Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 How can Republicans work on appealing more to urban voters? 
Hold the door!

Post How can Republicans work on appealing more to urban voters?
With the increasing urbanization of our country, the Republican Party will have to eventually start thinking about how it can win back some support in urban areas to stay competitive in elections. Which areas of policy should they edit to appeal to both their rural/white suburban base and win new voters in cities?

Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:43 am
Romosexual!

Post Re: How can Republicans work on appealing more to urban vote
it's easy they just have to be pro-healthcare for all, pro-choice, pro-gays, pro-blm, pro-climate change, pro-science, pro-social justice, pro....

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:45 am
Top Poster

GOP will need to be tougher on crime and violence, then they will get the urban vote. Trump has been too lax on criminals with his crinimal justice reform bill and not sending federal troops to stop riots unless officially requested by governors.

After the LA riots in 1992, California voted heavily red for awhile because Republicans were tougher on crime.

I expect upcoming riots after the election could get a lot more violent than earlier this year, more similar to the 1992 LA riots where Korean-American rooftop shooters fought back against the rioters with 63 deaths and 2383 injuries just in LA area. This could now happen on a mass scale as I expect both the left and right to partake in escalating violence, versus earlier this year it’s mainly from the left other than Kenosha,

Then whoever party is toughest against violent crime will get the urban vote,

Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Much better question would be "How can Democrats stop demonizing all white voters?"

Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:09 pm
The Kramer

Pubs are doing just fine. After all the shit that happened in 2020 and all the stories about 2016 trump voters “feeling betrayed” they still managed to expand their base. Their Pro-Death, Pro-Hate has resonated with America. Joe Biden has received more votes than any person in American history and still might lose.

So the real question is: what could they possibly do to turn the countryside against them? You’d think mishandling a plague, mishandling racial tension, mishandling a fragile economy and cheating to pack the supreme court would be enough, but even more people wanted four more years of it tonight. Trump Jr or Sr will roll over Buttigieg in 2024 when liberal enthusiasm inevitably wanes.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:04 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Pubs are doing just fine. After all the shit that happened in 2020 and all the stories about 2016 trump voters “feeling betrayed” they still managed to expand their base. Their Pro-Death, Pro-Hate has resonated with America. Joe Biden has received more votes than any person in American history and still might lose.

So the real question is: what could they possibly do to turn the countryside against them? You’d think mishandling a plague, mishandling racial tension, mishandling a fragile economy and cheating to pack the supreme court would be enough, but even more people wanted four more years of it tonight. Trump Jr or Sr will roll over Buttigieg in 2024 when liberal enthusiasm inevitably wanes.

The Republicans are already losing ground in the countryside. Which is why they need to appeal more to moderates than they are, the party’s platform on paper is relatively digestible and can be mainstream if they can find a way to turn the cities. It’s the corruption and specific politicians in power that have led so many moderates to reject the party.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:07 pm
Keeping it Light

Alex Y. wrote:
GOP will need to be tougher on crime and violence, then they will get the urban vote. Trump has been too lax on criminals with his crinimal justice reform bill and not sending federal troops to stop riots unless officially requested by governors.

After the LA riots in 1992, California voted heavily red for awhile because Republicans were tougher on crime.

I expect upcoming riots after the election could get a lot more violent than earlier this year, more similar to the 1992 LA riots where Korean-American rooftop shooters fought back against the rioters with 63 deaths and 2383 injuries just in LA area. This could now happen on a mass scale as I expect both the left and right to partake in escalating violence, versus earlier this year it’s mainly from the left other than Kenosha,

Then whoever party is toughest against violent crime will get the urban vote,

I think this is a great and probably best answer, because it appeals to the moderate without losing any traction from the right either.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:36 pm
Veteran

Trump doubled the number of black women from 2016. Black men who voted for him in 2020 was 18% vs 13% in 2016.
I believe he received more than 40% of the Latino vote.

Part of these gains are due to the advantages of an incumbent but also the fact that the policies align with many minorities who are, at the end of the day, conservative leaning in their beliefs.

I was blind, but now I see.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]