Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next
 2024 election - Second Republican debate 

Is Biden vs Trump 2 really going to happen?
Yes, it is inevitable 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
No - A rematch just doesn’t feel right! Something has to give 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

2024 election - Second Republican debate 
Hold the door!

Post Re: GOP 2024
I mean, Biden will still be president so a lot of people who know who the president is and nothing else about the government will still vote against Biden in 2024

Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:59 pm
Hold the door!

"Republicans are evil fuckers" lol. Tin foil hat much?

People like Republican policies but not politicians. So if the Republicans blow their good will after the midterms it will be their own fault for nominating a moron like Trump or a RINO.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:00 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Nobody likes Republican policies. You'd have to be completely not plugged into American politics to think people agree with Republican policies.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:57 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
Nobody likes Republican policies. You'd have to be completely not plugged into American politics to think people agree with Republican policies.

OK. It's not like there's a huge exit from blue states like california and New york to states like Texas and Florida.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

Trump has a pretty high floor, he had a lot going against him in 2020 and still almost won. All he really needs is less popular Biden, and that's not considering possibility he's facing Harris who looks worse and worse

Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:29 pm
The Kramer

Harris will not be part of the final two. Ever. Nobody likes her. She had one star making performance at the first debate and has taken that momentum as far as it will go.

I didn't want Biden to run again, but there doesn't appear to anyone else since Stacey is focusing on Georgia.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Harris situation is bizarre. It can only boil down to her having significant character flaws, I think. She almost feels out of place? I don't really think she was a serious consideration to run in place of Biden in 2024 like some still believe (this will only be the case if Biden just can't physically/mentally run again, and he seems fine for the time being). But she should have certainly be a strong name in 2028, either as Biden's second-term replacement or just running herself.

And the continued obsession with Trump by around 1/4 or 1/3 of the country is still very weird. I don't know how someone can put another up on this pedestal of full-on acceptance, support, appeasement, and as a person to basically become themselves. And I honestly can't respect anyone who are essentially dedicating their lives like that (in general, too, not just Trump in this case). It's... inhuman. They're not really... a person.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Kamala Harris is one of the funniest comedians in America with some of the best quotes.
"It's time to do what we have been doing and that time is every day."
"Because as we all know, elections matter. And when folks vote, they order what they want, and in this case they got what they asked for."
"Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:31 pm
Devil's Advocate

I swear her IQ has fallen in half since 2020

Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:33 pm
Devil's Advocate

Imo the average person in the US is the right of the current Democrats policy wise and cares more about inflation and less about things like the environment and infrastructure spending than they do.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:59 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

You just truly can't actually read anything, can you?

The polling didn't ask about a SINGLE policy. It asked about vague "left wing!!!" policies and the democrats are "CATERING TO THE FAR LEFT OMFG".

Not a single question on the poll actually asked voters about policies, which time and time again, the majority of the country has shown to APPROVE of left wing policies. But dumbasses like to use scare words and generalizations.

Also, The Hill is Fox News lite, and this was an Opinion piece. Good lord at least try.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:47 pm

I think Zwack is right though in that inflation is one of the main focuses of the average voter and a lot, although misguided and sometimes inept, blame Biden as if he is some magical economic demon who has cursed the economy with his liberal boogeyman policies. Much of the economy’s issues are from fallout with the pandemic, OPEC, Putin, and honestly, the fallout from the Trade War with China from the Trump years and Trump’s poor relationship with NATO leading to weakened trade with Europe prior to the pandemic. I think the worst thing Biden has done in regards to the economy is the Keystone Pipeline situation, which I have said before is a bit overblown.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I think Zwack is right though in that inflation is one of the main focuses of the average voter and a lot, although misguided and sometimes inept, blame Biden as if he is some magical economic demon who has cursed the economy with his liberal boogeyman policies. Much of the economy’s issues are from fallout with the pandemic, OPEC, Putin, and honestly, the fallout from the Trade War with China from the Trump years and Trump’s poor relationship with NATO leading to weakened trade with Europe prior to the pandemic. I think the worst thing Biden has done in regards to the economy is the Keystone Pipeline situation, which I have said before is a bit overblown.

Even if it’s true Biden isn’t fully responsible, he still wanted to spend 5 trillion when inflation was already 5%. I’d say the intent matters as much as doing it in terms of approving of him, even if Manchin blocked the biggest move. The 1.9 trillion infrastructure they did pass also has no impact yet as it just became official now.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:24 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:

The polling didn't ask about a SINGLE policy. It asked about vague "left wing!!!" policies and the democrats are "CATERING TO THE FAR LEFT OMFG".

Not a single question on the poll actually asked voters about policies, which time and time again, the majority of the country has shown to APPROVE of left wing policies. But dumbasses like to use scare words and generalizations.

Also, The Hill is Fox News lite, and this was an Opinion piece. Good lord at least try.

The majority of voters approve of policies they think are closest to the center. Not "left wing or right wing" policies. Obama was able to portray himself as moderate, Trump was able to be portrayed as an extremist even though it was mainly his personality people didn't like rather than his policies, and Biden was also mainly elected as a more moderate alternative to Trump.

