Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Obama's Pastor Is Sinking Him FAST 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Obama's Pastor Is Sinking Him FAST
loyalfromlondon wrote:
sleeping with an intern and thinking the United States instigated 9/11 are probably a wee bit different to most people.

Continuing to stay married to a known cheater and occasionally listening to a guy are a wee bit different to most people as well.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:59 pm
Extraordinary

The Dark Shape wrote:
loyalfromlondon wrote:
sleeping with an intern and thinking the United States instigated 9/11 are probably a wee bit different to most people.

Continuing to stay married to a known cheater and occasionally listening to a guy are a wee bit different to most people as well.

Laugh all you guys like, but in the end Bill is more supportive of Hillary's career than most men in America -nay, the world - are of their wives' careers. He's ready to to become "First Lady" which is quite an emasculated position for a guy who used to be president. And he's gladly willing to do it! If I were married to Bill, I'd stick with him too. I think they love each other, actually.

And lets not forget that staying with a spouse who cheated is the norm, not the exception, in marital culture.

Back on topic, I empathize with Obama cause I remember when I used to get dragged to synagogue and my rabbi would make baseball analogies. I almost shot myself. Still, I went.

Like I said, I'm just paranoid because it was a reverend, rather than say, a community activist form the neighborhood where he grew up. I distrust extremely religious people for the most part. On Easter the front page of the Times had this article about how pastors were going to be mixing Obama's race message into their sermons. I broke out in a sweat. Then the first line had something to do with how they would first mention Jesus Christ, and then mention overcoming racism. The Jesus Christ part sent me lunging for a bottle of vino. :grrr:

Last edited by dolcevita on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:31 pm
Site Owner

People stay with cheating spouses all the time, there is no law that says Hillary must leave her husband because he cheated on her, and I don't know why everyone acts like it was some foolish action on her part.

The simple fact is, only she knows the relationship between her and her husband, and the decision was hers alone, we have no right to say anything on it, and I don't think the past 5 years have given us any reason to believe her decision to be the wrong one.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

I always thought her staying with Bill was purely politically motivated.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:47 pm
Extraordinary

loyalfromlondon wrote:
This lala land where couples divorce immediately because of infidelity sounds lovely. Is it near Nebraska?

It's a lot closer than the place where people agree with every single thing they hear. My grandfather was a preacher -- does this mean I somehow agree with everything he said?

Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:27 pm
Extraordinary

Eagle wrote:
People stay with cheating spouses all the time, there is no law that says Hillary must leave her husband because he cheated on her, and I don't know why everyone acts like it was some foolish action on her part.

The simple fact is, only she knows the relationship between her and her husband, and the decision was hers alone, we have no right to say anything on it, and I don't think the past 5 years have given us any reason to believe her decision to be the wrong one.

Of course it wasn't "wrong" of her to stay with Bill because if she hadn't she wouldn't be in the position she's in now and that can't be denied. She'd be on the level of a Pelosi or Boxer or Feinstein IF that. Plus, it's fair to judge someone on the this action alone.

Look, she stayed with him for Political Gain. Even I can see that and I'm sure women who aren't blinded by the thought of a woman president can see that too. How can I trust (I don't anyway) a person who stays with a husband who was caught red handed cheating on her in the white house while she was IN IT. Sometimes at the same time it was happening. How can you trust someone who stays with a man who has been accused not once, twice, thrice but multiple times of affairs, trists, sexual harassment whatever you wanna call it. She's been married to a philanderer for THIS long? Apparently She is the one with the serious lack of Judgement and NOT Obama.

Case Closed!

And no matter how many times people like Carville bring it up "36 min 40 secs out of a 40 min game" heh, she can't win w/o SDs causing a supernova.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:18 pm
Indiana Jones IV

nghtvsn wrote:
Of course it wasn't "wrong" of her to stay with Bill because if she hadn't she wouldn't be in the position she's in now and that can't be denied. She'd be on the level of a Pelosi or Boxer or Feinstein IF that. Plus, it's fair to judge someone on the this action alone.

Look, she stayed with him for Political Gain. Even I can see that and I'm sure women who aren't blinded by the thought of a woman president can see that too. How can I trust (I don't anyway) a person who stays with a husband who was caught red handed cheating on her in the white house while she was IN IT. Sometimes at the same time it was happening. How can you trust someone who stays with a man who has been accused not once, twice, thrice but multiple times of affairs, trists, sexual harassment whatever you wanna call it. She's been married to a philanderer for THIS long? Apparently She is the one with the serious lack of Judgement and NOT Obama.

Case Closed!

And no matter how many times people like Carville bring it up "36 min 40 secs out of a 40 min game" heh, she can't win w/o SDs causing a supernova.

You know what Sven not every marriage is in fact a monotonous relationship and in fact man infidelties are not even infidelties until whatever minute kink comes out and then people feel shamed by the people around them who likely do similiar things. Sex and love have little to do with each other. Sex in loving couples ot make the other feel better but not every couple thinks that sex ends with that relationship nor do they feel it is necessary. Ayn Rand even wrote about sexless couples in books like Atlas Shrugged.
You do not know the intimate details of the Clintons relationship. You know even less about that than you do Obamas pastor. Personally I think the whole pastor thing is overblown. But one could easily say the same of Obama and his church that he went their for political gain and no other reason one whihc could be wrong could be rigth who knows no one except obama and that is it as well. It doesn't matter.
Why the Clintons stay together? It doesn't matter.
Why Obama goes to this church? It doesn't matter.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3