Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 For the sake of the party, Hillary needs to drop out 
Superfreak

Post For the sake of the party, Hillary needs to drop out
Quote:
If Obama gets nominated, it's definetely going to be a tough and very close race because he also appeals to independents and some Republicans for some reason. I think that if anyone says "So-and-So will win" is rather foolish in an Obama/McCain match-up.

If Hillary gets nominiated, McCain has it in the bag. He'll tear her campaign to shreds by forcing her to drop her experience platform. McCain has far more experience than Hillary. Iraq will blow up in her face because of her vote for the war, defending her vote, yet saying we should pull out. McCain will point her out as a flip-flopper on the Iraq War and he'll point out the successes in Iraq. All McCain really has to do is hope that Iraq doesn't get worse and hope that things remain on the same path or get better. The media will pounce on Clinton for all the scandals she and her husband have been in. McCain just has Keating Five and his divorce, both of which can be brushed off with ease. And frankly, McCain is just better at capturing the independent and moderate vote than Clinton.

I honestly whole heartedly agree. If its Hillary, all the things shes used to do well amongst democracts will not work against mCcain and the fucking Clinton supporters need to wake up and realize that! I dont like her but no way in hell do I wanna see john fuckin mccain win the election because once again we pick a horrible candidate,

BUT if its Barrack vs. McCain you have to polar oposites, and Obama could easily exploit McCains weaknesses. Age would become a huge issue but more importantly, the entire election could center around the IRAQ WAR becauce with niether obamna or clinton could a republican last in an econimic debate, not after the past 7 years.

And if thats the case Barrack would win the general election because the majority of the country opposes the war and McCain doesnt but Barrack always has.

That gains Barrack instant trust because it makes him more relateable. Its the people in the middle will instantly not like mccain due to his endless support fo the war while barrackl has always been against it; its that simple.

This isnt even about who i want to win anymore; its that i dont want fucking john mccain and war loving ways in the white house and if hillary is the one who wins the nomination, than we democrats are screwed.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:28 am
The Original

Post Re: For the sake of the party, Hillary needs to drop out
I did read a very good article about the "Clinton Campaign". Well if she gets the nomination
that might backfire huge against here.

I think Mc Cain is even an option for Democrats who dont like the way how Hillary fought the campaing....so yeah all for Obama here!!!!

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:32 am
Superfreak

this isnt even about barrack...i dont want another republican in the white house and hillary quite simply wont win the general election. every non hillary supporter says wether they are barrack edwards mccain romney huckabee guilianni or whoever supporters. the thinking is all the same: barrack obama has a much much much better chance to win then Hillary does.

i dont want a 2 004 repoeat where we giove away an aleection because we chose a candidate we know wont win.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:35 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Clinton could beat McCain.
Obama could beat McCain.
Edwards could have beat McCain.

Saying we could be in Iraq for 100 years isn't going to get him many crossover DEMS, or Independents. The turnout is going to greatly favor the DEMS. No near tie turnouts. I wouldn't be surprised with a 60-40 turnout. It's not really about who could be best against McCain, because he won't win either way. There is no chance a Republican is going to get elected this time. And the argument that McCain could attract DEMS/Independents can also be used against him when it comes to REPS since both Giuliani and the Terminator have endorsed him.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Corpse if Hillary gets the nomination HE WILL WIN.

Hillary is not the reason record turnouts are occuring; its mainly due to barrack bringing in new voters; hillary is just winning all the ones who usually vote and if Barracks out so are his voters. Kiss good bye a record turnout and its a standard old election and McCain will make her look like an idiot. Barrack did it 2 weeks ago but has calmed down for the sake of his party; imagine how its going to be in a no holds bar battle with a repuiblicans and god knows how many skeletons in the closet the clintons have.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:42 am
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

McCain is stronger on ethics, louder against torture, longer on honesty (yes, even in light of his Romney attacks), and best of all, runs on a post-partisan platform. Some of McCain's most passionate positions are on issues such as climate change. That, compared to someone that flamed an opponent for suggesting the opposing party's luminary had ideas. I agree, Clintonistas have no idea what they're getting themselves into. Democrats inclined toward victory should jump ship before it's too late.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:45 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Excel wrote:
Corpse if Hillary gets the nomination HE WILL WIN.

Hillary is not the reason record turnouts are occuring; its mainly due to barrack bringing in new voters; hillary is just winning all the ones who usually vote and if Barracks out so are his voters. Kiss good bye a record turnout and its a standard old election and McCain will make her look like an idiot. Barrack did it 2 weeks ago but has calmed down for the sake of his party; imagine how its going to be in a no holds bar battle with a repuiblicans and god knows how many skeletons in the closet the clintons have.

That's the thing. Hillary will be impossible to attack, or bring up dirt on. She's already been through it. Obama is the one who will get attacked the most for being new.

There will be this illusion floating around soon about how McCain has a better shot at beating both Obama or Clinton than any other REP. That's true I'd say, but that doesn't mean he will win, because he won't win. The DEMS didn't do shit in NOV 2006, and won BOTH the House and the Senate due to the Republican backlash. I'm pretty sure we'll see the backlash again this NOV, so it doesn't matter who wins the nomination on either side. Some head to heads may be closer than others, but the end result will be the same. Do you REALLY think another REP will be in the White House next year? With the frontrunner agreeing with Buch so much? It won't happen.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Corpse you dont understand, her name being dragged through the mud doesnt mean shes tough it means she already has a bad image! People opionions on barrack wont just change over night; Hillary would have an uphill battle to begin with in winning over non supporters; its been said for weeks her support wont grow much bigger than it is nomination or not. Barrack will have far less tourble winning over clinton supporters or edwards supporters.

its time to stop thinking about our own personal opinions and think about what is best for the party because bush 2.0 presidential threat is very real and if you dont think mccain can win, how did bush get reelected?

