Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Wheel of Time (Amazon) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post The Wheel of Time (Amazon)
I didn't see a thread for it, but could have sworn there was. If I missed it just merge them, please.

Ten days away now! I haven't finished this book series, but plan to start over and reread it again before starting books 12-14 in the next year or two. It's only 4.5 million words, after all. :funny:

Hoping for the best here. Certainly a lot of material (can't really get bigger) for a TV show to tackle. I just listened to the soundtrack available (all vocal tracks) by Lorne Balfe, whom I've enjoyed since early on, and it's pretty good so far.

Current favorite:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Wheel of Time (Amazon)
I'm gonna watch it, hopefully its not too hard to follow if you haven't read it.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:24 pm
The Kramer

I liked Eye of the World, and The Great Hunt, but lost interest during the third book and did not finish it.

Hoping the series is good so I can complete the story that way. :)

Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:45 pm
Forum General

I haven't read any of it, but I just watched the first three episodes. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the rest.

Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

First episode was decent. Will watch the next.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:19 am
Forum General

Between The Expanse, The Boys, The Wheel of Time, next years Lord of the Rings 2nd Age show, and Amazon nearing a deal withe EA to adapt Mass Effect as a series, they pretty much have my money for the next ten years. That's not even considering their purchase of MGM, which includes Stargate. In fact, if I had to choose only one, I'd probably take Prime over Disney+, though I would miss Star Wars and Marvel.

I loved Ep. 4 of The Wheel of Time.

Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm waiting for all 8 episodes to be released before watching them.

I listened to the rest (or at least what's available) of the soundtrack this past week and it's great.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

MickelC wrote:
The first three episodes were fine. Then I lost interest.

That's like saying I liked the beginning with the hobbits, but when they got to Rivendell I lost interest.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Never read the books. I’m loving the show so far :D
Abdul Salis from Love Actually is soooo good playing a baddie. Can’t wait for his death lol assuming that happens

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:21 pm
Hold the door!

The first episode was decent but the following three put me to sleep and I never finished the fifth. Will try again after reading the first book.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]