Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Sbil

Post Re: Democracy 2020 (President Biden, Vice Pres Harris)
Looks like Klan of Green Gables (aka Marjorie Taylor Greene) will soon be stripped of her committee assignments.

She is deranged but I also kind of hope she keeps promoting her insane QAnon conspiracy theories to really hammer the point home of what Trump has done to this party.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:23 pm
Romosexual!

zwackerm wrote:
Reinstating the Mexico City policy is hands down the worst think Biden has done. My tax dollars going to fund foreign abortion? Nice!

so you're okay with funding 'domestic' abortion?

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:30 pm

The GOP is a mess and things could get worse if they don’t shred themselves of the Trump, conspiracy, Qanon image that has become the new public face of the party. The GOP had no business losing Georgia, which is obviously a sore sport for the party.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's very interesting how much the GOP has changed over the past 4/5 years. You can argue a bit longer even, but it's been changing at an exponential rate in recent years. The lack of messaging and especially leadership has allowed the party to be consumed and infected by... lunacy. It's not even really a matter of moving further right or anything like that at this point.

I read a day or two ago that Fox News was 3rd in ratings, behind CNN and MSNBC, for the month of January. It was the first time in like a decade (or longer, forget the exact number) since they came in third. A significant chunk of their viewers have left them for the looney toon programming on Newsmax and wherever else.

McCarthy has proven a true failure of a leader, but he's got to take a stand to get his party back together or they're going to see major losses that could damage the party for many years. I was trying to think of someone else that could help bring them together, but... there's no one. They don't have a past president that can help. They don't have a current party leader that has shown the ability to unite them. And they don't have a party member in the party that's widely respected, past or present.

The Dems are also changing too, moving further left at a quick, but at a far more gradual pace. The Dems can still largely "unite", which is saying something for a party that has struggled in the past to unify. The far-left wing of the party does openly criticize their own members, but it's not going out and attacking them, voting against them, threatening to primary them, or trying to remove them from assignments and such.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Rev wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
Reinstating the Mexico City policy is hands down the worst think Biden has done. My tax dollars going to fund foreign abortion? Nice!

so you're okay with funding 'domestic' abortion?

No but as long as we fund PP with our tax dollars, we are funding it whether I like it or not. The Hyde amendment (which democrats want done away with) prohibits funds from going directly to abortion, but the fungibility of money and creative accounting make it a cute gesture at best.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

The Qtards are maybe 0.2% of the Republican voters. Even Alex Jones doesn't believe in Q. Why is the GOP so intent on trying to keep their votes? The Democrats will hang them with this for years.

If Q was created by someone on the opposition it was genius. It allows them to take the things they really don't want people talking about such as election fraud or The Great Reset and shut it down by calling the right conspiracy theorists.

Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:37 pm
Romosexual!

Shack wrote:
The Qtards are maybe 0.2% of the Republican voters. Even Alex Jones doesn't believe in Q. Why is the GOP so intent on trying to keep their votes? The Democrats will hang them with this for years.

Because Trump believes in Q and the Republican Party are still ruled by Trump. As shown by McCarthy going down to Mar-a-Lago to kneel & kiss the ring.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:03 am
Top Poster

% of QAnon in GOP is smaller than % of transgenders in Democrats. Trump does not believe in QAnon anymore than Biden identifies as a transgender woman, but they’d both rather get their votes and not get cancelled by them like what transgenders did to JK Rowling,

Just because you support people who identify as transgender does not mean you are transgender yourself. Same relationship between Trump and QAnon.

Election fraud topic is not QAnon and shouldn’t be conflated. Analogy would be there are many Democrats supporting the idea that Trump should be jailed. They make these claims without any court of law to rule in their favor (even though social media does not censor their posts or ban them for making unsubstantiated claims). Again, just because many transgenders believe in jailing Trump, does not also mean anyone who believes in jailing Trump is transgender.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

This letter is apparently real :lol:

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:32 pm
Hold the door!

