Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Why are some polls marked (R) and other polls marked (D)? is that the political party of the pollster? if so, how does that affect a random poll unless they go out of their way to poll people of their own party, defeating the purpose of the poll

Can you show an example?

Trafalgar Group is (R), Impact Research is (D), Rasmussen is (R), Center Street PAC is (D), etc.

On 538? In reality if they were applying it evenly would have (D) next to all the non Trafalgar/Rasmussen ones, virtually all these polls are from MSM rooting for the Democrats hence why the error is usually in that direction.

Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:59 pm
Hold the door!

So it means the pollster identifies with the political party?

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

zwackerm wrote:
So it means the pollster identifies with the political party?

I think most would have self admitted political leanings. The guy that runs Trafalgar used to work on Republican campaigns. Obviously Nate Silver himself is a leftist.

My pick for what seems to be the most accurate pollster (Richard Baris of Big Data Poll) is an open Republican fanboy on twitter but if he's the most accurate I don't really care.

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:55 pm
Hold the door!

Fetterman should have dropped out of the primary, he clearly is unwell

Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:16 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

It takes at least 6 months to recover from a stroke, you fucking idiot. And he's still far more desirable than that fuckwad Oz.

I don't see you calling for Walker to drop out, despite his clear CTE.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:51 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
It takes at least 6 months to recover from a stroke, you fucking idiot. And he's still far more desirable than that fuckwad Oz.

I don't see you calling for Walker to drop out, despite his clear CTE.

He did far better in the debate against Warnock than Fetterman did against Oz.

Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think New Hampshire and 54 seats is now in play for Republicans

Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:00 pm
Hold the door!

New Hampshire has underestimated republicans by as much as 5% in recent elections, and polls are now within 3.5%, so its possible. Can't wait for election day so all these band aids can get ripped off.

If the democrats win all the seats and destroy the country at least I have heaven to look forward to

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:25 am
now we know

How are Democrats currently destroying America?

I don't live there, so I don't really know anything. Just from the outside, whenever Democrats are in office everything seems to tick over nicely. It's only when Republicans are in power that the U.S. government really starts making the headlines again. This is purely an outside-looking-in perspective, so I'd really like to know how, in the last two years, Joe Biden has destroyed America. I have a Republican friend from Georgia and she also spouts such rhetoric, and I have a hard time seeing her side of things, but it really highlights how drastically different the media we consume is.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
How are Democrats currently destroying America?

I don't live there, so I don't really know anything. Just from the outside, whenever Democrats are in office everything seems to tick over nicely. It's only when Republicans are in power that the U.S. government really starts making the headlines again. This is purely an outside-looking-in perspective, so I'd really like to know how, in the last two years, Joe Biden has destroyed America. I have a Republican friend from Georgia and she also spouts such rhetoric, and I have a hard time seeing her side of things, but it really highlights how drastically different the media we consume is.

I'm being hyperbolic of course. America will survive regardless of who is in charge politically.

The Democrats are not currently able to destroy the country because of the filibuster but they could get rid of the filbuster with 2 more senators.

The mainstream media is left leaning in America with the exception of Fox so that's why all the bad things Republicans do make the news and all the bad things Democrats do don't

It really depends on if you are a right leaning or left leaning person how "a political party is destroying the country". If you are a leftist you are going to like what democrats do and if you are a right wing person you will like what Republicans do. The country is so polarized at this point that half the country will love what the government is doing and the other half will think they are horrible

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:08 am
now we know

So, as a right-leaner, what are the Democrats doing that's so bad?

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:33 am
Profile WWW

I also consider myself overall more right-leaning overall, but unfortunately the US is so polarized and the nature of modern American political parties means that the mere presence of being a Democrat makes them bad in the eyes of half the country. It isn’t intellectually honest, but it is the current state of things. I’d say it goes both ways, but due to the nature of niche based information targeting in the age of the internet and one thousand channels cable option news, people can build the narratives they want to build. It appears this happens more from the Republican Party who’s demographics are appealing more and more to the uneducated. I’m not here to give Democrats a pass of course, but they certainly are not the radical party people loyal to the GOP would have you believe.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:50 am
Devil's Advocate

If they had full power I'd personally expect the Democrats to

- Spend ungodly amounts of money with no regard for downside in hyperinflation. Like not just Biden's "Build Back Better" plan that didn't get through, but many multiple times more. The only reason it was that low is they were compromising to try to get it passed. I never got the sense the cap had anything to do with thinking they shouldn't spend more than that in a vacuum, it's all just what's the max they can get away with.

