Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Florida Primary 
Forum General

Post Re: Florida Primary
John McCain, WINS YEAH!!!

I am a centrist but I think he is the only person who can really hurt Obama and would easily destroy Clinton..

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Mannyisthebest wrote:
John McCain, WINS YEAH!!!

I am a centrist but I think he is the only person who can really hurt Obama and would easily destroy Clinton..

Which is why I am not happy tonight. :mad:

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Dkmuto wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:
Good news for Obama momentum:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/2 ... 83957.html

Surprise, it's actually a good article, and not douchebag-spin.

Yeah.

"Obama actually won more support than Clinton from voters who made up their minds in the last three days (46 percent to 38 percent), in the last week (39-31) and in the last month (47-40)."

And while Hillary did win with those who made up their minds on election day, it was only by four points.

I hope that story gets more play tomorrow.

hmm. who's milking and spinning everything now? Obama is putting up a good fight, but won't be enough in the end.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:40 am
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

No Country for Sam wrote:
Dkmuto wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:
Good news for Obama momentum:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/2 ... 83957.html

Surprise, it's actually a good article, and not douchebag-spin.

Yeah.

"Obama actually won more support than Clinton from voters who made up their minds in the last three days (46 percent to 38 percent), in the last week (39-31) and in the last month (47-40)."

And while Hillary did win with those who made up their minds on election day, it was only by four points.

I hope that story gets more play tomorrow.

hmm. who's milking and spinning everything now? Obama is putting up a good fight, but won't be enough in the end.

Nobody's milking or spinning anything. He stated an obvious mathematical fact. I don't believe the number need to get more play though. There's no need for whining with momentum on Barack's side, and whining it would be. ;)

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:47 am
Veteran

Beeblebrox wrote:
A Hillary win in Florida isn't even a symbolic victory. Not only do the delegates not count, but she's the only one who campaigned at all there, after all the Dem candidates had agreed not to.

The only reason she wants to re-instate the delegates is because she knew she was going to win the vote count. If Obama had won, do you really think she'd be making a big stink about it?

On the Rep side, I hope McCain call put this one out. If it's McCain vs Hillary, at least I get someone who's relatively principled and honest in McCain.

You mean the guy who criticized the hold of evangelical crackpots like Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell on the Republican Party in 2000, then dropped to his knees for their endorsements the last two years. Yeah, keep living in your fantasy land.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:51 am
Profile WWW

mdana wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:
A Hillary win in Florida isn't even a symbolic victory. Not only do the delegates not count, but she's the only one who campaigned at all there, after all the Dem candidates had agreed not to.

The only reason she wants to re-instate the delegates is because she knew she was going to win the vote count. If Obama had won, do you really think she'd be making a big stink about it?

On the Rep side, I hope McCain call put this one out. If it's McCain vs Hillary, at least I get someone who's relatively principled and honest in McCain.

You mean the guy who criticized the hold of evangelical crackpots like Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell on the Republican Party in 2000, then dropped to his knees for their endorsements the last two years. Yeah, keep living in your fantasy land.

Since we're on the topic of moral relativism, McCain indeed is relatively principled and honest compared to Billary. I can't picture, for instance, McCain being one to bring up Jesse Jackson on Saturday night, or to run through a whole burlesque troupe's worth of affairs. You're immensely intelligent, and certainly more so than I, but seem a little oblivious regarding all things Clinton. Bill was a very successful president, but he's on the low end of the character scale -- character being the issue at hand here. ;)

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:02 am
All Star Poster

mdana wrote:

I said "relatively." ;)

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:07 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

McCain is

- Hawkish on foreign policy
- A war veteran
- Anti-abortion
- Not prone to suggesting big social programs

I don't get why conservatives don't like him more. I don't mean here on the forum but in the country.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:10 am
Profile WWW

Archie Gates wrote:
McCain is

- A war veteran
- Anti-abortion

I don't get why conservatives don't like him more. I don't mean here on the forum but in the country.

Because Democrats like him. If Democrats like to eat cheesecake, cheesecake must be disgusting.

The best way to summarize my support for Obama (after going Bush in 04) is a yearning to impale that kind of thinking on a stick.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:11 am
All Star Poster

Archie Gates wrote:

The reasons I've heard include working too much with Dems, and for opposing torture.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Beeblebrox wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:

The reasons I've heard include working too much with Dems, and for opposing torture.

Also not being anti-immigration enough for the hard liners.

McCain and Obama are similar in some respects: They believe in telling it like they see it and are willing to work with the other party to get things done. Some fanatics (in both parties, but mostly Republicans) can't stand that.

McCain's image on this point however has been tarnished. He lied about Romney's record a few days ago (in what the press is now calling a "sucker punch"), and he has sucked up to the far religious right that he had stood up to before. So I'm not as impressed with him as I was a year ago...

