Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Sbil

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
zwackerm wrote:
Republicans could easily win the Georgia runoff if they decided it was important to them that Republicans controlled the senate, as a Republican just easily won there by 7%. But Republicans in Georgia seem less partisan and more likely to not vote/flip for the Dems.

Kelly will probably win the Senate race but at least Lake will probably win Governor. Nevada is harder to tell. I’d say if possible that they could also split Governor/senate as Lombardo is out performing Laxalt

Cortez Masto is getting the margins she needs right now to pull out a win in Nevada - she will be ahead soon.

And I would give Katie Hobbs better odds than Scari Fake right now, though that one could go either way.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:27 am
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Republicans could easily win the Georgia runoff if they decided it was important to them that Republicans controlled the senate, as a Republican just easily won there by 7%. But Republicans in Georgia seem less partisan and more likely to not vote/flip for the Dems.

Kelly will probably win the Senate race but at least Lake will probably win Governor. Nevada is harder to tell. I’d say if possible that they could also split Governor/senate as Lombardo is out performing Laxalt

Cortez Masto is getting the margins she needs right now to pull out a win in Nevada - she will be ahead soon.

And I would give Katie Hobbs better odds than Scari Fake right now, though that one could go either way.

The remaining votes in Arizona are fairly Republican leaning, or they would have already called the senate race there. It’s extremely unlikely Hobbs can stay ahead of Lake.

It is looking like both states will split the senate/governor races. Strange in Nevada. I can understand splitting between Lake and Masters since Lake is far more likable than Masters, but what’s causing Laxalt to underperform Lombardo is weird

Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:45 am
Superfreak

Don't want to make any calls on the senate. But just want to note. That it is still even remotely possible for the Dems to hold the house of reps says all we need to know The broad consensus among mainstream America is the Repubs really, really need new leadership - and not from MAGA bubble.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:58 am
Hold the door!

The people of America are calling out for another option than the path it’s going down, Republicans could be that option but until they get their poop together, they’ll continue to vote for a party who is in charge while 75% of Americans “believe America is going down the wrong path”

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:02 am
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
The people of America are calling out for another option than the path it’s going down

I actually disagree here. I think Biden's path is overall quite popular regardless of what approval ratings may say (not that his are bad).

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:08 am
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
The people of America are calling out for another option than the path it’s going down

I actually disagree here. I think Biden's path is overall quite popular regardless of what approval ratings may say (not that his are bad).

75% of Americans think the country is going down the wrong path. Does that sound like they’re happy with our political leadership.

Majority of voters I know vote for “lesser of 2 evils” and not because they like the party, Republicans and democrats included.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:16 am
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
75% of Americans think the country is going down the wrong path. Does that sound like they’re happy with our political leadership.

This number is always negative and is not overly revealing of real sentiment.

Quote:
Majority of voters I know vote for “lesser of 2 evils” and not because they like the party, Republicans and democrats included.

It is always "lesser of 2 evils". No person exists who get 75% of the country enthusiastic for them. Obama 2008 is as good as it could get. Biden and Trump won their nomination outright in 2016 and 2020. Where are the "less evil" candidates? You'll learn to see through some of these polls and talking points as you follow politics closer. People will say "I want someone else!" yet the majority of people selected these nominees, so...

Yes, Trump hurt Repubs in 2022. But Biden also helped Democrats too- he has accomplished a lot of popular individual things and this is largely recognized.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:26 am
Devil's Advocate

It sounds like the remaining Az votes are extremely favourable to Republicans, as in Masters still having a chance.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:40 am
Sbil

Shack wrote:
It sounds like the remaining Az votes are extremely favourable to Republicans, as in Masters still having a chance.

You were saying?

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:56 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't know the context behind that video where Masters takes a phone call from Trump, where Trump is telling him to be more like Lake and deny the election results, etc., and then Masters responding like he was just scolded by "dad" and apologizing (more or less), but it may have damaged him. He looked and sounded really weak in it, IMO. Wasn't it a Tucker Carlson special or something too? Weird video to put out shortly before the election.