Hilarious.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

What is the purpose of his office?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Alex Y. wrote:
% of QAnon in GOP is smaller than % of transgenders in Democrats. Trump does not believe in QAnon anymore than Biden identifies as a transgender woman, but they’d both rather get their votes and not get cancelled by them like what transgenders did to JK Rowling,

Just because you support people who identify as transgender does not mean you are transgender yourself. Same relationship between Trump and QAnon.

Election fraud topic is not QAnon and shouldn’t be conflated. Analogy would be there are many Democrats supporting the idea that Trump should be jailed. They make these claims without any court of law to rule in their favor (even though social media does not censor their posts or ban them for making unsubstantiated claims). Again, just because many transgenders believe in jailing Trump, does not also mean anyone who believes in jailing Trump is transgender.

I’m sorry but what the actual fuck is this post? You sound batshit. What kind of equivalency is QAnon on the right and “transgenders” on the left? What do trans people have to do with any of this? Was this your attempt at portraying a straw man? Because it’s horrible. Jesus.

No one said EVERY Trump voter is a QAnon person but you’re in complete denial if you don’t think a significant number of his supporters are. You yourself were pushing baseless conspiracy theories for MONTHS after the election. So don’t even try and pretend like you’re working with a full deck here because you’re not.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:16 pm
Top Poster

While there is no scientific basis to their beliefs, it is bigotry to ridicule and exclude them, and instead we should accept them as they are despite having different worldviews. This thinking in regards to transgender is how I feel about the QAnon minority. I am not QAnon, but if you call me that, the equivalent would be for me to call you a transgender.

JK Rowling may be considered transphobic for her statements, but what about the shameless and open hostility against those who identify as QAnon? Imagine if transgender politicians were being asked to step down from their government positions just because they identified as transgender, similarly to how QAnon politicians are being ostracized. Imagine if when Elliot Page came out as transgender and everyone who was supportive on social media, fact checkers dispute their comments, saying "there is no scientific basis to these statements" and then blocked their posts from reaching others.

__

Trump's letter to SAG is absolutely hilarious.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:19 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Alex Y. wrote:
While there is no scientific basis to their beliefs, it is bigotry to ridicule and exclude them, and instead we should accept them as they are despite having different worldviews. This thinking in regards to transgender is how I feel about the QAnon minority. I am not QAnon, but if you call me that, the equivalent would be for me to call you a transgender.

JK Rowling may be considered transphobic for her statements, but what about the shameless and open hostility against those who identify as QAnon? Imagine if transgender politicians were being asked to step down from their government positions just because they identified as transgender, similarly to how QAnon politicians are being ostracized. Imagine if when Elliot Page came out as transgender and everyone who was supportive on social media, fact checkers dispute their comments, saying "there is no scientific basis to these statements" and then blocked their posts from reaching others.

__

Yeah, because people feeling like they were born in the wrong bodies (their "beliefs") is the same thing as claiming 9/11 never happened and that school shootings were false events with child actors.

So you're nonsensical and a bigot. Congrats! Quite possibly the most ridiculous and deeply offensive form of whataboutism I've ever seen.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:08 am

A major and majorly negative cornerstone of 2010s American politics is starting to unravel and that is the party line vote. It is important that is does.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

I see the rise in conspiracy theories is a direct result of the poisonous state of the media. If you can't trust the news or feel there's a double standard not only will people start to correctly feel they've been lied to, but they have to research stories themselves eg. a lot of people are interested in the Epstein/Maxwell story, if the media is going to avoid it, people are going to look it up themselves and find Q stuff. Same for the blackout for a few months about Hunter's laptop. Furthermore the media participated in a conspiracy theory in Russiagate themselves. The media has put ideological goals ahead of journalism leading to mass gaslighting and therefore division.

Also there being a "conspiracy" to stop Trump is pretty much self admitted now, the only question is whether it just involved leftists grouping together in indirect ways such as media, social media, business, etc. or actual changing the votes

Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:17 pm
Top Poster

Libs wrote:
Alex Y. wrote:

__

Yeah, because people feeling like they were born in the wrong bodies (their "beliefs") is the same thing as claiming 9/11 never happened and that school shootings were false events with child actors.

So you're nonsensical and a bigot. Congrats! Quite possibly the most ridiculous and deeply offensive form of whataboutism I've ever seen.

