Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Ted Lasso a very easy optimistic watch so far

Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:47 pm
Forum General

Damn Servant continues to be a great show even after finishing Season 2, but just like Season 1 it leaves me wanting so much more and definitely with more questions than answers.

I absolutely cannot wait for Season 3 though and where it goes from here.

Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

Dil wrote:
Damn Servant continues to be a great show even after finishing Season 2, but just like Season 1 it leaves me wanting so much more and definitely with more questions than answers.

I absolutely cannot wait for Season 3 though and where it goes from here.

I like it but sometimes it does feel like it's spinning its wheels, in part due to it being 95% in the same house

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:45 pm
Wallflower

Watching Ginny & Georgia. It's cute.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:17 am
New Server, Same X

Mister Ecks wrote:
Also watched Debris. Intrigued by the idea and some of the twists and turns, turned off by the god-awful acting. The lead guy plays it way too straight and wooden. And it's classic tidbit television. Every episode or two will drop little tidbits of interest and be surrounded by boring plots and lengthy streaks of word vomit (aka exposition).

So I kept going with Debris and I'm kind of into it. The two leads are still a bit forgettable, but I'm warming to them. It's no X-Files by any means, but it's kind of a decent substitute for Fringe. Makes sense this comes from one of Fringe's writers.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:21 am
Forum General

Watched the first three episodes that dropped for Invincible and I'm definitely hooked on it so far and will keep watching on a weekly basis. It's pretty much an animated version of The Boys, but alot more graphic and distrurbing when it comes to the violence which is what I kind of expected given the animated format.

I also binged the entire first season of American Gods which I enjoyed, but I'm in no rush to start Season 2 honestly. It's a good show, but I'm not loving it so far.

Also, for a Nickalodeon show the Are You Afraid of the Dark? reboot ended up being pretty solid IMO and now I'm kind of sad that it got cancelled, because I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:51 pm
New Server, Same X

Dil wrote:
Also, for a Nickalodeon show the Are You Afraid of the Dark? reboot ended up being pretty solid IMO and now I'm kind of sad that it got cancelled, because I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons.

Really? I hadn't realized a second season was out, so I looked it up and I don't see any news of its cancellation. An article from a week ago suggests it could be renewed due to the fanbase.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:27 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I’m excited for the return of Stabler and am enjoying the walking dead back (though I hated the princess episode, excited for the Negan episode) it’s been interesting in the covid setting, it’s all been small character stories.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:35 am
Wallflower

Dil wrote:

Where did you hear it was cancelled? That would be too bad. I loved the first season of the reboot. I gave up on Season 2 after 3 episodes. Just was not into this one and didn't care for the characters this time around. But maybe a third season would be better with a more interesting mystery. So I'm hoping it doesn't get axed.

I just finished Modern Family. Is it too soon for a reboot? :P I'm going to miss it. Really nice ending though.

Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:34 am
Forum General

Hopefully I jumped the gun on Are You Afraid of the Dark being cancelled since I'm mostly going by the IMDB info with it showing it ending in 2021, but maybe that's wrong.

I am also hoping Into the Dark isn't cancelled either, because I've really been enjoying that series even if the Season 2 finale was pretty in comparison to Season 1.

Creepshow Season 2 is off to a pretty great start though, although the Greg Nicotero episodes are easily the best IMO in terms of production values and quality.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:15 pm
New Server, Same X

Watching The Moodys. One of the most random Season 2 pickups ever. It plays like one of the hundreds of low-budget indie ensemble comedies that have been released in the last 15 years. Some recognizable names, a very, very dry, drab humour, nothing at all that even tries to be beyond mediocre.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:51 pm
New Server, Same X

Thegun wrote:
I’m excited for the return of Stabler and am enjoying the walking dead back (though I hated the princess episode, excited for the Negan episode) it’s been interesting in the covid setting, it’s all been small character stories.

I've forgiven these six episodes of TWD more than some, as I realize these are "bonus", character-driven episodes. I really liked the Gabriel/Aaron episode was the best, I thought the Princess episode was better than expected considering the awful reviews. The Daryl/Carol-centric episodes proved to me that it's a bad decision to give them their own show after TWD ends. If they were ever interesting characters, the writers squeezed every last bit of interest out of them long ago.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:54 pm

I liked the Daryl stuff, I feel like they have no idea where to take Carol now, she seemed way too bipolar in that episode.

