Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Euphoria (HBO) 
Star Trek XI

Post Euphoria (HBO)
New show on HBO, any one watching? Loved the premiere, Zendaya is sensational and Rue and Jules' frliendship will be the highlight and bright spot in the dark teen world of the show.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Euphoria (HBO)
I thought the premiere was ok. Zendaya was good. Interested to see where the show goes.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:25 am
New Server, Same X

Loving it so far. Have there been any teen dramas made on an HBO-style scale before? It seems like this should have been done long ago. Zendaya is terrific, much of the cast is so far. Hunter Schafer is great too.

I'm not a huge fan of the music video visuals in certain scenes. I know it gives it a youthful appearance, but it gets a bit distracting. I'd prefer just a dark, gritty look. But it's not enough to ruin the show either.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:55 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I know kids shows technically aren't a good gauge of acting... but there might not be a more striking change in acting talent than Zendaya. Her show, and her in particular, were just absolutely horrendous. Now? She's great!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Forum General

Yeah the premiere was pretty solid. Not a big fan of Zendaya, but she is good in this so far and I do have a weakness for these dark, dysfunctional teen dramas. It seems like its going to be entertaining for the most part at least.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 pm
Star Trek XI

This is something different for HBO and I'm here for it, between this and Big Little Lies I'm now looking forward to Sunday's. Definitely a lot darker than most teen shows though as typical for HBO.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:42 pm
New Server, Same X

Episode 2 was solid as well. I hate to make the comparison to a Canadian classic, although since Drake is an exec producer I suppose it makes sense, but it feels like a long-overdue HBO version of Degrassi (the original Jr. High/High run, not the Drake Next Generation version).

Still getting used to the music video visuals of the series, but considering the people behind it and that it's directed to a teen audience (despite the graphic adult content), I can probably forgive that in the long run.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:21 pm
Star Trek XI

God, just give Zendaya the Emmy now after tonight

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 am
New Server, Same X

I've looked at more penis in three episodes of Euphoria than I've looked at my own

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:26 pm
Forum General

You ain't lying Mister Ecks. There is so much full frontal male nudity in this show, but I keep hearing from people that this is HBO making up for the lack of it GOT. No idea how true that it is, but it definitely seems like it so far.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:04 pm
New Server, Same X

The first three episodes of Euphoria are a terrific teen drama. Episode 4 is about as close to perfect as you can get. So many storylines weave in and out of each other against the backdrop of a carnival. Fantastic storytelling in one hour, complete with an absolutely beautiful ending between Rue and Jules.

I really hope Zendaya gets recognized next year at the Emmys. It's a bit of an unfortunate schedule to premiere a year before next year's nominations, but her performance is going to hold up.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Star Trek XI

“I think you’re a fucking faggot just like your daddy” Jules WENT there! Zendaya continues to be stupendous although episode 3 was by far her greatest. If she isn’t at least nominated it will be a huge injustice

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:36 pm
Devil's Advocate

Some of my problems with the show:

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:58 pm
Wallflower

Liked the first episode. Have LOVED the rest. The carnival episode was amazing. I am definitely obsessed with this show. No huge surprise as the creator made one of my favorite movies from last year, Assassination Nation. I love the character of Jules. I'm interested in most of the main characters though honestly the main character, Rue, is the least interesting of them.

Spoiler: show
In the carnival episode I was glued to the screen and on edge during the Nate/Jules encounter.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 pm
Extraordinary

The show has gotten better and better with each episode. Happy it got picked up for S2.

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:23 pm
New Server, Same X

Speculation spoilers?

Lots of people suggesting Rue will die at some point (end of Season 1?), but I really hope not. She's kind of the glue to hold the show together at this point. I don't think Rue is the best character of the show, but it would lose something without Zendaya.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:33 pm
Star Trek XI

I've heard this and ill be devastated if that's the case
Zendaya posted the season 2 renewal on her IG story and on twitter so I'm hoping not
Very happy for the season 2 renewal! Love this show and love Rue and Jules' relationship especially

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:22 pm
Forum General

Nate is seriously one nasty piece of work, but after that episode where he confronts the blonde dude I only knew it was going to get worse, and just look where we are now. He deserves everything he gets, but will he get it is the real question considering another season has already been renewed.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:33 pm
Wallflower

I don't think he will get it. At least not yet. Maybe not ever. Because in the real world people like this get away with this shit all of the time. I can see the show letting him get away with it. I do really want to see him pay. The dude is fucking terrifying. I feel really bad for poor Tyler.

Also, I love Kat gaining confidence and all but she's become such a bitch. I haven't minded so much except with the way she's doing Ethan. He seems so sweet and genuine and she's been awful to him. He doesn't deserve that.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:23 pm
Wallflower

I don't want this season to be over yet. But at least then they'll hopefully announce the Blu-Ray soon after. Cannot wait to own it. The last two episodes haven't been my favorites but it's still great. Hoping it goes out with a bang for the finale. Certainly looks amazing.

Poor
Fezco. Damn Rue for getting him involved with Nate. He certainly didn't know who he was dealing with. Even if by some miracle he doesn't get in trouble with the cops that other drug dealer is going to kill him when he can't pay him back for the drugs he had to get rid of.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:47 am
Wallflower

That club scene in the last episode was amazing. Also dug the cover of "I'm Not In Love" quite a bit.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 am
New Server, Same X

I feel like we're going to lose someone tonight. Too many runaway trains hurdling towards each other. Something's gotta give. But I am going to miss this show. 8 episodes is both not enough and also just right. 10-13 or more would probably provide too much filler here and there, but 8 is a solid number of hour-long episodes.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:53 am
Star Trek XI

I’m both excited and terrified for tonight. If something irreparable happens to Rue and/or Jules....I will be absolutely devastated, especially Rue after all she's been through

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm
New Server, Same X

The finale was good. I expected more, but I'm glad with how things went. It's just that the editing can be frustrating sometimes. I honestly didn't know what I was watching in the last few minutes. I don't think they need to dumb it down, but keeping it a little more coherent wouldn't be a bad thing.

All in all, I loved the first season and I eagerly anticipate Season 2.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:43 pm
Star Trek XI

Yeah it was a little confusing and same with episode 7 with Jules in the club(didn't know that Nate wasn't there until I looked up a review) but it was still good. Hope season2 isn't only about the fallout of Nate blackmailing multiple peopled manipulation. Feel bad for both Tyler and Jules

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next