Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Wallflower

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
I watched all of Hollywood. I thought it was honestly pretty great. I think industry stuff is fascinating in addition to the glamour of old Hollywood so it was right up my alley. Finally a Ryan Murphy project that didn't fizzle out before the end. Easily one of the best things he's done.

Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:01 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I despised that series lol

Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

Watched Firefly Lane last weekend. That was decent.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 am

Marvel films, as doctor strange or iron man i saw last weekend :D !

Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:50 am
Forum General

Finished both The Stand and Your Honor and while The Stand goes off the rails towards the end I honestly did enjoy it for the most part. Your Honor is a pretty great Mini-Series though with a fantastic central performance from Cranston who is playing a very different character then he played in Breaking Bad, but is still a badass IMO.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:31 pm
Star Trek XI

Magic Mike wrote:

How is Katherine Heigl? I love her and want to read the book first but there’s such a long wait at the library that I might just watch the show first haha

Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:21 pm
The Kramer

I tried Warrior on HBO and meh. I love martial arts stuff, but the pilot was so been there/done that and all the fights ended after a single super punch.

So I went back to The West Wing. The 'Zoey gets kidnapped' plot was so absurd that it turned me off of it for a little while, but midway through season 5 they seem to have righted the ship. Rob Lowe is definitely missed, but I like how they fill out the guest star list with a bunch of people who I know from things they did in the future. What up Secretary Locke? Is the Vice President gonna kill people over some weed? When will the new assistant woman start yelling at Tony Stark about her son dying in Sokovia? Hopefully these things will be answered.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:49 pm
Wallflower

j_forest23 wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:

How is Katherine Heigl? I love her and want to read the book first but there’s such a long wait at the library that I might just watch the show first haha

She's good. I'd probably just watch the show. Usually if you read the source material first you're disappointed in the adaptation of it. Personally I like to read them after watching a movie/show. I'm not usually disappointed that way. But that's just me.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:20 am
The Kramer

Is there anything good on Epix? I got a two month trial for it. Forest Whittaker's Godfather of Harlem looks good, but reviews aren't amazing. And even though I'm a huge Batman fan, I don't think I can watch a show about his butler's origin story. :funny:

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:25 pm
Forum General

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Is there anything good on Epix? I got a two month trial for it. Forest Whittaker's Godfather of Harlem looks good, but reviews aren't amazing. And even though I'm a huge Batman fan, I don't think I can watch a show about his butler's origin story. :funny:

Godfather of Harlem is really solid and I actually enjoyed Pennyworth despite the fact it's the origin story of Alfred. Atleast they finally made him a badass in that show and I love the Guy Ritchie feel of it and I honestly can't wait for Season 2 to come back whenever that is in March.

I also just recently finished Your Honor which was great and very timely and I'm currently watching Walker with Jared Padalecki which honestly isn't that bad for a CW show. Jared solid in the role as Cordell even if he's definitely no Chuck Norris and Lindsey Morgan as his hot, badass partner is pretty great aswell.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 am
Hold the door!

I watched the Queens Gambit , great show. But I was confused by the Townes subplot. Apparently the scene in episode 3 was supposed to make it obvious that he was gay with his roommate. But I honestly did not see the subtext or how on earth the average viewer picks this up. The only clues I noticed were the roommate saying “dinner is at 9” and then the 2 smile at each other. But that could mean so many things. I’m excited to get dinner with friends that I’m not having sex with lol.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:08 am
Wallflower

Earlier I finished the limited series Behind Her Eyes on Netflix. Enjoyed it. The ending was crazy. And now I just finished Season 1 of Love & Anarchy on Netflix. I enjoyed it. Hope it gets a second season.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:42 am
New Server, Same X

Some of these new network series are rough. I had some high hopes for Kenan, but it's reminiscent of a lot of similar single camera comedies with a sort-of normal main character surrounded by sort-of oddball characters. Nothing is edgy enough one way or the other. It's super light and inoffensive, which is fine. But it's also super forgettable. Kenan Thompson is a bit like Fred Armisen. He works best in more outlandish roles, but just playing a subdued version of himself is underwhelming. He's right to stick with SNL for as long as he can. Chris Redd is decent but underused, and Don Johnson fills the "Oh, remember him?" veteran role that these shows tend to have.

Also watched Debris. Intrigued by the idea and some of the twists and turns, turned off by the god-awful acting. The lead guy plays it way too straight and wooden. And it's classic tidbit television. Every episode or two will drop little tidbits of interest and be surrounded by boring plots and lengthy streaks of word vomit (aka exposition).

Network TV still sucks.

On the plus side, I really love Resident Alien so far. Alan Tudyk is wonderful.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:01 pm
Forum General

Pacific Rim: The Black ended up being a really enjoyable anime. As a fan of the first film I'm glad they are able to do this franchise justice again, especially after how disappointing Uprising was.

I wasn't expecting much from it given how awful those Netflix Godzilla anime's were, but I loved it and hope that we get more quality Kaiju shows on that level.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:05 pm

going to start new American Gods but been told to go back to years and years.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:08 pm
Wallflower

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Generation on HBOMax. I'm enjoying it. Now to wait until next week for two more episodes.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:39 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I was considering watching but I despise Justice Smith and am now on the fence.

I'm on the finale of "Years and Years." It's not as brilliant as "It's A Sin" but it's fantastic.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:35 am
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I haven't seen much of anything with Justice Smith. I only know of him because of his parents. So I don't really have anything against him. Not yet anyway. :P

Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

He's not related to Will and Jada.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:41 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:

Oh shit. I was thinking he was Jaden Smith. :sweat: I've never seen anything with Jaden Smith either. :P

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:07 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Magic Mike wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:

Oh shit. I was thinking he was Jaden Smith. :sweat: I've never seen anything with Jaden Smith either. :P

He is in the Jurassic World series.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 pm
Wallflower

Ok well I've seen those I guess. :P Just don't remember him in them. Only watched those once.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

Servant Season 2 - solid start but always seems like a neat little experiment more than really knocking it out of the park. Love Lauren Ambrose and Rupert Grint, not sure about the actor who plays the husband

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:42 pm
The Kramer

South ParQ Vaccination Special was excellent.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:46 am
Devil's Advocate

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
South ParQ Vaccination Special was excellent.

That and the pandemic special were both great

Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next