Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Seinfeld 
problem?

Post Seinfeld
:disgust: @ the Friends thread. Friends is good, don't get me wrong, but Seinfeld > Friends. I purchased the complete series set today and the coffee table book is rawking. I've never seen every single episode before, so I can't wait to finally see the series in its entirety.

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:53 pm
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Seinfeld
You suck! :mad: I want the complete series set!! But I already have Seasons 1-7. I saw Season 8 tonight at Walmart for a really good price, but I got seven movies instead for the same price. Probably a mistake.

Seinfeld is awesomez!

Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:57 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Seinfeld is indeed the pinnacle of US comedy.

The DVD sets are amazing to boot, I love the outakes and introspectives especially.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:01 am
Sbil

I loooooooooooove Seinfeld. It's second only to Friends as my favorite show ever.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 am
New Server, Same X

They really did a great job on the extras. Probably one of the few DVDs where I absolutely watch the extras after I watch the episodes. Really well done.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:08 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Can't we love both Seinfeld and Friends?

I love Seinfeld a little more than Friends, but I love them both. However, as Gulli says the Seinfeld DVDs are freakin' awesome... they are loaded, and not with crap, but actual good extra stuff. The Simpsons is probably the only thing close to it for worthwhile extras.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:08 am
Sbil

Jerry: "What's the matter?"
George: "My mother caught me."
Jerry: "Caught you? Doing what?"
George: "You know. (All three give him blank stares) I was alone..."
Elaine: "You mean...?"
George: (Nods) "Uh-huh."
Kramer: (Laughing) "She caught you?"
George: "I stopped by the house to drop the car off, and I went inside for a few minutes. Nobody was there. They're supposed to be working. My mother had a Glamour magazine, I started leafing through it..."
Jerry: "Glamour?"
(Kramer and Elaine laugh slightly)
George: "So, one thing lead to another..."
Jerry: "So, what did she do?"
George: "First she screams, "George, what are you doing? My God!' I didn't know whether to try and keep her from falling or zip up."
Jerry: "What did you do?"
George: "I zipped up!"
Elaine: "So she fell?!"
George: "Yeah. Well, I couldn't run over there the way I was!"

<3

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:15 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

I don't find Seinfield funny at all.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 am
On autopilot for the summer

getluv wrote:
I don't find Seinfield funny at all.

God will make up for that somehow Im sure

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:49 am
Devil's Advocate

The best

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:09 am
Forum General

Seinfeld is hysterical, but I think I've just exhausted it in reruns, and it's not really comfort TV like classic Simpsons is.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am
Superman: The Movie

It's my favorite sitcom but just like with any other show it's best in small doses. I pretty much watched the show non stop throughout my high school years, especially in towards the end when the DVD's came out. By the time I got to Season 7 though, I just got tired of it. I still bought the other two seasons but I haven't watched an episode yet. It was only just a couple of days ago I was able to watch another repeat on TBS. It was the one with the muffin tops and the real Peterman tour. Even though I've seen that episode at least six or seven times, I still laughed out loud.

The only episodes of Seinfeld that I didn't really enjoy were the brief batch of episodes that involved "Crazy Joe Devola". These were on TBS recently as well. The actor who played him was a little too convincing.

Another thing I appreciated about the show was it's ability to tie together all of the plot points at the end of each episode. Each show would have three or four plots to them and the way they would tie them all together in the end was simply brilliant.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:38 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

One of the rare perfect television series.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:11 am
The Fullmetal Alchemist

Seinfeld is the best series ever, hands down. Friends is shit. Larry David is a god. Jerry is close, but Larry has Curb, too. My entire family kinda bases our lives on Seinfeld. We see it in everything and never stop analyzing it. It's actually my dream job: Seinfeld historian. My brother has said that 75% of his brain is Seinfeld knowledge. We all saw Jerry live last year and for us it was akin to the people watching the Pope at Yankee Stadium now.
Curb is a close second, but nothing will ever be better.

Gake no ue no Ponyo
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:01 pm
Extraordinary

Finwë wrote:
It's actually my dream job: Seinfeld historian.

Easy trivia question:

What's Uncle Leo's wife's name?

