Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Were the nukes justified? 

Did the US make the right decision nuking Japan?
Yes 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
No 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9

Were the nukes justified? 
Homo Dperious

Post Re: Were the nukes justified?
Shack wrote:
Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
I believe the argument in favor is that less people died overall in WW2 as a result of the nukes, but that could be untrue propaganda as far as I know.

I’d lean towards yes unless I see an argument that the bombing increased overall WW2 deaths.

Invasion of Japan would have killed many more AND someone was always going to discover and demonstrates nuke somehow, it was inevitable and when viewed in that context, all reasonable people know that it was time.

I guess "someone was going to use them so it might as well be the US" is a fair argument

Except someone wasn’t going to use them; at any other time it wouldn’t have been during a major conflict. Testing is not the same thing as dropping them on cities. Anyway, the people killed isn’t even near the most significant problem with them.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:57 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
I believe the argument in favor is that less people died overall in WW2 as a result of the nukes, but that could be untrue propaganda as far as I know.

I’d lean towards yes unless I see an argument that the bombing increased overall WW2 deaths.

Invasion of Japan would have killed many more AND someone was always going to discover and demonstrates nuke somehow, it was inevitable and when viewed in that context, all reasonable people know that it was time.

I guess "someone was going to use them so it might as well be the US" is a fair argument

That’s also just typical homo-sapien or human thinking, which all groups of human use; for the sake of self-interest and self-righteousness.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:59 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:
Appeasement doesn't work. Yes they were right to use nukes. That's not saying it was a good decision. Sometimes you're forced to make a bad decision, but it was the right one to make. It ended the war, and we haven't had another since. Though that might not last much longer.

Nothing was going to work as far as concerns the long term. You’re just showing your extremely limited and shortsighted perspective. Making more and more bad decisions doesn’t ultimately make anything better. Anyway, you can debate about the scale of conflict, but that’s besides the point, and again, shortsighted.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:08 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Anyway, you guys are obviously too immature, emotionally fragile, and stupid (compared to my species) to realize or admit that it’s pointless and hopeless, so you continue to waste time and effort to try to rationalize and justify decisions that will ultimately only make it worse for you and all you want.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:15 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

If someone was so certain to use them, the Cuban Missile Crisis should have ended differently.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:21 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Anyway, your human (or homo sapien) perspective and experience is irrelevant and a waste of time, I should avoid responding unless necessary or essential. You very obviously have no idea whatsoever what you’re talking about, and depend entirely on popularity, consensus, and expectations. You’re not at all, and will permanently remain, if another species, unqualified to have an adult conversation involving my species. The end of that.

I’ll reply regarding the history as related to other nuclear programs later, when I get a chance.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:00 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Btw, to be unambiguous, based on your posts in this thread. You have no right or ability to believe you deserve survival. It is wrong of you to deny that you deserve death, and war. It is completely baseless and pointless (although it may have been a moot point from the beginning anyway) your false gods cannot save you, and there is no possible way to disagree in reality or time. Your morality tells you what you want? So what? Like all human (or homo sapien) morality, it’s based on nothing but self-interest. Your only excuse is that you’re only human; but that’s the same excuse as your enemies. If it’s human nature to deny, then, it’s your waste.

I don’t seek that excuse though.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:42 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

There is nothing whatsoever good about your morality. This is not opinion. If you disagree, it’s only out of self-interest, and your hope for reciprocation. But your posts here cannot be acceptable or tolerated. This is as kind as I expect any truly advanced intelligence to be on the matter.

My obligation is done here.

Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:48 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

My obligation to myself, mine, and my species. Not to yours.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:41 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

For yours perhaps, like any other species, or intelligence - in particular any that can use language - but not to yours.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:44 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

I repeat one last time. Knowledge is not intelligence; knowledge is not innovation; knowledge is not invention; knowledge is not discovery; knowledge is not genius; knowledge is not deduction; knowledge is not a solution; knowledge is not creativity; knowledge is not intuition; knowledge is not an objective determination; knowledge is not a conclusion; knowledge is not analysis; knowledge is not understanding; knowledge is not a rational argument; knowledge is not an explanation; knowledge is not a coherent model or description; knowledge is not a plan; knowledge is not consciousness; knowledge is not conscience.

I don’t care what you know or think you know. That alone is not good enough. Knowledge is perhaps a form of information. Alone it is nothing more.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:
Appeasement doesn't work.

Which is why you must recognize that you have no other option or future whatsoever but unconditional surrender or extinction if you support those decisions. Roosevelt said Pearl Harbor would live in infamy. His own legacy must live in greater infamy with no alternative but unconditional surrender, or extinction. Any effort to remember history differently will be eliminated. Truth and reality will not tolerate your irrational and irresponsible legacy, and those decisions are not human, tolerable, or reconcilable with my species in whatever or any form we take in the future whatsoever.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Your “constitution”, “states”, “governments”, “laws”, “alliances” etc., are also unacceptable, and represent a threat to my species, and are required to comply completely with truth, reality, logic, and responsible decision making, or they will be terminated by whatever means necessary. Any complicity requires unconditional surrender with the only ultimate possible alternative being extinction. This of course includes the “United Nations”.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:50 pm
Profile ICQ
Romosexual!

You okay, DP07? How you been?

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 pm
Homo Dperious

Algren wrote:
Appeasement doesn't work.

Also, I don’t care; I really don’t care. If you don’t want the mercy of me or my new species, you will be left to the mercy of your other enemies. You cannot invalidate the emotions of my new species simply because they are different than yours, or because you don’t understand.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Rev wrote:
You okay, DP07? How you been?

To be completely and totally honest, I feel better than I have since I was at least 12. No comparison whatsoever. You are obviously very bad at judging my emotional state, and by extension, the emotions of my new species.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2