Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Who Will Be President? 

Who will be the next President?
Hilary Clinton 65%  65%  [ 30 ]
Donald Trump 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Someone Else 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 46

Who Will Be President? 
Defeats all expectations

Post Re: Who Will Be President?
Mail in voting is not a new thing. Don't fall for Trump's lies.

You mail in or drop off your absentee ballot in sealed envelope in many states.

Trump supports absentee voting. Let's do absentee voting for all states.

Last edited by i.hope on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Moving to Politics Forum

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:04 pm
Defeats all expectations

SolC9 wrote:
I am so tired of the fighting. The political and racial divisions of this county have it in flames. We cannot have another 4 years with a president who is pouring gasoline on the fire. I think enough people realize this now and Biden will be president.

I'm curious if anyone can cite an example of Donald Trump taking resposibility for any mistake ever. He always tries to pin it on someone else or contradicts facts to make himself look better. I myself cannot think of an example of him saying he made a mistake.

I am of the same view.

I regret that I failed to see through Donald Trump in 2016 as being a divider and an outright authoritarian. And the federal government is much more centralized in the executive branch than I thought.

He lies constantly (e.g. gutting the pre-existing conditions portion of the ACA but says he protects pre-existing conditions), politicizes everything (mask wearing, "Mexican" judge, etc), makes everything about loyalty to him (asking officials to do rounds of praising him at meetings, calling out judges, veterans, media, facts that "dislike me"), and disrespects the people and rule of law (teargassing people to do a photo op, sending federal agents against the will of the states to snatch up people on the streets into unmarked vehicles to undisclosed locations). He has wasted so much time and energy of the nation that otherwise could be spent on meaningful things like controlling the pandemic, renewing infrastructure, and improving racial disparities.

Last edited by i.hope on Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

New York’s primary hasn’t been decided after 6 weeks because of the mail in ballots, and a judge ordered to count ballots without postmarks.

If people are allowed to protest then they should be allowed to vote in person in one of the most important elections in US history. The mail in system could get very ugly because if it’s a small margin the loser can contest it for months. If there were mail in elections in 2000, 2004 and 2016 with one or a few <1% states as the difference, it would have been very difficult for the losing side to accept it. Especially with partisan divide at all time high, and where people on both sides are convinced the other is one of the most corrupt political parties in US history.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 pm
Defeats all expectations

People in most states are allowed to vote in person. There was mail-in voting in 2016. Absentee voting (Trump supports it) has been around before the pandemic. Many people choose voting absentee over in-person due to the pandemic.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 pm
Veteran

Biden, unfortunately.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:15 pm

I think Trump will find a way to rig the election in his favor.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:47 pm
Top Poster

Ranking the likelihood:
1. Trump
2. Harris
3. West
4. Biden

Even if Biden gets elected, Harris will be the one sworn in next year.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Alex Y. wrote:
Ranking the likelihood:
1. Trump
2. Harris
3. West
4. Biden

I guess we're smoking crack before posting on the ol' WoKJ these days.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:55 pm
Romosexual!

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:

He’s already doing it with the USPS :mad:

Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:43 pm
Devil's Advocate

Alex Y. wrote:
Ranking the likelihood:
1. Trump
2. Harris
3. West
4. Biden

Disagree that he wouldn’t make it to Inauguration Day, but it’s obvious he will step down in his first term, over/under is probably about 2 years.

“if and when"

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:50 pm
Superfreak

Biden has a big lead, I suspect is going to see a significant jump due to Kamala, and then another bump with the convention...nothing is guaranteed obviously but...

Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 pm
Defeats all expectations

Rev wrote:
Darth Indiana Bond wrote:

He’s already doing it with the USPS :mad:

Quote:
Motherboard identified 19 mail sorting machines from five processing facilities across the U.S. that either have already been removed or are scheduled to be in the near future.

