Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
No surprise at the Pokemon remakes being released in November. Very cool looking covers too.

Legends being in January is very surprising though. That game didn’t look anywhere near ready when they showed it off earlier in the year. And Nintendo has never released a big switch game in January. Hoping for the best though, if Pokemon could get an upgrade akin to Breath of the Wild, Odyseey or even Three Houses I’d be one happy switch owner.

Wed May 26, 2021 1:47 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The January release is unusual. They're missing Christmas (which could be explained by wanting to give enough time for development, etc.), and purposefully avoiding a Spring release. Nintendo rarely rushes release dates, so I'm going to assume it'll be ready by then, otherwise I don't know why not just go for December instead. Maybe they want the big Spring (March/April) 2022 release to be Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4, Splatoon 3, or maybe something unannounced.

Also, the rumors and speculation that have been surrounding a Switch Pro/New Switch seem close to becoming reality as another mention of it was in Bloomberg this morning, citing a planned release date in September or October. Assuming this is true, and Nintendo announces it at E3 in a few weeks, Legends will probably be recommended to be played on it (as well as Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4, etc.), and was *hopefully* developed at least partially on it.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu May 27, 2021 11:31 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

They will need to have something bigger than the Pokemon remakes to launch with Switch 2. I’m thinking it is ... Grand Theft Auto 5. 100% serious about that and honestly have no problem with it.

Dying Light and Horizon Forbidden West look great! Hope they meet their 2021 release dates.

Fri May 28, 2021 4:23 am
The Kramer

Resident Evil rankings (from someone who played 7 first)

4 - A+
2 Remake - A+
Village - A
Biohazard - A
3 Remake - B+

I've never completed 1 because I can't get past the controls. I'm gonna give it another go at some point though. 5 is next up on my list, and I might even give 6 a try too!

Village was definitely worthy of the hype though. Yeah there was a lot more action, the Call of Duty comparisons are not totally unfair, but it is still scary as fuck. I'm doing an overpowered knife run right now and still getting terrified at shit that I know is coming up. It has constant tension in a diverse open world and does such a strong job of making you feel like a badass for two seconds when you overcome a new enemy only to watch something even bigger come along and put Ethan right back in his place. It sets a high bar for 2021 game of the year contenders.

Sun May 30, 2021 5:23 pm
The Kramer

Elden Ring is real and looks great!!

Maybe all our dreams of the Winds of Winters can be realized after all. :hahaha:

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Looking forward to Elden Ring. Bamco can be hit or miss in terms of gameplay, but their presentation is typically on point.

E3 begins tomorrow! Hope we get a lot of exciting announcements (with release dates!). Mostly interested in Nintendo, of course, so them having their direct on the last day (15th) is frustrating.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yay E3! It’s too bad Sony doesn’t participate anymore, but we should still get alot of good stuff.

I bought Returnal at full price last week when I was feeling good about stonks (unlike now.) I love the gameplay, but I really wish there was more permanent progression. Even the incremental stat upgrades (damage +.01%) of similar games give me something to work for. With Returnal I can play for an hour, boost my health up high and get a +4 weapon, and then get killed by something random and I just sit there feeling like I wasted all that time. I guess I’m just spoiled by Hades, which I got for three times cheaper and never felt like a run was wasted since you at least get new divine encounters every time along with keeping the darkness currency.

Though I fully get why they priced it at $70. If they priced it like a budget game people would look at as a budget game instead of a Sony blockbuster.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I would love an eventual sequel to Hades where you ascend Mount Olympus, and the underworld characters bestow blessings and such upon you. There are still a number of underworld gods and goddesses (and characters in general) they could add too. There's a whole host of enemies and bosses they could use.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mario + Rabbids sequel! Sort of gave up on one (for Switch at least) since it's been a decent while. Trailer and gameplay footage looks great, definitely expanding on the original.

The first game, along with its DLC, often goes on a huge sale whenever Ubisoft has a sale (like, every month), so if there's ever a time between big game releases where you're looking for something to play, I'd easily recommend it. It's fallen out of my Top 10 Switch games due to how many great games there are, but it's a very fun game.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I've almost bought Rabbids a hundred times but still haven't. One day!

Devolver is releasing one of their new Switch games only physically, no digital downloads for those millenials! :funny: :funny: I dunno if I will get it, but I love how goofy this developer is. And they do release great games to back up their ridiculous "press conferences", like Fall Guys and Carrion last year.