If Democrats are able to successfully paint whoever the Rep nominee is in 2024 as an extremist, that will be the main reason they win rather than their actual policies.

Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:38 am
The Kramer

After the last two elections, I don't trust the polls at all. People purposely lie on them.

Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:44 am
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:

The majority of voters approve of policies they think are closest to the center. Not "left wing or right wing" policies. Obama was able to portray himself as moderate, Trump was able to be portrayed as an extremist even though it was mainly his personality people didn't like rather than his policies, and Biden was also mainly elected as a more moderate alternative to Trump.

If Democrats are able to successfully paint whoever the Rep nominee is in 2024 as an extremist, that will be the main reason they win rather than their actual policies.

The closest people to the middle in terms of voters should be Manchin (most right wing Democrat) and Romney (most left wing Republican). If anything there are more conservatives since a higher % of minorities vote Democrat than you would expect just from their views. So since people like Biden and Pelosi have been acting a lot more progressive than Manchin in the last year based on Build Back Better, it would make sense to say they are left of the middle's views.

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Has the GOP (House) ever had a worse 24 hours?

-Leaked (confirmed) photos of Cawthorn in women’s lingerie and sporting nice nail polish after he and others in the party back the "End of Men, go shirtless everywhere and do more manly things like tanning your balls!" thing Tucker and the GOP are promoting. Dude looks pretty good, though! Still a stupid douche, but perhaps a victim of sexual repression as is often the situation with many in these cases.

-Greene having amnesia during her trial to see if she'll be disqualified to run for re-election, her defense being torn apart by her own works/actions as evidence.

-Audio recording of McCarthy being caught in a direct lie, and exposed as a liar and coward. Being caught on tape (01/10/21) with GOP leadership (including Cheney!) saying how he'd have a discussion with Trump about resigning before he left office or risk being impeached by both chambers. After saying he never had such discussions (after Cheney said he did) and even kicking Cheney out of leadership because she voted for something he himself was recommending! Wow.

I probably missed some stuff too.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:14 pm
Profile WWW

Does it even matter? The GOP is immune to embarrassment and being held accountable.

Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

This will probably make MTG more popular

Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:41 pm
The Kramer

MTG is accusing everyone and their mother of being a pedophile ... while standing right next to Matt Gaetz - an actual pedophile. Her fanbase doesn't care about things like breaking the law and telling the truth.

Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:51 am

DeSantis might have just shot himself in the foot with trying to end Disney’s district in Florida. His loyal fans will root him on thinking he stuck it to the mouse, but a lot of people are starting to realize all he actually did was shift infrastructure burdens from Disney to the local counties of Orange and Osceola.

DeSantis looked like the clear front runner to win in 2024, but this huge blunder might now cost him re-election

Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:27 am
Devil's Advocate

The right may be splitting a bit into two sides that both consider the woke left a totalitarian existential threat, but disagree on both tactics against them. One school of logic is that conservatives must win at all costs even if it means copying their tactics with things like cancellation/censorship/labels, and that instead of merely just playing defense the left's enroachment on culture which has led to the right slowly losing ground for decades, they must play offense and start imposing conservative views on people themselves. DeSantis anti-Disney actions and the whole groomer thing would be popular to people with this POV. The alternative push back would be that you can't beat totalitarianism with totalitarianism, and that continuing to take a pro-free speech pro-constitutional high road is best route and has been working to sway people. Not sure if he agrees with her or not but Trump's former lawyer has been making anti-DeSantis posts taking that viewpoint.

Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:48 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't know if I feel "bad" for Cawthorn or not. A video of him, naked, leaked earlier where he's touching and humping his (male) cousin in bed.

*Maybe* you can explain away the lingerie photos as silly drunk party acts (...), and I guess even the video where his cousin is reaching over and touching his crotch (no homo bro stuff?). But another video where he's naked in bed with him, humping him, where another guy is filming and saying to put it in his face next? I have little doubt they'll be an actual sex tape leaked if this one doesn't sink him.

I don't actually feel bad because it reveals his hypocrisy, so he had it coming, but having people, presumably close friends and allies (or formally now, I guess) expose him (literally) draws *some* sympathy since he was likely raised to try and suppress himself and all that damaging nonsense.

And those orgies he mentioned must have *some* truth to them after this. There are no doubt several (a few, at minimum) closeted gay/bi members in the GOP who'd invite a handsome young man like him over for, well, entertainment.

Wed May 04, 2022 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

I unfortunately saw the video on my timeline and it is no doubt a sarcastic piece of strange humor. It is not a sex tape and is, indeed, similar to the type of frat bro humor guys play on each other. It doesn't change the fact that Cawthorn is an exceptionally odd fellow who has no place in congress.

Wed May 04, 2022 8:26 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's clearly meant to be humor. The main thing the leaks prove is that Cawthorn likes to party and has the personality of a frat bro type guy. Yolo I guess.

Thu May 05, 2022 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next