I don't think Masters is really far-right/extreme/election denier, rather he changes face and says so in an attempt to align with what he believes voters want him to be, and did just enough (barely) to keep Trump from attacking him. Trump was attacking the GOP Senate candidate in CO, cause, you know, that's what someone with influence is suppose to do against their own party in an election year...

Masters was all MAGA during the primary season, but then attempted to distance himself from it a bit by removing things from his website. But as election day drew closer, seemed to drift back to MAGA. It wasn't exactly clear where he stood, and for moderates or independents, some probably decided he was too extreme in the end.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
Shack wrote:

You were saying?

Lake is like 5% ahead of Masters.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:02 am

zwackerm wrote:
Libs wrote:
Shack wrote:

You were saying?

I’m confused, Lake and Masters aren’t running against each other

Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:09 am
Hold the door!

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Libs wrote:
Shack wrote:

You were saying?

I’m confused, Lake and Masters aren’t running against each other

They called the race for Masters cuz he’s 6 percent behind. They expect the gap will close but not enough. But the gap between the gubernatorial candidates is 1%. 18% can easily close a 1% gap. Masters will lose only by 1-2% most likely

Masters is a better candidate than Mcsally but still not great it seems.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:18 am
Superfreak

AZ senate is tougher to call because there is less certainty about the background of the remaining ballots. With NV, they know it's mostly Mail in ballots from Dem areas. We'll see.

The amounts of voters who opted for GOPers to run their states while also selecting Dems for federal gov. is very interesting. It almost as if the nation is seeking moderation and balance.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:56 am
Hold the door!

Student loan forgiveness is dead, officially struck down for good last night. LMFAO

Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:14 am
Hold the door!

Weird that Republicans are out performing their 2020 popular vote performance by 7% but only are gonna gain like 8-10 seats. They will probably control the same amount of seats they did in 2012 when they lost the house popular votes.

It looks like the toss up races are where Republicans really lost. Lean Red districts like Nancy Mace in SC and Nicole Maliotakis in NY won their races by 20% unlike usual where they win by about 10. And they just barely lost many races in blue districts like CT 5 and RI 2

Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:21 am

There has been a lot of shifting demographics lately, and what with the suburban vote going more blue and minority vote more red, traditional lines have shifted

Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:24 am
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
Student loan forgiveness is dead, officially struck down for good last night. LMFAO

There is a lengthy appeal process this will go through. Unless Biden admin is straight up dumb (it isn't), they expected this step.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:57 am
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

There is a lengthy appeal process this will go through. Unless Biden admin is straight up dumb (it isn't), they expected this step.

They are appealing for political points. There is no way it is constitutional for a president to pass millions in spending via executive order

Why are prominent Republicans coming out against Kevin Mccarthy for Speaker? I understand why the base hates McConnell for senate Republican leader, but what did Mccarthy do to earn their scorn other than not be a populist?

Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:18 am

There is this stubbornness that keeps doubling down on Trump in the GOP and they’d rather blame McCarthy than Trump. There is a real possibility that the DEMs rally behind a super moderate Republican for speaker as they’d only need a handful of Republicans to rally behind a moderate and boom! There goes McCarthy.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:26 am
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
They are appealing for political points. There is no way it is constitutional for a president to pass millions in spending via executive order

They're going to say that forgiving debt isn't the same as spending & its basically the exec branch decision to forgive.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:33 am
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

They're going to say that forgiving debt isn't the same as spending & its basically the exec branch decision to forgive.

What do you think "forgiving" means? You think the banks are just going to be ok with not getting the money back?

Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am
Devil's Advocate

I didn't realize that the Dept of Education actually owns these loans and is like a bank with a trillion in assets. Not sure how that snuck in under the Obama era. It makes it more believable it could pass but I'm still not sure Biden can single handily do anything with money like that any more than he can just announce 300 million in infrastructure spending. It would have made more sense if they made the Dept of Education head order it or something instead of it being a Biden executive order.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:25 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zwackerm wrote:
Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

What do you think "forgiving" means? You think the banks are just going to be ok with not getting the money back?

They will if you threaten them with no bailouts anymore.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:09 pm
Hold the door!

Arizona is apparently not counting any more votes until next week lmfao

Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 186  Next