Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 First Week Manga Sales 2023 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post First Week Manga Sales 2023
This thread will be dedicated to tracking the physical sales of the first week (debut) of sales for individual manga volumes as gathered by Oricon.

Expect to see:

*A Top TBD list of highest first week sales of the 2021 Oricon year.

Note: Not all publishers release manga on the same day, but a first week typically means first 3 days in release, or sometimes 4 days in release. 5-7 days can also occur during holiday weeks, and these will be marked with an asterisk (*) or number of days to denote the difference.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Post Re: First Week Manga Sales 2021
Highest First Weeks of 2021
Rank./ Sales [Number of days] - Volume

01./ 2,855,169 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #23
1 million ↨
02./ 858,751 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Gaiden
03./ 637,308 [7 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #14
04./ 575,737 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Special Edition #23
05./ 537,558 [7 days] - Spy x Family #6
500 thousand ↨
06./ 490,937 [3 days] - Attack on Titan #33
07./ 429,673 [7 days] - Boku no Hero Academia #29
08./ 426,897 [3 days] - Kingdom #60
09./ 300,802 [7 days] - Chainsaw Man #10
10./ 274,698 [7 days] - One-Punch Man #23
250 thousand ↨
11./ 214,896 [5 days] - The Apothecary Diaries #7
12./ 191,803 [3 days] - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #16
13./ 143,422 [7 days] - Dr. Stone #19
14./ 132,742 [7 days] - Natsume's Book of Friends #26
15./ 131,755 [7 days] - Black Clover #27
16./ 108,859 [3 days] - Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc #5
17./ 107,521 [5 days] - The Heroic Legend of Arslan#14
18./ 106,827 [4 days] - Laid-Back Camp #11
19./ 104,935 [3 days] - Blue Exorcist #26
20./ 102,546 [3 days] - Golden Kamuy #24
21./ 101,623 [3 days] - Detective Conan: Police Academy Arc Wild Police Story #2
100 thousand ↑

Legend:
1 million + (Legendary) / 500 thousand + (Megahit) / 250 thousand + (Hit) / 100 thousand + (Respectable)

Tried to do things in a similar way as to what Corpse does in the box-office thread. Let me know if you think I should change or add anything. (I used English names, but I could use Japanese ones, for example)

Last edited by Rouk' on Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:05 pm
Angels & Demons

Thank you for the first post. We hope to see you regularly update it.

P/S: For the 1 million and 500k, would you mind to give them other colors so these lines are easier to see? Thanks.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:24 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I was scrolling down and thought I made a post in here without my own knowledge! I do like the format. Haha.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Corpse wrote:
I was scrolling down and thought I made a post in here without my own knowledge! I do like the format. Haha.

Thought the same :thumbsup:

Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:07 pm
The Incredible Hulk

02./ 1,237,929 [4 days] - One Piece #98
03./ 1,005,655 [4 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Official Fanbook #2

1 million ↨
04./ 858,751 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Gaiden
05./ 637,308 [7 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #14
06./ 575,737 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Special Edition #23
07./ 537,558 [7 days] - Spy x Family #6
500 thousand ↨
08./ 490,937 [3 days] - Attack on Titan #33
09./ 429,673 [7 days] - Boku no Hero Academia #29
10./ 426,897 [3 days] - Kingdom #60
11./ 300,802 [7 days] - Chainsaw Man #10
12./ 274,698 [7 days] - One-Punch Man #23
250 thousand ↨
13./ 238,549 [4 days] - World Trigger #23
14./ 214,896 [5 days] - The Apothecary Diaries #7
15./ 191,803 [3 days] - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #16
16./ 143,422 [7 days] - Dr. Stone #19
17./ 132,742 [7 days] - Natsume's Book of Friends #26
18./ 131,755 [7 days] - Black Clover #27
19./ 108,859 [3 days] - Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc #5
20./ 107,521 [5 days] - The Heroic Legend of Arslan#14
21./ 106,827 [4 days] - Laid-Back Camp #11
22./ 104,935 [3 days] - Blue Exorcist #26
23./ 102,546 [3 days] - Golden Kamuy #24
24./ 101,623 [3 days] - Detective Conan: Police Academy Arc Wild Police Story #2
100 thousand ↑

Legend:
1 million + (Legendary) / 500 thousand + (Megahit) / 250 thousand + (Hit) / 100 thousand + (Respectable)

Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So I'm working on updating and expanding the Biggest First Week Sales Chart (500,000+), and I noticed two big things involving street dates being broken.

