Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 How many series/seasons have you seen in 2022? 
The Kramer

Post Re: How many series/seasons have you seen in 2022?
18. Barry (HBO, season 3) - A

-This season started a little slow, and was drowning in its own darkness. And while those were good, the second half of the season continiously escalating the absurdity turned the show back into solid gold. I don't think anything will ever top the hunter/lily episode, but the recurring joke in the sixth episode about people lining up for a bakery, only to use the baker as a therapist was so fucking funny and I don't even know how they can balance things like that successful.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:31 pm
The Kramer

19. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney, Season 1) - D+

-Maybe that's a harsh grade, but every episode was so disappointing. This huge, epic show with monumental clashes that had to keep finding reasons for nothing to happen because it would adversely affect the canon (and they didn't even succeed at that.) I don't wanna blame it all on Reva, but she's taken her place as the second worst Star Wars character ever after only Wak-47.

20. South Park (season 25, comedy central) - B-

-Six episodes is hardly a season. Feels Trey and Matt are far more interested in making their hour long specials than continuing down the road of traditional televsion. Yet they still gave us the Tolkien episode which is one of their best in recent years.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:36 am
Devil's Advocate

Previous entries

Spoiler: show
Succession: Season 3 - A
Dexter: New Blood - A-
Survivor: Season 41 - A-
The Morning Show Season 2 - B
Severance Season 1 - A-
Servant Season 3 - A-
For All Mankind Season 2 - B
Foundation Season 1 - A-
This is Us Season 6 - A-
Survivor: Season 42 - B+
Hacks Season 2 - B+
Barry Season 3 - A-
Ted Lasso Season 2 - A-
Obi-Wan Kenobi - A-
Westworld Season 3 - F

Ghosts Season 1 - A-

This one took me by surprise, I didn't even have it on my radar as potential quality until seeing it was getting some awards nominations or buzz, and based on being on CBS I just assumed it was a sitcom instead of a single cam. The cast is great and they also have the signature network comedy heart and ability to have sentimental moments or characters connecting to each other. I already loved Rose McIver before this but Utkarsh Ambudkar aka rich man's Aziz really impressed me and paid off that they decided to make the husband funny instead of a straight man. As for the supporting cast they all had some moments one but the Victorian era woman Hetty and the viking Thorfin were probably my favorite. They are way more boxed by their own rules than a show like the Good Place which it shares some themes with, so I'm interested to see how they can develop it plot wise but so far so good.

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:19 pm
The Kramer

21. Girls5Eva (season 2, peacock) - A-

-Girls5Eva took a leap in its second season, connecting not only with the humor but also drama and character growth as well. Also, the songs are legit bops. Bend Don't Break was definitely worth fracturing an ankle for.

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:23 am
Devil's Advocate

Previous entries

Severance Season 1 - A-
Servant Season 3 - A-
Foundation Season 1 - A-
This is Us Season 6 - A-
Hacks Season 2 - B+
Barry Season 3 - A-
Ted Lasso Season 2 - A-
Obi-Wan Kenobi - A-
Westworld Season 3 - F
Ghosts Season 1 - A-

The Boys Season 3: B

A solid season with another good guest star like Stormfront last year in Jenson Ackles Soldier Boy. Homelander remains more interesting than the Boys. The finale delivered other than one underwhelming death. This is why on my list for the True Blood award for shows that would be better if they were forced to cut it to 40 minutes instead of 60.

Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:41 pm
The Kramer

22. Miss Marvel (Disney, season 1) - B

-Kamala is a great character and thats enough to carry just about project shes in be it tv show, video game, comic, cartoon, etc... I do wish they kept the series more focused instead of introducing the Clandestines, taking a long time to flesh out their backstory and then doing nothing with them... But hey the finale with the kids using their school against the Department of Damage Control was a ton of fun and definitely Marvel movie quality.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:51 pm
The Kramer

23. The Boys (Amazon, season 3) - A-

-Another great season for one of the best shows on the air right now. Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy was a welcome new addition, an actual threat to Homelander and yet maybe even more of a cunt on the inside. As Billy says, with power comes the absolutely certaintly of turning in to a right cunt. Everyone on the show, except Starlight, can relate to that now. Homelander's "there's no danger, you can go outside!" bits were funny, yet all the more disturbing when his fanbase continues to grow and grow despite his mind becoming more and more unhinged. Eerily parralell to a certain real life demigod, as he always has been, but this show captures their frenzied cult of personality better than any other.

My one complaint would be that, in the finale...

