Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
Not sure about trading someone nicknamed The Merchant of Death just to get a WNBA player back.

Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:09 pm
Keeping it Light

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Biden gets:

Britney Griener

Putin gets:

Arms dealer
Baker Mayfield

Seems like a fair exchange.

Lol

I like the trade.

Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:59 pm

AOC is under investigation for something. Wonder what for

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:27 pm
now we know

Shack wrote:
Not sure about trading someone nicknamed The Merchant of Death just to get a WNBA player back.

He already served 12 years of a 25 year sentence, so you could sort of argue that he's served his penalty already AND we're getting back a high-profile hostage. It feels win-win for the U.S. in my opinion. It bolsters the image of America that citizens are protected, even abroad. Not something Russia, for example, can boast...leaving their man to rot for 12 fucking years.

It's just a shame the U.S. couldn't get back that American spy that is also imprisoned in Russia. I suppose that's politically way more sensitive.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The main reason to pick Griner of those two is that as a bigger story it might be more effective making people vote for Democrats

Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:21 am

Shack wrote:
The main reason to pick Griner of those two is that as a bigger story it might be more effective making people vote for Democrats

It spark leas backlash with the base

Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:29 am
Hold the door!

Kyrsten Sinema leaving the Democrat Party to become and independent. Assuming she will still caucus with Dems.

Wonder if this will inspire Manchin and Murkowski to do the same

This will keep her from getting primaried. She can be the Dems' Murkowski who survives primary challenges cycle after cycle

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:21 am
Devil's Advocate

I like that the bi senator is the one split between parties

Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:45 pm
Hold the door!

The Democrats have the option of Sinema or a Republican in 2024 as if they run Gallego as a Democrat, Sinema and him will split the vote

Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:47 pm

Based off past strategies, Sinema will go unchallenged

Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:47 pm
The Kramer

Being an independent seems like the fastest way to make a lot of money in congress. I'm surprised more people don't do it after they've already been elected.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

McConnell is not very fiscal conservative as seen by things like this 1.7 trillion bill in a lame duck session, and the establishment Republicans are toothless on social issues, so these guys really believe in nothing except getting elected and becoming wealthy by being a politician. The Republican senate probably got the midterm it deserved.

Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:57 pm
Hold the door!

The Never Kevins really are idiots.

Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:11 pm
Hold the door!

So will 6 moderate republicans flip for Jeffries before 15 far right Republicans flip for Mccarthy? Wouldn't shock me. Gaetz, Book, etc. are such embarrassments.

Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:43 pm
Sbil

What a bunch of clowns. :lol:

Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:59 pm
Romosexual!

Libs wrote:
What a bunch of clowns. :lol:

what a shit show :lol:

Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This is what they get for championing these kinds of people the last ~6 years. And, you can place part of the blame on Trump once again here. His Senate candidates cost the GOP the Senate, and his House candidates cost the GOP a larger majority and is going to make the House a nigh ungovernable body the next two years.

I assume McCarthy will cave to their demands and eventually win in the X round. Which is only going to make the House even more of a mess by giving these lunatics whatever demands/power/positions they want.

And in either case... this makes McCarthy a poor excuse of a leader. Couldn't get nearly two dozen members on board ahead of the vote; likely to give the spoiled children whatever they want to get the votes now.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, fuck... wasn't expecting McCarthy to pull the PIZZA PARTY card. That'll help flip them in his favor for sure.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Libs wrote:
Other than Florida, this was actually a surprisingly good showing for Dems. I'm pleasantly surprised and relieved.

:funny: No comment.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:48 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Chippy wrote:
It takes at least 6 months to recover from a stroke, you fucking idiot. And he's still far more desirable than that fuckwad Oz.

I don't see you calling for Walker to drop out, despite his clear CTE.

True story, I saw a post without reading the context. It was obviously a political post, and it said something was painful to watch. I didn’t see it what it was about. I responded by saying that it cannot be nearly as painful as listening to politics the past 25 years. Then I said “let the pain begin!”. When I saw the original post was about the stroke, I was like OMG, it’s better to delete it ASAP :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: . Even if it’s still true. The pain is more necessary elsewhere.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:01 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
DP07 wrote:
Do you think Trump is more liberal than China?

