Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 All Lives Don't Matter 
The Kramer

Post All Lives Don't Matter
Nazi lives don't matter

Pedophile lives don't matter

Terrorist lives don't matter

So if you say ALM then you also support all of these people. :P

Black lives do matter. (Unless they also fall into one of the other three categories.)

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:42 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: All Lives Don't Matter
Kill everyone

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 pm
Keeping it Light

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm
Devil's Advocate

A better counter-slogan would’ve been AllBlackLivesMatter to point out that black people getting shot in Chicago or modern day slavery in Africa should matter as much as black people getting shot by white cops, but the latter gets a disproportionate amount of attention. But All Lives Matter has been around for a while and is hard to get rid of.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:04 am
Indiana Jones IV

The BLM movement so far has been pretty effective at killing black people, thought. Of course that's not the intention of the movement, but it is an outcome. For me eventual outcome is more important than original intention. The movement is corrupt. At this point I guess what some want to say is that Some Black Lives Matter. SBLM.

25+ people killed so far. Not sure if that includes things like the murders on The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, probably does.

CHAP is I guess the only place where protesters got exactly what they wanted. Not sure it was such a good thing. Here in Finland a lot of newspapers were celebrating the anti-racist, anti-fascist, no-police utopia of CHAP. Barely any mention anywhere on how things eventually turned out. The media bias is just ridiculous.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Shack wrote:
A better counter-slogan would’ve been AllBlackLivesMatter to point out that black people getting shot in Chicago or modern day slavery in Africa should matter as much as black people getting shot by white cops, but the latter gets a disproportionate amount of attention. But All Lives Matter has been around for a while and is hard to get rid of.

Yeah, whataboutism matters.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:57 am
Devil's Advocate

I will no longer be criticizing BLM. I now realize that left wing activism is attached to people's identities to the point where if you criticize BLM, they respond to it the same way as if you attacked them personally. I do not believe people's identity should be attached to their political beliefs to that level, but everyone is different. If you would like to discuss events like Portland or whatever, I won't hijack the thread.

Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:09 pm
Defeats all expectations

Constructive criticism makes a movement grow stronger. But we should be aware smear jobs and attempts to kill any progress exist. Better ignore those bad faith operatives than engage them.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:19 pm
The Kramer

Nobody says ALM anymore. I think I deserve at least partial credit? I don't remember anybody using the "what about pedos" line before I did, but it is entirely possible I stole it off someone else and forgot.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]