Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
I started "Yellowjackets" last night and watched two episodes. It's great so far.

Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:30 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

It's tacky and was obviously gonna happen, but I love that Cowboy Bebop recreated the original opening. 3, 2, 1 - let's jam!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:25 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just did the first two episodes of "And Just Like That." Surprising twists and turns but I love these characters so I enjoyed it a lot.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:18 am
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Three episodes into Bebop and yeah I definitely see the problem and its name is Vicious. Instead of being a chaotic recurring character, he is in every episode and is a lot more emo than his name would let on. I have no idea what they're doing with Julia. Every time the show cuts to them it elicits an audible groan from the audience (I assume.)

A shame, since I think the casting for Spike, Jet and Ein was great. Faye is still up in the air since they changed her story too, but it might end up being for the better.

Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:05 pm
Wallflower

Watched the second season of Emily in Paris which continues to be a fun escape.

Then I just finished the second half of the final season of Pen15. I honestly struggled to get through it. It's much more somber than it has ever been and while both characters have always been a bit grating I think these episodes were when I concluded that I hate Maya. She's absolutely insufferable most of the time. I found myself wanting her to get hit by a car or something. I didn't really enjoy these final episodes at all until the last one. The second half of the finale is pretty perfect. I was especially thrilled at the sweet moment between Maya and Sam. Was hoping something would happen with them before the show ended. Also the final moments between Anna and Maya were great. So while overall I wasn't a fan of the final few episodes I'm satisfied with the end of it. I would even welcome revisiting these characters again one day.

This is a really difficult show to recommend though. At times I totally loved it but the characters can absolutely be a chore to spend time with. I have told people to watch it before and as far as I know only one friend gave it a try and couldn't get into it and that's understandable. It's definitely not going to be for everyone.

Before the new episodes I was bummed to hear they were going to be the final episodes of the show. But now I'm ok with it.

Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:16 am
The Kramer

The Witcher is so boring yet I feel compelled to keep watching it. Damn you Cavill! Though I did have to turn it off halfway through the first episode and watch Mission Impossible Fallout in full for the 100th time before resuming.

I don't get why Bebop failed while this is such a smashing success. Bebop isn't any better, but also not worse and it has a way cooler theme song!!

Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:55 am
Forum General

Very happy the first thing I watched in 2022 was Return To Hogwarts. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Gave two new shows a shot this week: Good Sam and The Cleaning Lady. Turned both off at ten minutes.

The Cleaning Lady doesn't have an interesting premise to follow so I didn't feel compelled to even finish the pilot. I got the gist of what was coming. Nothing extraordinary and no performances worth following.

Good Sam. Cranky yet brilliant doctor, his spunky daughter, also a doctor. The usual medical drama shenanigans. Nothing worth watching that hasn't been done to better degree on either House or Grey's Anatomy. And Sophia Bush is not a compelling lead here, while Jason Isaacs is no Hugh Laurie. Miscast on both fronts.

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:43 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

"And Just Like That" is a fucking mess, and I was an apologist for the films. I'll keep watching but the writing is so bad.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:49 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
"And Just Like That" is a fucking mess, and I was an apologist for the films. I'll keep watching but the writing is so bad.

Yeah I'm really not all that into it. Loved Sex and the City but this doesn't come close to that. It's a little boring.

Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:21 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Finally finished PEN15." Great series and I'm sad it's over. The end of the finale was GREAT.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:20 am
Profile YIM
New Server, Same X

Mister Ecks wrote:
Gave two new shows a shot this week: Good Sam and The Cleaning Lady. Turned both off at ten minutes.

The Cleaning Lady doesn't have an interesting premise to follow so I didn't feel compelled to even finish the pilot. I got the gist of what was coming. Nothing extraordinary and no performances worth following.

Good Sam. Cranky yet brilliant doctor, his spunky daughter, also a doctor. The usual medical drama shenanigans. Nothing worth watching that hasn't been done to better degree on either House or Grey's Anatomy. And Sophia Bush is not a compelling lead here, while Jason Isaacs is no Hugh Laurie. Miscast on both fronts.

Continuing my unnecessary desire to watch network television, I checked out the pilot for The CW's Naomi. I actually finished it! It was fine. If you like any of The CW superhero shows, it fits in. No desire to keep going but I liked the visual style of it.

Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:48 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

The "Yellowjackets" finale was disappointing but I thought it was a great first season overall.

