Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
I'm almost done with "Love Victor" season 2 which is much better than the first season.

Benji sucks and is ugly. Victor deserves better.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:21 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just finished "Love, Victor" which was really great this year! Felt much more mature and well-rounded than the Disney-fied first season.

Also team Rahim! Benji is the worst.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:07 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

Rebels season 4

Spoiler: show
Kanan. :tears: :tears:

I had a feeling it was coming, but not that soon. He got Omared.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:33 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Did you know Kanan was featured in The Rise of Skywalker? When Rey is having her vision of past Jedi speaking her name during the climax, his voice (Freddie Prinze Jr.) is heard saying "Rey" right after Anakin's and Ahsoka's. In fact, several other Jedi from both The Clone Wars and Rebels are heard during this scene. I just read about this (and looked it up on YouTube) a couple weeks ago.

JJ Abrams reached out to many actors/voice actors who played Jedi in the different animated series and asked them to record a few lines to be included in Rise of Skywalker. Very cool.

The animated Star Wars franchise has been great. Going to start The Bad Batch once season one finishes airing.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:00 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I didn’t! Will look out for next time (if there is a next time.) I still think they should have had all the actors come back as ghosts to battle the Sith Army. Would have been so much more epic and cool than anything that actually happened in the movie.

Also, yeah, assuming it ends well I would put Rebels alongside the original trilogy and Last Jedi. It has been sooooo good. I really liked Clone Wars, but feel like having a new set of main characters (and loving all of them) puts this one over for me.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:08 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I watched Ragnarok Season 2 and its building up to be a nice series even though its is very much execute as a teen drama which it isn't, reminds me a lot of Twilight (first movie).

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 pm
Star Trek XI

thompsoncory wrote:
I'm almost done with "Love Victor" season 2 which is much better than the first season.

Ugly?!?! That boy is FINE haha I’m only just starting but I’ve loved them together, though that may change even though I’ve heard things about this season

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I also finally finished Kim's Convenience Season 5. Its sad that the series is ending so abruptly without a comprehensive conclusion (though I never expected it to be a conclusion of these characters). The 5th season was a little off in comparison to past 4 seasons but still a very good season, I would definitely miss this season and recommend it to anyone.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:41 am
Wallflower

j_forest23 wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:

Ugly?!?! That boy is FINE haha I’m only just starting but I’ve loved them together, though that may change even though I’ve heard things about this season

Word. I love Benji. :wub2: He's absolutely beautiful. Victor better not end up with Rahim. Finished Season 2 Monday night. Definitely a great season. Now to wait another year for the inevitable Season 3.

Started Mare of Easttown. Watched the first two episodes. It's great.

Also watched the Season 1 finale of Cruel Summer. I think my loyalty has changed after the ending. Damn.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:09 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I finished The Kominskey Method Season 3 (final season) yesterday. The series dearly misses Alan Arkin's witty one-liners but it helps to make this more heartfelt which is good. I won't say its as good as the last two seasons but this was a good send-off to the series.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:51 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Lupin Part 2 was equally great as the previous part, it does not have flashy heists but it more than makes up for that with witty one-liners, twists and surprises. Highly recommended series, glad that its coming for Season/Part 3. Omar Sy is just brilliant in here.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:10 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I just finished Invincible Season 1. Very good series, exploring the idea if Superman was bad. It has tons of action, its brutal and very violent with a great story. I don't think its better than Boyz but its a different take of the same idea with different characters and teen drama.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:53 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I just finished "Hacks." The finale made me cry. Jean Smart for all the awards.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:34 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I watched One Punch Man Season 2. The animation suffers from previous season possibly due to lack of budget, the two main characters aren't given enough screen time, too many new characters to keep track in such short time as well. Having said all that the story and world expansion are brilliant. There aren't many places you could go from this single liner story but they are keeping things interesting. I'll be up for season 3 and hope it gets made.

Also watched first episode of Love Victor season 2, it carries the same emotional pinch of the movie and season 1.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:39 pm
Wallflower

Finished Mare of Easttown on Sunday night. Excellent series.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Finished Love Victor Season 2 as well. I am not sure which side I am on but I am fine with either of the choices. I just felt Rahim's arc wasn't built enough but overall this was a more mature if cliche'd teenage drama. I liked Season 1 a little better still both seasons are really strong. Waiting for Season 3 now.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

So I finished last week after Love Victor

1. Elite Season 4 and shorts - the weakest of all seasons where repetitive arcs and uninteresting new characters stall the series. The central mystery also take back stage in order to setup all new characters. The shorts (specially with returning cast members) were much more engaging
2. One Punch Man Season 2 - The animation is bad here but the world building is amazing(there isn't much you can do with this concept). The central characters were not given enough time in their own show.
3. Working Moms (season 5) - It starts slow but then catches up to speed once it returns to the central duo and their antics.
4. Younger Final season(7) - This series is amazing and I am in awe with the way they ended this. The central decision haunting Liza's personal life throughout the series and also the end.
5. Superstore Season 1-2-3 : Thanks to Flava'd recommendation I cannot put this series away. It's so good and while there are obvious clichés it serves its weekly subject very well. The third season being the strongest with will-they-won't-they narrative, that has never been better in last decade. I'm also halfway through Season 4 and it's still really good. The best part are the snippets of customers, totally hilarious.
6. Mare of Easttown - I finished this last night and what an amazing series. Winslet is so damn good in this, conveying subtle suffering emotions throughout while taking the brunt from town folks and still coming out on top of baddies. Evan Peters is also really good in his small role.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:37 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Just finished Lucifer. Interesting to watch a pretty run of the mill show still in production as it switched from cable to Netflix.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:46 pm
Wallflower

I watched the first four episodes of Kevin Can Fuck Himself last night and love it. Can't wait for more episodes to release.

I've watched a few of the shorts for Elite. Need to finish those before watching the new season. I hear this season is awful so that's disappointing.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:14 am
The Kramer

Jack Sparrow wrote:
5. Superstore Season 1-2-3 : Thanks to Flava'd recommendation I cannot put this series away. It's so good and while there are obvious clichés it serves its weekly subject very well. The third season being the strongest with will-they-won't-they narrative, that has never been better in last decade. I'm also halfway through Season 4 and it's still really good. The best part are the snippets of customers, totally hilarious.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:09 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I completely gobbled up Superstore show (Season 4-6). The finale monologue had me tearing up. The series became so much better at exploring side stories and characters. It's not like all time favourite sitcom but it's one of those special ones that does it's job really well.

Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:00 pm
Wallflower

I have a few episodes of Superstore left but started it very early in 2020 and binged the available seasons fast. Such an enjoyable show.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:31 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Magic Mike wrote:
I have a few episodes of Superstore left but started it very early in 2020 and binged the available seasons fast. Such an enjoyable show.

Let us know how you liked the finale. I went back for the final goodbye monolgue. Don't want to be too spoilery though I am sure you already know how the main story will end, I love endings where you can see characters grow and what they will become after the series.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:15 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I've been watching "Run The World" on Starz which is actually great, very "SATC"-esque.

"Kevin Can Fuck Himself" is a mixed bag for me. Annie is fantastic but even though the sitcom parts are supposed to be insufferable they really are borderline unwatchable. Hoping that gets scratched later on in the run.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:33 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I just finished the first (and unfortunately the only) season of Champions. Its definitely wasn't a great series but it started getting better towards the end of first season and I wished it had continued to explore some of its themes/promises better.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next