It's likely done to slow mail delivery and cripple the post office. Removing sorting machines will drive up cost, not reduce it. Someone has malevolent intention.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:17 pm
The Kramer

Trump calls AOC a poor student. Her response: "How about you release your transcripts and I'll release mine and we will see who the better student was. Loser has to fund the post office." :hahaha:

Obviously nothing will get Trump to stop defunding the post office though. In their eyes, a good democracy should have as few people voting as possible. Preferably only rich white men, as the founding fathers intended.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

15% of mail sorting machines are being removed from their facilities, the majority of which are located in swing states. And 46 states have issued notices of likely mail delays. If he's this desperate to cheat out in the open, and actually admit to it, just imagine what he's going to be doing in the final weeks/days from election day.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Trump and his voters think the Democrats are the ones trying to steal the election with fake mail in votes, so it’s hard to imagine the loser on either side accepting this one or avoiding weeks of late counting, litigation and chaos.

Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:48 pm
Defeats all expectations

I can't think of anything good from deliberately slowing down mail delivery. A lot of people get their medicine delivered by mail. Some get their utility bills in the mail. Tampering with mail delivery to create chaos is just evil.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:21 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's a terrible situation and I can't imagine how Trump or anyone who advises him (...) thinks this was a good thing BESIDES actually doing so to cheat and stop early voting. Just wait until people don't receive their medication, social security checks, etc. delivered as expected due to this.

There are also pictures of post offices now having to put up signs up that they don't have stamps, packages, money orders, etc. and don't know when they'll receive more due to lack of funding too.

This is all going to impact rural areas, Trump's base, the most, areas that only have the USPS to rely on, so...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
Trump and his voters think the Democrats are the ones trying to steal the election with fake mail in votes, so it’s hard to imagine the loser on either side accepting this one or avoiding weeks of late counting, litigation and chaos.
So both sides agree that this is only being done to help Trump win the election?

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:49 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Shack wrote:
So both sides agree that this is only being done to help Trump win the election?

Yeah it’s sketchy. Don’t agree with it. Won’t make me vote Democrat though.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:51 pm
Devil's Advocate

Shack wrote:

Well it’s more like stopping the Democrats from trying to steal the election from the perspective of Trump or his voters. So I guess technically it’s helping Trump win the election.

Trump isn’t defunding the post office, he’s just refusing to give them more money. The reason they can’t handle the traffic is mostly their own doing for struggling financially for several years and then getting especially crushed during COVID. He is supporting mail in balloting in states that have been doing it already for several years like Colorado.

I don't see why every mail in ballot shouldn't require you to mail in a request with verification first. Would save a lot of problems.

If the shoe was on the other foot for some reason and Trump was the one pushing mail in ballots and Democrats were trying to block it, I’m sure leftists would be paranoid that Trump and Putin are trying to steal the election by stuffing the ballots with fake votes, or that he wants an election with no winner so he doesn’t have to leave. That’s basically exactly what conservatives think the Democrats are trying to do, either have fake ballots or have no winner or a close enough loss that they can dispute it, and then after months of battling hope to force him out with the Supreme Court or the House and Senate voting or whatever. It’s a tricky situation where both parties are investigating the other for corruption at the same time and consider the other the bad guys, and the pandemic is the perfect opportunity to think the bad guys (whoever you think they are) are going to use it to try shenanigans to steal an election. In conservative/libertarian circles nobody fears Biden beating Trump in a fair election, they fear the Democrats cheating. In a vacuum I think pushing mail in ballots is more election rigging-y than fighting against them, but whatever side Trump supported leftists would probably look for how he’s going to cheat.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:13 pm
Defeats all expectations

zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

What do you think about this?

Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:44 pm
Hold the door!

i.hope wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

Republicans jump ship all the time, as do Democrats.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:55 pm
Defeats all expectations

zwackerm wrote:
i.hope wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Shack wrote:

Republicans jump ship all the time, as do Democrats.

What do you think about Trump withholding aids b/c blue state and having "magical" authority?

Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Not going to create a new thread to mention this, so just going to do so here.

What in the world must the Conway homelife be like? Most are probably aware that George Conway, Kellyanne Conway's husband, openly and heavily criticizes Trump and everything, so that'd be awkward enough. But now their teenage daughter has taken to social media to express her ill feelings/hate toward both Trump and her mom... As well as her dad, but not nearly as much. Just sort of your "normal" teenager/father relationship stuff.

Families can of course live fine together and still have different beliefs, feeling/opinions about things, etc., though few can manage the maturity to do so, but this is clearly a special case.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next