Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2016 what if Clinton had won? 
Homo Dperious

Post Re: 2016 what if Clinton had won?
zwackerm wrote:
Other people killing their children definitely affects everyone in society. 60 million people legally killed not being here definitely affects everyone. There's a reason Republicans fight so hard against abortion in comparison to say, gay marriage. Lives are not at stake in gay marriage.

You fight hard for everything in your America because you are too stupid (not only Republicans or even all politicians, but your entire civilization, probably your entire species), to realize it’s completely hopeless and pointless. Your only hope is self-destruction, defeat by undermining yourself through hypocrisy, mitigating the damage of your own bad decisions, undermining your own foolish hope for the future, or surrender to the truth, or more honestly, my species. You feel entitled that this can’t be true because you are unable to admit that you have no right or ability to expect anything but death, war, pain, suffering and destruction; because there is absolutely nothing whatsoever good about any of the idiotic morality you have ever believed in. The only good thing about it is everything that it fears and denies. Everything it wants but always fights against until you have no choice. The lesson you really need to learn is the one you are most terrified of. Regardless of what you think or convince yourself of, you are reflexively defensive, fearful, insecure, desperate, in perpetual denial; most especially when you become certain you are not; or you think you are the opposite. When faced with hopelessness, and emotional devastation, you would consider unfathomable, and impossible to admit, accept, or come to terms with, your only hope is ignorant bliss because it might prevent you from hurting yourself, or making a mistake because you can’t control your response to your worst fears. And regardless of how many times you think you “wake up” or become more aware over time; out of necessity; there are always more layers of ignorant bliss, in fact, you make it worse, and more complicated, because you cling to assumptions that you feel you cannot let go of without abandoning your “humanity”. This isn’t just a phrase or something that I’m saying; if my words here do not make it obvious that my “human nature” or “species” or “consciousness” are very different from yours, then you are mistaking the nature of my efforts to be as kind as possible with these cruel words. Do not mistake any sympathy for anything you would consider emotionally similar (or honestly “normal” as you expect it), do not mistake it for agreement, do not mistake it for tolerance, and sorry to say, but do not mistake it for respect. Don’t mistake it for selfishness or selflessness either; and if you don’t get what I mean by that I’m not going to bother to explain. It is your human nature, as you know it, to seek a sense of validation based on emotion and social or cultural expectations, acceptance, and mutual agreement or respect. This is irrelevant to me (and yes, my entire species; these things exist in our experience, but they are always secondary to truth). I will always sacrifice everything for the truth regardless of the consequences, cost, challenges, suffering, or rewards. There is no lengths I will not go to; you don’t want to test me if you know what’s good for you. Whether you want to admit it or not; your “humanity” and “consciousness” are defined very differently from mine and any other future member of my species. There, that’s the best of the worst you will get out of me. Don’t test, or take my patience or control of my temper for granted; if you abuse it by ignoring what I said, you will lose everything you want; as you always do. I really don’t care whatsoever about your desires to protect your interests or double down on what you feel is right. I may not be cruel enough to directly destroy the things you care most about; but regardless, they will not survive if they fight the truth. You best believe me when I tell you that I do not invest in or say these sorts of things unless I understand them. Don’t try to challenge me like you’re pretending to be an adult of my species; you cannot possibly be prepared for that. If you know what’s good for you, you should be glad and thankful that I don’t take you seriously. For your sake, I hope this all seems too unbelievable to recognize as real or seem worth responding to.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:16 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

It’s done.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:16 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Corpse wrote:
Shack wrote:
Corpse wrote:
Republicans need to fight hard for...

-Higher living wages
-Universal health care / Medicare for all
-Common sense gun safety measures (at least 10 people were murdered in Buffalo today)
-Abolishing the death penalty
-Lower life-saving drug costs
-Paid leave / Maternity leave
-Child care / Elderly care
-Free school meals

...if they genuinely care about saving lives. The majority of Republicans don't support / vote against these all the time. How many lives, some that can't do anything to help themselves (children, the elderly, the disabled), are lost as a result? 20,000-45,000 annual deaths (of adults between 24-65) are linked to lack of healthcare in the US alone. This has come down since Obamacare (which the GOP nearly repealed), but it's still way too high. Most of these deaths, in particular, can be prevented, just as they are in every other developed country in the world.

I'd argue inflation also kills people by pushing them to poverty, and extra government spending that it would take to do some of those things would make it worse

That's true as well, though if people's wages matched the rise of inflation over the years, if they didn't have to worry as much about medical costs, if insulin didn't cost 25-40x the minimum wage, if their kids got free meals at school, etc., inflation wouldn't be such an issue.

The current inflation situation is largely related to cooperate greed that goes unchecked. There's no reason all these companies that have been recording record profits can't keep prices the same or even lower. Trying to squeeze every penny out of the consumer regardless of circumstances is their only goal.

No, they have many goals and agendas to seek profitably. The market is more complicated than that. Fighting the rational aspects of it doesn’t help to stop its negative behavior.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:25 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2