- Dramatically change the election rules, all to their benefit of course - change electoral vote to popular vote, add senate seats (Puerto Rico/Guam/DC), force every state to have mail in voting with no voter ID, etc.

- Pack the Supreme Court with left wing ideologues who's vote is based on what they think is for the greater good rather than caring what a little piece of paper written by slave owners says. Therefore giving the Democrats full central planning power to do whatever they want (ie confiscate everyone's guns, erase all student debt, put environmental caps on businesses and drivers, etc.) and they will automatically let them do it. At this point the US is basically a centrally planned/authoritarian country where the Democrat president can overrule pointless Republican congress.

Mainly I think the Democrats are mentally compromised due to the unique psychological event of woke people, until they become sane again or start listening to sane people, the best thing that can happen is their power being limited so the US can tread water and not do anything it can't come back from. The last 2 years were probably the most dangerous part but it went better than it could have because of Manchin and Sinema voting like Republicans. Going forward it looks good for Republicans since they are heavily favored to win House in 2022 and Senate in 2024. If Democrat president wins in 2024, they will have bad midterms in 2026. So it's unlikely Democrats can have both and president again until like 2028.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:02 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Shack wrote:
If they had full power I'd personally expect the Democrats to

- Spend ungodly amounts of money with no regard for downside in hyperinflation. Like not just Biden's "Build Back Better" plan that didn't get through, but many multiple times more. The only reason it was that low is they were compromising to try to get it passed. I never got the sense the cap had anything to do with thinking they shouldn't spend more than that in a vacuum, it's all just what's the max they can get away with.

- Dramatically change the election rules, all to their benefit of course - change electoral vote to popular vote, add senate seats (Puerto Rico/Guam/DC), force every state to have mail in voting with no voter ID, etc.

- Pack the Supreme Court with left wing ideologues who's vote is based on what they think is for the greater good rather than caring what a little piece of paper written by slave owners says. Therefore giving the Democrats full central planning power to do whatever they want (ie confiscate everyone's guns, erase all student debt, put environmental caps on businesses and drivers, etc.) and they will automatically let them do it. At this point the US is basically a centrally planned/authoritarian country where the Democrat president can overrule pointless Republican congress.

Mainly I think the Democrats are mentally compromised due to the unique psychological event of woke people, until they become sane again or start listening to sane people, the best thing that can happen is their power being limited so the US can tread water and not do anything it can't come back from. The last 2 years were probably the most dangerous part but it went better than it could have because of Manchin and Sinema voting like Republicans. Going forward it looks good for Republicans since they are heavily favored to win House in 2022 and Senate in 2024. If Democrat president wins in 2024, they will have bad midterms in 2026. So it's unlikely Democrats can have both and president again until like 2028.

- Oh god SPENDING MONEY?!? The literal POINT of a government??? Fuck! How dare Democrats spend money on improving the country! Rather than Republicans who want to cut literally everything because they want themselves and corporations to hoard all the wealth they possibly can.

- Oh god a POPULAR VOTE?! Fuck! The horror!!! How dare Democrats want the will of the people to elect! Add Senate seats for people that aren't represented?!? HOLY SHIT!!! MAIL IN VOTING?!?! Which the majority of the country loves and literally makes the lives of everyone significantly better??? MY GOD!

- Yeah because the Republicans definitely don't have the Supreme Court CURRENTLY packed with right wing fascists! Great point man! Confiscate everyones guns? Buddy I'm probably the only person in America that's calling for that. Erasing student debt??? HOLY SHIT, like the REST of the world??? How dare we want that!!! Have ENVIRONMENTAL laws??? MY GOD THE HORROR. How you get "authoritarian" out of this is laughable. Just because you don't give a shit about people, doesn't mean we don't.

Mentally compromised? By wanting people to have better lives, but possibly pay slightly higher taxes to get better lives? Jesus fuck dude. Democrats have passed zero laws banning people from doing anything. Republicans literally ONLY pass laws that ban people from doing things.