The first was with Fullmetal Alchemist's final volume (27). It "debuted" a week early on the sales chart because of some retailers selling it early, thus lowering its actual debut week below that of several previous volumes.

The second is the same situation, but with One Piece Vol. 62. It sold over whopping 500,000+ the week before it was released due to the street date being broken. And its actual first week was "only" 1.79 million, well below that of several previous volumes.

Should the sales before the actual release week be included? I'm including the "Week 0" sales into the first weeks now as we discussed, but these are two extreme examples.

If they are, that would put the final Fullmetal Alchemist (#27) just above 1 million, making it the only volume in the series to exceed the mark. Not too surprising since it was the final volume, it should have a higher first week than those leading up to it. But in doing so, this would make the Fullmetal Alchemist only the second series after One Piece to ever have an individual volume debut with 1 million+. Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer would then follow it as the only other series' to have any individual volumes sell over 1 million in their first weeks.

And in One Piece's #62 case, adding the sales before the release week would actually give it the biggest first week sales in the entire series. Since adding the sales here only "slightly" puts it above #66, it seems reasonable, but it would take #66's previous record of biggest first week ever that it held for over a decade in doing so until Demon Slayer Vol. 23 last year.

I'm asking this now just in case other extreme cases of this come up.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Corpse wrote:
So I'm working on updating and expanding the Biggest First Week Sales Chart (500,000+), and I noticed two big things involving street dates being broken.

The first was with Fullmetal Alchemist's final volume (27). It "debuted" a week early on the sales chart because of some retailers selling it early, thus lowering its actual debut week below that of several previous volumes.

The second is the same situation, but with One Piece Vol. 62. It sold over whopping 500,000+ the week before it was released due to the street date being broken. And its actual first week was "only" 1.79 million, well below that of several previous volumes.

Should the sales before the actual release week be included? I'm including the "Week 0" sales into the first weeks now as we discussed, but these are two extreme examples.

If they are, that would put the final Fullmetal Alchemist (#27) just above 1 million, making it the only volume in the series to exceed the mark. Not too surprising since it was the final volume, it should have a higher first week than those leading up to it. But in doing so, this would make the Fullmetal Alchemist only the second series after One Piece to ever have an individual volume debut with 1 million+. Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer would then follow it as the only other series' to have any individual volumes sell over 1 million in their first weeks.

And in One Piece's #62 case, adding the sales before the release week would actually give it the biggest first week sales in the entire series (around 90,000 more than #61). Since adding the sales here only "slightly" puts it above #61, it seems reasonable, but it would take #61's previous record of biggest first week ever that it held for over a decade in doing so until Demon Slayer Vol. 23 last year.

I'm asking this now just in case other extreme cases of this come up.

I'm of the opinion that Week 0 and Week 1 should be combined. One Piece always had huge week 0, even nowadays, it could still sell over 200k before the release date.
And yeah, this makes the ranking a bit weird, putting FMA very high. This also puts Nodame Cantabile above Nana, though it's obvious that Nana was way bigger.

But "ranking of the best first week" isn't anything more than a single statistic. It shouldn't be the only thing used to judge a manga's success or anything.
"Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto" and Thermae Romae are two of the biggest manga Oricon ever tracked, being among the 19 manga that ever reached 1m units sold in an Oricon ranking (either weekly or yearly). Yet, none of them ever sold over 350k units in their first week.
When it ranked in the yearly volume ranking for the second time in 2014, the first volume of Sakamoto pushed the manga to the 4th place of the list of manga with the highest total ever shown within Oricon, behind only One Piece, Attack on titan and Nana. No other manga had ever sold over 1.4m units. (Assassination Classroom's first volume appeared in the middle of 2015 with sales slightly higher than this. It's since been passed by Demon slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen, and soon, Spy x Family.)

In my opinion, removing Week 0 would unfairly harm a lot of One Piece volume (and some other series to a lesser extent). These copies were truly sold. Retailers break the street date because there is demand for it, if they didn't, the vast majority of these sales would have happened during Week 1.

Including Week 0 isn't much weirder than putting volumes with only 2 days during their first week in the same ranking as volumes with 7 days.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:20 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

History has told us to keep track of these kind of such occurrences separately specially in Japan. I believe you can add them in the list but with an asterisk so that we can track future releases with or without the mark.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

All finished with the list up through 2016. Will work on 2017-2021 tomorrow.

