Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Forum General

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
I watched Selina: The Series over the weekend and thought it was alright at best. I didn't have a problem with any of the performances, but holy crap did it look and feel cheap for a Netflix show. It was so distracting watching each episode and seeing the production values get worse and while I have always had a mad crush on Christian Serratos she never felt enough like Selina IMO even though she's still fine in the role.

Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:08 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I'm almost done with How to Get Away with Murder Season 5, will finish Season 6 this week.

Also started to re-watch Community and I really forgot how good this series was. All episodes in Season 1 are so very good

Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:23 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

"Saved By The Bell" was so fantastic. One of the best comedies of the year.

Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:51 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

Season 1 of Community finished and Season 2 continues even more of the innovative story-telling, just watched "The Bottle Episode" of Season 2, so cool :thumbsup:

Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:48 am
Star Trek XI

One episode in and I’m already OBSESSED with The Undoing!!!! Nicole is great as usual and I can’t wait to binge the rest, that “in the weeks ahead” promo was soooo delicious and juicy! Even though I’ve heard the finale/culprit is kind of weak I’m still hooked and will watch for the performances of nothing else

Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 pm
Forum General

I've been binging quite a few shows lately and one that really stood out to me was Pennyworth which is actually a pretty badass show and now I can't wait for Season 2 to start.

I also enjoyed a little Japanese show called Alice in Borderland, although a lot of my enjoyment of it might also probably be because I've watching a lot of similar Asian/Korean shows lately.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:46 pm
Wallflower

Watched the Spanish limited series Someone Has To Die on Netflix. I was enraged most of the time and wanted so many characters to die horrible, violent deaths. But I'd recommend it. It's pretty well-done and engrossing and very easy to watch in one sitting. Wish it were longer. The story itself is not an easy watch though. It's horrifying and sad. I know people don't want to see depressing gay movies/shows anymore. And I get that. But I believe it's important not to forget just how far we've come and how lucky we are. My heart breaks for those who weren't so lucky.

On a side note, it would be nice to see Elite's Ester Expósito in a role where she's not the C word. She's basically playing the same character as Elite here.

Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:18 pm
New Server, Same X

I've been watching A Teacher every week on FX. It starts a bit slow and predictable, but I like the direction of the last two episodes. It's ironic though that this would make for a better movie, and the movie upon which it's based sounds like it sucked.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:50 pm
The Kramer

The new Stand doesn’t look very good, but I’m already paying for the CBS app (go Browns!), so might as well check it out.

Still think they should make it into a movie sometime over the next few years. It would be huge if the box office ever gets going again.

Edit*- It is OK. Not terrible, not great, I wouldn’t be sad if I saw no more episodes, but may continue on. I’m not sure how troubled I am by them making Harold the lead. He is so insufferable in the book but obviously the show runners found a way to relate. It’s kinda creepy, but at least a new take on the material.

Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:41 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I definitely jumped on the Crown bandwagon. Did the first 3 seasons in about 2 weeks, and am loving the actress who is playing Diana. I thought the recasting was going to bother me, but after about 1 episode, it's better to think of the series as a series of short films. I love how they make the most trivial things so intense. It's more in the vein of JFK where its so slick and factual enough that you overlook a lot of the fact/fiction blend. Loved the eery fog episode in the middle of the pandemic, and quite a bit of modern parallel.

And poor Prince Charles. While he's not so much a villain (I leave that to Tommy) watching it you are thankful Elizabeth is still alive. I like the new Phillip but it would have been fun to see Paul Bettany in the role. Excited for Jonathan Pryce.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:01 pm
Veteran

Star Wars Discovery
The Expanse

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:23 am
Veteran

lilmac wrote:
I’ll start..

1. The Crown
Yellowstone
Silicon Valley
See
Mr. Robot
Watchmen
Castle Rock
Peaky Blinders
Sneaky Pete
Catastrophe
Jack Ryan
12. The Mandalorian
The Morning Show
Rick and Morty

It's taking me years to finish Catastrophe. :D It's not like there are alot of episodes but I keep forgetting about it.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:39 pm
Star Trek XI

Loving The Flight Attendant! Seen the first two episodes and can't wait to watch the rest!! Kaley Cuoco should be in Emmy's consideration

Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:39 pm
Wallflower

Watched and enjoyed the new Saved By The Bell.

