Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Mister Ecks wrote:
So WWE really did drop the illusion last night that Roman COULD lose the title on Sunday and Edge COULD choose a different champion from Roman, eh?
Well they didn’t stick with that illusion long. :funny:

Just as importantly, Lashley and Drew = fuck yeah. Mania is shaping up nice.

...Until Miz wins the title??? Are we in 2021 or 2011? Is Bad Bunny gonna win the wwe title????

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:59 am
New Server, Same X

I keep reading all these theories last night of how Lashley will win the title at Fastlane, set up a match with Drew at Mania, etc etc. Then I keep remembering how Bad Bunny shamelessly flaunted the 24/7 Title on SNL this week, and how much WWE would love to see a mainstream performer holding the WWE Title, even for a short time.

Please, for the love of God, don't let this happen.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:45 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Bad Bunny will almost certainly be in a match at Mania. Having him defeat Miz (also likely to happen) and going into Mania as WWE Champ though? Would they really pull that trigger?

I'm just guessing the story will involve Lashley getting the title from either Miz or Bad Bunny at Fastlane. Perhaps Bad Bunny will "cost" Miz the match or something, setting up a Bad Bunny vs Miz match for Mania.

But it's probably 50/50 on whether Bad Bunny gets the WawE title though...

Also... Raw's Women's Division is a true mess right now. Asuka wasn't even on the card last night, and there isn't a storyline in the entire division besides the dumb Charlotte/Evans thing. I guess Charlotte beating Evans at some point (why not have their match last night???), and then moving on to defeat Asuka at Mania is the move here. Alexa Bliss has been absent for a bit too.

Still annoyed we never got a Asuka/Shayna storyline.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

The Miz two time WWE Champion.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:07 pm
The Kramer

Corpse the Lacey Evans pregnancy is for real. I assume she was gonna get the title this weekend otherwise and defend v Charlotte.

Now ... I dunno Asuka v Charlotte again sounds so boring, and Asuka has been champ for so long that it wouldn’t even be that satisfying if she avenged all those previous losses. Will they pair Ric up with Peyton Royce and do the same story? I love Peyton, but she’s been lagging far behind Billie since the split so that might be weird. We will probably end up with an Asuka v Everyone match.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh, well then... I wonder if they'll still play it out with Ric Flair being the father for TV audiences.

Just have Shayna turn on Nia, run through some of the other women for a few weeks, and then properly challenge Asuka at Mania. Shafir and Duke can make their returns as well, adding a much needed new team to the tag division.

Admittingly, a Becky return and match with Asuka at Mania would be fun too. Becky relinquished the title to her after all, and it would make for an interesting storyline. But they'd have to get on it very soon or it'd be a pretty poor way to have Asuka drop the title if Becky makes a sudden return in the final weeks leading up to Mania.

I like Charlotte just fine, but just throwing her into a match with Asuka to win the title again is just so expected and "we're out of ideas" move. Now, if Asuka actually won, making them 1-1 at Mania which could lead to a proper rivalry and eventual rubber match, sure, that'd be alright. But that's not happening.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So.. what happened when Retribution debuted and shortly after? I wasn't watching much during this time, but they had decent build-up in the weeks/months prior.

But every time I've watched in recent weeks and months, they've always lost? I don't think any of them, Ali included, has won a single match? It's just Ali always yelling at all of them each week.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

They’ve won a couple matches but it’s a shit gimmick for sure. Mostly just to build an Ali v Kofi Mania match I assume. Hopefully Dom and Mia can redebut with new characters and forget this ever happened soon after that.

The Lashley Ultimatum was funny. Dude then demolishes Strowman. Miz will probably find a way to weasel out of it again but they should just put the title on him next week. Fastlane is like 3 weeks before Mania...

Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, hopefully Ali breaks off soon because it's getting silly. Not sure if a match with Kofi is Mania material (odd to say given Kofi's status just a couple years ago), but it'd be an entertaining one whenever it happens.