I was planning to including Week 0 sales into the first week, as Rouk' says, they are sales and the majority would have been sold during the first actual week. Thousands of random or casual readers aren't going to a bookstore to buy a volume a day or two before the release date, it's clearly the most diehard fans who would have came on release day anyway.

I'll put an asterisk next to them if it's an extreme case. I'll work on a figure to determine what "extreme" is, but I'm thinking 50,000 at the moment. And also as Rouk' says, the first week sales stat is probably the "least" important one to track. Some first weeks are 2 days of sales, while others can be 7 days, depending on how the dates are on the calendar. Most are 3 or 4 day weeks, but any more or less greatly changes the first week sales figure. Ultimately its the sales in the long-term that matter.

And yes, One Piece has had several volumes sold before the street date. And since it's so big, especially in the first week, the sales in Week 0 are significantly larger than those of any other series that has a volume sold before the street date. One Piece, as we know, largely dominates this chart so it doesn't really change the rankings in an extreme way since it's mostly just ranking one One Piece volume over another in most cases.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Child Actor

I don't use first week manga sales because I consider the limitations too inconvenient but when asked, I put the week 0 limit at 20 000, it's already quite high and doesn't concern a lot of series. If people really want to use that satistic, I guess the solution proposed by Rouk is the best.

For the number of series with a volume over 1 000 000 copies sold, if I'm not wrong, there are at least 21 if we only count either weekly or yearly top Oricon.

Corpse And Rouk, thank you for the fantastic work, your charts are a pleasure to the eyes, I like the yellow color used for known individual volumes, it would be great to have it for the ranking by series, this way we immediatly notice the estimations.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm trying to color coordinate this list. Why do so many series' have orange as an associated color, where it's featured heavily on the logo, or featured on the main character (such as orange hair or clothing)???? Orange doesn't really have any noticeable shades either... Not making it easy. :funny:

I only need to add 2019 to the list now. For some reason, 2019 isn't featured much or at all on the sales charts I was using. So I need to find a site/forum where those are available. Same for the first half of 2008 when Oricon began tracking sales.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Corpse wrote:
I'm trying to color coordinate this list. Why do so many series' have orange as an associated color, where it's featured heavily on the logo, or featured on the main character (such as orange hair or clothing)???? Orange doesn't really have any noticeable shades either... Not making it easy. :funny:

I only need to add 2019 to the list now. For some reason, 2019 isn't featured much or at all on the sales charts I was using. So I need to find a site/forum where those are available. Same for the first half of 2008 when Oricon began tracking sales.

I've got a spreadsheet with all the weekly top 50 data since Oricon began tracking sales (except for 2008 where I only have a top 5 for some weeks because I still gotta translate them).

Alternatively, you can find this web.archive of all the top 50/100 up to mid-2012 in Japanese

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:34 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Amazing Rouk' really appreciate all your hard work.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Indeed. Thank you Rouk'!

I'm going to post the list here very shortly. I'm 99% sure it's fully updated and accurate, but if anyone notices any mistakes, let me know so I can edit it. I'm 99.999% sure all the numbers are correct, but I may have missed marking a volume that had a limited edition or week 0 included in its first week. Also... I color coordinated the list. I believe I've successfully chosen colors to differentiate each series, but let me know if it's acceptable and/or suggest different/other colors instead. I tried to use colors that are associated with each series as best that I could, but obviously this wasn't possible in every case.

A few stats:

-One Piece has the most volumes on the list with 49. Shocker, right?
-A total of 4 different series have ever had a volume exceed 1 million copies in their first week. One Piece (48), Attack on Titan (7), Demon Slayer (5), and Fullmetal Alchemist (1).
-A total of 20 different series' have sold over 500,000 copies in their first week. This includes 6 series' with just one entry.

-Only 1 volume has ever sold over 3 million copies in its first week.
-13 volumes have sold over 2 million copies in their first week.
-34 volumes have sold over 1.5 million copies in their first week.
-62 volumes have sold over 1 million copies in their first week.
-85 volumes have sold over 750,000 copies in their first week.
-165 volumes have sold over 500,000 copies in their first week.

