Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Romosexual!

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
zwackerm wrote:
Chippy wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/14/texas-sues-biden-emergency-abortion/

There is not a single good republican.

That article is behind a paywall

Here's another one....

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/1 ... p-00045846

Quote:
The Texas attorney general filed a lawsuit Thursday challenging new abortion guidance the Biden administration released this week — arguing that it violates the rights of doctors not to participate in terminating a pregnancy and steps on the state’s right to regulate the procedure within its borders.

The suit against the Biden administration’s top health officials only targets one of the two main actions the federal government has taken in response to the fall of Roe v. Wade — a memo to hospitals and doctors across the country on Monday arguing that federal law requires them to provide abortions in emergency circumstances regardless of whatever bans their state imposes.

In that memo, the government warned health workers and hospitals that refusing to treat patients who need an abortion could put them in legal jeopardy or cost them their participation in Medicare, Medicaid and other federal programs.

In its lawsuit, Texas claims the new guidance “forces hospitals and doctors to commit crimes and risk their licensure under Texas law.”

While Texas is the first to sue over the new guidance, the state likely won’t be the last. Conservative advocates tell POLITICO they are mulling their own challenges.

“We’re talking to the pro-life movement about what the response should be to this perversion of the law,” said Roger Severino, who led the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights under the Trump administration and now works with the Ethics and Public Policy Center. “These are radical new policies and they’re opening themselves up to a lawsuit and being blocked in court.”

The Biden administration argues the policies are not new at all.

“This is meant to remind folks of their federal obligations when they take federal funding,” a senior Health and Human Services official told reporters on a Monday call about the guidance. “It in no way mandates a particular conduct.”

Texas tried to rebut this assertion in its lawsuit.

“The [the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act] guidance purports to simply remind hospitals of their existing obligations under federal law,” Texas’ complaint states. “But it does not: it includes a number of new requirements related to the provision of abortions that do not exist under federal law.”

Much to the frustration of Democratic lawmakers and advocates who have demanded a more aggressive response to the erosion of abortion rights nationwide, the Biden administration has taken a cautious approach — fearful that the same Supreme Court that struck down Roe will block any new measures they try to impose.

Yet even the more narrow policies they have advanced may run into that same buzz saw.

The Texas case will go before Judge James Hendrix, an appointee of President Donald Trump, and if appealed would go to the right-leaning 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and then up to the Supreme Court.

The Biden administration this week also issued guidance to the nation’s retail pharmacies warning them to stop denying patients medications for abortion, birth control, or other drugs they suspect could be used off-label to end a pregnancy — another policy that conservative advocates may challenge.

“Pharmacists are not vending machines. They are medical professionals who routinely screen for contraindications to protect the lives of both mothers and children,” Severino said. “The Biden administration is flipping HHS guidance on its head and trying to scare pharmacists into thinking they’re required to dispense abortion-inducing drugs.”

Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:25 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

https://www.damemagazine.com/2022/07/11 ... ard-lurch/

Again I say, there is no liberal bias in mainstream media. Just another lie from the right, as they pull us further towards fascism.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:11 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
https://www.damemagazine.com/2022/07/11/mainstream-medias-rightward-lurch/

Again I say, there is no liberal bias in mainstream media. Just another lie from the right, as they pull us further towards fascism.

I'm sorry you live in a world of conservative controlled media! Wish I could see it. To me that sounds nice lol

Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:17 pm
Devil's Advocate

CNN and MSNBC would fix their ratings problems if they were willing to bring on someone as conservative and ok with Trump as a Shapiro rather than the media equivalents of Liz Cheney

Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:53 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

"the media isn't full of white supremacists and instead just regular fuckwad conservatives. this to me is a liberal bias"

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:
"the media isn't full of white supremacists and instead just regular fuckwad conservatives. this to me is a liberal bias"

It was more the four years of saying Trump is a Russian spy nazi who enjoys golden showers that most convinced me these places like CNN and MSNBC were just the left wing Fox News now, there were other examples, but Russiagate was their biggest disgrace.

I brought up Shapiro example because he is the definition of "regular fuckwad conservative" (I say that as not even that big of a fan). He is not an election fraud believer and presumably won't be supporting Trump in 24 primary over an establishment contender. There is a huge difference between him and a Steve Bannon type guy. Considering even people like Trump and MTG are obviously not white supremacists, it's especially ridiculous to act like the comparatively establishment Republican commentators are.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:37 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah man I provide actual facts that support my argument and you just provide jack shit, but sure, I'm sure the media leans left. You nailed it once again.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:
Yeah man I provide actual facts that support my argument and you just provide jack shit, but sure, I'm sure the media leans left. You nailed it once again.

Your article is written by a leftist who obviously started with the conclusion of "The media isn't biased towards the left" and then went looking for any evidence to support it. Eventually settling on that they must not be biased because they put some people like Jonah Goldberg and SE Cupp on it who have made a living for years being propped up as conservatives who hate Trump. The main reason you liked the article is that it said what you already believed, which is why people like you are so vulnerable to propaganda as all they have to do to convince you something is true is say exactly what you want them to say.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:17 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yep you nailed it again sir. You're on a roll.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:13 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Just a completely alternate reality. My goodness.