Charlotte v Asuka seems almost certain now, although Ripley is "coming soon" to Raw. Sometimes these "coming soon" ads can mean several months though, so who knows if she'll debut before Mania.

Naomi and Lana beating Nia and Shayna at some point in the future seems likely, perhaps in a Mania match to get the titles on the card.

Not really sure what's happening with the Raw Tag Team division. I guess Miz and Morrison will challenge The Hurt Business at Mania unless another team comes back by then?

Orton v The Fiend (be it Bliss or Wyatt, or both) will probably get a cinematic match for Mania.

Lashley seems poised to get the title. But I have doubts it'll be before Fastlane, with the Miz getting out of the match until then.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Big Show (Paul White) on AEW? :whaa:

This is one of the most surprising ones. Never seemed like he'd leave WWE at this point in his career. His Hall of Fame year was probably coming up in the near-ish future, too.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I am excited for this. The match against Shaq will finally happen, and hopefully Shaq puts him over like when he had the “Shaq Vs.” show. Also Jerishow reunion!

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I think we’ll see alot of legends depart for AEW when their contracts are up. They can be useful and part of the story over there, rather than just getting beat up by Randy Orton twice a year. :hahaha:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This is his ultimate heel turn, too, against WWE itself! The 977 before it were just getting us ready so we wouldn't be too shook.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Big Show going to AEW is the biggest indicator that WWE has no use for their so-called legends. Look at how AEW treats legends and look how WWE treats them. Only reason Ric Flair is still with WWE is because of Charlotte and his relationship with Triple H. Otherwise, he'd be all over AEW. Even now I wouldn't think it's impossible to see that happen.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:56 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I guess we're getting a Strowman/Shane [insert stipulation] match at Mania?

Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Well Miz didn’t last very long. Congrats to Bobby Lashley on his first world title win!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:01 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's weird. Perfectly fine with Lashley getting the title, it's just the suddenness of it all that makes it seem weird and unplanned.

Pretty crappy Raw, by the way. Drew and Sheamus was very good, but the show sucked for the next 2.5 hours, really. The lumberjacks really showed how much Raw's roster is lacking right now.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I was mystified by Orton for years since I just missed his last apparent good year before this one (I started watching around TLC 2014 before the Rollins match) and wondering how a guy that's clearly not in the same class of talent as an HHH or Cena or yes, Reigns and spent most of his time in filler midcard feuds had as astonishing 13 world titles (now 14), so it was nice to see him at the top of his game for another year and possibly even WWE's best asset in 2020. I still think he's only good not great in the ring, but when he's motivated he's a great promo/character, it's some of the little things I remember like his annoyance at his face as his jaw was hurting after Drew claymored him the second of three times, or the petulant way he took his suitcase and left the building the night before he came back with the goggles. With that said I think making McIntyre the guy was the right move, surely he is #1 for little kids right now, just the perfect feel good babyface warrior guy, and proof of why looking the part can make someone feel like more of a star - AEW doesn't have a McIntyre or Reigns and Vince knows it. You can also just tell he's a great guy. Now hopefully for his sake he doesn't face Sheamus at Wrestlemania (and if it does happen, for everyone's sake hopefully it's not for the WWE title) I say that as otherwise being complimentary of Sheamus in 2020 who's Riddle's in ring soulmate and also started Big E off well, and played his role perfectly with Hardy. I thought they would do a nice little McIntyre Sheamus TLC one off but if it's not happening there...

As for Reigns, I've been team Big Dog from the start so I'm happy to see his heel turn be so great. It's also clear that in another life Jey Uso and presumably Jimmy as well could've won 4 intercontinental as a singles wrestler or something, he's made that storyline.

I would have loved to see the crowd's reaction to Nia Jax right now, between real life heat of injuring so many people and putting Lana through 9 tables while being incredibly hateable as the bully in a good way, it would be through the roof. As for Lana, I'm biased because I've had her as the hottest chick in the game for years but she's not THAT bad in the ring, if Mandy and Peyton can get away with only being passable in the ring because of what else they bring to the table, I wouldn't mind Lana having a consistent C list role like them. (speaking of good looking females hopefully Mysterio's daughter is in training...)

