Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.) 
Homo Dperious

Post Re: International politics (China, Russia, UK, etc.)
Well XBB Omicron is spreading globally anyway, so, there are huge increases in cases among the vaccinated. The virus is winning the “arms race” against the vaccines and boosters (which was predictable to me), so it’s only a matter of time.

Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious

Omicron was better than any vaccine I could have hoped for. It totally cleared my symptoms up; of “long Covid” or whatever it was.

Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:35 pm
Profile ICQ
Devil's Advocate

Check out our new article on the mainsite by Algren on China and covid http://wokj.worldofkj.com/the-real-reas ... id-policy/

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:45 pm
now we know

BBC wrote:
China's population has fallen for the first time in 60 years, with the national birth rate hitting a record low - 6.77 births per 1,000 people.

The population in 2022 - 1.4118 billion - fell by 850,000 from 2021. China's birth rate has been declining for years, prompting a slew of policies to try to slow the trend.

The virus has taken care of the elderly. That was probably by design, or if not it is certainly a welcome coincidence for the CCP. As for the birth rate, the CCP can take your organs if they need them, they can sterilise you if you're not the right ethnicity, so it won't be a problem for them to forcefully inseminate women either. If you're in China, you belong to the Party. Your life is not your life.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

China is interesting because a decade and a few years ago there were so many young Chinese nationalists I worked along side on internships. They seemed like normal if sheltered people who were friendly and open, but now I feel like I almost never see someone from that neck of the woods, particularly after Trump’s stint.

Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:55 pm
The Dark Knight

Algren wrote:
BBC wrote:
China's population has fallen for the first time in 60 years, with the national birth rate hitting a record low - 6.77 births per 1,000 people.

The population in 2022 - 1.4118 billion - fell by 850,000 from 2021. China's birth rate has been declining for years, prompting a slew of policies to try to slow the trend.

The virus has taken care of the elderly. That was probably by design, or if not it is certainly a welcome coincidence for the CCP. As for the birth rate, the CCP can take your organs if they need them, they can sterilise you if you're not the right ethnicity, so it won't be a problem for them to forcefully inseminate women either. If you're in China, you belong to the Party. Your life is not your life.

It's one thing to oppress a minority the average Han Chinese doesn't care about, it's another entirely to forcefully inseminate women. Even the Nazis didn't go that far. I don't see it happening, and if it did I trust there would be huge protests.

Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:08 pm
now we know

You're probably right. Chinese aren't much good at creating stuff. Maybe stealing another country's people would make more sense. I wonder where they could find a spare 23 million to boost their population.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

Oh Russia

Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:23 pm
now we know

I understand why they aren't shooting it down, but come on, just on principle shouldn't they be shooting it down? This will not sit well with Republicans, and inaction is only going to embolden the pro-Trumper types that Biden is doing a rubbish job.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

This is a good video on the state of the Russian economy (up to Jan 2023):

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Jesus. Putin's State of the Nation address is simply amazing how full of crap it is. Nobody expected anything else, but knowing it then listening to it are two difference things. A ton of empty promises. Loads of things just for propagandic effect. None will come to fruition.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

DP07 wrote:
Omicron was better than any vaccine I could have hoped for. It totally cleared my symptoms up; of “long Covid” or whatever it was.

That’s interesting, it also cleared up my long Covid vaccine physical symptoms last year. I think my body stopped attacking itself/all the spike proteins that spread through my blood and instead targeted omicron directly.

Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

The U.S. says it has credible proof that China is contemplating helping Russia with lethal support. I cannot understand why China would do this. I mean, read the fucking room, China! It's not a good look to side with Russia. Staying neutral, even though their neutrality was only a show (they clearly align with Russia), hasn't been too bad for China. To go forward with such assistance would just trigger a barrage of sanctions from the west, and at a time when China's economy is already struggling. If true, China seems to be doubling down on bad decisions.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:55 am
Profile WWW
now we know

lol at China's 12-point "peace plan". What a crock of shit. Its only purpose is to benefit China if and when it invades Taiwan. It can never condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine because it knows it is likely to commit the exact same offence in the next few years on Taiwan, and it will need Russia for support. The final point of their "peace plan" is basically laying down a marker for their dodgy Belt and Road Initiative to get contracts to rebuild Ukraine. The absolute gall!

If any world power takes that document seriously they deserve all the bad luck they get - thankfully none have yet.