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:21 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Groucho wrote:

Forgot about the immigration one.

Quote:
McCain and Obama are similar in some respects: They believe in telling it like they see it and are willing to work with the other party to get things done. Some fanatics (in both parties, but mostly Republicans) can't stand that.

An Obama vs McCain election would be a dream. I would hope that it wouldn't get nasty, but beyond that I think we'd talking more about ideas during an election than any in recent memory.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:24 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Beeblebrox wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Forgot about the immigration one.

Quote:

An Obama vs McCain election would be a dream. I would hope that it wouldn't get nasty, but beyond that I think we'd talking more about ideas during an election than any in recent memory.

In some ways, I would prefer that because I think the election would be civil (for once) and, of all the Republicans, I would rather have McCain in the White House if we lost again.

On the other hand, I think he would be the hardest one to beat, and I think if Romney got the nomination, the Democrats would win in a heartbeat.

I am very worried though because McCain kind of hinted tonight that Huckabee would be a good Vice President. Having Huckabee a heartbeat away from a 78 year old President scares me!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Oh, I just remembered: the Republicans also don't like McCain because he was one of the chief sponsors of the campaign reform bill. Republicans don't like laws that make them report their campaign contributions honestly!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:44 am
Profile WWW

Groucho wrote:
Oh, I just remembered: the Republicans also don't like McCain because he was one of the chief sponsors of the campaign reform bill. Republicans don't like laws that make them report their campaign contributions honestly!

Hillary doubletalks a lot about ethics as well, though most Democrats don't seem to mind.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:53 am
All Star Poster

Groucho wrote:
On the other hand, I think he would be the hardest one to beat, and I think if Romney got the nomination, the Democrats would win in a heartbeat.

I am very worried though because McCain kind of hinted tonight that Huckabee would be a good Vice President. Having Huckabee a heartbeat away from a 78 year old President scares me!

I wouldn't count out Obama against McCain just yet. For the reason you mention, McCain's running mate will be crucial, and his age will certainly be a factor. I've heard a rumor that McCain might promise to serve just one term, which might make him more electable.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 am
Profile WWW

Beeblebrox wrote:
Groucho wrote:

I wouldn't count out Obama against McCain just yet. For the reason you mention, McCain's running mate will be crucial, and his age will certainly be a factor. I've heard a rumor that McCain might promise to serve just one term, which might make him more electable.

Huckabee as VP would drive monstrous hordes of independents toward Obama though.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:01 am
All Star Poster

Archie Gates wrote:
McCain is

- A war veteran
- Anti-abortion

He's not considered conservative enough. What does that tell about the state of conservatism in America?

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:04 am
Profile WWW

Beeblebrox wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:
McCain is

- A war veteran
- Anti-abortion

He's not considered conservative enough. What does that tell about the state of conservatism in America?

There is no adjective in English for such a concept. Try French.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:05 am
All Star Poster

Angela Merkel wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:
Groucho wrote:

Huckabee as VP would drive monstrous hordes of independents toward Obama though.

I totally agree. That's why I think that McCain's VP is so crucial. I don't think it can be any of the presidential candidates. They are all a mixed bag of terrible. I think it could be a woman, though. Maybe a moderate like Christie Todd Whitman.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:08 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Angela Merkel wrote:
There is no adjective in English for such a concept. Try French.

I think Italian or German might be more appropriate. :hahaha:

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Beeblebrox wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:
Beeblebrox wrote:
Groucho wrote:

I totally agree. That's why I think that McCain's VP is so crucial. I don't think it can be any of the presidential candidates. They are all a mixed bag of terrible. I think it could be a woman, though. Maybe a moderate like Christie Todd Whitman.

Hm. A female VP for McCain would certainly throw things for a loop. How about a minority?

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

McCain would easily beat Hilary.

She has no moderate support and moderates well like McCain in large numbers.

He is the type of republican we like. Not to much of a social conservative, progressive and a real tough guy maverick man. His personality really helps.

Anyways i think conservatives must realize if they have nay chance at winning it would be Mccain. Anyone else and Hilary or Obama will take the white house no problem.

McCain Vs. Obama would be cool. Real clash of ideas and generations. IT would be a moderates election mostly.

Quote:
- A war veteran
- Anti-abortion

Well imo there is nothing wrong with being a war vet and not being prone to suggesting big social programs is well expected from him as he is a republican. When is the last time you heard a republican advocate free universal health care. Anyways free universal health care is not the greatest idea. It has to be a mixed system.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Edwards to quit presidential race

:thumbsup:

Now it's down to a one on one competition.

In one corner we got the handsome brotha and in the other corner the old hag.

:guns: LET'S GET IT ON! :guns:

the california debate's gonna be brutal.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 am
Forum General

will obama benfit or CLinton/??

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next