Entries by publisher:
126 - Shueisha
28 - Kodansha
8 - Square Enix
3 - Shogakukan

Note: These stats do include limited editions and week 0 figures being included.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Biggest All-Time First Week Sales - 500,000+ Copies [2008-]:

3,431,296 - Demon Slayer Vol. 23 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2020]*
_______
2,367,582 - One Piece Vol. 62 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2011]^
2,275,453 - One Piece Vol. 66 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2012]
2,247,140 - One Piece Vol. 69 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2013]^
2,204,279 - Demon Slayer Vol. 22 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2020]*
2,119,401 - One Piece Vol. 63 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2011]
2,118,663 - One Piece Vol. 80 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2015]^
2,094,123 - One Piece Vol. 60 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2010]
2,086,080 - One Piece Vol. 61 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2011]
2,075,407 - One Piece Vol. 73 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2014]

2,041,897 - Demon Slayer Vol. 21 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2020]*
2,020,490 - One Piece Vol. 70 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2013]
2,018,366 - One Piece Vol. 64 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2011]

_______
1,990,249 - Demon Slayer Vol. 20 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2020]*
1,934,961 - One Piece Vol. 65 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2012]
1,862,800 - One Piece Vol. 85 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2017]
1,852,750 - One Piece Vol. 74 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2014]
1,852,541 - One Piece Vol. 59 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2010]
1,849,584 - One Piece Vol. 81 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2016]^
1,775,905 - One Piece Vol. 75 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2014]
1,760,192 - One Piece Vol. 82 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2016]^
1,754,309 - One Piece Vol. 67 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2012]
1,690,932 - One Piece Vol. 57 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2010]
1,676,264 - One Piece Vol. 78 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2015]
1,668,225 - One Piece Vol. 77 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2015]
1,631,659 - One Piece Vol. 83 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2016]
1,580,757 - One Piece Vol. 58 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2010]
1,555,724 - One Piece Vol. 68 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2012]
1,542,134 - One Piece Vol. 71 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2013]
1,540,005 - One Piece Vol. 72 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2013]
1,514,459 - One Piece Vol. 91 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2018]
1,505,639 - One Piece Vol. 87 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2017]
1,502,120 - One Piece Vol. 89 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2018]
1,500,448 - One Piece Vol. 84 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2017]

_______
1,467,741 - One Piece Vol. 79 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2015]
1,452,075 - One Piece Vol. 86 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2017]
1,441,771 - One Piece Vol. 90 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2018]
1,441,768 - One Piece Vol. 76 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2014]

1,400,780 - Attack on Titan Vol. 13 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2014]*
1,381,576 - Demon Slayer Vol. 19 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2020]
1,378,177 - One Piece Vol. 93 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2019]
1,386,360 - One Piece Vol. 92 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2019]^
1,363,868 - One Piece Vol. 56 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2009]

1,342,503 - Attack on Titan Vol. 12 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2013]*
1,301,484 - One Piece Vol. 88 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2018]
1,255,858 - One Piece Vol. 97 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2020]
1,237,929 - One Piece Vol. 98 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2021]

1,218,870 - Attack on Titan Vol. 15 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2014]*
1,194,145 - One Piece Vol. 53 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2009]
1,182,232 - One Piece Vol. 94 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2019]
1,171,142 - One Piece Vol. 54 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2009]

1,121,685 - One Piece Vol. 55 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2009]
1,074,745 - One Piece Vol. 50 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2008]
1,070,591 - One Piece Vol. 96 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2020]
1,056,634 - Attack on Titan Vol. 16 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2015]*
1,045,937 - One Piece Vol. 52 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2008]
1,029,249 - One Piece Vol. 51 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2008]

1,026,022 - Attack on Titan Vol. 18 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2015]*
1,015,164 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 27 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2010]^
1,011,099 - Attack on Titan Vol. 14 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2014]*
1,008,461 - Attack on Titan Vol. 20 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2016]*
1,005,655 - Demon Slayer Official Fanbook Vol. 2 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2021]

_______
956,889 - Attack on Titan Vol. 11 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2013]*
950,829 - Demon Slayer Vol. 18 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2019]
932,382 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 21 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2008]^
904,463 - Attack on Titan Vol. 17 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2015]*
886,135 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 24 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2009]
883,228 - One Piece Vol. 95 (Shueisha/Eiichiro Oda) [2019]
876,566 - Hunter X Hunter Vol. 34 (Shueisha/Yoshihiro Togashi) [2017]^
874,120 - Naruto Vol. 72 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2015]
862,480 - Attack on Titan Vol. 23 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2017]*
858,751 - Demon Slayer Volume Gaiden (Shueisha/Koyoharu Goutouge) [2020]
849,067 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 23 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2009]
847,826 - Naruto Vol. 60 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2012]
846,206 - Naruto Vol. 52 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2010]