If it becomes a lesser of 2 evils like it was in 2004 Clinton will lose no way around it. Attacks platforms aside, her image is just too wrong. Shes too devisive and its set in stone she cant change that part of her image and that will be her downfall.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:56 am

Corpse wrote:
That's the thing. Hillary will be impossible to attack, or bring up dirt on. She's already been through it. Obama is the one who will get attacked the most for being new.

There will be this illusion floating around soon about how McCain has a better shot at beating both Obama or Clinton than any other REP. That's true I'd say, but that doesn't mean he will win, because he won't win. The DEMS didn't do shit in NOV 2006, and won BOTH the House and the Senate due to the Republican backlash. I'm pretty sure we'll see the backlash again this NOV, so it doesn't matter who wins the nomination on either side. Some head to heads may be closer than others, but the end result will be the same. Do you REALLY think another REP will be in the White House next year? With the frontrunner agreeing with Buch so much? It won't happen.

Being through it once doesn't mean she's immune to having all the dirt being dug up again. She has a lot of dirt. Much of which, unfairly I may say, involves her sovereignty as a wife. If McCain going dirty is the concern at hand, we must elect someone with less dirt than McCain, not more.

How come John Cleese is at a Fox News focus group?

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

If Clinton is viewed as the agent of division and Obama as the agent of change as you are suggesting, then he should have the nomination locked up already. But he doesn't, and is behind at the moment. And he'd be fairing better than her in the head to head polls against McCain. They do the exact same against him. There is nothing going on here, it's all an illusion of politics, esecially this time around.

And did you ever think that they could be the Democratic Nominees for Pres and VP? What do you think of that?

DIrected at Excel.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

corpse, I know McCain is a republican but the man has some strong support for moderates which you need to win the white house.

Clinton cannot attract moderates.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:07 am
Profile WWW

Corpse wrote:
If Clinton is viewed as the agent of division and Obama as the agent of change as you are suggesting, then he should have the nomination locked up already.

That is incorrect, because many Democrats want division. They want division to score points against a party that wronged them.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:08 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mannyisthebest wrote:
corpse, I know McCain is a republican but the man has some strong support for moderates which you need to win the white house.

Clinton cannot attract moderates.

If it was a normal election, yes. But it's not. It's not going to be a near 50/50 split when it comes to REP/DEM voters. And McCain will continue to stick with Bush on Iraq, which is going to hurt his support among moderates. And to address the topic od record turnouts for the DEMS, that is said to be soley because of Obama. If that's true, why hasn't he won every primary so far? More people have voted for Clinton than Obama so far in America. Being mostly Democrats, and the Democrats will outweigh the Republican turnout this NOV. So...

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:12 am
Profile WWW

Corpse wrote:
If it was a normal election, yes. But it's not. It's not going to be a near 50/50 split when it comes to REP/DEM voters. And McCain will continue to stick with Bush on Iraq, which is going to hurt his support among moderates. And to address the topic od record turnouts for the DEMS, that is said to be soley because of Obama. If that's true, why hasn't he won every primary so far? More people have voted for Clinton than Obama so far in America. Being mostly Democrats, and the Democrats will outweigh the Republican turnout this NOV. So...

His point is that Clinton turned out whomever would have voted anyhow, whereas Obama is giving her a run for the money with supporters that normally don't vote in Democratic primaries. Those people will go back into hiding (can you say, young people?) or support McCain. Don't think they will support McCain? Ask one of the thousands of red-blooded conservatives that voted as Obama Republicans. Many of them may even support Obama in the general election, against a Republican candidate they publicly lambaste as RINO (Republican in name only).

Dispirited conservatives would rally behind McCain as an act of keeping Clinton out of the White House.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:16 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Angela Merkel wrote:
Corpse wrote:

His point is that Clinton turned out whomever would have voted anyhow, whereas Obama is giving her a run for the money with supporters that normally don't vote in Democratic primaries. Those people will go back into hiding (can you say, young people?) or support McCain. Don't think they will support McCain? Ask one of the thousands of red-blooded conservatives that voted as Obama Republicans. Many of them may even support Obama in the general election, against a Republican candidate they publicly lambaste as RINO (Republican in name only).

Dispirited conservatives would rally behind McCain as an act of keeping Clinton out of the White House.

And if the ticket is Clinton/Obama? NOT Obama/Clinton?

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 am
Profile WWW

Corpse wrote:
And if the ticket is Clinton/Obama? NOT Obama/Clinton?

That would depend on:
1. McCain's running mate
2. Obama's ability to calm the nerves of moderates opposed to Clinton. Many would see him as a sellout, myself included.

All the "Obama Republicans" would still be lost though. They wouldn't vote for Clinton even if hell froze over, and it's personal against her and her husband.

Obama is less likely to choose Clinton as running mate than the other way around. Obama knows Clinton is a liability in the general election; if he wants to woo women voters, Kathleen Sebelius would be a better bet.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 am
Superfreak

as i said, it seems to be a growing realization amongst everybody not in clintonation and its time they woke up and smelt the coffee before they do some real damage to our party and get hillary the nomination aka hand the presdency to republicans.

because corpse-all these people your counting on to vote do not suport hillary!

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:28 am
Devil's Advocate

I agree

Hillary is fucked if she goes against McCain IMO

Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:37 pm
Extraordinary

Simply, if it's anything involving a combo with Hillary I'm going the opposite. Now, in my state it is a 90% probability it will be going Red so it won't matter much but I don't doubt there are many voters who might actually take a look at Obama simply because he would represent some type of actual change but would then skip him if Hillary were added or vice versa.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]