Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Star Trek XI

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
j_forest23 wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:
j_forest23 wrote:
Just started Tell Me Lies and hooked so far, I read the book last year and wonder what changes they will make/how everything will unfold. I heard the finale is nuts so I'm hoping there are some surprises

I just binged this in like two days. I thought it was insanely addicting, probably the fastest I've binged anything in a while. I hate almost every character but am totally invested in watching these assholes destroy their lives (except Bree, she's a saint). Stephen and Lucy are the worst, they deserve each other :lol: But the finale was indeed insane and I'm really happy it got a season 2. The needle drop to "Mr. Brightside" was iconic.

Character rankings in terms of likability because why not lol:

1. Bree
2. Pippa
3. Evan (despite the finale)
4. Wrigley
5. Diana
6. Drew
7. Lucy
8. Stephen

I’m on episode 4 now and can’t wait to finish, Wrigley is my favorite (though part of that is because I find him sexy and hot as hell :D ) and hope he doesn’t get too much worse (if worse at all) in the last episodes

I finished this week and OMG those last 5 minutes good god :zonks: Diana and Stephen deserve each other. Lucy pissed me off big time but my heart broke for her during that moment in the finale and I can't help but still root for her lol. Soooo happy it got picked up for a second season. Tbh, even though Lucy really pissed me off, I like most everyone except Stephen (who is fucking DIABOLICAL) and Diana bc of that moment in the finale

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:22 am
Devil's Advocate

I checked out Night Court and it wasn't too bad. I hope its ratings keep up as multi cam sitcoms need to make a comeback.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:52 pm
New Server, Same X

I'd agree on that. It's been so long since I've seen the original but it felt like a fun continuation. Not sure how to take Melissa Rauch's performance so far, but it felt like the type of character that will settle into a better role over time. Nice to see John Larroquette again.

I read Richard Moll was asked to appear but declined, while Marsha Warfield wasn't yet asked. Be nice to see both appear in some capacity.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

Willow - I like the visual feel of it, D+ shows tend to be some sort of genre homage (Mando=Western, etc.) and this is clearly doing some 90s fantasy show fuck GRRM type of shit. But I can't say the writing totally did it for me.

Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:43 pm
New Server, Same X

Anyone watch That 90s Show? Couple reviews seem so-so, but... unless I'm wrong, That 70s Show wasn't great either. It's more the nostalgia of it, but every time I've tried to watch it again, you have to get past a lot of corny humour.

That said, I do want to watch it. Love me some Red and Kitty Forman.

Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:18 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's fine but you feel the drop off immediately when they go from the OG characters scenes to the new kids

Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:37 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shrinking was watchable though nothing special. Ford was really good and a departure from his usual role. The Lasso fans will probably eat up, they were definitely going for the streaming version of the Parks and Rec to The Office/Million Little Things to This Is Us/etc. move here.

Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:57 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Poker Face is a lot of fun.4 episodes in already. Not quite Monk or Psych, the seriousness and off beat humor and excellent direction is awesome. Been enjoying the way they execute the timeline they reveal certain things (Johnson's storytelling works great in this format) and the cast and guest stars have been stellar so far.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:09 pm
Devil's Advocate

I posted a main site article on Night Court/Shrinking/That 90's Show/Velma http://wokj.worldofkj.com/rating-four-n ... how-velma/

Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:21 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

"Wolf Pack" is honestly ghastly, and the only time it is even remotely interesting is when Sarah Michelle Gellar is on screen. Bad acting and absolutely horrid CGI otherwise. I'll probably stick with it to see if anything interesting happens with SMG's character but man what a slog.

Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:05 pm
Profile YIM
Keeping it Light

Thegun wrote:
Poker Face is a lot of fun.4 episodes in already. Not quite Monk or Psych, the seriousness and off beat humor and excellent direction is awesome. Been enjoying the way they execute the timeline they reveal certain things (Johnson's storytelling works great in this format) and the cast and guest stars have been stellar so far.

Yeah, prett much. I don't think it's a great show, but a lot of fun is right.

Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

South Park's season premiere (Kanye inspired) was pretty good all around, the episode after with Prince Harry was more standard but the whole Respect Our Privacy! thing was still funny.

Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:59 pm
New Server, Same X

South Park fun as always, though what was once a cutting edge, topical show is feeling weirdly dated. It's like they're playing catchup. Maybe it's just because social media has warped my sense of time but Kanye and Prince Harry/Meghan feels like months ago now. I know it's still an impressive feat to cover recent events in animation, but they were churning out new episodes with same-week stories. These episodes feel like they've been in the can for a month or longer.

It's almost guaranteed the next episode covers Elon taking over Twitter.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:47 pm
New Server, Same X

Caught the premiere of Animal Control (aka Joel McHale Tries to Find Another Project for His Sarcastic Style). At this point with network TV, I just want characters that don't annoy the fuck out of me, and everyone was fine. Feels like a very typical 2010s/20s ensemble series.

But man, McHale has really wrung every last drop out of his persona since The Soup.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

If he was a wrestler he would turn heel. That's why his The Bear part worked so well.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:59 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

You Season 4. Three episodes in and enjoying the switch to Europe so far.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:53 pm
Keeping it Light

Yeah, it's a bit of a different kind of season for You, they're keeping it fresh and I enjoy it.

Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:10 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Indeed. Very different but much needed and refreshing.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:52 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
South Park's season premiere (Kanye inspired) was pretty good all around, the episode after with Prince Harry was more standard but the whole Respect Our Privacy! thing was still funny.
The new Japanese Toilet is one of their best. Just like with last year's Tolkein episode, they can still hit atleast one out of the park every year.

Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:52 pm
New Server, Same X

Every so often I think of how, decades ago, people wondered how their parents and grandparents relied on the goddamn radio for entertainment. How boring and how awful those days must have been to have such entertainment as the RADIO.

That is now how I feel about primetime network TV. And what brought me to this conclusion?

The True Lies TV series. My god, one of the most awful experiences of taking a film and adapting it, not only for TV, but a 2023 TV audience. And there is no 2023 TV audience without old people. I can't imagine anyone under 70 relying on primetime television for their entertainment anymore. It's so archaic.

And I'm not saying the pilot was abysmal. It was passable fluff. Which is kind of my point. That's all network TV is anymore. The action, the excitement, the acting. All very network TV. Good god, that lead actor is really really bad though. How they landed on him is beyond me, but then again who else would want to star in a bad CBS reboot of a 90s film?

Yes, I did watch the entire first episode. It was equally as torturous as it was entertaining, which is really bizarre. I actually have to force myself not to watch it again. I can totally see why all these shitty CBS procedurals do so well.

Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

I defend the network comedies but I would like to know what’s going on in the head of people who’s favourite shows are all procedurals and keep trying these HBO or Showtime shows that get recommended but are like nah, I know what I like, 3 hours straight of FBI. Are they a fiend for any sort of detective structure or fictional cops... It’s just weird.

Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:55 pm
New Server, Same X

I know people who will watch a whole night of FBI. Like, I get it. Sometimes you just want a single story, in and out, for an hour of television a week. No major continuing storylines, nothing you have to remember from the last season that aired 18 months ago for when the new season begins.

But, like... they're so empty.

Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:40 pm

I still do Law and order and the Chicago series. And Blue Bloods. Can’t do NCIS anymore and FBI is kind of weak, I actually am doing the new Star Treks and the criminal minds return. Outside of that it’s all cooking competition shows.

Nothing that requires 6+ months to watch. I do have a goal to watch all of supernatural, I guesstimate around 2027 I’ll finish it.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:52 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm going to shit on my own views and admit I also watch Law & Order, but only Organized Crime. Was watching SVU when Organized Crime started but I gave up on it. I also watched CSI: Vegas when it came back because it was a nice, season-long storyline, but felt like Season 2 they reverted back to the original format with a kind-of uninteresting ongoing storyline with Marg Helgenberger.

Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:54 am

I like svu a lot more now, it’s gotten darker and weirder and I like the new cast dynamic. I even like the new original with Michael Westin in the lead. Stabler I like a lot, but I’ll usually wait for 8 episodes as they usually do 3 stories

I actually really like Chicago fire, but PD and medical are just laughably bad. I’ve never seen cops lose suspects so easily. I also hate 911, but really enjoy the Rob Lowe one. I think he is among the great tv actors like Danson, Ritter, and white

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next