832,564 - Naruto Vol. 43 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2008]^
825,302 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 25 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2010]
819,243 - Naruto Vol. 53 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2010]
799,895 - Naruto Vol. 49 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2010]

788,488 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 22 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2009]*^
787,219 - Nana Vol. 19 (Shueisha/Ai Yazawa) [2008]
783,827 - Naruto Vol. 47 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2009]
781,619 - Naruto Vol. 48 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2009]

781,466 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 26 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2010]
771,707 - Attack on Titan Vol. 19 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2016]*
764,022 - Attack on Titan Vol. 11 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2013]*

_______
742,232 - Naruto Vol. 68 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2014]
738,467 - Attack on Titan Vol. 25 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2018]*
736,467 - Naruto Vol. 50 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2010]
734,890 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 21 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2008]
721,696 - Attack on Titan Vol. 21 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2016]*
716,937 - Naruto Vol. 57 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2011]
714,858 - Kimi ni Todoke Vol. 14 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2011]
711,802 - Attack on Titan Vol. 22 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2017]*
710,879 - Naruto Vol. 45 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2009]
706,697 - Naruto Vol. 61 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2012]
704,610 - Naruto Vol. 58 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2011]
694,023 - Naruto Vol. 54 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2010]

693,458 - Hunter x Hunter Vol. 29 (Shueisha/Yoshihiro Togashi) [2011]
688,739 - Naruto Vol. 44 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2008]^
684,299 - Hunter x Hunter Vol. 31 (Shueisha/Yoshihiro Togashi) [2012]
683,751 - Kimi ni Todoke Vol. 17 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2012]
679,096 - Naruto Vol. 66 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2013]
668,680 - Naruto Vol. 59 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2012]
660,402 - Naruto Vol. 62 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2012]

654,642 - Jujutsu Kaisen Vol. 14 (Shueisha/Gege Akutami) [2021]
653,967 - Nana Vol. 20 (Shueisha/Ai Yazawa) [2008]
653,624 - Naruto Vol. 67 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2013]
650,817 - Hunter x Hunter Vol. 33 (Shueisha/Yoshihiro Togashi) [2016]
650,587 - Naruto Vol. 55 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2011]
648,836 - Naruto Vol. 64 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2013]

640,780 - Kimi ni Todole Vol. 15 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2012]
638,907 - Hunter x Hunter Vol. 30 (Shueisha/Yoshihiro Togashi) [2012]
636,234 - Attack on Titan Vol. 28 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2019]*
633,082 - Hunter x Hunter Vol. 28 (Shueisha/Yoshihiro Togashi) [2011]
627,738 - Attack on Titan Vol. 26 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2018]*
626,418 - Naruto Vol. 71 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2014]
621,846 - Naruto Vol. 65 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2013]
619,726 - Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2015]
619,243 - Naruto Vol. 70 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2014]