I think China is more conservative on social views, eg. LGBT views.

Economically I view them as fascist, although to me it's debatable whether fascism has to = right wing or it's really halfway between communism and capitalism (more private ownership than communism, less than capitalism), and therefore to the left of Trump.

Oh yeah, the guy who went in reverse to create a transgender military ban is more liberal. Sure. Whatever.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:07 am
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Shack wrote:
DP07 wrote:
DP07 wrote:
Basically, you just assume that western values or whatever, are liberal. But you know I’m not going to agree. They are also conservative by any rational standard. Otherwise the west never would have used its form of colonialism, neo-colonialism, economic sanctions etc., its way of waging war, destroying most of the Native American population, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the destruction of nature, continued use of fossil fuels, and a completely unaccountable economic and political system that continues to try to benefit from it all. Honestly Trump never would have been elected in a truly advanced civilization. It’s the behavior of a primitive civilization and empire. And how can you expect survival, understanding, tolerance, or respect when you don’t offer it to your enemies? You can keep trying to remain ahead of them while blaming them for the same things you did in the past, but it doesn’t make any sense.

Just repeat this. You can’t blame Asians or China, (when they are symptoms to begin with) and excuse and pardon the USA, the West and its other allies for their economic and political systems and decisions. It continues to deserve the death, war, and destruction it causes, and nothing but surrender or acceptance of the truth can change that. I’m not even going to waste my time arguing with someone who accuses America’s enemies of all the exact things his preferred candidate was accused of. I’m not going to allow myself to be extorted by your politics. The sort of “respect and love our values or we will take them from you” game. I mean, it another political scam, surprise. In my experience, the USA is extremely totalitarian. There’s no basis for saying it’s better than Nazi Germany, it’s just irrational nonsense that convinces people of that and makes them feel that way. But it’s not for the individual or party, but the country, system, and it’s interests, values, and priorities. I’ll just repeat all that needs be said: the enemy of truth, that fights truth and its love, has no place in reality, and will surrender forever to the “Goddess of Logic” or have no future and be vanquished forever.

You might enjoy this substack https://caitlinjohnstone.substack.com/ She talks a lot about how the US controls the world as an empire (not sure if I agree with it all).

No, I’m not interested, if criticism can get an audience it’s almost certain to be state TV of a country like Russia; it’s compromised or “controlled” opposition; it’s indirect so as not to offend or create controversy, or if it does create controversy, it suits a narrative that serves the political culture’s expects and of course interests, or it’s filtered and edited. The system’s ‘values’ are not in practice desired to be critical of the system’s very foundations. While predictable, the inevitable comes to pass; the system prioritizes its interests over the things it’s own “values” are supposed to be about.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:45 am
Profile ICQ
Sbil

DP07 wrote:
Libs wrote:
Other than Florida, this was actually a surprisingly good showing for Dems. I'm pleasantly surprised and relieved.

I am confused about why my post is funny? It was a historically strong showing for the party in the White House during a midterm election.

Then again, your posts are almost impossible to comprehend, so...lol.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:22 pm
Hold the door!

Libs wrote:
DP07 wrote:
Libs wrote:

I am confused about why my post is funny? It was a historically strong showing for the party in the White House during a midterm election.

Then again, your posts are almost impossible to comprehend, so...lol.

It was a historically good midterm for a president with an underwater approval rating, however you only have to go back to 2002 for a president party that actually gained seats in the midterm so its not quite "historic" imo.

Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:28 pm
Sbil

zwackerm wrote:

It was a historically good midterm for a president with an underwater approval rating, however you only have to go back to 2002 for a president party that actually gained seats in the midterm so its not quite "historic" imo.

Well, without getting into the weeds, 2002 was a much different time and context. Needless to say!

Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 186  Next