Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back
How can u say it was a pllaned right move when he's sending more troops than were originally there? Lulz. Colossal flop

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:30 am
Devil's Advocate

It was clearly a fuck up... there are thousands of Americans still in Afghanistan apparently (not to mention Afghans who worked with the US like interpreters) who have to hope the Taliban doesn't kill them. The images of people running at the airport and holding onto planes will live forever.

I heard the Afghan army outnumbered and outweaponed the Taliban easily but everything is built around American air support. Once the air support was pulled nothing worked. There had to be a better way to prepare them to take that over...

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:06 pm
100% That Bitch

Also his speech yesterday was ripped out of Trump's whole precidency. He should have ended with "ee need to keep america Great and fuck the rest of the world".

People who bashed trump should be calling him out on his hypocrisy but they're not?

They saying it was a perfect speech? What the fuck.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:39 pm
100% That Bitch

Seriously, I'm waiting for Libs to come and try to defend this move. I can't wait to read it.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mau wrote:
Seriously, I'm waiting for Libs to come and try to defend this move. I can't wait to read it.

She posted on last page

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:02 pm
The Kramer

Trump would be selling it as a personal victory while simultaneously telling his people the entire thing is a political hoax. It’d be much easier to bash. But I don’t think there’s a single liberal in here that would say pulling out of Afghanistan was a bad idea, no matter who the President was.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:56 pm
Sbil

Mau wrote:

You need to chill. I already responded.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:12 pm
The Kramer

Libs wrote:
Mau wrote:

But where is your review of The Suicide Squad???

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:30 pm
Sbil

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Libs wrote:
Mau wrote:

But where is your review of The Suicide Squad???

It was good, way better than the first, but still kinda messy. :funny:

I loved Free Guy though!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:41 pm
The Kramer

So apparently the Afghan Vice President stuck around, rallied some of the troops and is retaking some of the North. Maybe the best outcome here is Two Afghanistans? One that has sharia law and one where the people aren't oppressed by their religion every second of the day.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yea it looks like they basically can hide The Vale

Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

Biden took a hit on this one - Think it makes a difference that some of media who'd be carrying the Democrats water for a while like CNN actually took it to them on this one

Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:26 pm
Hold the door!

The Democrats are going to lose the House next year even worse than they lost it in 2010. Everything the Biden Administration has done is a disaster, from Afghanistan to covid to inflation

Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:29 pm

zwackerm wrote:
The Democrats are going to lose the House next year even worse than they lost it in 2010. Everything the Biden Administration has done is a disaster, from Afghanistan to covid to inflation

I would strongly disagree with that. The numbers also would to. Shack is right, until Afghanistan, Biden was looking to be the most popular president in a long time with the unicorn of a major bipartisan bill being the crown jewel of his short tenure. Most people blame the unvaccinated and GOP state led mismanagement on the current COVID situation, and the inflation talk is hyperbole that doesn’t effect the average citizen who is currently benefiting from super low unemployment and for the first time employers are starting to cave to workers demands for better wages finally addressing the underemployment issue that has plagued this country for over a decade.

But yeah, the Afghan withdraw is the biggest commander and chief blunder since the Carter administration. Right or wrong, it will forever tarnish Biden’s legacy.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

I would strongly disagree with that. The numbers also would to. Shack is right, until Afghanistan, Biden was looking to be the most popular president in a long time with the unicorn of a major bipartisan bill being the crown jewel of his short tenure. Most people blame the unvaccinated and GOP state led mismanagement on the current COVID situation, and the inflation talk is hyperbole that doesn’t effect the average citizen who is currently benefiting from super low unemployment and for the first time employers are starting to cave to workers demands for better wages finally addressing the underemployment issue that has plagued this country for over a decade.

But yeah, the Afghan withdraw is the biggest commander and chief blunder since the Carter administration. Right or wrong, it will forever tarnish Biden’s legacy.

I would argue Biden's border and inflation situations would alienate a lot of people even if not for Afghanistan (obviously not the left). Maybe the first bipartisan bill is supported but trying to do another 3.5 trillion is extreme.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

$3.5 trillion probably isn't even enough. It may "fix" most things, but it's not going to be long-lasting improvements. I recall, I believe, approx. $4-5 trillion figure was being said would be required by 2025 or so in order to "fix" the countries collapsing (literally) infrastructure. And that was a figure reported a couple years ago.

$3.5 trillion is only about $175 billion for each of the past 20 years. $3.5 trillion really only looks monstrous because America absolutely sucks with maintaining and allocating funds to infrastructure. It is literally taking buildings, bridges, roads, etc., becoming unusable and water undrinkable before any action is even considered. Anything involving water (dams, pipes, drinking water, etc.) in particular has been left forgotten for a ridiculous amount of time.