619,064 - Hunter x Hunter Vol. 32 (Shueisha/Yoshihiro Togashi) [2012]
618,737 - Naruto Vol. 51 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2010]
615,778 - Nana Vol. 21 (Shueisha/Ai Yazawa) [2009]
609,378 - Silver Spoon Vol. 12 (Shogakukan/Hiromu Arakawa) [2014]
607,616 - Bleach Vol. 37 (Shueisha/Tite Kubo) [2009]
605,163 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 24 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2010]*^
598,123 - Kimi no Todoke Vol. 19 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2013]
589,661 - Bleach Vol. 40 (Shueisha/Tite Kubo) [2009]
589,556 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 20 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2008]
587,744 - Haikyuu!! Vol. 21 (Shueisha/Haruichi Furudate) [2016]*
587,230 - Attack on Titan Vol. 30 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2019]*
585,272 - Ao Haru Ride Vol. 13 (Shueisha/Io Sakisaka) [2015]
577,805 - Assassination Classroom Vol. 17 (Shueisha/Yusei Matsui) [2015]
574,373 - Naruto Vol. 63 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2012]
573,254 - Kingdom Vol. 55 (Shueisha/Yasuhisa Hara) [2019]
571,956 - Attack on Titan Vol. 24 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2017]*
570,979 - Kimi ni Todoke Vol. 12 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2010]
568,980 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 25 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2010]^
560,107 - Assassination Classroom Vol. 19 (Shueisha/Yusei Matsui) [2016]
555,491 - Kimi ni Todoke Vol. 21 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2014]
551,006 - Bleach Vol. 36 (Shueisha/Tite Kubo) [2008]
549,181 - Spy x Family Vol. 6 (Shueisha/Tatsuya Endo) [2020]
548,912 - Bleach Vol. 46 (Shueisha/Tite Kubo) [2010]
544,631 - Assassination Classroom Vol. 21 (Shueisha/Yusei Matsui) [2016]
539,515 - Haikyuu!! Vol. 17 (Shueisha/Haruichi Furudate) [2015]
538,406 - Naruto Vol. 56 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2011]
537,537 - Attack on Titan Vol. 27 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2018]*
537,107 - Saint Young Men Vol. 5 (Kodansha/Hikaru Nakamura) [2010]
536,207 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 22 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2009]
532,579 - Haikyuu!! Vol. 22 (Shueisha/Haruichi Furudate) [2016]
532,553 - Bleach Vol. 39 (Shueisha/Tite Kubo) [2009]
532,034 - Attack on Titan Vol. 33 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2021]*
531,845 - Silver Spoon Vol. 10 (Shogakukan/Hiromu Arakawa) [2014]*
527,844 - Attack on Titan Vol. 32 (Kodansha/Hajime Isayama) [2020]*
525,855 - Silver Spoon Vol. 13 (Shogakukan/Hiromu Arakawa) [2015]
523,875 - Bleach Vol. 55 (Shueisha/Tite Kubo) [2012]
522,013 - Haikyuu!! Vol. 15 (Shueisha/Haruichi Furudate) [2015]*
520,341 - Blue Exorcist Vol. 8 (Shueisha/Kazue Kato) [2012]
518,556 - Bleach Vol. 47 (Shueisha/Tite Kubo) [2010]
517,358 - Kimi ni Todoke Vol. 10 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2010]
514,881 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 23 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2009]*
507,875 - Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol. 9 (Shueisha/Sui Ishida) [2016]
505,506 - Naruto Vol. 42 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2008]
504,024 - Naruto Vol. 46 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2009]
500,245 - Kimi ni Todoke Vol. 11 (Shueisha/Karuho Shiina) [2010]*

*=Limited Edition included.
^="Week 0" included (only marked if 50,000+ sold).

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Corpse wrote:

_______

_______

_______

1,005,655 - Demon Slayer Official Fanbook Vol. 2 (Shueisha/Koyoharu Gotouge) [2021]

_______
886,135 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 23 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2009]
849,067 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 24 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2009]

825,026 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 21 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2008]

788,488 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 22 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2009]

_______
735,206 - Naruto Vol. 43 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2008]

619,726 - Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2015]

594,556 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 24 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2010]*
568,848 - Silver Spoon Vol. 11 (Shogakukan/Hiromu Arakawa) [2014]
568,634 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 25 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2010]
524,971 - Haikyuu!! Vol. 21 (Shueisha/Haruichi Furudate) [2016]

Great work, thanks !

Here are the mistake I've noted, mostly from the early years. The later years should be good since they are mainly OP and AoT volumes.
-FMA 21. You forgot its week 0. Its total should be 932,382
-FMA 24 and FMA 23. Seems like you switched them. I've got 886k for #24 and 849k for #23
-Naruto 43. You forgot its week 0. Its total should be 832,564
-Nodame Cantabile 24. You did count its limited edition, but forgot its week 0 sales. Its total should be 605,163
-Nodame Cantabile 25. It had a very small week 0 that pushed its sales to 568,980
-You forgot the legend (the "*" and the "^") on other Nodame Cantabile volumes I think: 22 should have both ^ and *, the ^ is missing on 24.
-Silver Spoon 12. You forgot its week 0. Total should be 609,378
-Haikyu 21. You forgot its limited edition. The total should be 587,744

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thank you. (More mistakes than I thought! LOL). Nodame Cantabile, in particular, was annoying. I've edited all the errors. :thumbsup:

I'll also, at some point, go back and add "^" to all that need it.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

