Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 California Democratic Debate 
Extraordinary

Post California Democratic Debate
Anybody watching it? Or Lost?

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: California Democratic Debate
I'm watching it.

They're so far nice to each other :unsure:

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

yeah and in this environment, Hillary kicks Obama's ass! I am loving everyone of her answers. she's focused. she's authoritative. she's our next president!!!

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:49 pm
Veteran

No Country for Sam wrote:
yeah and in this environment, Hillary kicks Obama's ass! I am loving everyone of her answers. she's focused. she's authoritative. she's our next president!!!

I think she does better in the sitting format of debates as opposed to standing. Obama loses some of his body language advantages of being so tall when he is sitting.

Great line-"it took a Clinton to clean up for the first Bush and it might take another to clean up after this one".

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

:thumbsup:

maybe a clinton/obama pairing is still possible after all? :D

Best Actress 2008

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

I guess America Ferrera is voting for Hillary!

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Christian wrote:
I guess America Ferrera is voting for Hillary!

yeah she did some video with Hillary that perez hilton put up... go look it up. :yes:

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:24 pm
Extraordinary

Clinton indeed does better in the debate format; she is more articulative and comfortable at making the argument. But overall Obama didn't stumble or take some of the baity questions down the wrong path, and it's one of the better debates we've seen so far, informative with clear presentation and direct answers.

I'm happy with both candidates and just want them to beat McCain.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Wolf Blitzer certainly wanted a less-civilized debate, but they do look like running mates this time.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

They have a lot more in common than they do differences. The press loves a fight though, but come on, these two are on the same team. Either one will support the other.

I think they both are doing very well, but as an Obama supporter, I like his answers better. ;)

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

The best "debate" yet!

Loved the last question.

Best Actress 2008

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I am very enthused about my party. I like the idea that we can have two strong candidates who may disagree on issues but can do so respectfully. I mean, I don't agree with my wife on every issue either but we still like each other.

I still give it to Obama, though... I thought he was able to point out his differences very well.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Rod wrote:
:thumbsup:

maybe a clinton/obama pairing is still possible after all? :D

I would like it.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

She still had a bullshit answer about why she approved the war in the first place and still won't admit that was wrong. She also denied she had ever supported licenses for illegal immigrants when we can play the tape easily. Come on, give me a break.

I thought Obama's comments about making the right decisions despite the polls was good, and aimed at her (rightly so) because I don't think either Clinton goes to the bathroom without a poll telling them it's OK first.

But overall, I still would vote for Hillary over any of the people running in the GOP.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile WWW

Groucho wrote:
She still had a bullshit answer about why she approved the war in the first place and still won't admit that was wrong. She also denied she had ever supported licenses for illegal immigrants when we can play the tape easily. Come on, give me a break.

I thought Obama's comments about making the right decisions despite the polls was good, and .

I don't know why people get stukc on this. The mood in the country at THAt time was that they had to make the best decision with the information thatw as being presented. She voted the same way a good percentage of the country voted. This is one of those trick questions. If she says "Yes I make a mistake" she'll get torn apart. If she stands by her answer at least she doesn't give in to the trap; it just leaves the door open for criticism which she can take.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:08 pm
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Groucho wrote:

I thought Obama's comments about making the right decisions despite the polls was good, and .

I don't know why people get stukc on this. The mood in the country at THAt time was that they had to make the best decision with the information thatw as being presented. She voted the same way a good percentage of the country voted. This is one of those trick questions. If she says "Yes I make a mistake" she'll get torn apart. If she stands by her answer at least she doesn't give in to the trap; it just leaves the door open for criticism which she can take.

The best decision is to stay out of war, as opposed to fall for a plausible excuse.

This debate is basically neutral. Hillary has a slight advantage, negated by her Iraq response.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:15 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It was a great...conversation. And I'm glad it wasnt bitter. And dumb Wolf was trying to press the bitterness two times. Once when he asked Obama if he was directing that at Hillary or something, forget what this was. And at Hillary when she said "Nice try, Wolf".