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:18 pm
The Fullmetal Alchemist

I didn't say MY brain was 75% Seinfeld, but it's Stella (episode 5 of season 3 "The Pen").

Gake no ue no Ponyo
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:41 pm

I always found Friends overrated, Seinfeld, that was comic genius.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:50 pm
Extraordinary

Finwë wrote:
I didn't say MY brain was 75% Seinfeld, but it's Stella (episode 5 of season 3 "The Pen").

Close - - it's actually... Stella!!!

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:02 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Oooh yeah I love Seinfeld. My favourite show. But I also love Friends which is a close 2nd. Entourage is up there - but i'll wait till the series ends before judging it.

Like some of you - Ive seen some episodes more than 5 or 6 times each - still love them. My favourite episode is The Airport where Jerry travels First Class and Elaine slums it in coach. Never get tired of it.

My favourite scene is when George gives out Jerry's number as "Vanderlay Industries" so he can fool social security. When they call and Kramer picks up and says they have a wroing number - George runs out from the toilet shouting "Vanderlay Industries!!! Say Vanderlay Industries!!!" and proptly trips and falls flat on his face with his underwear around his legs. Jerry comes in and sees the sorry display - "So you wanna be my latex salesman" :funny: Genius!

That was also the last Series to have a mega event series finale. It was hyped like no end.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:14 am
Extraordinary

MadGez wrote:
That was also the last Series to have a mega event series finale. It was hyped like no end.

Which fell flat, like all* mega event series finales...

(* With the one exception of the finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation - - it far exceeded my expectations - - one of the rare finale episodes that ended up being one of the best episodes of the series!)

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
MadGez wrote:

Which fell flat, like all* mega event series finales...

(* With the one exception of the finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation - - it far exceeded my expectations - - one of the rare finale episodes that ended up being one of the best episodes of the series!)

Yeah it wasnt that good - but still a huge event.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 am
Sbil

loyalfromlondon wrote:
MadGez wrote:

Sorpranos, despite being on pay cable, was hyped a lot as well.

If somehow producers manage to get some of the season 1 cast back, ER's finale next year might be huge.

I would love that for ER. I used to be obsessed with ER back in the day. I had a whole bunch of premed friends in college, so part of our bonding was that I would watch ER with them every Thursday night while they would act like total nerds and geek over the medical vocabulary.

I don't think I've seen an episode of ER since like 2005. I used to be addicted to it, so it's kind of weird to not have any clue who's even on the show anymore (I know Maura Tierney, Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini, Parminder Nagra still are, and John Stamos is now, but no clue who else).

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:18 pm
htm

Ripper wrote:
I always found Friends overrated, Seinfeld, that was comic genius.

:yes:

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:49 pm
Team Kris

Libs wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
MadGez wrote:

If somehow producers manage to get some of the season 1 cast back, ER's finale next year might be huge.

I would love that for ER. I used to be obsessed with ER back in the day. I had a whole bunch of premed friends in college, so part of our bonding was that I would watch ER with them every Thursday night while they would act like total nerds and geek over the medical vocabulary.

I don't think I've seen an episode of ER since like 2005. I used to be addicted to it, so it's kind of weird to not have any clue who's even on the show anymore (I know Maura Tierney, Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini, Parminder Nagra still are, and John Stamos is now, but no clue who else).

Seeing that Canterbury's Law is unlikely to get picked up... please get Juliana Margulies!

The last ER I saw in its entirety was when Kellie Martin's character was killed by that psycho.

All other things, I just heard or saw clips (the infamous helicopter mishap; Shane West eye-candying it up...)

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:52 pm
Sbil

Christian wrote:
Libs wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
MadGez wrote:

Seeing that Canterbury's Law is unlikely to get picked up... please get Juliana Margulies!

The last ER I saw in its entirety was when Kellie Martin's character was killed by that psycho.

All other things, I just heard or saw clips (the infamous helicopter mishap; Shane West eye-candying it up...)

I remember watching that when it happened. That was back before the days of Michael Ausiellio and way-too-revealing promo ads revealing everything, so the episode where she and Carter got stabbed was really surprising.

The next episode, where she died, was also incredibly sad. I think around that time was one of ER's shining periods.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next