1 million ↨
05./ 654,642 [7 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #14
06./ 576,127 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Special Edition #23
07./ 549,181 [7 days] - Spy x Family #6
500 thousand ↨
08./ 490,937 [3 days] - Attack on Titan #33
09./ 437,871 [7 days] - Boku no Hero Academia #29
11./ 305,545 [7 days] - Chainsaw Man #10
12./ 279,993 [7 days] - One-Punch Man #23
250 thousand ↨
13./ 238,549 [4 days] - World Trigger #23
15./ 191,803 [3 days] - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #16
16./ 146,626 [7 days] - Dr. Stone #19
17./ 137,006 [7 days] - Natsume's Book of Friends #26
18./ 133,913 [7 days] - Black Clover #27
19./ 108,859 [3 days] - Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc #5
20./ 107,521 [5 days] - The Heroic Legend of Arslan#14
21./ 106,827 [4 days] - Laid-Back Camp #11
22./ 106,566 [6 days] - Cells at Work! #6
23./ 104,935 [3 days] - Blue Exorcist #26
24./ 102,546 [3 days] - Golden Kamuy #24
25./ 101,623 [3 days] - Detective Conan: Police Academy Arc Wild Police Story #2
100 thousand ↑

Legend:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:38 am
The Incredible Hulk

01./ 3,431,296 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #23*
1 million ↨
05./ 654,642 [7 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #14
06./ 549,181 [7 days] - Spy x Family #6
07./ 532,034 [3 days] - Attack on Titan #33*
500 thousand ↨
08./ 437,871 [7 days] - Boku no Hero Academia #29
09./ 426,897 [3 days] - Kingdom #60
10./ 305,545 [7 days] - Chainsaw Man #10
11./ 279,993 [7 days] - One-Punch Man #23
250 thousand ↨
12./ 238,549 [4 days] - World Trigger #23
13./ 223,100 [3 days] - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #16*
15./ 194,159 [2 days] - Yotsuba&! #15
16./ 176,800 [7 days] - Natsume's Book of Friends #26*
17./ 169,912 [3 days] - Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku #10*
18./ 150,671 [7 days] - Space Brothers #39

19./ 146,626 [7 days] - Dr. Stone #19
20./ 133,913 [7 days] - Black Clover #27
21./ 120,724 [3 days] - Kaguya-sama: Love is War #21
22./ 108,859 [3 days] - Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc #5
23./ 107,521 [5 days] - The Heroic Legend of Arslan#14
24./ 106,827 [4 days] - Laid-Back Camp #11
25./ 106,566 [6 days] - Cells at Work! #6
26./ 104,935 [3 days] - Blue Exorcist #26
27./ 102,546 [3 days] - Golden Kamuy #24
28./ 101,623 [3 days] - Detective Conan: Police Academy Arc Wild Police Story #2
100 thousand ↑

Legend:

*=Limited Edition included

----

Didn't update the chart last week, so here it is.

I decided to combine the limited editions with the simple editions, since that's what we did for the all-time chart.

Speaking of, next week, we'll have a new entry in that one with Jujutsu Kaisen 15

Last edited by Rouk' on Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:21 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

A lot of new entries, bigger ones too, next week. In addition to Jujutsu Kaisen #15 (hopefully aiming for 1 million), there's Chainsaw Man #11 (last volume, right?) and Kaiju No. 8 #2 that will certainly do 250,000+. They might even be able to get closer to 500,000 than 250,000 (like 350,000+).

And I don't know the first-print figure for the Jujutsu Kaisen fanbook, but I'm guessing it could do 500,000+ since at least ~1/3 of the current buyers of the individual volumes will likely pick it up. But that's only if the first-print run will allow it. I can see them maybe giving it a "low" first-print run without having sales data to back up a high count. Not to mention the ongoing issues with Shueisha struggling (enjoying?) to print enough books just in general.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

_______

_______

_______

1,138,798 - Jujutsu Kaisen Vol. 15 (Shueisha/Gege Akutami) [2021]

_______
932,382 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 21 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2008]^
886,135 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 24 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2009]
849,067 - Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 23 (Square Enix/Hiromu Arakawa) [2009]

832,564 - Naruto Vol. 43 (Shueisha/Masashi Kishimoto) [2008]^

788,488 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 22 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2009]*^

_______

609,378 - Silver Spoon Vol. 12 (Shogakukan/Hiromu Arakawa) [2014]
605,163 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 24 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2010]*^
587,744 - Haikyuu!! Vol. 21 (Shueisha/Haruichi Furudate) [2016]*
568,980 - Nodame Cantabile Vol. 25 (Kodansha/Tomoko Ninomiya) [2010]^

Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

03./ 1,138,798 [4 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #15
04./ 1,005,655 [4 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Official Fanbook #2
1 million ↨
05./ 858,751 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Gaiden
06./ 654,642 [7 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #14
08./ 532,034 [3 days] - Attack on Titan #33*
500 thousand ↨
09./ 437,871 [7 days] - My Hero Academia #29
11./ 362,151 [4 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook
12./ 328,038 [4 days] - Chainsaw Man #11