Xbox conference soon! Nice to once again feel a part of it instead of kinda/sorta rooting against them. :P

Also, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is out! Very excited to play it, but also still have to finish the platinum on Village (damn this Mercenaries mode! I have every other trophy lol) and need to at least beat the first boss in Returnal so Housemarque doesn't think I'm complaining about their game because I'm a big puss. So many games! PS5 was quiet for a few months this year but now we are fully rolling.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Speaking of Fall Guys... It was "indefintely delayed" for Xbox/Switch release several weeks ago from its planned Summer timeframe. Ugh.

My guess is trying to make it cross-platform playable, and yes COVID has slowed progress for everyone, but... It's a pretty "simple" game and they've had over a year and a half now to port it. Unless it's some holdup with company execs at Microsoft and/or Nintendo to make it cross-platform, it's hard to believe it's actual development issues.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Cool things:

-Forza Horizon 5! I was very surprised by how much I liked the opened world racer with 4, and this one looks even bigger … with jungles!

-If Starfield actually releases next year it’ll justify my Series S purchase all by itself!

-Hades coming to Game Pass and PS5. I dunno if I’ll double dip since I prefer having my indie games on switch, but it is cool that so many new people will get to experience the 2020 game of the year.

-Halo looks alright, but I’m still two games behind in the story

-Diablo 2 remaster in September, and on Switch! I’ve never played it. Got into the series with 3.

-Party Animals looks like a total Fall Guys ripoff , but at the price of free that might not be a bad thing

-Flight Sim next month! Not my usual type of game but it looks so beautiful

A solid presser overall. Xbox has lagged so far behind PS and Switch in exclusives but they are finally catching up.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wasn't really excited about anything showcased for Xbox. Redfall was probably the most exciting for me, but it's roughly a year (or more) away still. Although... I couldn't really tell if it's an action-shooter adventure-like game, or if it's an online multiplier game perhaps similar to Overwatch and such. Any ideas?

And a year and a half, minimum, for Starfield too. I don't really own an Xbox for the big exclusives really though, so I wasn't exactly expecting anything especially exciting (for me, of course). Now, if they announce Elder Scrolls VI in the near future, it'll be a different story. But I'd bet my Xbox that Skyrim gets ported to this generation before that happens. It can join GTAV by appearing on 3 different generations of consoles before the next installment is even announced...

And nice to see Hades being released on more platforms, too. I've been played it a good bit again lately, and I'm still discovering new things after well over 100 hours. (Don't know how many hours I've played exactly, because my second Switch isn't keeping track of my playtime after I transferred the save data...) I just did a run earlier and encountered a new chamber to battle Lernie in (a lot harder) AND new looks and attacks for Theseus and the Minotaur (Theseus was hilarious). I'm guessing now that Hades also has either a different chamber to battle in or a different look/more difficult attack style.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The vibe I got from Redfall was a Left 4 Dead style co-op online shooter, but the studio is known for single player games like Dishonoured so it’s tough to say. They also have Deathloop coming this year which looks pretty good, but it’s gonna be a Sony exclusive for a year (made the deal before Microsoft bought Bethesda) and I’ll probably just wait for it to hit Gamepass.

Are you talking about the extreme versions of the bossfights like when you battle all 3 sisters at once or Lernie is in the center lava?

Capcom revealed a whole lot of nothing. Where dat Dino Crisis at?? :funny:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The vibe I got from Redfall was a Left 4 Dead style co-op online shooter, but the studio is known for single player games like Dishonoured so it’s tough to say. They also have Deathloop coming this year which looks pretty good, but it’s gonna be a Sony exclusive for a year (made the deal before Microsoft bought Bethesda) and I’ll probably just wait for it to hit Gamepass.

Are you talking about the extreme versions of the bossfights like when you battle all 3 sisters at once or Lernie is in the center lava?

Capcom revealed a whole lot of nothing. Where dat Dino Crisis at?? :funny:

I'll keep an eye on Redfall. Chances are I won't be interested once more is revealed, but the trailer piqued my interest.

Yes, the extreme measures. I never selected rank 2 or higher, so got caught off with Lernie's new chamber and (spoiler since you didn't mention it)
Spoiler: show
Theseus's over-the-top chariot mounted with machine guns. Not to mention his fabulous face mask. :lol:

I'm trying to beat it with 16 heat, but just can't quite manage it (yet). Either I get an awful "build" going (I use the pact that limits the boon options/upgrades to 2, and I swear the best ones are always eliminated...) and wind up dying in Elysium early on, or I get to Hades too low on health/defiances. Eventually. If the next one is 32... I don't even know.

