Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier “The Star Spangled Man
I honestly felt like they were real dicks to John Walker. He and Lemar seemed like nice guys.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:11 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
I honestly felt like they were real dicks to John Walker. He and Lemar seemed like nice guys.

Indeed but that's expected because they are too proud to admit their mistakes and they are lashing out on him.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:05 am
Forum General

I'm already loving Wyatt Russel as John Walker who is alot more likable than I expected him to be, although that could all be a front and the Sam/Bucky dynamic was great too. The action in this episode was just as good as the previous episode IMO, but I am still enjoying the character interactions and drama the most.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:40 pm
The Kramer

New Cap was definitely trolling/using them. The line about having “Cap’s wingman back” was proof enough of that. He just happens to be tracking them during the big action scene too? This jabroni might as well be Mephisto.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:44 pm
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier “Power Broker”
Today’s episode wasn’t my favorite but still solid.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:07 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

This episode had so many plot holes. How can Sam promise a pardon? Zemo is super rich, since when? They recreated super soldier serum by introducing a new character and then extracting blood from him, okay.... We went to meet a scientist and the minute we kill him someone bombs it ONCE and leaves, why?

By the time action kicks in its just difficult to latch onto we-make-story-as-we-go-along format because yes they will eventually give some half baked reasons but it's not believable. The three actors though play each other really well and their conversations are tense and exciting.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:36 am
The Kramer

Not gonna lie, I was checked out for a lot of this episode. Why am I rooting for people who think busting Zemo out of prison is a good idea? Do these two have an allergy to phones? Call Pepper!!

And Sharon returning was cool, but also made me think about Steve Rogers making out with his niece. Are they ever gonna deal with that little bit of accidental incest?

Hate to be so negative towards a Marvel show, it’s still high quality, but I’m so glad this wasn’t the first one. Wandavision 100% deserved the bump.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:23 pm
Forum General

I enjoyed the last episode more, but Daniel Bruhl coming back as Zemo made the episode for me aswell as seeing Sharon Carter being a total badass. Zemo is such a underrated villian in this universe and I always thought Bruhl was great in the role. The Madripoor stuff was dope to me too as far as exploring more different and unique locations within the MCU and it also felt alot like something out of John Wick which was pretty cool.

I also loved that they didn't shy away from the violence in this episode either.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 pm
On autopilot for the summer

This is starting to get a very one note "run of the mill show you catch on TNT with actors you liked on another series" kind of vibe. Happy there is only 3 left.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:44 pm
100% That Bitch

Boooooooring how do they give us the best tv show of the year in WandaVision and the . immediately drop this?

Like I can't even believe the drop in quality.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:01 am
Hold the door!

It’s definitely not that bad lol, it’s easily as good as any of the Captain America movies. Yeah it’s not as different as WandaVision but there’s lots of solid character work and comics incorporation going on here.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:25 pm
Forum General

I mean I can understand how some people wouldn't enjoy this as much as WandaVision, but really they are such different shows that comparing the two just feels kind of pointless IMO.

The only thing I see both of them having in common is the amount of character development they are giving the characters which is what I appreciated the most about WandaVision anyways.

I love the fact that they are going us more variety though with these shows so far and I really do miss the more grounded and gritty stuff that we use to get in the MCU like TWS and CW and this feels like the perfect continuation from that world.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:30 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yeah this show is definitely a disappointment. Was nice to see Sharon again though.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:24 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
It’s definitely not that bad lol, it’s easily as good as any of the Captain America movies. Yeah it’s not as different as WandaVision but there’s lots of solid character work and comics incorporation going on here.

No way this is equal to CA movies.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:10 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Dil wrote:
I mean I can understand how some people wouldn't enjoy this as much as WandaVision, but really they are such different shows that comparing the two just feels kind of pointless IMO.

The only thing I see both of them having in common is the amount of character development they are giving the characters which is what I appreciated the most about WandaVision anyways.

I love the fact that they are going us more variety though with these shows so far and I really do miss the more grounded and gritty stuff that we use to get in the MCU like TWS and CW and this feels like the perfect continuation from that world.