Now I'm watching that 2003 show Miss Match with Alicia Silverstone. It's such a delight. I enjoyed it then. They only ever aired the first 7 episodes (in the US anyway) but there are 18. I don't even think I watched the last couple they aired on TV. Bummed it never got a DVD release and even more bummed it was cancelled. I'd definitely buy this if by some miracle it's ever released on DVD. Unfortunately it's unlikely. I wish Netflix would pick up seasons of old cancelled shows like this. Tru Calling would be another one I'd like to see make its way to streaming.

Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:03 am
The Kramer

Why is Lyra suddenly a complete dumbass on Dark Materials? It’s making the show more frustrating than it should ever be. Only three episodes in, so hopefully this goes somewhere but I feel like her bad decisions and inability to speak coherently have no purpose other than plot stalling.

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:20 pm
Forum General

I just got done binging The final seasons of both Vikings and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I was pretty meh on the final season of Vikings, but I wasn't expecting much anyways considering how downhill that show has been over the last couple of seasons, but I really am going to miss The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.

I'm looking forward to binging all of Cobra Kai: Season 3 tomorrow though.

Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:42 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Cobra Kai Season 3 was great bringing the energy and fun from Season 1 back.

I also finished all of Community. This series was so good, I wish it was a bigger hit and they can reboot or have the promised movie sometime.

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:27 am
The Kramer

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Why is Lyra suddenly a complete dumbass on Dark Materials? It’s making the show more frustrating than it should ever be. Only three episodes in, so hopefully this goes somewhere but I feel like her bad decisions and inability to speak coherently have no purpose other than plot stalling.
I figured this out. Despite doing basically the same things she did in the book, Lyra (and Will) seemed way more like idiots because the showed aged them up. I guess I can forgive a 13 year old leaving her most precious possession in the car of an obvious villain more than a 15/16 year old doing the same thing. :funny:

Season 2 was overall just OK. Despite the fact that the actual movie was terrible, I think these books belong in that form to build up the epic conclusions.

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:32 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I just started watching Atlanta season 1 (almost done with it) and its good and can get behind the acting awards even though I don't think it works as a comedy. Donald Glover is really good in it.

After Community I have started The Ranch for my daily comedy. Its predictable but decent enough thanks to strong performances and a surprisingly emotional story.

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:08 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Finished Atlanta Season 2 and it continues to be brilliant.

I also finished the final part of Sabrina and this series nails the atmosphere and keeps surprising at every turn. The final episode/season overall wasn't as great but Season 4 was paced better than Season 3 and Season 2.

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:50 pm
Forum General

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Finished Atlanta Season 2 and it continues to be brilliant.

I also finished the final part of Sabrina and this series nails the atmosphere and keeps surprising at every turn. The final episode/season overall wasn't as great but Season 4 was paced better than Season 3 and Season 2.

I definitely think it was better paced than the previous seasons, but I'm already hearing alot of people were dissapointed with the ending which I can't blame them for. That's what happens when a show gets abruptly canceled as well, because I doubt they planned it to end that way, but I still enjoyed the season overall.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Indeed the ending was very disappointing specially because they already brought folks back from hell. But yeah it was clear that this wasn't an actual ending.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:51 pm
Wallflower

I started watching Skam today. Decided to start with Skam France. I made it to Season 2/episode 5. I'm enjoying it a lot. U.S. Netflix seriously needs to acquire this series somehow. Would do very well on there. I'm watching it on YouTube.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:52 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Finally started watching Away today will mostly binge it tonight. The second episode was really tense and great. Hilary Swank and Josh Charles are both great in this.

Also binged The Undoing last night. Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant are both GREAT in this. The story specially the ending isn't but the actors make proceedings tense and interesting.

The Ranch Part 2 got better Debra Winger and Sam Elliott play each other really well and while predictable the series handles things very well. Its not as funny but that's part of the charm.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:08 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Away was only good when it focused on space adventure unfortunately its not too much and it settles down into a generic family drama instead.

Starting Season 2 of Monarca today. I liked Season 1 which ended with a promise of bigger political drama so I hope it gets better this season.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 32  Next