Also rooting for Zagreus to be announced for Smash tomorrow! Chances are likely 0.1%, but Smash can surprise. (Joker, Terry Bogard.)

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Corpse wrote:
Mario + Rabbids sequel! Sort of gave up on one (for Switch at least) since it's been a decent while. Trailer and gameplay footage looks great, definitely expanding on the original.

The first game, along with its DLC, often goes on a huge sale whenever Ubisoft has a sale (like, every month), so if there's ever a time between big game releases where you're looking for something to play, I'd easily recommend it. It's fallen out of my Top 10 Switch games due to how many great games there are, but it's a very fun game.

I’d be curious to hear what your list is. I recently bought a Switch (first console I’ve owned since Gamecube!), mostly for Breath of the Wild, also got Mario Odyssey. I considered getting Hades based on raves here, but also read it’s a high difficulty game, and honestly I don’t have the skill or patience for really hard games (same reason I’ll probably avoid Celeste despite a friend’s emphatic recommendation).

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:32 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I would certainly say Hades is difficult early on, but that gradually becomes more of a fun challenge rather than being truly difficult after awhile. But the writing is so good, it's really a pleasure to still die a lot. (Without accounting for the in-game system to purposefully make it more difficult for those wanting that.) I haven't played Celeste, but I believe Flava'd has, so he might have something to share on it.

I'm going to make 2 lists since one does include several ports/definitive editions. The Switch has a great library of current games, but as you probably know, it also has a ton of ports/remakes/definitive edition games from past generations that you (or others) have possibly played before and may not be interested in buying again:

With ports:
01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
02. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
03. Hades
04. Splatoon 2
05. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
06. Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
07. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
08. Super Mario Odyssey
09. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Without ports:
01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
02. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
03. Hades
04. Splatoon 2
05. Super Mario Odyssey
06. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
07. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
08. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
09. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
10. New Pokémon Snap or Luigi's Mansion 3

And I'll add that regarding the ports/remakes/definitive editions, etc., that if you haven't played any of them on the list (or any others not on my list) and are interested in playing them for the first time, then definitely go for them since I haven't really played one yet that doesn't make noticeable improvements over the original except for Super Mario 3D All-Stars (besides a slight graphical upgrade for Super Mario 64, it's as bareboned of a port as you can get really).

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And about Super Mario Odyssey being "low" on my list (since it's always in everyone's Top 3/5, if not #1).

I do think it's the most perfect Super Mario game (easy 10/10), but not at the same time. The only real reason I don't rank it as higher, besides liking the other games above it more, is that I still consider Galaxy/Galaxy 2 to be the very best among Super Mario titles. I didn't find Odyssey to be quite as ambitious and genre-defining as those games, and essentially matched the bar set by them, not raising it higher. Which is perfectly fine as the bar is already immensely high and perhaps can't go higher right now, and Odyssey basically takes a bit of everything from past games and fine tunes those elements.

Odyssey is sort of the culmination of everything that's great about the 3D Super Mario games.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Celeste :wub2:

But yeah it gets pretty tough in the final few levels.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm
The Kramer

Another day another disappointment for Smash community. :hahaha:

Good presser though. Metroid Dread was a nice surprise. Mario Party Superstars is a little skimpy with only 5 boards, but it should please the fans. People have been calling for an Advanced Wars remake for years. Warioware will make a lot of people happy!

And of course , Breath of the Sky Wilds looks like it will be a huge winner.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm
The Kramer

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Hmm my top ten games I’ve played on Switch would be:

1. Hades
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Mario Kart 8 DX
5. Slay the Spire
6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
7. Smash Bros Ultimate
8. Hollow Knight
9. Diablo 3 - old but my fav system to play it on
10. Splatoon 2
My list from awhile back. I bought Celeste on playstation (#16 on the ultra-stacked ps4 list). so didn’t count it here. Slay the Spire and Hollow Knight also in the above average difficulty range. If we take out the two ports I’d replace them with Children of Morta (tough!) and Carrion (toughish.) love Ring Fit Adventure too but not sure if it counts as a real game.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Perfect time to get a Switch, Steve! Just got an email about a lot of sales this week in the eShop for E3. Except for the big first party exclusives, which are 30% off, nearly every other game on sale is 50% off or more.

Many of the first party exclusives (Zelda, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, etc.) are $41.99. Mentioning these since Nintendo's big first party games almost never go any lower (you might see them for $39.99 around Black Friday), so something to consider.

