Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Defeats all expectations

Post Re: Democracy 2020 (President Biden, Vice Pres Harris)
Cynosure wrote:
I'm afraid the EU will not do anything. They've just signed a trade deal with China. That's one of the many reasons Trump treating both China and the EU as enemies was a disaster, it pushed the EU in the arms of China.

True. Trump has made it easy for China to acquire Europe's technology for its police state and manufacture hub. It will not take long for the EU to depend on China's investment and market access for survival. The EU should know better. It is not too late to walk back on the trade deal though.

For Trump, an experienced propagandist, his endless praise of Despot Xi in his first three years in office baffled me. Why did he hand China a gift in the messaging contest?

China right now is going around the world doing vaccine diplomacy (It has produced a vaccine with a miserable 51% efficacy rate). The US should get ahead and make nice with Europe and our South American neighbors.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:51 pm
Defeats all expectations

The Senate has passed its Covid relief bill. 50 Democrats voted YES. 49 Republicans voted NO. The bill is expected to be voted on by the House and then signed by Biden.

- $1,400 stimulus checks
- extension of $300 increase to unemployment assistance through September 6
- $3,600 refundable Child Tax Credit to each child under 6, $3,000 to child aged 6-17 (current credit is $2,000 per child under 17)
- $130 billion to K-12 schools to help students get back to the classroom

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics/stimulus-senate-democrats-proposal/index.html

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:20 pm
The Kramer

Hope all the Pubs out there are planning to Live That Life and rip up their $1400 government handout checks.

Glad it got past them though. I don’t think the stimulus checks make a big difference, but the unemployment boost is a life saver. Will help keep people on their feet until The Good Times return (if they ever do.)

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

Just think they shouldn't need to add 1.5 trillion of other stuff to get maybe 400 billion of stimulus cheques out. If it was 1.9 trillion to the people with everyone getting $5000, sure

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Roy Blunt isn't running for reelection in 2022. He's the 5th GOP Senator now to announce they're not running again.

Ron Johnson has been rumored to not be seeking reelection, so he could be the sixth. And it's been speculated that Chuck Grassley may retire as well given his age. So currently as many as 7 GOP Senators may not seek reelection in 2022.

Personally, I think McConnell will convince Johnson to stick around. Grassley will be 90, but Feinstein has apparently announced plans to run again in 2024 and she'll be 91, so...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Shack wrote:
Just think they shouldn't need to add 1.5 trillion of other stuff to get maybe 400 billion of stimulus cheques out. If it was 1.9 trillion to the people with everyone getting $5000, sure

You forgot to count unemployment assistance and tax credit for children. Those are direct payments too.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:52 pm
Defeats all expectations

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Shack wrote:
Good thing for the filibuster and Manchin and Sinema holding the line stopping this bill forcing nation wide California style elections of mail in voting/no voter ID/unlimited ballot harvesting/etc. (isn't it in the constitution that elections are supposed to be by state? I guess the Supreme Court could get rid of it too) and it being illegal to question the results after. The Democrats unlimited thirst for power and likely desire to make it a one party state is being held in check by two people on their side.
Yup, people actually voting is the biggest threat to democracy!

#RepublicanLogic

People voting might be a threat to Republicans.

Our federal election day is on a work day. Why are Republicans so keen on shortening voting hours in Iowa? They don't want working people to vote?

Republicans wrote the mail voting law in Georgia. Now they tried to repeal it because more people voted and the results were not in their favor.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:17 pm
The Dark Knight

i.hope wrote:
Cynosure wrote:
I'm afraid the EU will not do anything. They've just signed a trade deal with China. That's one of the many reasons Trump treating both China and the EU as enemies was a disaster, it pushed the EU in the arms of China.

True. Trump has made it easy for China to acquire Europe's technology for its police state and manufacture hub. It will not take long for the EU to depend on China's investment and market access for survival. The EU should know better. It is not too late to walk back on the trade deal though.

For Trump, an experienced propagandist, his endless praise of Despot Xi in his first three years in office baffled me. Why did he hand China a gift in the messaging contest?

China right now is going around the world doing vaccine diplomacy (It has produced a vaccine with a miserable 51% efficacy rate). The US should get ahead and make nice with Europe and our South American neighbors.

They should...but Trump put up an export ban in December and as of today Biden has yet to abolish it, even for the AstraZeneca vaccine which the FDA hasn't approved.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/06/eu-repo ... cines.html

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:59 am
Devil's Advocate

i.hope wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Shack wrote:
Good thing for the filibuster and Manchin and Sinema holding the line stopping this bill forcing nation wide California style elections of mail in voting/no voter ID/unlimited ballot harvesting/etc. (isn't it in the constitution that elections are supposed to be by state? I guess the Supreme Court could get rid of it too) and it being illegal to question the results after. The Democrats unlimited thirst for power and likely desire to make it a one party state is being held in check by two people on their side.
Yup, people actually voting is the biggest threat to democracy!

