Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 2024 election - Second Republican debate 

Is Biden vs Trump 2 really going to happen?
Yes, it is inevitable 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
No - A rematch just doesn’t feel right! Something has to give 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

2024 election - Second Republican debate 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: GOP 2024
Republican base upset at Noem for getting pushed around by Amazon and NCAA on the trans sports issue. However she said they need to get multiple states together to do it at once so the NCAA thinks twice about going to war with all of them. In some ways admirable to do something that would be unpopular with the voters but she felt was the right path, if she's telling the truth.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:33 am
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Trump is a winning candidate within the GOP but will lose on the national level. I think if DeSantis secures the nomination he’d win the election

If he's going against either a Biden that would be turning 82 a few weeks after the election or Harris who was a disaster in the recent primary and brings the usual misogyny baggage to female candidates, is it that far fetched he could beat them?

Moderates are never going to vote for Trump, it’s not going to happen. I know so many conservatives who couldn’t stomach him and flipped for Biden in 2020.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:21 am
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:
Trump is a winning candidate within the GOP but will lose on the national level. I think if DeSantis secures the nomination he’d win the election

If he's going against either a Biden that would be turning 82 a few weeks after the election or Harris who was a disaster in the recent primary and brings the usual misogyny baggage to female candidates, is it that far fetched he could beat them?

Moderates are never going to vote for Trump, it’s not going to happen. I know so many conservatives who couldn’t stomach him and flipped for Biden in 2020.

He had enough moderate support to win one election and lost the other by like 40,000 combined votes in 3 states, despite getting screwed over by big tech picking sides (not even getting to the other stuff), and a pandemic ruining his economy

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:51 am
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

He had enough moderate support to win one election and lost the other by like 40,000 combined votes in 3 states, despite getting screwed over by big tech picking sides (not even getting to the other stuff), and a pandemic ruining his economy

I mean if you want another scrape of a victory. I think another candidate could win both the popular and electoral vote if they played their cards right.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:54 am
Devil's Advocate

Pretty obvious he's running

Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Unfortunately for the GOP yes. DeSantis would clober the Democrats in 2024, but Trump can only hope for another huge upset to win.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:44 pm
The Kramer

Will his base storm government buildings and kill police officers every time he loses a primary?

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:06 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Will his base storm government buildings and kill police officers every time he loses a primary?

No police died in the Capitol trespass incident.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:22 pm

Wait, but they did?

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:49 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Wait, but they did?

When has truth been relevant? Anything that does not support a person's own argument is media hoax........ just like COVID.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:42 am
Hold the door!

Wait, but they did?

One died of a heart attack shortly after but they were not “killed”.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:44 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
Wait, but they did?

Truth is no one was killed! Shame on the person for dying of weak heart.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:45 am
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Wait, but they did?

One of the rioters was killed.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:01 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

zwackerm wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Wait, but they did?

One of the rioters was killed.

Don't believe that it's just false information spread my media. Let's wait for Alex to find some material around it.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:40 am
Top Poster

Lol why am I being mentioned above?

Back to thread topic, Interesting GOP scenario:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-e ... 2021-6?amp

Trump as Speaker of the House in 2022 to impeach Biden, so then DeSantis could run as president in 2024.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Alex no conspiracy theory today. :(

Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:37 pm
Hold the door!

I really hope Trump endorses Desantis rather than running himself. He’s gonna be 78 and knows there are many Republicans and moderate Democrats that would vote for Desantis but not him.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:58 pm

zwackerm wrote:
I really hope Trump endorses Desantis rather than running himself. He’s gonna be 78 and knows there are many Republicans and moderate Democrats that would vote for Desantis but not him.

Problem is Trump doesn’t care about any movement or cause or ideology. It is all about himself. Why do you think he is so hung up on the 2020 election?

Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

The Republicans have very little chance unless they win the Rust Belt again so Trump has a better map than DeSantis.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

It has to be Trump there is no fun otherwise when a party losses so gracefully.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Still doubt Trump runs again since he's a person that can't accept losing. Most people with that mindset talk big, but rarely ever really try again (in whatever field) out of fear of being viewed as a loser (again), thus making all the time they spend trying to deny reality more difficult. It hits them pretty hard psychologically, and they're usually content with just denying the original failure/loss versus trying to overcome it.

IF he plays a big role in the midterms next year, with the candidates he backs for the House/Senate winning big, allowing the GOP to retake the chambers, then maybe he'll run for President again. But that's a big maybe as his sore loser syndrome is really, really deep and likely not something a man of his age can easily overcome at this point in his life. This would give him a reason other than "I didn't really lose the first time! They cheated! I got 74.2 trillion votes and all 538 EVs!" that he can latch onto for support.

Strong likelihood that he'll just make the occasional comments that suggests he's looking into running again over the next couple years. Then he won't enter the primaries (again, because of all the reasons above--the sore loser syndrome), but will continue to hint at still running as a third party candidate post-primaries to just further feed his own ego until the actual deadlines pass to make the November ballot. (And even then, he'll probably continue to pretend that he's going to run until after the election.)

Best to simply ignore his existence regarding this until he'd actual file to run.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
The Republicans have very little chance unless they win the Rust Belt again so Trump has a better map than DeSantis.

Why do people in the rust belt not like Desantis?

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

DeSantis apparently is relatively environmental and anti-fracking by Republican standards. Although I think it's more that Trump is great in rust belt than DeSantis is necessarily terrible.

DeSantis probably would have better chance of winning back Georgia and Arizona in addition to securing ones like Texas, Florida, North Carolina. However Georgia and Arizona were only 27 of the 37 seat margin in 2020. So DeSantis would probably need to win a rust belt state, but if he wins Georgia and Arizona while Trump loses them, at least he only needs to win one rust belt state vs probably all of them for Trump.

I have seen some people be very pessimistic about Georgia no matter what Republicans do, though. Due to tax breaks it is has become one of the film/tv centers of the country with the MCU, shows like Walking Dead and Atlanta, etc filming there, and lots of California lefties moving there as a result. Atlanta is also a top 10 metro area making it another Democrat state where the votes in the city are enough to win it. I have heard suggested that instead of playing defense chasing Georgia and Arizona they should instead focus on turning the rust belt permanent Republican as fast as the south turns Democrat.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:29 am
Hold the door!

Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

DeSantis apparently is relatively environmental and anti-fracking by Republican standards. Although I think it's more that Trump is great in rust belt than DeSantis is necessarily terrible.

DeSantis probably would have better chance of winning back Georgia and Arizona in addition to securing ones like Texas, Florida, North Carolina. However Georgia and Arizona were only 27 of the 37 seat margin in 2020. So DeSantis would probably need to win a rust belt state, but if he wins Georgia and Arizona while Trump loses them, at least he only needs to win one rust belt state vs probably all of them for Trump.

I have seen some people be very pessimistic about Georgia no matter what Republicans do, though. Due to tax breaks it is has become one of the film/tv centers of the country with the MCU, shows like Walking Dead and Atlanta, etc filming there, and lots of California lefties moving there as a result. Atlanta is also a top 10 metro area making it another Democrat state where the votes in the city are enough to win it. I have heard suggested that instead of playing defense chasing Georgia and Arizona they should instead focus on turning the rust belt permanent Republican as fast as the south turns Democrat.

Republicans can definitely win back Arizona easily. The main reason they lost it is Trumps unpopularity there, not Republicans. Phoenix is one of the few cities in America that is not a one party city.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next