Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Welcome to the Comics/Manga Sub-Forum 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Welcome to the Comics/Manga Sub-Forum
Welcome to this new sub-forum. We will discuss Comics and Manga related discussions in this thread which will include sales numbers, reviews, impact, gossips and much more...

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:42 am
Hold the door!

Post Re: Welcome to the Comics/Manga Sub-Forum
Cool, definitely looking to read more comics once I finish the novels and non fiction I have. I had a comic book English class in college and it was great fun.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:16 am
Speed Racer

I'll keep a watch for this thread, also, will this thread be updating weekly numbers for comic/manga sales? That would be awesome xD

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:27 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

ren0080 wrote:
I'll keep a watch for this thread, also, will this thread be updating weekly numbers for comic/manga sales? That would be awesome xD

I just made a topic asking for thread suggestions or ideas. :thumbsup:

Weekly sales charts are a definite, at least for me, but I'd like some other thread ideas if you, and everyone else, would like to share them as well.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

zwackerm wrote:
Cool, definitely looking to read more comics once I finish the novels and non fiction I have. I had a comic book English class in college and it was great fun.

What comics have you read?

Very interested in such a class as well. What did it primarily cover?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Why is this under box office bash lol

Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:38 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

If someone else who does not frequent the forum asks it then I'm fine but after so many conversations around this that lol seems awfully harsh zwackerm

Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:41 am
Hold the door!

Corpse wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

What comics have you read?

Very interested in such a class as well. What did it primarily cover?

The class was to look at comics through a lens of social justice, including race, gender, religion and sexual orientation.
We read a lot of different stuff, including the original Action comics 1, and sensation comics 1. We also read Watchmen, Black Panther a nation under our feet, miles morales, batwoman elegy, Wonder Woman earth one, Thor goddess of thunder, Ms Marvel No Normal. For my projects I read the first detective comic, and Batman: Arkham Asylum A Serious House on Serious Earth. For another project I read the original Captain America, and traced the portrayal of Black people as it got gradually less and less racist up until the Falcon was introduced.

My final project was comparing Jane Foster as Thor and Kate Kane as Batwoman to see who was the best female version of a male superhero.

Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:32 am
Veteran

Love it! I'm only familiar with Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop and Akira but hoping to get exposed to more properties through this forum.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]