And the pair would be the unbeatable ticket I'm sure. And it's clear, despite how much support and loyalty they both have from their fans/supporters, both sides want it. You could tell by the audience.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 pm
Profile WWW

Heh, Yahoo's headline is "Clinton and Obama trade barbs"

The media's really itching for a boxing fight, and they didn't get one. Maybe they should have Barbara Streisand and Hulk Hogan go at it.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:31 pm
Forum General

it was the best debate thus far and really showed everyone what the democrats have to offer.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

The mood in the country at THAt time was that they had to make the best decision with the information thatw as being presented.

Giving Bush the authority to go to war was not the best decision given the information that was presented. And not everyone fell for his bullshit the way Clinton did. Obama, for one, did not and spoke out against going to war.

Quote:
She voted the same way a good percentage of the country voted.

My criticism of Hillary is that she voted the way she did BECAUSE that's the way the country was leaning. She did it because it was politically expedient and popular, without regard to principle or facts on the ground. She was the not only the one who did this, of course, but between she and Obama, Obama showed the better judgment.

Quote:
This is one of those trick questions. If she says "Yes I make a mistake" she'll get torn apart.

That's not true at all. Most Dems were forgiving of Edwards and moved on once he admitted he'd made a mistake. He managed to diffuse that situation. If anything, Clinton has fallen into the Bush tendency of refusing to admit a blunder.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Angela Merkel wrote:
Heh, Yahoo's headline is "Clinton and Obama trade barbs"

The media's really itching for a boxing fight, and they didn't get one. Maybe they should have Barbara Streisand and Hulk Hogan go at it.

I think both candidates were very aware of the media meme of the past two weeks and decided mutually to rise above it. Good move. Good for Dems and good for everyone except the media.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

i really liked how Obama went and critized people in his own community.

I a talking about how Blacks blame immigrants for huge inner-city unemployment. Obama called it a scapegoating. That clearly showed he his nowhere near being a black only candidate.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

hillarys not losing supporters, what a surprise :roll:

What Barrack did do well, and I personally thought very well was bring up the general election and the fact that he has a much better chance to defeat McCain than Hillary does.

It was subtle enough but you gotta figure now that he can obviously afford to stay in past super tuesday, itll grow clearer. These rent my words, but they sum up what i think is happening pretty well

Quote:
If Obama gets nominated, it's definetely going to be a tough and very close race because he also appeals to independents and some Republicans for some reason. I think that if anyone says "So-and-So will win" is rather foolish in an Obama/McCain match-up.

If Hillary gets nominiated, McCain has it in the bag. He'll tear her campaign to shreds by forcing her to drop her experience platform. McCain has far more experience than Hillary. Iraq will blow up in her face because of her vote for the war, defending her vote, yet saying we should pull out. McCain will point her out as a flip-flopper on the Iraq War and he'll point out the successes in Iraq. All McCain really has to do is hope that Iraq doesn't get worse and hope that things remain on the same path or get better. The media will pounce on Clinton for all the scandals she and her husband have been in. McCain just has Keating Five and his divorce, both of which can be brushed off with ease. And frankly, McCain is just better at capturing the independent and moderate vote than Clinton.

I honestly whole heartedly agree. If its Hillary, all the things shes used to do well amongst democracts will not work against mCcain and the fucking Clinton supporters need to wake up and realize that! I dont like her but no way in hell do I wanna see john fuckin mccain win the election because once again we pick a horrible candidate,

BUT if its Barrack vs. McCain you have to polar oposites, and Obama could easily exploit McCains weaknesses. Age would become a huge issue but more importantly, the entire election could center around the IRAQ WAR becauce with niether obamna or clinton could a republican last in an econimic debate, not after the past 7 years.

And if thats the case Barrack would win the general election because the majority of the country opposes the war and McCain doesnt but Barrack always has.

That gains Barrack instant trust because it makes him more relateable. Its the people in the middle will instantly not like mccain due to his endless support fo the war while barrackl has always been against it; its that simple.

This isnt even about who i want to win anymore; its that i dont want fucking john mccain and war loving ways in the white house and if hillary is the one who wins the nomination, than we democrats are screwed.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:23 am

Kinda funny you mention that, I've already communicated with the McCain campaign, in case Obama drops the ball. :funny:

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 am
Extraordinary

I really enjoyed this debate. I wouldn't mind either of them in the White House, and would love to see both of them there.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next