China waited a whole fucking year and that's all they could scrape together; a list of regurgitated anti-U.S. statements consolidated into a "plan". What a joke China is. It offers nothing creative or helpful or workable. It is basically twelve generalized lines from any understanding of international relations. Things that every western nation knew on 24th February 2022, and don't need China coming in as if it's saving the day twelve months later.

Any country that takes China seriously and doesn't see them as a joke on the world stage isn't a country worth caring about. China isn't this grand and calculating world power. They just parade as mattering. It's all an act. Everything is pieced together from guessing and imitation. They have zero creativity and no principles. At least no principles they would gladly tell the world. Their real principles are "it doesn't matter what we do, as long as China wins", "it doesn't matter what we do, as long as the CCP remains in power", and "masquerade as decent, hide the truth, punish those that reveal it." Unfortunately, as they have been like this for decades, it has filtered down to its people and the Chinese people are largely like this as well. Cheating and faking and not admitting mistakes or wrongdoing ... it isn't condemned in Chinese society. So it becomes the norm, the accepted norm. If you ever hear a Chinese person say sorry, consider yourself very privileged.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I'm glad to see China is supporting peace but obviously any "plan" requires specifics on how to divide up the land, anything less is just a performative gesture

Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:14 pm
now we know

Not that it is any of China's business, but any plan that China puts forth will only ever be for Russia's benefit. This plan is just the latest weak gesture from China to show Russia that it's in its corner. But I tell you now, if the shit hits the fan Russia will not see China come to its aid.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64795548

Regarding the U.S. ordering government employes to remove TikTok from their devices, China says "how unsure of itself can the world's top superpower like the US be to fear young people's favourite app like that", which is hilarious. China doesn't allow ANYBODY to have Twitter or Facebook or Instagram on their devices. Not just government employees. Nobody. So ... how insecure must China be? Very insecure, which of course we know they are. The U.S. lives in China's minds rent-free, lol.

Once again an example of 'if China says it, they're doing it themselves'. Whatever the CCP "firmly opposes" or complains about, they're already doing it. It is the most hypocritical government ever.

Canada and the E.U. have also ordered employees to remove TikTok. So it's all good news. ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:37 am
Profile WWW
now we know

This is quite remarkable. The U.S. is doing such a fantastic job supporting Ukraine. The rest need to up their game. All those other democracies have donated only $17.7 billion combined to the United States' $46.6 billion. Staggering.

For Americans, you can feel proud of your government for doing the right thing, being on the right side of history for a change.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The US empire relies on its reserve currency status, however all these countries that get successfully wooed into joining team China/Russia (looks like Saudi/Iran are and they're talking to African and Latin countries) may switch to Yuan.

Putin and Xi might be evil however they make a formidable combo intelligence/competence wise in a financial war and I don't think the Virtue Signal-crats are at their best mentally right now.

Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:40 pm
now we know

Their achilles heel is, being authoritarian, they do everything for their own interests. None of them actually have friends, so they're all likely to upset one another when they act selfishly, which in history has happened every single time dictatorships align.

Whereas with the allies, mutual gain and "win-win" are actually ends the countries strive for instead of just being empty statements like when China uses them.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:02 am
Profile WWW
now we know

What a joke the UN Security Council is as Russia assumes its presidency for a month. These organisations should be abandoned with how full of shit they are. Listen to this...China is a member of the of UN Human Rights Council. HUMAN RIGHTS ... CHINA??! It doesn't get funnier.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

So ... Tsai met with McCarthy. What are China going to do? They're like a broken record with all their "red line" rhetoric. Now they've got to act on it. Hopefully they don't just kill fish this time, lol.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:00 am
Profile WWW

I think Russia’s failures in Ukraine are actually working well in dissuading China from invading Taiwan. Prior to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, all I heard about from those I knew in the US military was how China’s invasion of Taiwan was imminent, but this was now over a year ago and nothing has happened

Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:24 am
now we know

Hmm. It won't have dissuaded them. Not at all. But they will be learning from Russia's failures and how the west have sanctioned them. They'll work to make their economy bulletproof.

But intel regarding when China will invade has always been "imminent" according to some. It's easy to get caught up in those predictions. I've done it myself too. But they will at least wait until after Taiwan's 2024 election before doing anything - they may not need to if they can get the populace to vote for the KMT party.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next