13./ 305,545 [7 days] - Chainsaw Man #10
14./ 301,425 [4 days] - Kaiju No. 8 #2
15./ 279,993 [7 days] - One-Punch Man #23
250 thousand ↨
16./ 238,549 [4 days] - World Trigger #23
17./ 223,100 [3 days] - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #16*
18./ 214,896 [5 days] - The Apothecary Diaries #7
19./ 194,159 [2 days] - Yotsuba&! #15
20./ 176,800 [7 days] - Natsume's Book of Friends #26*
21./ 169,912 [3 days] - Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku #10*
22./ 150,671 [7 days] - Space Brothers #39
23./ 146,626 [7 days] - Dr. Stone #19
24./ 133,913 [7 days] - Black Clover #27
25./ 120,724 [3 days] - Kaguya-sama: Love is War #21
26./ 119,384 [5 days] - Mystery to Iu Nakare #8
27./ 116,341 [4 days] - Golden Kamuy #25
28./ 115,912 [5 days] - Frieren: Beyond Journey's End #4
29./ 115,566 [7 days] - A Bride's Story #13
30./ 112,093 [4 days] - Shuumatsu no Valkyrie #10

31./ 108,859 [3 days] - Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc #5
32./ 107,521 [5 days] - The Heroic Legend of Arslan#14
33./ 106,827 [4 days] - Laid-Back Camp #11
34./ 106,566 [6 days] - Cells at Work! #6
35./ 104,935 [3 days] - Blue Exorcist #26
36./ 102,546 [3 days] - Golden Kamuy #24
37./ 101,623 [3 days] - Detective Conan: Police Academy Arc Wild Police Story #2
100 thousand ↑

Legend:

Last edited by Rouk' on Thu May 20, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thanks Rouk'!

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

03./ 1,138,798 [4 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #15
04./ 1,005,655 [4 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Official Fanbook #2
1 million ↨
05./ 858,751 [3 days] - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Gaiden
06./ 654,642 [7 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen #14
08./ 532,034 [3 days] - Attack on Titan #33*
09./ 501,865 [7 days] - Kingdom #61
500 thousand ↨
10./ 437,871 [7 days] - My Hero Academia #29
11./ 426,897 [3 days] - Kingdom #60
12./ 362,151 [4 days] - Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook
13./ 345,518 [5 days] - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #17*
14./ 328,038 [4 days] - Chainsaw Man #11
15./ 305,545 [7 days] - Chainsaw Man #10
16./ 301,425 [4 days] - Kaiju No. 8 #2
17./ 288,456 [5 days] - Detective Conan #99
18./ 279,993 [7 days] - One-Punch Man #23
250 thousand ↨
19./ 244,529 [3 days] - My Hero Academia #30
20./ 238,549 [4 days] - World Trigger #23
21./ 223,100 [3 days] - That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime #16*
22./ 214,896 [5 days] - The Apothecary Diaries #7
23./ 194,159 [2 days] - Yotsuba&! #15
24./ 176,800 [7 days] - Natsume's Book of Friends #26*
25./ 169,912 [3 days] - Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku #10*
26./ 150,671 [7 days] - Space Brothers #39
27./ 146,626 [7 days] - Dr. Stone #19
28./ 133,913 [7 days] - Black Clover #27
29./ 130,010 [6 days] - Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun #15*
30./ 126,618 [7 days] - Laid-Back Camp #12

31./ 120,724 [3 days] - Kaguya-sama: Love is War #21
32./ 119,384 [5 days] - Mystery to Iu Nakare #8
33./ 116,341 [4 days] - Golden Kamuy #25
34./ 115,912 [5 days] - Frieren: Beyond Journey's End #4
35./ 115,566 [7 days] - A Bride's Story #13
36./ 112,093 [4 days] - Shuumatsu no Valkyrie #10
37./ 108,859 [3 days] - Rurouni Kenshin: The Hokkaido Arc #5
38./ 107,521 [5 days] - The Heroic Legend of Arslan#14
39./ 106,827 [4 days] - Laid-Back Camp #11
40./ 106,566 [6 days] - Cells at Work! #6
41./ 104,935 [3 days] - Blue Exorcist #26
42./ 102,546 [3 days] - Golden Kamuy #24
43./ 101,623 [3 days] - Detective Conan: Police Academy Arc Wild Police Story #2
100 thousand ↑

Legend:

Thu May 20, 2021 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next