The Boys kind of forget about Homelander. Billy had stopped Soldier Boy from killing innocents before in order to focus on Homelander and I think he could have killed the cunt while also saving the boy. But alas, the show has at least two more seasons, and Alexandria-Ocasio-Headsploder couldn't be the main villian.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

I would have gone with the Superman/Spiderman loses his powers trope for Homelander season 4.

Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:45 pm
Devil's Advocate

Previous entries

Severance Season 1 - A-
Servant Season 3 - A-
Foundation Season 1 - A-
This is Us Season 6 - A-
Hacks Season 2 - B+
Barry Season 3 - A-
Ted Lasso Season 2 - A-
Obi-Wan Kenobi - A-
Westworld Season 3 - F
Ghosts Season 1 - A-

See: Season 1 - B+

Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:54 pm
The Kramer

24. Stranger Things (Netflix, season 4) - A

-What a terrific season of television. Every episode felt like a blockbuster level event. I'm a guy who really liked seasons 2 and 3 as well, but this one was definitely a step up and I eagerly await the finale along with the rest of the world.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:38 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:
Previous entries

Severance Season 1 - A-
Servant Season 3 - A-
Foundation Season 1 - A-
This is Us Season 6 - A-
Hacks Season 2 - B+
Barry Season 3 - A-
Ted Lasso Season 2 - A-
Obi-Wan Kenobi - A-
Westworld Season 3 - F
Ghosts Season 1 - A-

For All Mankind: Season 3 - A-

Very good season paying off season 2 being more of a set up one, it had a little bit of everything.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

Previous entries

Severance Season 1 - A-
Servant Season 3 - A-
Foundation Season 1 - A-
This is Us Season 6 - A-
Hacks Season 2 - B+
Barry Season 3 - A-
Ted Lasso Season 2 - A-
Obi-Wan Kenobi - A-
Westworld Season 3 - F
Ghosts Season 1 - A-

Westworld: Season 4 - B-

Better than season 3 but still not that good.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:53 am
The Kramer

25. Disenchantment (Netflix, season 4) - 8/10

-Another strong season for Matt Groening's most ignored show.

26. The Sandman (Netflix, season 1) - 6.7

-Starts slow but improves alot as it goes on, just like the books.

27. The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window - 6.3

-I probably would have enjoyed this more if I had seen the movie they were satiring. Still, I appreciated the dry humor and Kristen Bell (as always.)

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:24 pm
Devil's Advocate

Previous entries

Severance Season 1 - A-
Servant Season 3 - A-
Foundation Season 1 - A-
This is Us Season 6 - A-
Hacks Season 2 - B+
Barry Season 3 - A-
Ted Lasso Season 2 - A-
Obi-Wan Kenobi - A-
Westworld Season 3 - F
Ghosts Season 1 - A-
Westworld: Season 4 - C+

The Rehearsal - A

This is probably one of the most interesting shows I’ve seen. It could have just been six standalone rehearsals like the first episode but it went so far above and beyond, the 4th and 6th episodes are unbelievable. I have never watched Nathan for You but this guy is clearly a mad genius.

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:53 pm
The Kramer

28. The Rehearsal (HBO, season 1) - 9.5

-Nathan Fielder is a mad man. What starts as another faux-reality show intended to show how silly people can be turns into a introspection of himself. Nathan, the chracter, plays whatever role he needs to make this happen.

29. Prehistoric Planet (Apple, season 1) - 6

-Was cool to hear David Attenborough talk about dinosaurs, but I prefer his voice lined up with real footage of animals, not just animation.

30. The Afterparty (apple, season 1) - 8

-I really liked how each persons story took on a different genre, ranging from romantic comedy to musical to horror to even animation. I also figured out who the killer was early on, but this never negatively affected the story since they sold me on the possibility of being wrong and that the killer could have been anyone. All it takes is one bad day.

Also watched the first three episodes of Severance and For All Mankind while on my apple run, but neither one of them took with me. Harley and What We Do In The Shadows are finishing their runs soon so they will probably be next up.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:52 am
The Kramer

31. What We Do In The Shadows (season 4, fx) - 7

-A bit of a step down from last year due to me not loving the baby Colin Robinson subplot. Overall still a great show and I hope it continues on forever, until the eternal night covers us all.

