Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
If you have a general idea of the DC characters you don't need to watch other series. BTW Arrow's first season is among the best of the bunch (possibly Flash is the only consistent series among all of them with great seasons and arcs throughout). Arrow is still decent till Season 5 but after that it will be a slogfest to continue till the finale. Long advice short try to first see if you can continue with Season 2 and still enjoy it. Flash is also recommended but I wouldn't recommend other series (maybe Supergirl first season). As for Arrowverse best not to watch all of them just the marked episodes in other series instead.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:59 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I loved "Arrow" for like four seasons or so, but it lost me somewhere around then. The first couple of seasons are great and super entertaining. It got too convoluted and tied into the other DC shows that are on The CW, which is an overarching problem with that franchise.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:45 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I watched five episodes of "Modern Love" season 2 and really enjoying it. The episode with Kit Harrington and Lucy Boynton was lovely and they had great chemistry. So many fun Sing Street cameos this year! Will probably finish tomorrow and also watch the season finale of "Schmigadoon" and the Christmas episode of "Ted Lasso."

Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:19 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

"Modern Love" was great this season aside from the Anna Paquin/Garrett Hedlund episode, which was horrible and didn't work at all. The others were lovely.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:34 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

"American Horror Stories" is hilariously bad. I love Billie Lourd but her performance in the standalone episode she starred in was cringe-worthy to be honest.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:22 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just finished "The White Lotus." Amazing finale and season. Definitely one of the year's best.

Honestly the entire cast deserves awards recognition, but Alexandra Daddario fucking crushed it with this series. I'm officially a huge fan.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Profile YIM
Star Trek XI

thompsoncory wrote:
Just finished "The White Lotus." Amazing finale and season. Definitely one of the year's best.

Honestly the entire cast deserves awards recognition, but Alexandra Daddario fucking crushed it with this series. I'm officially a huge fan.

YES!!!! I hope she gets Emmy consideration because she was amazing in this episode!! Murray Bartlett is a close second.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:37 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's really hard to pick favorites because good lord the entire ensemble was so good. This is the kind of show those Ensemble awards are created for. I can't even choose favorites because every actor had such rich, great material throughout the run. It's my favorite Connie Britton turn since "Friday Night Lights," Coolidge brought it, Bartlett brought it, Daddario was revelatory, Lacy was perfectly cast, Sweeney and O'Grady were fantastic, Rothwell was heartbreaking, Hechinger was hopeful and winsome, Zahn was hilarious, Shannon was a super fun presence.

See I listed all of them :funny:

Realistically though I'd say Coolidge and Bartlett are locks for Emmy noms. Probably Connie Britton too. I really hope Daddario sneaks in though, would be really great for her career - I think she'll be on a lot of studio executive lists going forward after this performance regardless. So impressive and really shows you shouldn't pigeonhole any actor.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:44 am
Profile YIM
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thanks Jack and thompsoncory.

Going to start S2 of Arrow and see how it goes. If you both say the first 4/5 seasons are great, I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy it since I liked S1.

Also sort of fun to watch shows from around 2012 or so (for the first time) before social media, smart phones, and various other "modern" technology and such things really became the norm. One of those few years sort of caught in a weird place as technology really exploded. Tommy told Laurel not to use the minutes on her phone in one episode in S1 made me chuckle. And the dated pop culture references when Oliver interacts with various people is pretty funny now too.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The White Lotus is pretty entertaining/stylish through 1 episode, and Daddario has never looked better

I tried Kevin Can Fuck Himself and wasn't feeling it - the sitcom parodies were cool but the non-sitcom parts were lifeless

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:39 pm
Quality is a great business plan

Corpse wrote:
Thanks Jack and thompsoncory.

Going to start S2 of Arrow and see how it goes. If you both say the first 4/5 seasons are great, I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy it since I liked S1.

Also sort of fun to watch shows from around 2012 or so (for the first time) before social media, smart phones, and various other "modern" technology and such things really became the norm. One of those few years sort of caught in a weird place as technology really exploded. Tommy told Laurel not to use the minutes on her phone in one episode in S1 made me chuckle. And the dated pop culture references when Oliver interacts with various people is pretty funny now too.

Season 2 has a great arc and I really liked it. Season 3 was not as good as Season 2 but there were some good parts. I did not like Season 4(either the main antagonist or the arc). Season 5 was very good. Even better than Season 3. Beyond that the series goes downhill though there were few episodes which kind of worked. It did not finish very well for obvious reasons(watch the final arrowverse episodes to figure out). I enjoyed crossover episodes in 1st few seasons but they later were not that interesting.

Flash also started well but its gone way too long. Now its not good at all. All the shows sucked.

I used to be shawman.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:16 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I had to drop "Kevin Can Fuck Himself." Couldn't bring myself to care about it or anything that was happening on it. I hope Annie Murphy moves on to better things.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:35 pm
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:
The White Lotus is pretty entertaining/stylish through 1 episode, and Daddario has never looked better

Finished this already - nice series, excellent cast. I'm gonna check out Enlightened

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:17 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mare of Easttown - Winslet is mainly what separates this from a standard blue collar/gritty/IS THAT MY DAUGHTER IN THERRRE type crime drama. Interested to see who did it though and end of second episode twist got me.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:25 pm
The Kramer

Ten years late, but Gravity Falls is very enjoyable.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Indeed. I've rewatched it numerous times and have it on in the background when working sometimes. Disney Television Animation's best show ever.

DTA (thanks to a few excellent creators and writers, including Gravity Fall's Alex Hirsch, that continue to collaborate on each other's shows for 5+ years now) has a number of good/great shows that probably get skipped by adults that'd probably enjoy them. These creators/writers also aren't afraid to call Disney out publicly when conflict over the content (usually when things get too dark/mature for their brand) arise. And they've largely won out over Disney's control attempts, presumably because of the quality content the creators have been giving them (to compete with Cartoon Network's strong output?) in return for creative control. .

Gravity Falls is the very best though, so anything else is going to be a noticeable drop off. You'd probably enjoy Star vs. the Forces of Evil, though. Seems like it may be up your alley. The Owl House (currently in season 2) is also really good.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I finished "Brand New Cherry Flavor" which was fun. Enjoyed the cast and premise. Catherine Keener and Rosa Salazar were great.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

"American Horror Stories" is the worst series of the year so far. Just so atrocious. I can't believe I watched every episode lol. It was so self-indulgent.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:08 am
Profile YIM
100% That Bitch

The White Lotus, yes.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:12 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I just did "The Chair" over the past few days, which was a fun and occasionally hilarious stealth rom-com. Sandra Oh, Jay Duplass and Holland Taylor were all great.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:54 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm three episodes into "Mr. Corman" and it's...fine? There's nothing objectively bad about it, it just feels pointless.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:16 pm
Profile YIM
Dont Mess with the Gez

thompsoncory wrote:
"American Horror Stories" is the worst series of the year so far. Just so atrocious. I can't believe I watched every episode lol. It was so self-indulgent.

Yes it’s rubbish.

Though really liking the season 10 of AHS proper.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:38 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yeah, the first two episodes of the proper series were decent.

Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:56 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

"Heels" on Starz is quite good to be honest. Reminds me a lot of "Friday Night Lights."

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:13 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

thompsoncory wrote:
"Heels" on Starz is quite good to be honest. Reminds me a lot of "Friday Night Lights."
I’m 100% gonna watch this, just waiting on all the episodes to go up.

Starting The White Lotus next.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 32  Next