She has denounced those other non-QAnon claims as media taking her out of contexts. “9/11 was an inside job” was being spouted by mostly far left groups condemning Bush. Kylie Irving has been a very public BLM advocate wanting to cancel last year’s NBA season, and also made statements about fearth being flat, that does not make flat-earthism something BLM supporters believe, like you’re saying QAnon supporters believe about 9/11 and school shootings.

Anyways, you all ridicule QAnon as crazy people with mental health problems, but it wasn’t that long ago that it was considered to be that many transgenders had mental health issues and high risk of suicide. Likewise, QAnon people who believe what they believe and can’t change their identity (like transgenders can’t) get shunned publicly and receive a lot of death threats and cyberbullying from bigots.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I have to say that comparing a transgendered person to a QAnon follower is one of the most ridiculous analogies ever. I don't even understand where that's coming from, but you need a different analogy, dude. Compare QAnon followers to some left-wing political group or something, not people.

A person identifying as the opposite gender isn't a belief. I don't "believe" I'm gay. I am gay. A conspiracy theorist isn't a conspiracy theorist. A person becomes a conspiracy theorist from a "belief" that's formed from an outside influence or source, like the media or research on the internet, and they ultimately make that decision for themselves.

As a Democrat, I'm all for this infighting in the GOP. Hopefully the Marjorie Green's and Matt Gaetz's continue down their path. If they keep it up long enough, they'll likely keep the GOP out of power for a good decade or more. But as an American, it's a rather sad state that this has happened.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

If those who identify as QAnon are truly “deranged” and “batshit crazy”, then their mental health issues are what would lead them to believe in Satan-worshipping cannibalistic pedophiles. How their brain operate isn’t really something they can change on a whim, they can keep their beliefs closeted, but they can’t just suddenly change their worldview. Like is there any way possible you can convince yourself to become a QAnon, no matter how hard you tried? It’s just not possible to decide to become QAnon, unless one’s brain is programmed differently.

QAnon are a vocal minority that is very differentthan other conspiracy theorists, just like gay people are very different than transgender. To accuse any right-leaning conspiracy theorist to be QAnon would be like calling you transgender, which you are not.

I referred to Kylie Irving earlier because he was elected by NBA players to represent them as their vice-president, even with his flat earth statements. This does not mean NBA players who voted for him believes the Earth is flat, or that NBA should’ve been cancelled; just as those who voted for or support Greene doesn’t make them QAnon.

Donald Trump doesn’t denounce QAnon but claims to not really understand them. I don’t understand QAnon either and feel that only someone who is QAnon can truly understand QAnon, just like only a transgender can truly understand how it is to be transgender. But somehow by not denouncing them, Trump and his supporters become classified as QAnon.

Joe Biden supports 8-year olds should be able to identify as transgender. I believe, like JK Rowling, that children, especially pre-puberty, should not be permitted to have transgender surgeries, and that people don’t really know who they are until at least puberty, often much later. I recall being pretty asexual prior to puberty, and only started feeling attraction for the opposite sex upon puberty. But just because Biden is supportive of allowing pre-puberty transgender procedures, does not make Biden or most of his supporters transgender

Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Shack wrote:
I see the rise in conspiracy theories is a direct result of the poisonous state of the media. If you can't trust the news or feel there's a double standard not only will people start to correctly feel they've been lied to, but they have to research stories themselves eg. a lot of people are interested in the Epstein/Maxwell story, if the media is going to avoid it, people are going to look it up themselves and find Q stuff. Same for the blackout for a few months about Hunter's laptop. Furthermore the media participated in a conspiracy theory in Russiagate themselves. The media has put ideological goals ahead of journalism leading to mass gaslighting and therefore division.

Also there being a "conspiracy" to stop Trump is pretty much self admitted now, the only question is whether it just involved leftists grouping together in indirect ways such as media, social media, business, etc. or actual changing the votes

There’s also a big difference between Trump exposing truths covered up by the media, and the QAnon or other conspiracy theories not mentioned by Trump. Election fraud, Hunter laptop leaks, and hydroxychloroquine were all directly mentioned by Trump so we sought out more information online after media coverup. QAnon theories were never acknowledged by Trump, so true Trump supporters had no reason to believe in them.