Mario + Rabbids is only $10. This game goes on sale a lot (since Ubisoft has almost constant sales), but I haven't seen it at $10 before. Serious steal here, and recommend it as always, but especially at $10! You can also get the Gold Edition (base game plus all the DLC included) for only $14.99!

Hades is marked down to $17.49! You may find it difficult, but if the interest is there, perfect time to buy it. Sometimes it's on sale for $19.99 though if you wanted to hold off, but I haven't seen it as low as $17.49 before.

And any DLC for a game that's on sale right now is also discounted. Most of them are $5-10 off.

Just remember that the Switch doesn't have a lot of internal storage, so you can't really go too happy with the digital games without purchasing an SD card (which are relatively cheap now). The major retailers (Walmart, Target, Amazon, GameStop, and Best Buy) are having a great combo deal on the 128GB SD card (FREE!!) if you buy a 12-month online family membership for $34.99. The 128GB SD card is usually $25/30, so you get it and a year of online membership for you (and anyone else on your account) for just $5.

Unless you're a big gamer, or almost exclusively buy digital games, the 128GB card will probably be all you need (at least for a LONG time). I mostly buy physical, but I've bought a lot of DLC and several digital games when they go on sale (like this week), and I haven't filled mine yet (it's like 80/85% full right now).

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

A little mixed on the Nintendo E3 direct.

Breath of the Wild 2 is looking amazing, obviously. 2022 though, and probably Summer 2022 at the very earliest. Don't mind waiting exactly, but there isn't a big game this Fall/Winter that I'm really excited for.

Mario Party Superstars left me frustrated. I would have just preferred a collection or something of the three N64 games. What they showed is just a remake of Mario Party 1 with online play and 30/40 more minigames. And I already play the older Mario Party games at least once every other year or so. Definitely not a "superstars" entry by any means. I don't understand why they couldn't have just included one board and X amount of minigames from each of the past games, or something similar, instead if they were going the remake route over new game one. I'm honestly going to skip this unless some cheap (preferably free) DLC of other boards/minigames is announced prior to release.

Metroid Dread looks really nice. Big surprise there. I don't know if there's $60 of a game here, but I'll probably buy it to have something new to play this Fall/Winter.

Might buy the Advance Wars 1+2 remake. I only played them by borrowing a friend's copy back in the day, so they're mostly fresh. But again, hope they don't carry the $60 price tag. But they will.

In all honesty, excluding Zelda since it's still awhile away, I think I'm most excited for Shin Megami Tensei V. November release date is nice. I haven't played all the games in the series, but the few I have played I've enjoyed, and that includes their spin-off (or inspired?) Devil Survivor series on the DS/3DS.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Metroid Dread is already up for $60 pre-order. Will it have $60 of value? Maybe, maybe not, but with Nintendo you can always just sell it back to gamestop for $30-40 if you don't wanna keep it. First party switch games always hold their value. So, if October is light on PS5 games and my backlog is clear of things like Snap and Valhalla, I'll for sure pick up Dread.

I was thinking Advanced Wars would be $40, but you're probably right. They will sell it for $60 and people will pay lol.

Returnal update: I beat the first boss, Phryke, who was a son of a bitch. I entered into the second biome and almost immediately got my ass kicked. BUT! Now I don't need to fight the boss anymore (though I can if I want some more revenge for all the times he beat me), I can advance into the next area just by finding the now unlocked Crimson Gate. This has completely saved the game for me. Not because I was afraid of fighting Phryke everytime (though that would've sucked), but because I can now relax and just focus on exploring the world instead of obsessing over stats. I had a run where I was just messing around last night and happened upon an insanely good new artifact which let me increase my health at a 33% discount. My health pool ballooned throughout the second biome, and even though I was still getting my ass kicked I always bounced back. This stretched all the way through and with my big ass health bar and two resurrection items I was able to take down the second boss on my first try. What exhileration there was! Now I can keep going through Biome 3 without stat stressing at all. This simple thing has raised my score from a 6.5 to an 8 all by itself, and it could go up even more!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pretty impressive lineup, especially for its 5th year in release. A little padded with remakes/ports this year, but there are also plenty of new games too. And 2022 is has potential to be a pretty massive year for major first-party games, with entries for Zelda, Pokémon, Metroid, and Splatoon, if they all make it. And they probably have a new mainline Mario and/or Mario Kart game in development that could also be ready for Fall/Winter 2022. And Bayonetta 3, as usual, remains a possibility for 2022.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 91  Next