Retribution was a cool idea and Ali tried his best as a heel, but they clearly half assed the call ups, I think something like Ciampa leading a group to attack the main roster cause he's pissed about not getting called up would've worked better. Dijakovic has the most potential of the group but this is the wrong style for him, they may as well have given that spot to the big dude in Forgotten Sons or something. I like Mia Yim but I think she wasn't exactly at the top of the NXT list. I didn't even know who the black guy with dreads was (I vaguely recognize the name Dio Maddin, wait now I remember - wasn't he randomly hired and over his head as the Raw commentator for a few weeks???), and the other one is Shane Thorne who is the definition of someone passed around in a few teams that Vince doesn't give a shit about. They might be better off just sending them home and pretending Dijakovic is a totally different, normal guy who's Keith Lee's friend when they call him up next time.

Also Alexa Bliss could not be more perfect in her Fiend role

Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:43 am
Top Poster

Shaq was awesome with that powerbomb and the table spot, though what’s up with the forgotten ambulance angle?

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Surprised Shaq took a bump like that.

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

As of 12/11 let's see how far off my Wrestlemania predictions are:

Spoiler: show
Edge vs Orton WWE title (Edge wins from McIntyre at Elimination Chamber/Fast Lane similar to last Goldberg run. McIntyre does Sheamus match at RR).

Reigns vs Daniel Bryan - Universal title: Bryan wins Royal Rumble (not sure about this one - they've been booking Bryan weak, and it could just be Jey winning Royal Rumble. But I expect Reigns to race Goldberg after KO, meaning rivalry with Bryan can stretch out)

McIntyre vs the Fiend (McIntyre vs HHH would be the money match, but.I think the latter is in too busy with NXT to wrestle mode until further notice, maybe next year)

Shane vs Braun underground match

Goldberg vs Bobby Lashley

AJ vs Keith Lee

Miz vs Morrison for Money in the Bank briefcase

Charlotte (c) vs Bayley - Raw women's title - Bayley wins Royal Rumble, Charlotte beats Asuka at RR

Sasha (Smackdown champion) and Carmella vs Nia Jax and Shayna Bazler - Women's tag titles

Heel Jeff Hardy vs Riddle for US title (pre show)

Intercontinental: Seth Rollins vs Big E (champion)

Ladder match with heel Street Profits vs KO and Zayn vs Rey and Dominik vs Ziggler/Roode, New Day vs Viking Raiders if Ivar is back

Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:27 pm
The Kramer

You got one right. BRAAAAAAARRRRRRR

Shaq was great. Still can’t believe they put that on TV though. Would’ve made Revolution an easy buy but now I’m not 100% sure.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:51 pm
Devil's Advocate

Just saw a spoiler that Lashley wins the title. Vince,

Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:16 am
New Server, Same X

I don't know where that thought is going and maybe I don't want to know.

I'm happy for Lashley. I'm not keen on two title changes taking place on RAW within the last six months, but whatever. I like the idea of guys long overdue for a shot getting it. Drew last year, Lashley now. I'm sure he'll drop it back to Drew at Wrestlemania, but I'd be fine if his run was longer. The Hurt Business deserves to be hovering around the main event.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:15 am
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
It's weird. Perfectly fine with Lashley getting the title, it's just the suddenness of it all that makes it seem weird and unplanned.

Pretty crappy Raw, by the way. Drew and Sheamus was very good, but the show sucked for the next 2.5 hours, really. The lumberjacks really showed how much Raw's roster is lacking right now.

I still feel like Goldberg was supposed to win the title at Royal Rumble and plans fell through for whatever reason. Plus they had The Miz constantly hovering around the title with the MITB briefcase. I think The Miz is still underrated after all these years, but I would have been fine if he cashed in and lost too.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 235  Next