I just binged "Wolf Like Me" which I thought was really delightful.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 am
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

I started Yellowjackets and it's annoying me how much is set in the present and pre plane crash so far. I just want them them to get to the wilderness and girls soccer team Lord of the Flies.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:02 am
Sbil

Shack wrote:
I started Yellowjackets and it's annoying me how much is set in the present and pre plane crash so far. I just want them them to get to the wilderness and girls soccer team Lord of the Flies.

The 1996 timeline is only in the pre plane crash during the pilot, the other 9 episodes are the wilderness.

Speaking of...Yellowjackets is my favorite now show of the last few years. It's been a while since I was so absorbed and instantly hooked. I can't wait until season 2, season 1 left me really wanting more.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:32 pm
Wallflower

I'll keep watching "And Just Like That" but honestly it sucks. Another rebooted show that's just a shell of its former self. The storylines suck. Che is fucking annoying. It's a shame Kim Cattrall is a bitch and hates everyone from the show because man could it use Samantha.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:49 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's hilariously bad. And yes Che is maybe the worst character ever.

I finished "Search Party" season 5 over the weekend. It was honestly hugely disappointing though I liked the last two episodes. Such a weird tonal shift for what had been a pretty flawless series for 4 seasons prior. Episode 8 in particular was insufferable. But I'll definitely miss the characters.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:47 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
It's hilariously bad. And yes Che is maybe the worst character ever.

Just on this show? Because I kind of feel like Hannah on Girls is the worst character ever. I have been in the process of finishing that over the weekend. I left off years ago during Season 5.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:38 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Season 5 of "Girls" was like an all-time great TV season.

I still don't think Alison Williams got enough praise for her performance on that series. "The Panic in Central Park" is one of my favorite TV episodes of all time.

Meanwhile Jessa might actually be the worst character ever. I can't even watch Jemima Kirke in anything without cringing because I found that character so repulsive.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:08 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Omg I started Yellowjackets s couple days ago and am on the finale. Such a crazy entertaining show, I love it so far. Hoping the finale lives up to the rest of it

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

Got semi back into the Morning Show and I enjoy some scenes and guest stars like Marguiles as the power lesbian role that they tried to cancel her for, but I have no idea what they're going for plot wise in this season compared to season 1 having the Mitch/MeToo thing at the centerpiece.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:01 pm
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
Season 5 of "Girls" was like an all-time great TV season.

I still don't think Alison Williams got enough praise for her performance on that series. "The Panic in Central Park" is one of my favorite TV episodes of all time.

Meanwhile Jessa might actually be the worst character ever. I can't even watch Jemima Kirke in anything without cringing because I found that character so repulsive.

Honestly as much as I enjoy Allison Williams I thought Marnie was seriously awful too. I haven't minded her much lately though. Jessa also sucks lol. This show has the most unlikeable characters I swear. The main male characters are also obnoxious. I will forever hate Adam Driver because of this show. Maybe I would have anyway. I can't stand his voice and stupid face. I'm a couple episodes into season 6 though and have to say I'm liking this season. Seems like it might end nicely.

Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:22 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:
Got semi back into the Morning Show and I enjoy some scenes and guest stars like Marguiles as the power lesbian role that they tried to cancel her for, but I have no idea what they're going for plot wise in this season compared to season 1 having the Mitch/MeToo thing at the centerpiece.

Much like the first season this got really good around the 6-8 episode mark

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:51 pm
Wallflower

I've been watching Pivoting which is enjoyable. I was hesitant to start it because the ratings have been awful so it probably won't get another season. But whatever I'm going to watch the episodes they do make.

Also watched 2 episodes of The Woman in the House.... I like it. I'm a big Kristen Bell fan though and she's the reason it works for me. She's very good. I think ones enjoyment of it will depend how much they like her. If it were a lead I didn't care much for it would probably be pretty uninteresting.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:51 am
Star Trek XI

Magic Mike wrote:
I'll keep watching "And Just Like That" but honestly it sucks. Another rebooted show that's just a shell of its former self. The storylines suck. Che is fucking annoying. It's a shame Kim Cattrall is a bitch and hates everyone from the show because man could it use Samantha.

I've watched the first episode and will probably finish the season but yeah it's just okay, I'll probably change my tune further along. I'm surprised so many here are so positive about the Gossip Girl reboot. Totally fine to like and enjoy it but personally, while I've only seen the first episode to be fair (not gonna even bother with the rest), god it is annoying, not remotely similar to (in style or quality) as the original and the more I hear about what happens in it the less I like it.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next