-These two are basically tied for me. They provide a must-watch original every few months as well as having awesome catalogs of both older and newer movies. I'll give HBO the edge since there's more variety, but I think both are must-haves.

3. Netflix
4. Peacock

-Netflix has lost its way, and I only sub for 1-2 months per year, but there's no denying they still make tons of interesting content. Peacock has been the surprise of the century. It started off so badly, but since has really improved. The ad breaks are not as frequent and you can rewind live programming. I mostly just use it for wrestling and Superstore, but Killing It was awesome and Girls5Eva/Macgruber are very enjoyable as well.

5. Amazon
6. Apple
7. Hulu

Amazon and Apple both have great originals like The Boys and Ted Lasso ... but neither makes any dent for me when those shows aren't on. Hulu looked like a major winner right after Disney bought it. And they still do very well with getting new movies and third party shows very quickly ... But the increase in ads time has made the streamer borderline unwatchable. They have several ad breaks during movies now, and on tv shows its seriously like every 3-5 minutes, even worse than normal tv. So they drop all the way to the bottom.

8. Paramount

-I only use to watch live CBS during football season. The Halo show had me interested until I saw that the creators deliberately avoided playing the games before they made it ... Like why are you even making a Halo show then? The internet has been savage towards it and I can't blame them.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:14 pm
The Kramer

Peacock is getting The Northman on Friday! Free is the exact right price for that movie and The Cock just continues to slowly move its way up to tier 1 with HBO and Disney.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:34 pm
Romosexual!

Disney+
HBO Max

Apple TV+
Netflix

Paramount+
Amazon

4- Hulu
Peacock

5- Discovery+

Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:
1. AppleTV
2. HBO Max
3. Amazon
4. Disney+
5. Hulu

HBO Max is cancelling stuff and Disney dropped Obi Wan so I'm updating my rankings

1. AppleTV
2. Disney+
3. HBO Max
4. Amazon
5. Hulu

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:57 am
The Kramer

Was dropping Obi Wan a good thing though? I feel like the hype for the show was a lot greater than the reactions.

I watched Bridesmaids on hulu last night and there were no commercials after the opening bunch. So Hulu is temporarily out of the doghouse for me and I'll move it back into Tier 2.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

I forgot Harley Quinn is on HBO Max now, so that would make it 2nd again, though since it didn't start there I guess it deserves less credit for it.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:42 pm

HBO Max has the best library, but I like Disney Plus’s format best.

Paramount Plus is easily the worst of the big names

Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:26 pm
Devil's Advocate

AMC+ might want a seat at the table as they put a somewhat promising project in Moonhaven (sci-fi with some actors like Dominic Monaghan and Joe Mangianiello) exclusively on there instead of the main channel and renewed for season 2, and announced a new Orphan Black show with Krysten Ritter. I watched some of the first episode of Moonhaven and it wasn't great, but not bad either, better than Peacock and Paramount shows I've seen so far.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:30 pm
now we know

They all have good individual shows, but HBO Max has consistently great content.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:46 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

One thing I've noticed in my bi-annual Netflix montly binge - their 4k video quality is still alot better than the competition. Both Obi Wan on Disney and The Boys on Amazon often got kinda grainy during night scenes to the point where I thought my tv was breaking down. Stranger Things looks perfectly crisp no matter the lighting though.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Peacock can't even make a vacation resort murder mystery with Cristin Milioti, William Jackson Harper and Nick Offerman work... Just quit

Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]