Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
 Cancellation/race/trans/etc. thread 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Cancellation thread
DP07 wrote:
Shack wrote:
DP07 wrote:
Reality, math and logic etc. define science.

If they're actually engaging in real science

A fundamentalist scientist who's trying to prove evolution isn't real, is not really engaging in science for example, he's engaging in activism for his religion. As a result his method is to starts with the conclusion that evolution isn't real, and then cherry picks all the evidence to support it, and intentionally ignores the evidence in favor of evolution. This method is the opposite of science that starts with evidence and then draws conclusions from it, or lets their original hypothesis be challenged by new evidence.

I have no reason to take seriously scientists who use this circular logic seriously, no matter how many PHDs they have. In an ideal world peer review would be able to spot obviously biased science... unless the peer reviewers share the same religious or quasi-religious views as him. At that point they're more likely to reject him for not being subjective enough towards their beliefs.

When it comes to how why the right doesn't "trust the science" on things like covid and climate change, this is how they're viewing those scientists. They view left wing ideologues as having taken over the science field in order to be soldiers for their ideology, and once the top universities purged non-left wing thinking from peer review, it became nearly impossible for a conservative to reach the type of credentials that the people like Fauci propped out by the government and media do. The idea that you're not allowed to question the science on things like covid, goes against what science is supposed to be, which is something to be challenged and tested.

OMG!!! Your accusing “leftist scientists” of doing something and engaging in bad science because you admit that religious scientists have done so? That doesn’t provide evidence that the scientific consensus on something like climate change is wrong. Scientists who doubted the evidence have changed their minds. And you talk about circular thinking? Have you read any science on climate change? It’s very clear and convincing. Evidence, logic, math, reality, and truth do have an advantage, because they cannot be whatever you want them to be. That is not political. I don’t even believe in “western science” it’s peer review process, or its philosophy of science. As far as I’m concerned the arena of science is the universe, reality, and the languages, like math or logic, that can describe, explain, and enable you to exactly understand it. That is the only thing everyone is required to recognize. Sooner or later anyway.

Who said you can’t question the science on Coronavirus? Rational, scientific criticism is one thing, but most of the attacks on the internet are political, religious, or conspiratorial. It’s not science if it continues to oppose the truth and reality.

If you're not trying to deny that wokeness is a real psychological phenomenon that's driven the last few years, do you trust a woke person to be an objective scientist? For me it's obvious we should not, the signature trait of woke people is their pride in their complete lack of objectivity almost like they're competing with each other to be the least objective, and their 100/100 emotional intensity about political issues meaning they can't calm down and use reason (for me personally I view it as a modern religion that filled a vacuum created by millennial atheists, but I know it's hard to get there for some people)

So all it would take is for a lot of these people to go into science for its status as an objective institution to completely fall, and not only is science not immune to its numbers getting taken over by the woke, but like journalism it's an especially big target due to the power it has to influence people who presume it's objective. In addition the majority of scientists had to pass through left wing dominated university system which is really the Wuhan of this thing, college campuses adopted things like cancel culture long before it went mainstream in recent years.

Wed May 11, 2022 5:42 am
The Dark Knight

Marx had a very good insight into the mechanisms of capitalism and the way the market economy works. Some of his conclusions remain relevant today. His political philosophy however is another story entirely. It's a shame he's become somewhat of a bogeyman for many people, most of whom have probably never read his work.

Wed May 11, 2022 8:30 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Shack that's the most conspiracy theory shit I've ever read my dude. "woke science" fuck off man

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed May 11, 2022 12:15 pm
New Server, Same X

The way the right has weaponized the word "woke" to be the boogeyman of humanity is hilarious.

Fri May 13, 2022 7:23 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

It's funny how everyone is pro-science (trust the science!) until you bring up the notion that the human brain did not stop evolving 70,000 years ago.

Wed May 18, 2022 2:54 am
Homo Dperious

All of you need to fuck off forever. No ifs, ands, or buts. I really mean it when I say I don’t care about politics. I’m well aware of all your pathetic rationalizations. Nothing. Never. Don’t cross the line. Don’t. Don’t. Don’t. Nothing. Never. Really. That’s it.

Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:46 pm
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/sta ... 9210547208

You can't really get many people to believe in Marxism in terms of class anymore, but if you dress it up in things like race and gender you can basically run the same playbook that has melted people's brains in other countries in the past. Essentially the mental virus mutated to get around the immunity against class Marxism.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:42 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I mean this very seriously. Get a fucking therapist. You seriously need help.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 am
Hold the door!

