Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 10 Questions About the 2004-2005 Season 
New Server, Same X

Post 10 Questions About the 2004-2005 Season
I thought I'd start something new here on KJ. I'm going to ask 10 questions about this fall's schedule, from new to returning shows, and not necessarily just on the schedule, but more in-depth on a show. So, you can answer them too, but for now I'll wait to answer them in a little bit. As always, only answer questions that you know about. You may not watch certain shows, which is fine.

1. Who will be the first major character on "Lost" to perish?
2. Will "The OC" make a dent on Thursday, opposite a tragically low Joey/Will and Grace pairing?
3. Arrested Development won several Emmys this year, but will its audience grow at all?
4. Somehow, both "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" have been able to maintain all suspense, drama, story, and all-around addictiveness, with nary a low point to either show in sight. But really, how long can that last? More generally, which show will likely begin to lose quality first? (Lost may be the obvious choice, so don't automatically choose it... think about both shows, first).
5. Crossover time: Crossing Jordan is crossing over to Las Vegas on NBC. What two shows on the same network do you want to see develop a crossover?
6. ABC has two huge bonafide hits in Lost and Housewives, another big hit in Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, a solid showing for their Tuesday night schedule, and of course, Monday Night Football. But, there are problems on other nights. What would you do to cure Wednesdays (exclude Lost), Thursdays, and Fridays? Cancellations? Returns of old shows? Swapping?
7. Another ABC question (sorry, but ABC has the most to talk about this season, and this time it's all positive): Where the hell should Alias go in January?
8. In the end of the season, who will win these showdowns? The OC vs. Joey/Will and Grace......Without a Trace vs. ER......CSI NY vs. Law and Order......American Idol vs. Lost (in 2005, should Idol return to Wednesdays at 8:30)
9. Do we really need a fourth Law and Order on NBC?
10. The WB is having trouble with new shows, it would seem: any thoughts? Should Angel have been cancelled? Is the Jack and Bobby full season renewal a bad move? And, finally, should they really have cancelled Grounded for Life, without much else stable on Fridays?

Okay, I know that's long, so even if you can answer one question, do it.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:50 am
Begging Naked

Post Re: 10 Questions About the 2004-2005 Season
Some answers to selected questions:

1. The kid, cause you can't control puberty, and the first season is only 40 days long.

2. Yes. It won't pass them in total viewers, but it'll beat Joey/W&G in 18-49ers, enough to humiliate NBC.

3. Well, considering that the first serason got only 6.2 million viewers and that it's now after The Simpsons, I don't how it couldn't go up at least 50%.

7. Sunday 10:00 ET, after Desperate Housewives. I know the automatic choice would be Wednesday after Lost, but FOX is moving the AI results show to 9:00, which would seriously hust it.

8. The OC vs. Joey/Will and Grace (As a result, both will be moved to die on Tuesdays)
Without a Trace vs. ER (E.R. will still beat in 18-49ers, but the will be closer then ever, convincing NBC to make next season the final one for it)
CSI NY vs. Law and Order (Draw. I have absolutely no idea in hell)
American Idol vs. Lost (Not happening)

9. No, and considering all the other L&O shows are down, NBC is probably now thinking the same thing.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]