32. The Owl House (season 1, disney) - 8.3

-Similiar vibes to Gravity Falls. I think I like the characters a bit more (especially Eda, yummm), but the writing a bit less? Either way they are both great and if you like one then check out the other for sure.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:38 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Glad you liked The Owl House. And yeah, the writing isn't as strong as in Gravity Falls, but it has its moments. And Eda is indeed a great character. Season 2 takes things to another level (any "restraint" the creator may have had in S1 because Disney is mostly gone), so if you gave S1 an 8.3, I think you'll have a great time with S2.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

(A+) - Stranger Things (Season 4)
(A) - Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Season 4, Part 2)
(A) - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Season 2)
(A) - The Legend of Vox Machina (Season 1)
(A) - Spy x Family (Season 1, Part 1)
(A) - The Owl House (Season 2)
(A) - Heartstopper (Season 1)
(A-) - The Witcher (Season 2)
(A-) - The Sandman (Season 1)
(A-) - Outlander (Season 6)
(A-) - The Mandalorian (Season 1)
(A-) - The Mandalorian (Season 2)
(A-) - Castlevania (Season 4)
(A-) - Gargoyles (Season 2)
(B+) - The Wheel of Time (Season 1)
(B+) - Gargoyles (Season 1)
(B+) - Gargoyles (Season 3)
(B+) - Amphibia (Season 3)
(B+) - Lucifer (Season 3)
(B) - Loki (Season 1)
(B) - Lucifer (Season 2)
(B) - Riverdale (Season 6)
(B-) - The Book of Boba Fett (Season 1)
(B-) - Lucifer (Season 1)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

33. Harley Quinn (season 3, hbo) - 9.5

-Harlivy, and this show as a whole, are as unstoppable as the bullets that killed Bruce Wayne's parents. As usual, their interpretations of DC characters is hilarious and yet never becomes a parody of itself. Nightwing says "Fuck the Macaroni."

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:06 pm
The Kramer

34. Bust Down (Peacock, season 1) - 7

-An amusing workplace comedy that rarely ever takes place in the actual workplace. Chris Redd is the highlight with the delivery of his ridiculous lines. Ex: somebody asks why he is so tired .. "From fuckin all these homeless women." :hahaha: What's not funny, and I'm kinda glad I didn't know this while watching, is that one of the stars Zak Knight passed away after they filmed it. That's a huge bummer. Guess we won't be getting a season 2.

35. Chucky (USA, season 1) - 7

-Was wondering how they'd manage this project. Chucky trying to seduce the kids into murdering each other is not what I expected, yet also made for more compelling drama. It gets very crazy towards the end of the series, but I liked how they tied it into the old films.

36. She-Hulk (Disney, season 1) - 8.5

-How can you be DUMB and a HULK? I for one really enjoyed how this just played as a silly sitcom most of the time. The cases of the week from z-list heroes/villains was always amusing. Yet it also had some good serious moments like the redemption of Abomination.

Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:10 pm
The Kramer

37. House Of The Dragon (HBO, season 1) - 10

-Having a good Thrones back in our lives is such a great feeling. Just being so hyped every Sunday for the new episode is a feeling I very much missed. Not every episode was perfect, the time jumps were off-putting sometimes. Episodes 1, 5, 7 and 8 were so damn good though, it excuses some questionable decisions over the rest of the season (the biggest being the recycling of the original theme song.)

Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:39 pm
The Kramer

38. The Rings Of Power (amazon, season 1) - 5

-This show tried so hard to get everybody to like it so it would be the next hot show that everybody was talking about. In that aspect, they failed. However, going against House of the Dragon clearly hurt a lot. I think if this debuted in December it would have had a warmer reaction. And while I'm giving it a low grade, I'll probably be back for season 2.

39. Owl House (disney, season 2) - 8.8

-Really liked where they took this season with all the characters having their backgrounds fleshed out, along with the addition of Hunter as the new redemption arc (taking over from Amity who is just a really nice person now.) Does a great job of showing how Luz has made the demon realm a better place, and thus it is even more worth saving than ever. And Hooty is just firing bone-cracking lines out all season.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:37 pm
Devil's Advocate

Kind of lame that it'll take until like early 2025 or something just to get 8 more mediocre Rings of Power episodes. House of the Dragon probably comes out i time for 2024 Emmys. It's amazing in retrospect that the first 6 seasons of Game of Thrones kept to a clean April premiere every year, now nobody can. I was ready for the flawed Jon Hamm Morning Show season a month ago and it's not even remotely on the radar to come out soon.

Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:38 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll ask this here then: Is House of the Dragon adapting all of Fire & Blood, or just certain parts of the history? I've been spoiled with news of a
time skip
, so it sounds like the former. I guess it'd make sense it takes more than a year if they have to change actors and certain set designs and such.

Plan to binge it soon now that it's finished.

And glad you like Season 2 of Owl House, Flava'd. Unfortunately it got cancelled by Disney for not "fitting their brand" and isn't getting a full Season 3. Instead, Season 3 will be three 45-minute specials to end the series. The first special aired a couple weeks ago, and the final two are planned for 2023.

Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

There is a time skip and actor change after the first 5 episodes from 13-14 year old-ish Rhaenyra and Alicent to adults.

Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next