Fat activists are mad they cast Emma Thompson as the Trunchbull and then put her in a fatsuit. Where were they when Colin Farrell contributed to fat erasure as the Penguin?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 pm
Keeping it Light

Shack wrote:

Still a great show

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

stuffp wrote:
Shack wrote:

Still a great show

Yeah that video made me like it more

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:35 am

That was actually pretty funny

Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:28 pm
Devil's Advocate

Manbun guy interrupting her and then proudly nodding was perfect

Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:35 pm

That was a good moment for sure, but the comedic timing was on point

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:43 pm
Hold the door!

And Chris Pratt is starting to grovel and backtrack all his public statements about his faith.

Disappointing. Never apologize to the mob

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:23 am
Romosexual!

Shack wrote:

Shit :funny: I keep forgetting the new movie is up

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:07 am
Homo Dperious

Marxism and most leftist movements are compromised, populist, frequently hypocritical, neo-colonialist, generally euro-centric systems that ironically are used to suppress native peoples, religions, and cultures (and perpetuate its destruction of nature) usually to the advantage of western civilization, its allies, and its economic, political, strategic, security, psychological, and cultural interests. They can talk about patriarchy, but even if they are right, they are just another example of patriarchy, one that appeals to emotion rather that logic, realism or consistency.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:54 pm
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

Correct, people like Mao that had 50 mansions and were eating gourmet meals while their people were starving, were not interesting in any sort of class equality. That's just the bullshit they fed the masses to give them power.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:00 pm
Homo Dperious

The famine in Ukraine and Russia under Stalin was actually caused largely by bad science that was ignorant of Mendelian genetics. The cultural revolution in China was also poorly planned; in fact it was a complete and total failure of functional statehood. You can play moral and political games, but it doesn’t mean much in terms of the way the world really works. And to be honest, politics and morality is almost always irrational nonsense, that is not only lacking in any worthwhile qualities, but is actively harmful, counterproductive, and wrong in every meaningful sense of the word. Morality is almost always part of the problem, and not only that, it generally doesn’t deserve what it wants, rather it deserves the opposite; it deserves death, war, and destruction. At least if it is irrational; as human morality usually is; and as western morality almost exclusively is.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:42 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Translation: I tell you to fuck off; you listen to me or lose everything you want. Surrender forever to the “Goddess of Logic” or you have no future and are finished forever.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:04 pm
Profile ICQ
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Post Re: Your predictions for The Little Mermaid?
There is definitely backlash against the casting choice because much hoopla has been made about traditionally non-white characters being cast with white actors, so now people see the blatant hypocrisy coming from Hollywood.

I'm not sure how much it will affect the film domestically because the fact that it's a black Ariel could bring out more black audiences that offset the whites and especially Latinos, who are much more openly anti-black, that won't take their families to see the film anymore. Internationally I think unless the film is really spectacular it will affect grosses, particularly in Asia and Latin America.

With a white actress this would be a guaranteed $1B+ film. Now I'm not so sure. But the fanfare around it may be enough that it gets there anyway. I did notice in the trailer that they very carefully did not show her face until the very end, so by the time you see Ariel you're already pumped for it perhaps. Her face also looks a lot lighter than it does IRL due to the make-up/lighting of choice, which I don't think is a coincidence. I would not be surprised if they subtly change her skin colour a bit in the posters for international markets. I would also not be surprised if she is not featured as heavily in the next trailers or is mostly seen from shots behind while she's swimming where you can't see her face.

Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:06 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Holy shit y'all are racist as fuck, lmao. They won't feature THE LITTLE MERMAID heavily in the next trailer for... The Little Mermaid? Are you high? Stupid?

You all really need to stay away from right wing media. It's completely fucking you up. It has one of the highest trailer views of all time. Who gives a shit if a bunch of idiot trolls "dislike bomb" it. They're doing it for attention, to get articles written about how "hated" the trailer is. And mainstream media then falls for it by giving them oxygen. It's the same shit over and over.

If the movie looks good, it will do huge numbers. If it doesn't look good, it will do average numbers. That has always been it, and that will always be it.

And it's hilarious saying this is "blackwashing" and comparing it to Hollywood casting white guys to play people from Africa or the Middle East. Mermaids aren't fucking real, you dumbasses. They can be whatever color the creators want.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:15 am
now we know

Barrabás wrote:
Her face also looks a lot lighter than it does IRL due to the make-up/lighting of choice, which I don't think is a coincidence.

Probably true. The casting is somewhat clever. If their goal was to pick a black actress over the "right person for the role", they certainly picked well. She's pretty, with a light skin tone, and her eyes have a fishlike quality being so far apart.

Going back to the way the media has reported on it, this film seems to be an ideological battlefield. I think that may actually help it (as BLM buoyed Black Panther). I've noticed tons of sites purposely goading those that are against the casting. They've created a new title for the movie. Every post is "The Little Mermaid starring Halle Bailey", as if that's the actual title of the movie. It's used with such frequency that it feels coordinated and taunting.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next