But again, you'll read this and say "lol different realities" and yeah, we all live in reality, and the right wing folks like you live in some hellscape where you think trans people are going to fuck you to death or something.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:03 am
Hold the door!

If not finding rights that don't exist in the constitution makes you a right wing fascist, its a good thing that our supreme court is packed with them.

The Supreme court is not supposed to be politicized. It's supposed to determine the constitution. For decades the left used the court to make up constitutional rights that arent there. Simply pointing otu that was ridiculous by reversing bad decisions is not political

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:18 am
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:
- Oh god SPENDING MONEY?!? The literal POINT of a government??? Fuck! How dare Democrats spend money on improving the country! Rather than Republicans who want to cut literally everything because they want themselves and corporations to hoard all the wealth they possibly can.

The problem is the money they're spending doesn't actually exist. So all they can do is make everyone's money diluted in value but giving the government a higher proportion of it since they're the ones getting the new printed money. So it's like raising taxes on people except "I'm going to spend more money" sounds a lot more appealing than "I'm going to raise your taxes".

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:20 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
If not finding rights that don't exist in the constitution makes you a right wing fascist, its a good thing that our supreme court is packed with them.

The Supreme court is not supposed to be politicized. It's supposed to determine the constitution. For decades the left used the court to make up constitutional rights that arent there. Simply pointing otu that was ridiculous by reversing bad decisions is not political

WOMEN DIDN'T HAVE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO VOTE FOR OVER A HUNDRED YEARS.

My god dude. Are you this fucking dim? The constitution was made to BE AMENDED. Times change, you're not fucking slave owners anymore, so stop acting like it.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:29 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Shack wrote:
Chippy wrote:

The problem is the money they're spending doesn't actually exist. So all they can do is make everyone's money diluted in value but giving the government a higher proportion of it since they're the ones getting the new printed money. So it's like raising taxes on people except "I'm going to spend more money" sounds a lot more appealing than "I'm going to raise your taxes".

It does exist. It just requires corporations and millionaires and billionaires to actually pay taxes properly.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:30 am
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

My god dude. Are you this fucking dim? The constitution was made to BE AMENDED. Times change, you're not fucking slave owners anymore, so stop acting like it.

They didn't amend it though. They actually amended the constitution to get women the right to vote.

You really should calm the frick down on occasion. If you're so convinced that we're wrong you shouldn't be so bothered by our ridiculous beliefs

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:36 am
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:
Shack wrote:
Chippy wrote:

It does exist. It just requires corporations and millionaires and billionaires to actually pay taxes properly.

Yes we should take it from the people who got rich specifically because of talent spending money efficiently in their businesses and producing items people want, and make it the responsibility of politicians who's most important skills are kissing donors asses and talking on a debate stage well.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:55 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Shack wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Shack wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Yes we should take it from the people who got rich specifically because of talent spending money efficiently in their businesses and producing items people want, and make it the responsibility of politicians who's most important skills are kissing donors asses and talking on a debate stage well.

Buddy, billionaires aren't going to fuck you

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:43 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

They didn't amend it though. They actually amended the constitution to get women the right to vote.

You really should calm the frick down on occasion. If you're so convinced that we're wrong you shouldn't be so bothered by our ridiculous beliefs

See, I would, but you keep pushing your religious beliefs on everyone else and trying to force laws go by your little fantasy.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:44 pm
Hold the door!

The idea that only one side "wants to force their beliefs" on everyone is ludicrous. You want society to be governed by progressive values that not everyone believes in. I think society should be governed by conservative values that also, not everyone believes in. Either way, someone is being forced to live by a policy they don't like

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:02 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yes, the reality is everyone has an ideology, even if it's the default Western position of capitalism/freedom/free speech. A communist with totalitarian beliefs living in the US in 1999 was also having that freedom ideology imposed on him, in his own way. I personally would like to one day see worldwide freedom for countries like China, North Korea and Venezuela but in some ways this is no different than the progressive wanting their ideology to spread worldwide.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:37 pm
Hold the door!

Oz is being significantly hurt in the race by Mastriano's unpopularity. If PA had a gubernatorial candidate like Lake or Kemp he'd be in much better shape. Him winning would require a lot of Shapiro/Oz voters. Toomey was bolstered in 2010 by Corbett and 2016 by Trump

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171 ... 186  Next