Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.)

This seems like a decent read on the situation. He is likely looking to replace current NATO friendly president with pro Russia one.

Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:10 pm
Superfreak

Putin might be trading a neutral neighboring government for a friendly one, but he has pissed off a huge amount of people in own country.

This entire situation has been a MASSIVE WIN for American intelligence. This played out exactly as they said it would and now the entire world - including Russia - is blaming the correct person for these events. Russian people largely aware that the economic pain coming to them is on Putin, to anyone else.

Last edited by Excel on Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:48 pm
Superfreak

zwackerm wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Being invaded sucks for Ukraine, but I fail to see how this really negatively impacts the rest of the world. Is Ukraine some sort of superpower we need on our side?
Well if Putin gets away with it then why in the world would he stop at Ukraine? Britian and France let Hitler take Austria to avoid a world war and then it happened anyways.

Don't forget that Obama did diplomatically chase Russia out of Georgia.

Well Russia has a very poor gdp per capita so I'd think they could only take poorer countries than them.

1) Russia isn't Nazy Germany. The Russian people are much smarter and are largely unhappy with this move.
2) American military atm >>>> American military pre WW2. America + Nato? LMAO good bye who ever crosses paths

Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:50 pm
The Kramer

The American military is 1-3-1 since WW2...

Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:53 pm
Superfreak

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The American military is 1-3-1 since WW2...

American military was never threatened and highly restrained in those conflicts for the most part. You're also referring to occupations.

When America wanted to have its way in the Middle East, it did with ease. Would not be much different anywhere in the world TBH

Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Excel is right, this move has unified the West again after the damage done by Trump.

Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:07 pm
The Kramer

Tucker Carlson in defense of the invasion: "Has Putin ever called me a racist?"

Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's unfortunate, a tragedy, but so good to read how so many Ukrainians are staying to fight. From millionaires to those in poverty, they're not giving in. Even if (or when) Russia takes the capitol and wherever else, they're not going to be welcomed, and the attempt to maintain them is going to prove a slog.

-Ukrainian citizens returning TO Ukraine to help fight.
-The 13 soldiers who defied the Russian warship, telling them to go fuck themselves before being blown up.
-The man who sacrificed himself to blow up a bridge that made it harder for tanks to enter.
-Zelensky (and other leaders) not backing down and staying to fight despite knowing they'll likely be murdered in the coming days.

The reports of Putin/Russia not expecting such resistance is wonderful. The poor bastards.

Italy and Germany seemingly more in favor of banning Russia's access to SWIFT after being the biggest holdouts a day or two ago. This should have already been done, but at least it doesn't appear to be off the table again.

And it's looking more likely that Finland and Sweden will join NATO, especially after Russia decided to threaten them with military consequences if they do earlier today.

And seeing many in Russia, officials and citizens alike, protesting Putin is great news as well.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Putin threatening to kill family members of Ukrainian soldiers now who refuse to surrender. Imagine admiring and wanking off to a coward like this how Trump, Bannon, and more do (not just shameful excuses for Americans like them).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

I think to many in the West, Putin is seen as the last great bastion of the Straight White Male power fantasy. I mean you can order a bride in Russia! How great must that sound to them! White women too!

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:33 pm
The Dark Knight

Everything is screwed up... This would not have even happen if USSR /Soviet Union didn't got dissolved back in 1990s. The fact that hurts me most is that they are fighting with bloodline (Ukrainian vs Russian) though, they still have the bloodline of Soviets. A simple merger like Hong Kong SAR would have solved a lot of problems like mercilessly killing each other.

BTW, it's looks like Ukrainian State media are overlooking the data as 1000+ Russian military soldiers can not die in single day, neither Russia confirms such casualties..... (These numbers are over-the-counter to boost nationalism among Ukrainian) All those NATO last millitary support came when Ukrainian President to fight on his own along with it's officials.

If Entire Europe &America joined this war, then China/Xi will not be sitting idle. The entire Asian Countries will join forces against West. The fact is simple, Putin was a guest of honor at Beijing 2022 Olympics, Phillipines brought arms and artillery from Russia, in fact, more than 50% military weapons, missile of India comes from Russia. India, at present show neutral but the most important thing is that Russia was the only country in Security Council to veto out when other countries attempt to ban India from testing nuclear weapons. (In fact, Ukraine voted ban on Nuclear weapon testing, so no way India will back out Ukraine) On the other hand, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Mynamar, Singapore... are merely puppets of China, so that we support Russia... Mongolia will also support as stucked in middle.....Korea, &Japan will be neutral.

War does not give any good results. Only lawless killing. The fact, that Russia does not want Ukraine to be part of NATO, because we all know how was Iraq, Syria, Somolia, Lebanon were before US arrivals/friendship.

The Quote of the Day was : "To be an enemy of US, is dangerous but to be friend is fatal!!!" Yeah, it's true because at current situation no Citizens of any country want their soldiers for another motherland!!

I really want those UK, France &Germany to stop threating Russia as it raises more tense. In fact, Putin is a tough man, who lack emotion &might press the button if any foreign powers try to intervene.... Yes, provide support like humanitarian aids, but why soldiers, why do they want more sacrifices.... so that Russian wouldn't bordered NATO...

A simple peace treaty/ceasefire or merger would have solved the problem. I am just glad that they are not using nuclear weapons at least for now... I just don't want other countries to provide military assistance to Ukraine because I really don't want to see World War III.... Sincerely...

