Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
Trump’s supporters must not live anywhere near me. I know a lot of Republicans and not a single one of them thinks Trump is the best choice for 2024 nomination

Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:47 pm

That’s because you live in civilization

Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:51 am
The Dark Knight

I would count DeSantis as barely more civilzed.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:06 pm
Hold the door!

What do u mean he’s not “civilized”? He’s very professional even if you disagree with his policies.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 pm

Trump has a certain pull in rural America that led him to such high vote totals in the previous two elections

Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:40 am
The Kramer

A girl mass shooter? How very modern.

On Bojack Horseman the first female mass shooter is what finally got gun laws to change though. Hopefully real life will be the same.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:17 pm
The Dark Knight

Apparently a trans man actually.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:52 pm
Homo Dperious

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
That’s because you live in civilization

Legacy or contemporary (whatever remains of “classical” pre-coronavirus (or perhaps I should refer to multiple pandemics or disease outbreaks), pre-climate crisis, pre-economic crises, pre-debt crises, pre-political turmoil and war, “liberal” “western”civilization is hardly more civilized than “Trump World”. It’s definitively a primitive civilization that has no objective basis to judge its enemies.

Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:02 pm
Profile ICQ
The Kramer

Cynosure wrote:
Apparently a trans man actually.
Ah well that will turn it into a cultural issue instead of a gun issues. The progressives will have to defend the transgender community rather than try to push any new laws.

Maybe the next set of dead children will finally move the needle

Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:42 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think trans school shooters should referred to by their biological genders just to spite them.

Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:01 am

Gun violence is just a cycle in the country. It feels like after every tragic event that you’d think, this is the moment things are gonna change, but they won’t. Whatever the solution, there seems to be no honest attempt to fix anything and usually people getting defensive about the causes. Just, let’s do something, anything…

Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:57 am
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
I think trans school shooters should referred to by their biological genders just to spite them.
Doesn't this actually provide evidence in favor of the case that trans men are real men? I wonder what JKR will have to say about it.

Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:40 pm
Sbil

Gun violence is just a cycle in the country. It feels like after every tragic event that you’d think, this is the moment things are gonna change, but they won’t. Whatever the solution, there seems to be no honest attempt to fix anything and usually people getting defensive about the causes. Just, let’s do something, anything…

This time with a special guest of maddening culture war stuff about trans people instead of the actual problem.

Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:46 pm
Hold the door!

I don’t see why it’s so different to blame trans ideology for this shooting when every time a white guy shoots it’s called white supremacist terrorism. Or when Orlando and Colorado were shot up everyone blamed homophobic Republicans until it turned out both shooters were LGBT themselves.

Unlike all those cases though, this actually is someone with an opposing ideology shooting up people with different views. I’m not saying that’s the actual reason of th e shooting. More likely they were just crazy. But it’s far less far fetched than those other cases.

Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:13 pm

I won’t talk of the full motives of the case because I don’t know them, but I agree it is not intellectually honest to condemn one ideology as hateful with nuance and another as irrelevant. That being said, I think you’ve lost me on the second paragraph Zwack as the other situations are totally more plausible to have ideological motivations behind them.

Still don’t know much about what happened here, but I do know this seems to be primarily a problem here in the States as opposed to other countries and we continue to do nothing about it

Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:14 pm
Top Poster

It might be safer for our society to only allow men to transition to female but not females to transition to men. Most school shooters have been male, so it is very possible that the hormone therapy that masculinized the shooter was what pushed the mental health over the edge versus if the shooter never veered from being female. That said, I think it’s very possible that a lot of males transitioning to female help reduce violent crime that might have otherwise occurred if they stayed male,

Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I won’t talk of the full motives of the case because I don’t know them, but I agree it is not intellectually honest to condemn one ideology as hateful with nuance and another as irrelevant. That being said, I think you’ve lost me on the second paragraph Zwack as the other situations are totally more plausible to have ideological motivations behind them.

Still don’t know much about what happened here, but I do know this seems to be primarily a problem here in the States as opposed to other countries and we continue to do nothing about it

It’s more likely a random white person shoots people for white supremacy than for a transgender person to shoot up a group of people they perceive to oppose their ideology?

I hear leftists say things along the lines of “can’t the conservatives hurry up and die” far more than I hear people opposed to LGBT want to kill LGBT people. In fact, I’ve never heard that. Conservatives talk about gay marriage and gender ideology all the time, but not once have I heard them say “we just gotta kill them” as a solution to the perceived problem.

Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:52 pm
Devil's Advocate

What causes people to get get a thousand times more emotional over kids getting shot in a school than kids in a city like Chicago getting caught in gang shootings? Personally I'm relatively detached from both, if someone is more affected than me by things that happen to random people I'm ok with that, but you'd think dumb adults shooting guns at each other and hitting some kids by mistake is as much a thing to get sad and angry about as a psychopathic teenager shooting up a school.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 am
Keeping it Light

Well that's clearly because gang shootings have already become much more of a norm than school shootings.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:04 am
The Kramer

Gang shootings are also mostly black people killing other black people.

So the right says "that's fine, let those *insert racial slur* kill each other"

The left says "criticizing black people in any way shape or form is racist"

And black people say "its all white peoples fault"

And thus nothing gets done. Fixing the gun issue at a federal level (with things like gun licenses, background checks, waiting periods, all the same stuff you do before buying a car) at least seems like it could make a difference even if its a small one.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:36 pm
The Kramer

And I still like Chris Rock's bullet tax idea. Sure you could say that it only makes it so rich people have guns. But when do rich people go on mass shooting sprees? Rich people don't kill poor people, they convince poor people to kill each other.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:38 pm
The Dark Knight

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/ ... 4443875329

Trump is going to win the nomination and cost republicans the election. No wonder dems are pushing for a Trump candidacy. Hopefully they don't have a second 2016.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

So after looking for any excuse to put him in jail for 6 years, he gets indicted on the weakest shit possible. Still the US is now a little closer to becoming a country like Brazil where ex presidents hide in Florida to avoid getting arrested for political purposes. And juxtaposed to the US wasting its time with political games like this, China is making its move to pass them for world #1 by having countries like Russia and Brazil agree to drop the dollar for the yuan.

Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:13 am
The Kramer

Another Bojack Horseman episode playing out in real life. "Two years for breaking and entering but really it was for everything."

Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:19 am
Superfreak

I have to imagine the rate at gen z is voting dem is horrifying GOP internally. It is an even larger rate the millennial went for O.

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/06/11541725 ... est-voters

Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 186  Next