Maybe some day you'll actually live in the real world, but that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chippy wrote:

Maybe some day you'll actually live in the real world, but that doesn't appear to be happening any time soon.

Sometimes I think about the days like 2015 and 2016 when I still had enough of a foot in the left wing bubble to get the sense of what it must be like for people still in there. It's a house of mirrors where you get brief exposure to right wing accounts, but only enough for them to come off as a caricature as some left wing social media members make fun of it and tell you what to think about them. The curiosity to understand Trumpism up until the election seemed pretty limited which is why it took people by surprise so much. I feel on this side the view of the left has much more clarity than it did the other way around. My view on why I believe the conservatives are on the upside up reality and the far left are the ones in a groupthink/cult like trance is based on a psychological reading of the situation, not politics.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:59 pm

Shack wrote:
Chippy wrote:

Sometimes I think about the days like 2015 and 2016 when I still had enough of a foot in the left wing bubble to get the sense of what it must be like for people still in there. It's a house of mirrors where you get brief exposure to right wing accounts, but only enough for them to come off as a caricature as some left wing social media members make fun of it and tell you what to think about them. The curiosity to understand Trumpism up until the election seemed pretty limited which is why it took people by surprise so much. I feel on this side the view of the left has much more clarity than it did the other way around. My view on why I believe the conservatives are on the upside up reality and the far left are the ones in a groupthink/cult like trance is based on a psychological reading of the situation, not politics.

Same could be said for both “sides” like the folks who still believe the election was rigged and Trump won, surround themselves with media that spews these falsehoods. Modern media has gotten so personalized, that you can listen to whatever reality you want to prescribe yourself to, and frankly, this method of world building started with conservatives in the 90s with their talk radio programs.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:50 pm

Steve Bannon was just convicted again. I think he is banking on Trump winning in 2024 to bail him out with another pardon.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

The progressive pressure they put on themselves is so weird. We have to be inclusive to the 3 blind people watching this by telling them what color clothes I'm wearing!

Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:36 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This is fairly common in the workplace among many business and companies today (has been for a couple of years), both in person and via online communication like emails.

I see some being confused by it, so they share things like this with others who are also confused when they're not even involved with the company or business, and it's a weird thing to get involved in. Maybe confused isn't the word... It's more like they just haven't experienced it yet and have no knowledge of what's happening. Not saying this as an insult, as it still is a relatively new norm that'll take time to reach some groups.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Imagine being such a snowflake that you're triggered by someone saying what pronoun they use and what clothes they're wearing.

Baby mush brain.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Seems the video above was taken from an event with visually-impaired people in attendance, too, so unsure why it's been singled out by some to hate on. Lots of attention has been on why it matters to mention what they're wearing. Do we ask this question when clothing details are mentioned while reading a book? No. It helps us visualize, just like this video above would help a visually impaired individual visualize who is speaking or talking to them.

Do people complain when they see those accessibility signs on restaurant doors or store windows, that have been there for years and years? This all has no negative impact on anyone, and is just bring dragged into the political arena. And if these practices help just one person, it's good work. Something designed to help a minority out isn't bad... and drawing attention to it, injecting yourself into it in a problematic manner, is pretty mean.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:01 am
Profile WWW

Conservative media is trying to build a narrative. The details matter less than the interpretation.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 am
Devil's Advocate

I'd say the answer is probably somewhere in the middle, there being blind people there explains why Harris did it more than if they were just trying to be mindful of blind people watching on online streams, but at the same time I still think it's kind of stupid and bringing up stuff like clothes color does more to make the seeing people feel good about themselves than enhance the blind person's experience. It's not like if Harris was having a meeting with a lot of sighted people in person and some people on speakerphone she would feel obligated to tell the ones on speaker what she's wearing to feel included, and I'd imagine some of these blind people don't even know what blue is.

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Conservative media is trying to build a narrative. The details matter less than the interpretation.

Stuff like this and Biden's not blinking speech yesterday are mostly just taken for comedy/entertainment value by conservatives, and are quickly disposed of after the first day, but yes sometimes it's easier to buy into the most ridiculous explanation instead of exploring context

Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:52 pm
Devil's Advocate

Something tells me some of the people/media saying "We should change the definition of recession to not just mean 2 quarters in a row of GDP falling" wouldn't be if it happened while Trump was president

Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:47 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yeah man if this happened under Trump I'm sure all Republicans would be the FIRST to call this a recession!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Hold the door!

Did Republicans deny the economy was in recession in 2008?

Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:52 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

idk man that would have been real weird since 2008 was... 2008.

Like, what a weird comparison to make.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:00 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
idk man that would have been real weird since 2008 was... 2008.

Like, what a weird comparison to make.

you're making a claim that is potentially verifiable if you were alive during that time and could remember.

I was only 10 at the time and knew nothing about politics, recessions or Republicans so I can't verify.

Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:03 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

No, your reading comprehension is that of a 10 year old. 2008 was far worse than what is going on now. That is why it's not comparable. IF any Republicans claimed it wasn't a recession, they would've been completely delusional.

And as I shared above, it's very likely we're not actually in a recession when revisions come in.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 186  Next