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:41 pm
The Dark Knight

‘Correction of history’: Syria president praises Ukraine invasion
Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad tells his Russian ally Putin the assault on Ukraine is justified and aimed at ‘restoring’ post-Cold-War balance
Link : https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/2 ... correction

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:57 pm
The Dark Knight

Russia vetoed out, while China, India &UAE abstained from voting!!

Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 pm
Devil's Advocate

I didn't realize Russia has lower GDP than Texas. Putin doesn't have the resources or manpower to take over Ukraine and make this WWIII by moving on to other countries like Hitler. Russia army vs Ukraine is apparently 900k vs 350k and who knows how many of Russian army is stationed in other places, Ukraine is also arming citizens etc. and are getting weapons sent to them from other countries. Russia has advantage but it's not a complete joke to get through them.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:15 pm
Superfreak

Unlike the 1930s, people don't live in bubbles. The people of Russia are basically fully aware of who is responsible for the problems now heading their way. There will be an intervention, coup, you name it in Russia if this situation goes south. The concern about Nukes is odd since there enough level headed people in Russia to prevent it from ever going that far.

It's 2022. Every day citizens won't fight or pay for a dumb war caused by a handful of bureaucrats in ANY country. Average American, average Russian, average Chinese person etc are all the same, generally wish the others well. Putin is almost certainly heading for a crash landing in some way. Even China knows the US blew up his spot and now he is boxing himself in.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:25 pm
The Kramer

But we've seen right here in America how a cult of personality can overcome reasonable things like logic and facts. At least 50% of the Russian people must support Putin and even if you don't are you really gonna risk your personal freedom to speak out against him? If I was a Russian citizen I would have spent the day playing Elden Ring and doing nothing else.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:42 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

A good deal of encouraging news the past ~12 hour with global support against Russia's (or Putin's, really) actions:

Spoiler: show
-Ukraine, so far, defending itself well, slowing the Russian invasion way down and largely keeping them out of Kyiv and other key cities. It's more than likely just a matter of time, but if they can keep it up for days and days, with NATO's resources, this will hurt Putin and Russia for the long term. They probably won't be able to maintain control for long if they do take it.

-Ongoing/growing protests in Russia.

-U.S. approves $350 million in military aid for Ukraine; also looking to sanction the Russian Central Bank ($600 billion+ in reserve) to deal a big blow to their economy.

-Hungary now agreeing to cut off Russia from SWIFT. (They were the last country, I believe, to have formally opposed doing so.)

-Kazakhstan refusing Putin's request for more troops.

-Poland and Estonia (maybe others, haven't actually looked at a list) closing their airspace to Russia.

-Germany authoring lethal weapons (rocket launchers) to be sent to Ukraine, a change in policy for them.

-International sporting organizations boycotting Russia (relocating their events, refusing to play, etc.).

-Outside of sanctions, various companies (such as Delta in the U.S., but even small business owners worldwide pulling Russian liquor and other products) are severing ties with Russia in their own ways.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall where Putin (who, allegedly, is growing increasingly isolated) is when cameras are off. Seems the insecure bully type that acts "tough" but throws tantrums and cries behind closed doors.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The Ukranian President is such a rock star. If he makes it out of this alive he's gonna become the most popular world leader easily.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm becoming more convinced that nearly everything reported out of Ukraine right now is BS. The first casualty of war is the truth.

Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:36 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Shack wrote:
I'm becoming more convinced that nearly everything reported out of Ukraine right now is BS. The first casualty of war is the truth.

So.....you think there's no invasion at all? And what are you basing this off of?

Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

Barrabás wrote:
Shack wrote:

So.....you think there's no invasion at all? And what are you basing this off of?

Obviously there is an invasion and things like Russia seems to be near Kiev. But any stories about how one side taking out the others forces or victories may be propaganda. There has already been some fake stories like a a Ukraine pilot shooting down 6 planes or Ukraine forces telling Russia to F themselves and then dying (apparently they ended up surrendering).

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:49 am
The Dark Knight

I will still called it a "Special Military Operation" as it basically targeting the Ukrainian Military, not the civilian. The other thing that has made Ukraine a big loser here is high bowling death counts on Russia! The fact is just they want to boost nationalism but to be true, Ukrainian can not defeat Russia Army. Also, Chechen Army are coming (50,000) to support Russian Army.

PV of Chechan Army

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:56 am
The Dark Knight

Putin is now ready to use Nuclear Weapon. (I am really sad about it (༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)

Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:53 am
Romosexual!

Shits getting real!

Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:55 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Kanroji Mitsuri wrote:
I will still called it a "Special Military Operation" as it basically targeting the Ukrainian Military, not the civilian. The other thing that has made Ukraine a big loser here is high bowling death counts on Russia! The fact is just they want to boost nationalism but to be true, Ukrainian can not defeat Russia Army. Also, Chechen Army are coming (50,000) to support Russian Army.

PV of Chechan Army

Russia is an unwelcomed invader, not a guest. Ukrainians clearly don't want them there. And when someone unwelcomed invades your home, you're not going to invite them in and give it up. Doesn't matter if it's one man, two men, or 50,000 men. Ask them to leave. And if they don't and turn hostile, you fight back. This is very simple.

Putin is the sole (or biggest) loser here. A coward of the highest degree who is experiencing a good deal of earned embarrassment on a global scale now due his blunder. If he really wants to bring them in, he needs to be in Kyiv (or anywhere else in Ukraine) talking to the citizens there himself. If they want him there, they'll let him know. If not, he needs to take his insecure, plastic-surgery ridden face back behind his overcompensating-sized table and sit down. And write some checks for the businesses and people of his own country who are going to be hurt financially now because of his cowardly actions.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next