Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Elon Musk 

Elon Musk
Yay 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Nay 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9

Elon Musk 
The Kramer

Post Re: Elon Musk
I get that talking to conservatives is frustrating considering how much harm they do to our world on a daily basis. That's why I don't come into the politics forum that much anymore.

Like Kyle Rittenhouse is online today comparing himself to Jesus. It's amazing the type of heroes these people choose.

However, in the box office forum, we can all agree on who the real heroes are. Rittenhouse would be a clear villain in any Hollywood story. At best he gets put on a Suicide Squad with OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:10 pm
Hold the door!

Kyle Rittenhouse would maybe be protrayed as a villain in 2022, but a vigilante would have been a hero in any movie otherwise

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm
Devil's Advocate

Looks like he made the most of his situation

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:26 pm

zwackerm wrote:
Kyle Rittenhouse would maybe be protrayed as a villain in 2022, but a vigilante would have been a hero in any movie otherwise

No, at best he would be hockey pads guy from Dark Knight, except instead of drug dealers, he’d be shooting at Al Pacino from Serpico.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:25 pm
Top Poster

https://nypost.com/2022/12/02/elon-musk ... p-of-post/

Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy doesn't have Libs and Groucho backing him up anymore as other far leftists on the site

I know this is a very old post but I did just have to say I'm really not a "far leftist." I always considered myself a moderate Democrat and largely still do, lol. Like, I was never really a Bernie Sanders supporter though I would've voted for him in a general election of course.

It just seems like the right has gotten so extreme that my "moderate" views are somehow now seen as "far left."

Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:34 am
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy doesn't have Libs and Groucho backing him up anymore as other far leftists on the site

I know this is a very old post but I did just have to say I'm really not a "far leftist." I always considered myself a moderate Democrat and largely still do, lol. Like, I was never really a Bernie Sanders supporter though I would've voted for him in a general election of course.

It just seems like the right has gotten so extreme that my "moderate" views are somehow now seen as "far left."

I was moreso referring to your attitude than your views.

Like I consider far left people to be the people who talk about Republicans like their idiot scum and dismiss all their ideas outright, even if their views are not actually that far left.

Like there are liberals on this site like Corpse, Darth Indiana Bond, Barrabas etc, that are much more kind to conservatives and Republicans than you and don’t dismiss all their ideas outright like you do.

I am fairly conservative but because I think a lot of liberal ideas are based in good aims, I don’t dismiss them outright and because of this I consider my self at least kind of moderate. Even ideology wise I am moderate on economic and environmental issues, despite being more socially conservative than the average “moderate”

Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:19 am
Devil's Advocate

My initial instinct was Zuckerberg who thinks he's a MMA tough guy taps him out in 10 seconds but why is Musk acting so confident? Could he be into fighting in secret?

Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:39 am

I think both think the other is bluffing

Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yikes

Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not only is this going to piss off users, but I imagine companies and sponsors will be equally pissed because their tweets are being seen my far less users.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I hope by temporary he really means it.

Facebook has to see the opportunity to be the twitter-like app of the future and MySpace the original.

Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:55 pm
now we know

They've also changed visibility for people without accounts. I don't have a Twitter account but used to check a few accounts. Now that's not possible. The only page that comes up now is a login/register page. So that will either get a ton more new accounts or lose a ton of extra page views.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Lol

Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:31 pm
Superfreak

Shack wrote:

Lol

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:16 pm
Devil's Advocate

Wtf is this

Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:40 am
now we know

This guy is just a prick. No other way to put it really. This is the start of him turning Twitter into a We Chat-like multi-purpose app, and I guess the name Twitter just wouldn't suit that, but this is so basic and dull.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:48 am
Profile WWW

What an absolute failure. I used to be a big fan of Elon Musk, but he is clearly hung up on his trans daughter.

Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:12 pm
The Dark Knight

That's such a lame name too.

Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:18 pm
New Server, Same X

I keep circling back to his SNL appearance, when he was ridiculed instead of lauded, which I firmly believe changed his entire online persona to a caterer of the right since the left dared to laugh at him instead of with him. And now history repeats itself. He took Twitter, he expected it to be unanimously thought of as a huge success on his part to take the reins and make Twitter great again (hehe), but once that didn't happen, now he wants to just destroy Twitter by changing everything recognizable about it.

The fact that the words "Twitter", "tweet", "retweet" became a part of the public's vocabulary, which sounded so silly like 15 years ago, is astounding. Even more astounding is deciding to undo it all because you didn't get the validation you sought.

There's always a chance he's trolling (hehe), but the more likely answer is he's a big baby that needs his ego constantly stroked.

Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:17 am
now we know

Mister Ecks wrote:
I keep circling back to his SNL appearance, when he was ridiculed instead of lauded, which I firmly believe changed his entire online persona to a caterer of the right since the left dared to laugh at him instead of with him. And now history repeats itself. He took Twitter, he expected it to be unanimously thought of as a huge success on his part to take the reins and make Twitter great again (hehe), but once that didn't happen, now he wants to just destroy Twitter by changing everything recognizable about it.

The fact that the words "Twitter", "tweet", "retweet" became a part of the public's vocabulary, which sounded so silly like 15 years ago, is astounding. Even more astounding is deciding to undo it all because you didn't get the validation you sought.

There's always a chance he's trolling (hehe), but the more likely answer is he's a big baby that needs his ego constantly stroked.

This analysis is bang on.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I’ve warmed up to the X branding

Meanwhile the anti-Musk coverage is starting to feel a lot like anti-Trumpism by calling him a traitor, anti-semite, etc. Musk buying twitter did serious damage to the far left’s censorship/social engineering so they are ramping up the attacks to make the 52 year old 250 billionaire with one less kid than Nick Cannon decide he has better things to do than face a Trump like legal onslaught geared at him.

Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:10 pm
Top Poster

Elon funding gina carano’s lawsuit against Disney:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/other/ ... r-BB1hSLjb

Melissa Barrera next?

Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4