Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The Mandalorian 
Romosexual!

Post Re: The Mandalorian
2 DAYS UNTIL AHSOKA TANO :D

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:21 am
The Kramer

I’m going through season 2 of Rebels now. The Ghost is trying to get away, some annoyingly persistent Tie Fighter is not letting them. Chills when Ahsoka realizes who is chasing them. :ohmy:

“The Apprentice Lives.”

I hope that Luke was kind enough to tell her what happened in the final moments of the Death Star 2.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:41 pm
The Kramer

They totally nailed Ahsoka.

Is Thrawn only in the books? I don’t remember him in Clone Wars, but am only in season 2 of Rebels.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:20 am
Forum General

Bruh Filoni really went all in on this episode and easily gave us one of the most Star Warsy pieces of live action entertainment we have probably ever got since ROTS in 2005. This was so hardcore Star Wars with all the references and mentions to lore from the books and shows and I love that they let Filoni go for it.

I am also really digging Rosario as Ashoka so far, but I didn't fall in love with her as much as I did Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan. Those lightsaber battle sequences were amazing though, especially the opening and they are totally setting up her own spin-off show which I am definitely down for.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Baby Yoda's name reveal, but I can get use to it I guess and how dope was it seeing Kyle Reese in this episode? I love Michael Biehn so much man.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm
The Kramer

One thing that did annoy me was Ahsoka blaming Anakin's downfall on his attachment to Padme. That's some 'Rise of Skywalker bullshit' right there. I thought we had established that it was the rigidity of the Jedi order that continuously drove people towards the Sith? If Anakin could have just talked to them about his problem then the entire Order 66 could have been avoided. But noooo, they're all like "your problem is that you care. If you stopped caring, there would be no problem. Now go away and let me meditate." That gave Anakin only one person who he could confide in and what do ya know, the guy who said "your love isn't a bad thing and should be protected" ended up winning his loyalty.

As one of the few who were enough to reject the Jedi without turning to the dark side, Ahsoka should know better.

Awesome episode but had to rant about that. :P

Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:29 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just wait til the season 2 finale of Rebels.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I was off by a week so I watched episode 4 and 5 back to back. 4 was boring as ****. 5 was cool though.

Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:12 am
The Kramer

Turns out Boba Fett is a pretty swell guy. Who knew?

Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:41 am
Forum General

Wow Robert Rodriguez is still the fucking man IMO. All the scenes with Boba Fett wrecking those StormTroopers were badass and I am so glad they brought Ming-Na back and that they both look to actually be sticking around at least for the next two episodes along with other major characters returning like Bill Burr. These next two episodes are going to be crazy and I'm sad to see this season come to an end already when it feels like things were just getting really good.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:06 am
Romosexual!

amazing how these short episodes (chapter 14 & 11) are packed with soo much action and lore that they feel like longer. :D season 2 is KILLING IT!

I'm soo glad they decided not to spoil the last 4 episodes of the season with trailers or tv spots. #ThankTheMaker

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:43 am
Devil's Advocate

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:52 pm
Romosexual!

The other Boston in Lincolnshire. Outside London.

Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:26 pm
Forum General

Okay that Finale was AMAZING!!!! I mean Luke fucking Skywalker coming in at the end was something I definitely wasn't expecting even if a lot of fans probably predicted it. Incredible episode overall and please give me that Boba Fett series as soon possible, because I am so down for that.

Also, its hard to believe this is the last we probably see of Grogu, but damn did that goodbye between him and Mando almost bring me to fucking tears.

Bravo Filoni and Favreau Bravo!!!!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:40 am
The Kramer

LUKE! They did not hold back. Amazing season.

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:06 am
Extraordinary

I still think the show is overrated but the last 10 minutes of the finale... wow. Cried from reveal of Luke to Mando saying bye to Grogu.

Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:50 pm
Veteran

Disney is giving a Master Class on IP begetting more IP

The Mandalorian is generating spinoffs that will benefit from how well they were set up in the show (Ahsoka, Boba, etc.), giving those shows momentum. In addition to the direct spinoffs you have carefully curated SW themed shows based on exciting premises (with the disclaimer that a couple of them like Acolyte remain a total mystery)

Filoni/Favreau are the Kevin Feige of Star Wars and I'm here for it. Yes, with so much upcoming content and interconnected stories there is the very real threat of dilution but I trust the showrunners and architects. I'm excited for the SW stories we'll see in 2021/2022. I am still waiting for that SW show/movie based on an entirely new world/plot.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:19 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

SW would work really well as continued TV series rather than movies. The world is so rich that it needs time and care to explore.

Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:10 am
Veteran

I now want Patty Jenkins far away from Rogue Squadron, a future SW series she is heading up. WW84 was baaad.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:36 pm
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller

A. Season 2 of this show as basically incredible except for that lame second episode in the ice ave

B. This show is essentially the Iron Man of the Star Wars TV universe

C. The event that this, Ahsoka, and Boba Fett will lead up to should be a theatrical film and it'll do $1B+ WW

D. The finale was incredible and basically a giant fuck you to all the TLJ fanboys who want to insist TLJ is perfect and has no flaws even though it has a lot of flaws. This is how you move Star Wars forward without actively trying to just subvert the past. You can accept the past of SW and embrace it and still tell a compelling and great modern story.

E. This entire season could have been condensed into a 2.5 hour film which would have been epic to see in the theaters. The Luke arrival in theaters would have been Avengers Endgame level.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.

Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:48 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I think people use Endgame level reference too slightly now forgetting that it was built for last 10 years over 20+ movies. SW already got its "endgame glory" with TFA that did really well domestically just note enough at WW scale which any SW wouldn't at this point

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:52 pm
Hold the door!

This show is pretty to look at and has good action scenes. I’m finally on season 2, but character and story still greatly lack.

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:37 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
This show is pretty to look at and has good action scenes. I’m finally on season 2, but character and story still greatly lack.

I am not even a big SW fan and I thought season 1 was great. I plan to catch up Season 2 this week.

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:51 pm
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

I am not even a big SW fan and I thought season 1 was great. I plan to catch up Season 2 this week.

What did you like about it?

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:29 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I loved the story and the silent build up of the bond between Mando and baby Yoda. I am not a big fan of space action in SW movies so I was glad that the story didn't go there much and it was more small scale and didn't try to expand the main storyline. To be honest I didn't love too much of their action scenes because I thought they were all staged but the bond between the leads is what sucked me into the series. Also you don't necessarily have to know the entire SW storyline but just a little bit about the universe will be enough to enjoy the series.

I feel your pain though because it is slow series and my friends and family who don't like SW series didn't enjoy it as much as me.

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:52 am
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I think people use Endgame level reference too slightly now forgetting that it was built for last 10 years over 20+ movies. SW already got its "endgame glory" with TFA that did really well domestically just note enough at WW scale which any SW wouldn't at this point

i mean Endgame had a great reaction but there's plenty of films that achieve that level of exhilaration at a mass-level. It doesn't require 10 years and 20+ movies you just need a strong IP which SW is.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next