Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Wandavision 
Hold the door!

Post Wandavision
Figured I’d start a thread for discussion of the upcoming Marvel Disney Plus content that starts on Friday with WandaVision episode 1-2, and then continues throughout the year with maybe a week’s break here and there.

I am so excited for WandaVision, looks very unique, though I wish they’d release these whole seasons at once.

Last edited by zwackerm on Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:39 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Marvel Disney Plus Thread- Wandavision Episode 1-2
Wandavision looks so weird and cool. I'll be staying up late tomorrow.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:43 pm
Hold the door!

It’s supposed to literally have a sitcom structure with a laugh track for the first few episodes and then slowly become something else by the end of the season. Sounds bizarre enough just to work.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yep very excited to see this, looks amazing. Its confirmed to have 9 episodes each of 30 minutes length, with a weekly release of an episode the final episode of Season 1 to air on March 5th.

A week or two later Falcon and Winter Soldier series starts followed by Loki.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:23 pm
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Yep very excited to see this, looks amazing. Its confirmed to have 9 episodes each of 30 minutes length, with a weekly release of an episode the final episode of Season 1 to air on March 5th.

A week or two later Falcon and Winter Soldier series starts followed by Loki.

The first 3 are a half hour, the following 6 are varied in length.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:15 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Ah yes. I remember the series was initially 6 episodes of about 40 minutes but then they spilt them into 9 episodes. You are right the rest of episodes are marked between 30-40 minutes.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm
The Kramer

Loved episode 1. Very funny.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:38 am
Indiana Jones IV

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. It really works as a kooky 50s style sitcom while at the same time teasing us with something bigger going on, poking through the sitcom setting from time to time.

I also loved seeing Emma Caulfield in this.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:43 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I also loved the setting for the first 2 episodes, not all jokes landed though overall I liked Episode 1 better than the two. They deliver the 50's sitcom style to perfection as promised from the trailers. There is definitely something sinister going on but I felt it just wasn't teased enough here but I am eager to see what's going to happen in next 7 episodes.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 am
Extraordinary

Um wow this is brilliant so far. So happy the MCU can make something like this.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 pm
Forum General

I didn't love the first episode, but the second episode really did it for me. Paul Bettany's performance in this show so far is amazing and he has such fantastic chemistry with Lizzie Olsen.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:15 pm
On autopilot for the summer

The first was a little iffy, the second was better. I guess it's really going to come down to the payoff. As a pilot, I'd say it was little more than a novelty like the Thor roommate shorts. I'm not sure if the weekly roll out works for a show like this, might lose some casual fans, not knowing more is to come.

Was the man on the radio Dr. Strange?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:43 pm
The Kramer

People have been speculating that it was Randall Park’s FBI character from Ant-Man and the Wasp. I couldn’t really tell though.

My biggest question: is a villain doing this to Wanda or is Wanda using her powers to create an alternate reality? She doesn’t seem aware of it, but finding out that your boyfriend was the only one The Avengers didn’t bring back with the second snap might cause one to go a little crazy. Weren’t there some rumors about making Scarlett Witch the main antagonist of phase 4? They need to do something wild to set up the X-Men after all...

Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:12 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was great and I'm excited to see what happens with it.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:20 am
Profile YIM

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
People have been speculating that it was Randall Park’s FBI character from Ant-Man and the Wasp. I couldn’t really tell though.

My biggest question: is a villain doing this to Wanda or is Wanda using her powers to create an alternate reality? She doesn’t seem aware of it, but finding out that your boyfriend was the only one The Avengers didn’t bring back with the second snap might cause one to go a little crazy. Weren’t there some rumors about making Scarlett Witch the main antagonist of phase 4? They need to do something wild to set up the X-Men after all...