There were signs prior to the election, but It became pretty obvious afterwards that the conspiracy against Trump was not just from leftist groups but also the NeoCons and globalists.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Yeah that article is a good read.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:24 am
The Kramer

Lol Qanon are not a vocal minority or the Pubs wouldn‘t be bending over backwards to appease them. This is the party now. Q is the captain now. Just like with the racists, the Pubs may not all agree with the creed, but they know they need these people if they want to win since their actual policies do not help the vast majority of Americans. They saw how Donald Trump created a character based on all the Republican stereotypes as a way to mock them and instead it took it them to the moon for four years. One half of our government is now shaping itself like a Blue Collar Comedy tour. Get R Done!!

You’re welcome for that $1400 btw. Must be nice to win even when you lose.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:38 pm
New Server, Same X

Alex Y. wrote:
QAnon are a vocal minority that is very differentthan other conspiracy theorists, just like gay people are very different than transgender. To accuse any right-leaning conspiracy theorist to be QAnon would be like calling you transgender, which you are not.

I don't know whose views you're regurgitating here, with the QAnon/transgender comparisons, but they're bad in a very entertaining way

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:48 pm
Devil's Advocate

Alex Y. wrote:
If those who identify as QAnon are truly “deranged” and “batshit crazy”, then their mental health issues are what would lead them to believe in Satan-worshipping cannibalistic pedophiles. How their brain operate isn’t really something they can change on a whim, they can keep their beliefs closeted, but they can’t just suddenly change their worldview. Like is there any way possible you can convince yourself to become a QAnon, no matter how hard you tried? It’s just not possible to decide to become QAnon, unless one’s brain is programmed differently.

I disagree they're all mentally ill, maybe some like the viking horns guy are crazy, but I read some Q forums for fun and it seems to me like a lot of them are sane people who are mainly guilty of hope and boredom (eg. for the most bored of them, their main contribution is tracking which planes fly in and out of Washington) . They got conned by someone telling them exactly what they wanted to hear which is that all the corrupt people and pedos of the world will get what's coming to them, and without the evils they're responsible for America and the world will enter a new period of enlightenment and pride. It's easy to see how some people could buy into that for emotional reasons. Whoever Q was did a pretty good job, Ezra Cohen-Watnick who was part of the department of defense claimed that he thought it was a sophisticated operation, it wasn't just some guy eating his mom's meatloaf surfing 8chan. In addition to happened to align well with a very bizarre four years that started with Trump claiming he wanted to drain the swamp and ended with the elite class full on abusing the people with fake news, mandated riots, lockdowns and censorship, which fit into their theory perfectly that the satanic pedos were like a wounded animal fighting for their life.. Without COVID I don't think Q would be as strong, it's easier to think something is wrong when the world has been thrown completely out of orbit and it appears society is on the verge of being hijacked or re-hijacked by billionaires favoring Biden's global agenda. These are abnormal times and therefore abnormal explanations are easier to believe than they normally would be. Same for the election, it's an undeniable fact that it was the strangest election night/week in history, therefore it makes sense people are suspicious more than if it was just a standard night with Biden acceptance speech in the early morning, if it was a normal night I think the election fraud story wouldn't have had legs. Overall I would still probably take the sanity of someone who has an incorrect view (Q people) over people who are on a mission to censor every view they disagree with.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:14 pm
The Kramer

Liz Cheney is gonna be cancelled for voting for convict Trump for his role in the insurrection.

Majory Taylor Green, who just got her high school diploma last year and legitimate believes that wildfires are caused by jewish space lasers, gets a standing ovation in congress. From all the people who have complained about AOCs lack of experience over the last few years.

This is the Q party lol. But its ok, I know you Pubs have to do a lot of mental gymnastics to justify your beliefs. Like how you worship a guy who only ever wanted to help the poir and even said “its easier for a horse to ride through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven” on Sundays and then spend the other six days of the week trying to slash the taxes of the rich at the expense of programs to improve the lives of the poor. :funny: :funny:

Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 186  Next