Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix) 
The Kramer

Post Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)
So we are getting a live action remake of the Aang chronicles on Netflix next year. Makes sense after the success of Lemony Snicker. They’ve made note of how it will not be white-washed or humorless, throwing subtle shade at the M Night version whenever possible.

I’d rather have a continuation of Korra’s story (with some HLA) or even one about the next Avatar after Korra. But I will happily take this. The movie is my all-time least favorite and we need to wipe it from the record book.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)
I don't know... I hope it's good, and a success, but they have a serious uphill challenge ahead of them. I know that Netflix is doing very well for themselves these days, but I imagine this series will require a hefty budget as well.

Has it been announced if Aaron Ehasz, or any of the creators are attached to this?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I assume he will be too busy with Dragon Prince. Have you seen that yet? I’m gonna watch it after I’m done with BoJack season 5.

DImartini and Konietzo are overseeing the production.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Dragon Prince is good so far. I watched up to episode 4 last night and didn't want to stop watching. You could easily write it off as another generic animated fantasy series, but the writing is solid, the characters have layers, the themes are more on the mature side of things, and the animation is unique.

I'm a bit disappointed Season 1 is only 9 episodes, unless it's only part 1 of season 1 or something (haven't checked).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Finished The Dragon Prince. Good show so far. I stand by my comments about it in my previous post, though I will say that sometimes, at least to my eyes, the animation style can sometimes "lag" (like a frame rate drop in a video game) during action sequences.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

I can’t wait for this. With the creators coming back to help make it I know it won’t be anywhere near as disastrous as the M.Night movie.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:55 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Finished The Dragon Prince. Good show so far. I stand by my comments about it in my previous post, though I will say that sometimes, at least to my eyes, the animation style can sometimes "lag" (like a frame rate drop in a video game) during action sequences.
I noticed that too! It looked like stop-motion animation at times.

It was still a great show though. Nine episodes weren't enough, even a 10th could have wrapped up a lot of loose ends, but I also liked where they stopped. It was like a nine episode prologue; setting up the rules of the world, the teams of heroes and villains (with some reluctance and chance of people changing sides) and the major goal to work towards that will continuously take them to exciting new places (I don't think the Dragon Queen will be at the Breach).

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:38 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Dragon Prince has gotten better and better with each new season, by the way.

Season 1: 7/10
Season 2: 8/10
Season 3: 9/10

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:47 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Such an odd turn of events considering that Netflix is Known for letting their creative talent do whatever they want. I guess the massive ratings for the original episodes made them realize this would be the new Stranger Things and they panicked.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:15 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

That's bad I really love the world(s) that these two created and the way they build up the story. Let's hope the live action series does not end being like the movie version from Shyamalan.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:55 pm
Devil's Advocate

I tried the first episode and I wasn't feeling it tbh

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:23 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

It takes time to set things up. It gets better.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:58 am
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
The Dragon Prince has gotten better and better with each new season, by the way.

Yes, season 3 was indeed the best yet. It was a little frustrating in the middle of the season, when the plot completely relied on Ezren making bad decisions (how the fuck did he think his "let Veeran become king in exchange for peace" deal was going to work out?) but the last four or five episodes are just fantastic.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:08 pm
Romosexual!

Corpse wrote:

I think it's time that I binge watch this show.
Only got around to watching the first couple episodes of S1 and then got side tracked by other shows.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

You should! And share your thoughts afterward.

Netflix renewed the show for FOUR more seasons this past July. 7 seasons (or books) was expected if the show was popular enough, and this is Netflix we're talking about, so that announcement seems big to me given their history.

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I didn't knew they renewed it for 7 seasons, that is indeed a great news. I am really looking forward to it. The series does get better with each season so very excited to hear that we will see 7 whole seasons of this wonderful world.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:19 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Seeing reports that they're swapping the ages for Katara and Sokka, making Katara the older sibling.

I hate to be one of those fans that criticizes every detail... but this is an important detail that heavily defines each of these characters. Sokka, being the older sibling, struggles to live up to that expectation. And Katara, being the younger sibling, having to mature beyond her age, largely filling in for their mom.

I'll give the show a try, of course, but this has to be one of the "creative differences" that resulted in the creators leaving the project.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I don't even understand the reason for that change other than maybe get some #MeToo votes. And yes that's a significant change in the central trio's dynamics.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:47 pm
The Kramer

At first I assume they were gonna age up Katara and Aang for the purposes of sexy scenes.

But Aang is still 12.

Katara is gonna be a full pedo by the time the Fire Lord falls.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:38 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just going to post this here since it's sort of a hybrid thread...

Dragon Prince S4 this November! (Finally!)

SDCC clip:

Two-year time jump, too.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And this! The upcoming Avatar movies are planned for theatrical release and not Netflix, but still posting it here.

Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:00 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

A College aged sequel to the first series is what everyone has wanted all along.

Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:54 pm
Romosexual!

Corpse wrote:
And this! The upcoming Avatar movies are planned for theatrical release and not Netflix, but still posting it here.

Glad we're getting animated movies from the creators of the show :wub2:

and also live action series from Netflix :D

Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:21 pm
Romosexual!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
A College aged sequel to the first series is what everyone has wanted all along.

FACTS!!!!!!!!!! :D

Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next