Well here has always been a question for me with Endgame. Where did Rodgers put the Mind Stone back to? Even though they took it from Loki's Staff in New York, and I assume they put it back so Ultron happened, Quicksilver dies and Scarlet Witch becomes good, wouldn't they still have it in the present?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:18 am
Indiana Jones IV

Thegun wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:

Well here has always been a question for me with Endgame. Where did Rodgers put the Mind Stone back to? Even though they took it from Loki's Staff in New York, and I assume they put it back so Ultron happened, Quicksilver dies and Scarlet Witch becomes good, wouldn't they still have it in the present?

With everything going the way things had gone, Thanos would still have obtained the Mind Gem and eventually used the gauntlet to destroy them all.

And all the snap did was bring back those who had been erased by the snap - Vision was killed before it happened, Black Widow died afterwards. Neither was brought back. They very specifically stated they'd only bring those who got snapped.

As for what's going on, I'm guessing it's a villain who has a hand in all this, but it's Wanda's powers creating her own prison. The fact that she was able to rewind her reality and change what happened made her own hand in this fairly obvious. Going by what happened in the comics, my bet is on Mephisto (aka basically Marvel's version of the devil) as the big bad behind this, using Wanda's vast powers to pursue his own nefarious ends.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 am

I understand that, black widow and main timeline Gamora, all those who died in battle are gone, but they were both the “soul for the soul stone” game. I guess my thought was couldn’t the girl from Black Panther reinstall the mind stone into vision? He was powered by the stone, so can’t they just put it back in the head. Wasn’t the point of IW to try and make them function separately, but they didn’t have enough time. The mind stone is no longer destroyed so isn’t there someway to re upload him. It could add to the villain idea if it isn’t done properly.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 pm
The Kramer

Well through their time travel shenanigans they brought back Gamora and Loki. Vision and Heimdell were the only real casualties from Infinity War.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:13 pm
Hold the door!

I preferred episode one, the novelty of the structure wore off quickly and the second episode wasn’t as funny. According to critics, who saw the first three, the third is where the twist comes. It will be good to be done with this sitcom structure early.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:38 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I do agree on the point Thegun brought that it might loose some action oriented casual audience with a weekly release.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:47 am
Indiana Jones IV

Thegun wrote:
The mind stone is no longer destroyed so isn’t there someway to re upload him. It could add to the villain idea if it isn’t done properly.

It IS destroyed though? They went back in time to gather the stones because Thanos destroyed them. Then once they were done Steve went back in time to put it back where they got it from, which would eventually see the mind stone destroyed again. When it comes to bringing Vision back, I think Wanda's powers originating from the stone is the only way to go.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:16 pm

Hmm,

my take. It's not destroyed because Thano's would never have snapped his finger a second time to destroy them. But with No Vision and No Loki staff it's left on its own with no location in the end. Same with the Soul Stone as Black Widow is still dead, Strange has the Time Stone, Collector has Ether, and Loki has the Tesseract ironically in both timelines (he had it before Infinity War, and he has when he jumps ship in End Game) I don't know where the Guardians one is because wouldn't the planet still be destroyed because the snap only effected the ones who disappeared?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:23 pm
100% That Bitch

this slays and I cant wait for it to go batshit crazy

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:57 pm
The Kramer

So Wanda is definitely doing some morally questionable things here and is semi aware of it. At least she didn’t kill poor “Geraldine”.

I wish they posted two episodes every week.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:56 am
Indiana Jones IV

Thegun wrote:
Hmm,

my take. It's not destroyed because Thano's would never have snapped his finger a second time to destroy them.

But he did. Everything they did in Endgame happened after he destroyed the stones, and they had to do it the way they did (plucking the stones from the past) because he destroyed the stones. Their goal was then to restore everyone turned to dust by the first snap, which did not include any of the stones, Vision or Black Widow. After that, every stone was put back where they got it from, so the events of Infinity War and subsequent destruction of the stones could happen.

Anyway...

Loved episode 3. Wish we'd get the Netflix treatment of EVERYTHING AT ONCE, but I can appreciate the weekly schedule too. It builds a sense of anticipation and adds a level of excitement that a binge-session just doesn't offer.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next