Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Cancellation/race/trans/etc. thread 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Cancellation/race/trans/etc. thread
I guess me and John Mayer have one thing in common

Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:02 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:12 am
Devil's Advocate

The video going around of 5 black cops going Rodney King on a guy is a reminder it was a leap to assume every police brutality incident is about racism, I think testosterone and animosity between cops and criminals is bigger factor.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:56 am
Devil's Advocate

Yeah I don't think there's any way to defend this one after seeing this angle. These dudes are going to prison.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:37 am
Keeping it Light

Shack wrote:
The video going around of 5 black cops going Rodney King on a guy is a reminder it was a leap to assume every police brutality incident is about racism, I think testosterone and animosity between cops and criminals is bigger factor.

I think it's the other way around, imagine a different color on this guy and do you think they still would have acted the same way.
They saw a lanky and easy to overpower, black young man, they could get a probably away with murdering. Anyway sick behavior and they should go away for long.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:22 am

I think the issue with race in the realm of the police comes from profiling and an unfortunate amount of the forces across the country harboring members of racist organizations.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:51 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not going to bother watching any of the videos. Everything points toward it being sickening.

Just hope all 5 get life in prison. They deserve far worse, but it's the minimal price to pay for such behavior. Maybe some dudes in prison can help make them regret their lives every day.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Zach Levi under some heat for questioning our big pharma overlords

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 am
The Kramer

Trump promises to cancel all transgender people if he wins in 2024

He already had the nomination locked, but this would've pushed him over if he hadn't. Nothing a republican loves more than making their fellow Americans feel sub-human.

Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:42 am
Devil's Advocate

Like other issues such as the bathroom one it's a no win situation, as yes there are kids that grow up to be trans adults that wish they started the physical change earlier, but on the other hand it's just too easy for 12 year olds to have no idea what they're talking about (remembering that while some 12 year olds are like 15 year olds mentally, others are like 9 year olds), are into it on a totally shallow level as a social media/Tik Tok fad, are really on the early pathway to being a cis gay person, or are their trans activist parents' vegan cat. Furthermore not only are they took young to know whether they're trans, they're also young to make the decision whether they want to be of the closet about it or take into account what it means for their social/career/etc. life, there are people out there in a trans closet that don't regret it, maybe it's hard for us to understand but there are a lot of people out here I don't understand for various reasons, they have their reasons and may be glad they didn't make things official early on. People that age also haven't formed their opinions on drugs in general - I am someone who's had a lot of hardships in my life mentally and one thing I've never wanted to do was go the pills route, it's just not in my philosophy. If I was trans I suspect I wouldn't want to take any drugs or change my body, and I'd be furious if I'd been pushed into it when I was a more dumb 12 year old. Even for trans kids that grow up to be trans adults, thinking that the answer to their problems is pumping a bunch of hormonal drugs into them is a decision they're not ready to make when they're 12. I wouldn't have 12 year olds take antidepressants for the same reason.

Ideally for me people with gender dysphoria would be told they have multiple options - they can go all the way with the physical transformation, they can identify as trans but just change stuff like their hair and clothes, or they can go to therapy to try to break the dysphoria learn to accept their own body. If someone decides of those options the best is the physical transformation, that's fine, but it seems like something you have to be a little older to really decide. There are some people who went the physical transformation route that ended up more unhappy and eventually dead, so it's not a perfect solution.

Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:22 am
Hold the door!

People who’ve already transitioned should have access as it’s too late, but it will be a great thing if we get to a point where we stop lying to people saying they can become the opposite sex. It’s impossible. People should get treatment for their mental health and get to the bottom of why they are uncomfortable in their body. Some people will never be happy in their body, but there’s a reason trans people were far less than 1% of the population until recently. We’ve started telling everyone with any body discomfort whatsoever they’re probably trans

Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:29 am
now we know

I think this fits nicely here:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

And just like that they’re uncanceled. Obviously a PR stunt

Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:50 pm
New Server, Same X

Can we cancel Twitter now that Elon wants to charge for two-factor authentication? I legit thought it was a joke when I saw the first tweet about it this morning until it prompted me to turn it off until I sub to Blue.

I keep reading that it's not even a great 2FA option, which makes the decision to charge for it even worse.

And if I get Twitter Blue, SOON I will be seeing 50% less ads in my timeline. 50%!!!

Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:14 pm
Top Poster

Dilbert

Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Btw comparing Scott Adams/Dilbert with Justin Rowland/Rick and Morty. I don’t care that Rowland got cancelled as long as Rick and Morty didn’t get cancelled and continue on. So like if someone suitable take over Dilbert I don’t really care that Adams get cancelled as long as Dilbert can continue in a different form,

Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Alex Y. wrote:
Btw comparing Scott Adams/Dilbert with Justin Rowland/Rick and Morty. I don’t care that Rowland got cancelled as long as Rick and Morty didn’t get cancelled and continue on. So like if someone suitable take over Dilbert I don’t really care that Adams get cancelled as long as Dilbert can continue in a different form,

He'll probably just post them online or on a right wing site

While a long time right wing social media fixture, Scott Adams reputation has been a little bit mixed even on that side after being pro-vax and the whole personality acting like he's smarter than everyone and a persuasion studied puppet master pulling the strings making it hard to tell how much is real beliefs and how much his social experiment, so this may have been an intentional seppuku to martyr himself to restore his cred, seems a bit desperate though.

Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:57 pm
Hold the door!

I’m seeing a lot of hate for Zach Levi online lately. What did he do?

All I can find online was an interview where he criticized Pfizer and is an outspoken Christian, which I guess is enough to get certain people to hate Chris Pratt. But it’s been known Levi is a Christian for a while.

Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yeah he questioned Pfizer and is a libertarian that doesn't like Trump but empathizes with conservatives. Not allowed!

Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:50 pm
The Kramer

Just a quick search tells me that he thinks of himself as an "enlightened" thinker. Which means there's now a countdown until he starts talking about how the jews run the world. We've all seen this show before.

Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:28 am
Devil's Advocate

Kanye said he likes jews now after he say Jonah Hill in 21 Jump Street

Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:27 am

Dolly Parton now

Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:42 pm
Hold the door!

Apparently Dylan Mulvaney is the new face of Bud Light and it’s not an April fools joke.

What will it take for him to just go away lol :funny:

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:19 am
The Kramer

Bud Light cancelled by conservatives for rainbows.

Who seriously still drinks bud light though? There are so many good beers out there now.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:06 pm

Yuengling is the true American beer.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next