#RepublicanLogic

People voting might be a threat to Republicans.

Our federal election day is on a work day. Why are Republicans so keen on shortening voting hours in Iowa? They don't want working people to vote?

Republicans wrote the mail voting law in Georgia. Now they tried to repeal it because more people voted and the results were not in their favor.

Voter suppression or preventing voter fraud?

Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:11 am
The Kramer

Voter fraud only comes from 5G Towers duh.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Election Day just needs to be made a federal holiday already. It's pretty ridiculous that it's not. The argument that it's too harmful to the economy to make it a federal holiday is just absurd.

Or merge it with Veteran's Day. Or make it a Saturday even. I believe both have been proposed in the past. The current first Tuesday of November thing is incredibly outdated. It was convenient 150 years ago for farmers and travelers to best suite their schedules, so Congress selected that Tuesday as the most convenient date (or day of the week rather) to promote turnout. But times have long since changed and it's no longer a convenient date whatsoever.

Democrats should push to make this happen, whether it be turning Election Day itself into a holiday or moving it to a more convenient date/day. It shouldn't be too difficult to pass now that they have control of the Senate. I can't imagine (well, I CAN as McConnell didn't take it up 2 years ago) many would be opposed to making it more convenient to vote. Two-thirds of all voters (Dems and Reps) support making it a federal holiday.

If I hadn't voted early in 2016 and 2018, I couldn't have voted since I couldn't make it to the polls on Election Day due to work. Early voting gives people the opportunity to vote if they can't on Election Day, which is great. But voting is a right, not an opportunity. Everyone should have the ability to vote on Election Day.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) forgot he voted against the relief bill last Friday and expressed support for it just hours after it passed the House today. Can you get more "politician" than that? LOL.

Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

More of this, please.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Too bad Biden fell while boarding Air Force 1, but all the memes are a little insensitive IMO. I don’t think he’s fit to be president either but I’d never make fun of a near 80 year old man falling.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:59 am
Devil's Advocate

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:02 pm
Superfreak

Sorry Shack. Trump supporters 100% not allowed to mock Biden admin noting the effects of the previous administrations incompetencies. Rule of hypocrisy - DT did this endlessly- and it was often wrong! :whaa: :hahaha:

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
Sorry Shack. Trump supporters 100% not allowed to mock Biden admin noting the effects of the previous administrations incompetencies. Rule of hypocrisy - DT did this endlessly- and it was often wrong! :whaa: :hahaha:

Every president in my life has done that lol. When it was Obama everything was bush’s fault. And I’m sure all of Bush’s issues were Clinton’s fault.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

:funny:

Also... pass some basic gun control legislation, please. You can support gun rights, as it is a right, and gun control at the same time. Hopefully no one died earlier in CO, but that's probably wishful thinking... People being shot in spas and grocery stores. :disgust:

Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The shooter has been identified as Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa so according to my updated guide of White Shooter ----> Racism, Muslim or misc. shooter ------> Guns did it, Black shooter ------> What shooting?, unlike the Atlanta shooting the guns should get the blame here

Guns: And I would've gotten away with it if not for you kids!

Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

America's failure to prepare for, react to, and minimize the impact of a crisis (or crises) is astonishing. We're not alone, of course, there are many countries with many problems. But many developed countries put in the effort and change to address at least some of their problems. And you'd expect better from a country with all the means available to them to recognize, correct, and improve upon their problems. Yet we're largely content with our greed and selfishness to do anything about anything.

The list is so long at this point, ranging across such a widescale of various issues, that we're probably coming up relatively soon on a situation, or rather situations, that can't be acted upon in a timely manner to prevent a catastrophic, long-term effect. In fact, I'm sure there are areas where we're already in too deep to climb out of for decades or generations to come.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
The shooter has been identified as Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa so according to my updated guide of White Shooter ----> Racism, Muslim or misc. shooter ------> Guns did it, Black shooter ------> What shooting?, unlike the Atlanta shooting the guns should get the blame here

Dude. Isn't it exhausting to be this way?

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:43 am
Hold the door!

Mister Ecks wrote:
Shack wrote:

Dude. Isn't it exhausting to be this way?

It’s true lol.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:55 am
Top Poster

Also school shooter —> bullying of someone with mental health issues

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's perhaps true if your perception is limited to your social media feed or desired media outlet.

But in the real world the majority of people want basic gun control, regardless of the circumstances behind mass shootings. To regular people unlike most online and on TV (and especially politicians): A mass shooting is a mass shooting. A person murdering another person is a person murdering another person.

Stop making it political because of the isolated information you're being fed online. You're just as much of the problem by doing so. Go out and ask ten random people (or more if you can) if they support basic gun control legislation, such as banning assault refiles and expanding background checks, and then come back here and post your findings.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 186  Next