There is a road I have to drive every other week that fell apart back in February I believe, and the funds are reportedly not there to fix it. Instead, they've had to shovel out part of a hillside, fill in a huge ditch, and buy part of somebody's land to expand the road on the opposite side of the collapse just to allow enough space for one lane to be drivable with a portable traffic light. Without this road, delivery trucks, commuters, and just regular people will have to add almost 40 minutes to their drive by taking an alternate route.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

They're not actually spending 3.5 trillion on roads and bridges, it's basically a wish list of all around government spending with a few hundred billion on actual infrastructure much like they did for covid relief where only a small percentage of the trillions actually went to the people. Pelosi is a master of holding spending people want hostage to try to get the other spending outnumbering it and other Democrat goals like election rules to pass, such as what's she's doing now of trying to block the original infrastructure bill until they pass the 3.5 trillion one and the voting rights act allowing the DOJ to block states from changing voting laws.

5 trillion is like 24 thousand per adult - can't just print that money without consequences. Inflation does affect the normal person. Other than the obvious that consumer products going up in price 5% year to year takes its toll, gas prices are up 40% from a year ago in the US. How many people can't take that new job because it would cost too much to drive there to be worth it? Not a coincidence that gas price in the US peaked in June 2008 at over 4 dollars.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Two major issues at play here: Neoliberalism and bipartisan politics. Biden was looking to be the first president to put in real change in addressing these two major issues in American politics

Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:09 pm
Hold the door!

zwackerm wrote:
Most people blame the unvaccinated and GOP state led mismanagement on the current COVID situation.

Strongly disagree with this, people are tired of restrictions and trying to put them in place is only a popular position in NY/LA/SF type places. Most people would rather live under Desantis covid policy than Newsom

I live in a 70% blue area and still everyone complains about restrictions while living life completely normal and maskless

There's also no reason to blame the unvaccinated since as long as YOU are vaccinated theres no reason to worry about dying of covid any more than any other illness

Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:49 am
Superfreak

The infrastructure bull and looming economic boom will beyond seep the afghan stuff under the rug. This was always going to be messy. Biden needs help with the messaging, though - they come off much too defensive.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
There's also no reason to blame the unvaccinated since as long as YOU are vaccinated theres no reason to worry about dying of covid any more than any other illness

OBVIOUSLY covid is more prevalent than "another illness".

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:10 pm
Superfreak

We need to stop with the hyperbole. Trump's handling of Covid is obviously a blunder on a scale 1000s of times bigger. Hurricane Maria handling was 100x worse. Katrina handling was 100x worse. Clinton in Somolia? These things happen with foreign policy. This is media and some of the population being drama-starved for the last 7 months. Biden's tone has been poor but this just isn't important enough to most people. Everyone wants out of Afghanistan.

Biden is probably smart for knocking this out so early in his tenure. Economic gains and (hopefully) the final death of covid will beyond dominate the news in the coming months leading up to the midterms.

The absolute best thing Biden could do, right now, would probably be a short-term response of utterly epic force to regain to control and send a message while finishing the evacuation.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:14 pm
Hold the door!

Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

It's more "prevalent" because it spreads easier and quicker, but it's no more deadly as long as you have the vaccine.

People talking about the final "death" of COVID in 2022 is laughable. We already have a variant that breaks through the vaccine, even if we get 99% of the population vaccinated it will continue to spread, and more variants will arise until the end of time.

Also, people talk about Biden's handling of covid like hes doing something majorly different than Trump. He said he was going to wipe out the virus by the 4th of July by vaccinating masking and other things everyone was doing already.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:27 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
Excel wrote:
zwackerm wrote:

It's more "prevalent" because it spreads easier and quicker, but it's no more deadly as long as you have the vaccine.

People talking about the final "death" of COVID in 2022 is laughable. We already have a variant that breaks through the vaccine, even if we get 99% of the population vaccinated it will continue to spread, and more variants will arise until the end of time.

Also, people talk about Biden's handling of covid like hes doing something majorly different than Trump. He said he was going to wipe out the virus by the 4th of July by vaccinating masking and other things everyone was doing already.

That covid is everywhere means is a much larger threat than another illness even if vaccinated. The vaccinated are clearly doing much, much better than the untaxed - covid can 100% go away in 2022 if things keep progressing.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 pm
Hold the door!

Exactly, so if we have the vaccine that prevents serious illness, what's the problem with COVID? We're not getting to 0 cases without a vaccine that has 100% effectiveness, which will never happen.

Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 186  Next