Continuation and world building does not equate good. I do not think they had great idea behind these characters but the execution is top notch and the three actors make the most out of it. Having said that it's not engrossing enough when you keep making things out of thin air.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:12 pm

Yeah, and I'd argue that this no less outlandish than Wandavision (which took place in a bubble)

Breaking Zemo out by literally passing a note is some of the laziest writing the MCU has ever put out. And where was this fantastic city that looks like Wakanda and Bladerunner had a baby. And Carter never got pardoned? Just because it's a small budget doesn't mean you can claim "gritty realism." My biggest issue is we're halfway through and nothing has really happened. And the super soldier/ 16 year old girl doesn't work for me. Every time it's going in an interesting way it falls back to generic buddy comedy or one note action sequences (Though the fight scenes were the best here, but the Winter Soldier pretending to be the old Winter soldier was interesting and thought they'd address it, yet it cuts to the next scene, I did like the Carter action scene even though I don't understand her cameo (I guess the Nurse show as a rigorous schedule)

Don't really know what to make of Zemo.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm
Romosexual!

“DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!”

Yah a little wannabe ass bitch! :funny: #NotMyCap

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:37 am
Hold the door!

Post Re: Falcon & Winter Soldier “The Whole World is Watching”
I think this show mainly struggles with its weak villain. I don’t find any of the scenes with just Karli(of which there are many in the most recent episode) to be compelling. Erin Kellyman is a mediocre actress Disney is trying to shove down our throats.

She is the most glaring example, but I definitely feel like scenes that don’t involve Sam, Bucky or Zemo are filler.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:41 am
Forum General

Man I really loved this episode. I know you guys aren't big on it, but this is the kind of stuff I want to see more of from Marvel aswell as other genre work. I agree that the stuff with The Flagsmasher's isn't the most interesting or compelling, but I don't mind the actress playing Karli.

I still stand by what I said before though about the character drama in this show being aces, especially when it comes to Bucky with that great opening scene.

The John Walker turn was something we all sort of expected, but I thought it was also handled really well and seeing the shield covered in blood gave me all kinds of chills.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:49 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

After the last episode I have lost a lot of interest in the series. Might still finish the episode tomorrow but not really looking forward to it.

I agree with Dil the titular characters and actors play each other well and I know the show is all up for showing die-hard fans some of those small scenes of fan service which it does very well. Having said that without a hook each episode like Wandavision or compelling story (even justification for its existence) its very difficult to be excited for a new episode.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:15 am
Extraordinary

I'm really enjoying the show. A lot darker than I was expecting ehich I'm into.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 pm
Hold the door!

The show tries really hard to make Karli sympathetic but murder of innocents means you’re on the bad side, sorry.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm
The Kramer

Much better than last week.

I think Sharon is the Power Broker.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:03 am

Well that seemed pretty obvious when no one addressed who killed that chick and Sharon just appeared and said who killed Helga? or whatever her name was. And now she has access to a few satellites?

Really good episode, I still lose interest every time Karli is on screen though. This was definitely the best of the episodes so far.

I wonder if they could make a show about people while being blipped. They could almost make it Marvel's version of Lost or the 4400. I liked when it seemed like Wandavision was hinting at Mutants were a result of humans coming back to life. Sounded like the only reasonable way to fast track them, even if it does mess with the origins.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:08 am
The Kramer

I really liked the scene in the most recent episode where Carli and her soon-to-be-dead side kick were talking about her being worthy of the shield. It was dumb and made no sense since she is a terrorist killing innocent people, but atleast it gave her something. Now the show is about all the different ways modern America can be viewed, none of them living up to the near perfect Utopic vision of Steve Rogers. That’s why I’m 100% convinced that, after they’re done duking it out with each other, these four are gonna have to team up against a greater threat. An Agatha All Along. A girl who might feel shitty about being thrown under the bus for these two schmos while also having to deal with the fact that the guy she liked left her to go back in time and be with her aunt.

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next