I agree the best episodes were Negan, Aaron, Maggie, Daryl, then Princess and DCarol were subpar. But in all seriousness to Princess. We really needed a Rosita episode, and they probably should have brought back Michone or teased Rick in the pandemic episodes. But Rosita is strange, she's been absent for 10 episodes. She was like the third lead I thought.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:44 pm
New Server, Same X

Last night's episode of TWD is why I kept up with the show and why I'll see it through to the end.

Have they filmed the Rick movie(s) at all? I feel like that was meant to be filmed long before COVID. Wondering if it was filmed in secret or if the idea has been abandoned for now.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:15 pm

I think filming starts in the next two months, I think they were waiting for the show to officially map out its final season.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:56 am
Wallflower

I have one episode left of Years & Years.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:51 pm
Star Trek XI

Decided to start watching Succession before continuing my Gossip Girl rewatch, heard good things and it was referenced consistently in a book I just finished haha

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:03 pm
New Server, Same X

As someone who has never watched Law & Order on a regular basis, I'm digging Organized Crime so far. I would assume it'll be like 24 and each season will center on one or two main storylines?

I also started watching SVU too. Maybe 20 years too late.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:24 pm
Forum General

Mister Ecks wrote:
As someone who has never watched Law & Order on a regular basis, I'm digging Organized Crime so far. I would assume it'll be like 24 and each season will center on one or two main storylines?

I also started watching SVU too. Maybe 20 years too late.

I fell off of SVU years ago, but I am really enjoying Organized Crime. I l'm liking the one main storyline approach and I've always wanted to see Chris Meloni go up against somebody like Dylan McDermott who is playing a pretty interesting mobster character so far. I also binged Them not that long ago and while it does get better in the second half its a very uneven and sloppily put together show IMO. You can tell the creators are trying so hard to imitate Jordan Peele, but it just doesn't work and the horror elements feel like such an afterthought that I can't help but wonder why even put ghosts in it in the first place.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:56 pm
Wallflower

For some reason a couple weekends ago I started watching The Wonder Years. It popped up on my Hulu. I remember I was really young when it was on and it always seemed stupid to me. I hated the narration. Now as an adult the narration can still be kind of annoying but I'm enjoying the show well enough. I've watched like 3 seasons.

Over a year ago I watched almost all of Season 1 of Hannibal. I had like 3 episodes left. While very well-made I thought it could be hard to get into. But I picked it up again yesterday. I found Season 2 to get really interesting and ended up watching 7 episodes of S2. I'm glad I returned to it.

Watched the first two episodes of Cruel Summer. The new Freeform show that premiered last night. Really enjoyed it. I'm excited for more episodes.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:47 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Olivia Holt is such a better actor than the other girl in "Cruel Summer" that it's not even funny. I found the other girl so amateurish and annoying in the first episode and am digging the second episode because she's in it less.

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:25 pm
Profile YIM
Star Trek XI

Yeah I’m watching Cruel Summer right now too and am enjoying it so far, love thrillers and this is looking to be a good one. The marketing is great, I’ve seen lots of ads on Hulu for it

Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:59 pm
Forum General

I'm fully on board the Cruel Summer hype as well. The first two episodes were really solid, especially the second one and honestly so far Olivia Holt's character is a lot more interesting than the girl playing Jeanette and is definitely better acted, although I don't think she's awful either. Olivia Holt is just an all around solid actress though and I'm glad to finally see her in something that actually utilizes her acting talent pretty well.

I also just got done binging Shadow and Bone which is a really solid Netflix fantasy series with a fantasically charming and sinister villian performance from Ben Barnes. I hope that show gets picked up for more seasons, because I'm really digging where its going and Netflix can always use more quality shows IMO.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:54 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm three episodes into "Them" on Amazon and it's GREAT so far. Hugely engaging, gorgeously shot and scary.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:03 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Shadow and Bone looks good. I will check it out when I get Netflix back next month.

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 32  Next